Start by marking “Boundary Broken (Boundary Magic, #4)” as Want to Read:
Boundary Broken (Boundary Magic, #4)

Boundary Broken

(Boundary Magic #4)

Years ago, boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther made a promise to an alpha werewolf. Now, just when the supernatural community in Colorado is enjoying a period of hard-won peace, the alpha turns up at Lex’s door to call in his marker. Two of his pack members have disappeared in the Colorado sand dunes, and he needs safe passage to hunt for them.

With her friend Simon Pellar
Published March 19th 2019 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Boundary Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boundary Broken

Ian
Good without being great.
It's an entertaining instalment in the story of Lex Luther, Colorado's very own blood witch.
The book feels a little like a set up for a new story arc.
HappyBookWorm2020
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author is one of my favorite urban fantasy writers and her Boundary Magic series is my favorite of her series. There are vampires, werewolves, ghosts and witches in this world. Most of the human population does not know they exist. While each book can be read independently and is a complete story in itself, it is probably best to begin with the first book in the series.

The heroine, Lex, is a boundary witch, which means she has special abilities at the intersection of life and death. She ca
Beth
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boundary Broken is an amazing urban fantasy read. The plot twists and turn were unexpected with a cast of characters that I’ve already come invested in. Olson binds the reader to her writing with realistic, but totally fictional, characters who have heartfelt emotions and true personal connections to each other.

Lex is an intelligent, kick but character with heart! This was one of those reads that you just didn’t want to end.

I received this ARC copy of BOUNDARY BROKEN from 47North. This is my ho
Ami
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
After she finished with the second arc of Scarlett Bernard series, Melissa F. Olson returns to Boulder, Colorado, to give us, readers, the next arc of boundary witch extraordinaire, Allison “Lex” Luther.

The new trouble brewing in Colorado starts when two werewolves come into Lex's house, asking for her help to track down their missing pack members. Lex find the wolves killed - and soon old enemies seem to making new move to stir problem with the supernatural community of Colorado.

Melissa F. Ols
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

Boulder boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther returns in the fourth installment in author Melissa F. Olson's Boundary Magic series. Apparently, the book jumps 2 years from the last book titled Boundary Born, but she did appear in Scarlett Bernard's Shadow Hunt. Lex is a former Army veteran who was left to die, but managed to survive thanks to her previously unknown boundary magic.

*Full Review @ Gizmos Reviews*

Maggie
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
Book 4 - I do recommend the series be read in order. So, if you’re looking at this, you enjoyed the first three books. If that’s the case, you’ll enjoy this one as well. Olson is one of the better authors I’ve found available on Kindle Unlimited. Unfortunately, I’ve bought books that aren’t half as well written as these.
Dianne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better. Although I must admit that I received this from the publisher as an ARC-I am going to be buying my own copy because I really want to support this author. I first started reading this series on a whim-I don't normally use my Kindle Unlimited (why? Mostly because I don't expect to find quality reads, but I am so glad I made an exception with this series.Thes books are quality reads).

This book jumps 2 years from the last book, so you need to get use
Penny Noble
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every single time. It happens to me every single time: I forget how much I enjoy this author until I read a book by her. As in the previous books I’ve read by her, this book is well-written, has a totally fascinating plot, and has wonderful characters. I didn’t think I could love Lex as a character any more than I already did, but she is just so full of heart and real. I wish we had gotten to see Quinn more in this book but maybe in the next one. And speaking of the next one, I am so anxious to ...more
Sara Oxton
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boundary Broken by Melissa F. Olson a five-star read that will break your boundary’s. This is the forth novel in the Boundary magic series and each one just gets better than the last, I would recommend that you read them in order as we do get to see characters in this one that we have met in earlier books. This one came at just the right moment, I was sick and feeling rotten and bored stuck in bed then this one dropped and made my day. It takes you on a journey and it will lead you on so many tr ...more
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
What is a boundary witch? A boundary witch can see ghosts and lay them to rest by using blood magic. It’s a little bit more involved than that, but you get the gist of things. I love this concept, and oh, the adventures to be had!

Boundary Broken is the 4th book in the Boundary Magic series. Of course, this is where I start in the series. I enjoyed this novel enough to buy the first book and begin my journey on catching up. I didn’t feel lost in the series. Melissa F. Olson carried me throu

Avid
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is easily my favorite author right now. Love how her novels blend reality with fantasy and how the mystery and suspense drive the plot. The characters are really well illustrated and the pacing and editing are perfect - no sluggish spots or glaring errors to trip me up and take me out of the story. I predicted a few things, but there was still a lot of surprises. If you've made it this far in the series, then I don't need to expound on anything. Just know it is more of the excellent ...more
Keikii Eats Books
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews in this series and others, check out keikii eats books!

Short Review: Great new installment to the series. It was even better than I hoped for.

---

86 points, 4 stars!

Wow, Boundary Broken was a great installment to this series. I've always liked Lex and her boyfriend, Quinn. This series was always better than the Scarlet Bernard ones. I like what Lex gets up to, I love how Quinn helps and supports her. Also I really like Lex's powers.

