Start by marking “呪術廻戦 1 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #1)” as Want to Read:
呪術廻戦 1 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #1)

呪術廻戦 1

(呪術廻戦 Jujutsu Kaisen #1)

類稀な身体能力を持つ高校生・虎杖悠仁は、病床に伏せる祖父の見舞いを日課にしていた。だがある日学校に眠る「呪物」の封印が解かれ、化物が現れてしまう。取り残された先輩を救う為、校舎へ乗り込む虎杖だが!?
Published July 4th 2018 by 集英社

To ask other readers questions about 呪術廻戦 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 呪術廻戦 1

Start your review of 呪術廻戦 1 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #1)
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
After reading Jujutsu Kaisen vol 1 I understand more why other battle manga titles are disappointing to some readers. While the story isn’t breaking new ground the setup gives us a great idea of how our jujutsu members will work together.

This sets up Jujutsu Kaisen’s world so quickly! Yuji is the type of kid I love to read in these battle manga. Good hearted, protective but also rash and daring. He eats a dangerous finger, come on that makes him so worthy of the hero title.

Megumi though won me
Jessica
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Omg that cliffhanger!! I need more volumes asap!!
Olly
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, shueisha
ottimo inizio