It has been a while since I read these book
Lisa Strangeman
Trilogy 4 Starts well

I have to admit upfront that I am a superfan of Melissa. She's built a great world and anyone who enjoys urban fantasy will enjoy her Old World series. In Boundary Broken we return to Lex the witch with super powers related to death. This entry is set significantly after we last saw Lex, and starts a new challenge for her and her friends. I highly recommend you read the prior installments in both the Scarlett series and the earlier Lex books. This is an exciting new entry wh
Melindeeloo
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, urban-fantasy
I really enjoyed Boundary Broken and I liked seeing Lex in action - I really think the former solder and Boundary witch is a great character and this story had lots of things for her to do. With conspiracies in the background coming to light when Lex's attempt to repay a debt goes so wrong the story stays in motion the whole way through and the ending opens up a very interesting future for Lex and the Colorado supernaturals. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too long to see what happens next beca ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Boundary Broken, Boundary Magic Book 4, Melissa F. Olson

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: General Fiction (adult) Sci-fi and Fantasy

I found the first book involving Lex and Quinn a couple of years back, and avidly devoured that trilogy, then went on to read everything else Melissa has written about the Old World.
This series and the sister one overlap with characters from each making cameos and being referenced in both. Its one of those series I love to reread, and in fact have recent
Jael
Mar 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook
With Boundary Broken it's somewhere between one and two stars for me.
Things I liked:
-Quinn, I guess. In the first few books I did like his characters. He's very much a stoic, silent type of character. Sometimes, I feel like he's a very flat one dimensional character.

Things I didn't like:
-I really feel like Olson is setting up the books with a love triangle between Simon, Quinn, and Lex. Love triangles are one of my huge pet peeves. I also got super sick of this trope in her Scarlett Bernard se
Stacy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I loved getting back to Lex in BOUNDARY BROKEN.

I enjoyed the storyline in BOUNDARY BROKEN. A lot of things are changing in Colorado and BOUNDARY BROKEN seems to be the beginning of those changes. The wolves play a big role in things and I enjoyed seeing them stick up for their pack and help Lex in finding out who was targeting them.

It's fun to see Charlie a little older. She can talk and interact now and it adds some new aspects to her character and the story. I continue to love Simon and Lily.
Cat C
Couldn't put it down!

This book completely sucked me in and it enthralled me so much that I had to finish the last 15% in the car despite issues with carsickness because a little nausea was worth finding out what happened next!

This book builds heavily on previous events in the series and makes reference to other Old World books as well (Sashi!!); it's been a while so I appreciated all the exposition woven in, which was sufficient to spark my memory but simultaneously made me excited to go back an
M
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
If this book were a daytime TV drama, I missed several shows

I’ve read all the books of this series, but whilst reading “Boundary Broken,” I kept thinking I missed a book or short story somewhere. I plan to reread the entire series to figure out what I missed or forgotten.

This time I didn’t love Lex as much, because her character hasn’t evolved. Lex of the earlier books had more courage and gumption than current-Lex. It’s book #4 and she’s not as experienced a witch as I’d expected her to be. S
John Hamer
Another corker!

Oh how I love Melissa Olson's books... This was yet another fabulous trip to the Old World, exciting, emotional and impossible to put down. Some very interesting news about possible future developments, towards the end, make the anticipation of the next chapter of the stories (whoever it happens to feature) all the more toe-curling!

It was particularly great to see the inclusion of a non-binary character in this tale, and the careful use of correct pronouns was wonderful. Melissa
Jessica Lino
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Definitely still my favorite series and we even got Katia and Sashi to make appearances.
My only gripe was the time; this book is meant to take place roughly right after the events Shadow Hunt (as evidence by the fact that Will is missing an arm), but Lex keeps mentioning that this is about 3 years after Boundary Lines. In order for all of this to make sense - Grace would have to be 16 and not 19 and a freshman at college.
But seriously, these books get better and better w
Cathy Pardue
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boundary Broken - paranormal mystery

Really like this latest book the series. A foe from the last is back along with a mystery one we will probably see in future books. In this one, allies are dropping like flies and Lex is pretty much left to figure out and execute everything on her own, though that doesn't go well and people keep getting hurt. Action packed until the very end.
Hisham El-far
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa F. Olsen has brought us a new book in her Old World Urban Fantasy series - and it is excellent!

This book brings us back to follow Lex and catches us up on her family and the repercussions of Boundary Born.

There are also a few cameos from some characters from the Scarlett Arc.

This series is one of the best UF out there at the moment and If you love UF you should give it a try (just maybe start with Dead Spots)
Heather
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book brings back the werewolves that helped Lex out previously with the sandworm. They need her help to find a couple of missing pack members. What Lex discovers takes her on another adventure that leads her out of her comfort zone and an encounter with an old enemy. Get this book to find out what happens. You won't regret it.
Amy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Arthur L Spain
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable book In the boundary series

Melissa Olson's Old World books are always entertaining. Lex is a quality hero, strong and fragile at the same time. This one is full of twists and turns and lots of action! It leaves open the option for more books in the boundary series as well as options for crossover novels.
Melissa
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this world and characters!

Lex and pals always get me laughing, crying and on the edge of my seat. These characters are ones you remember from book to book and love to read every time.
John Colley
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

It took short while to get back into the world but once I did I was hooked. I love the secondary figures of Simon and Lily and this was a good story with Lex dealing with witches, vampires and werewolves with all the politics that brings.
Samuel  Flanigan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally

I have been impatiently waiting for this book to come out and out delivered as I thought it would. It was an amazing thrill ride as it takes you from one crisis to another. I can't wait but I'll have to for the next book to come out.
John Harris
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A little disappointed that there was no development in the main character’s magical skills/abilities in the intervening months that have elapsed between the time period At the end of book 3 and the start of book 4.
Melissa Olson was born and raised in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and studied film and literature at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. After graduation, and a brief stint bouncing around the Hollywood studio system, Melissa landed in Madison, WI, where she eventually acquired a master's degree from UW-Milwaukee, a husband, a mortgage, a teaching gig, two kids, and two comically o ...more

Boundary Magic (4 books)
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)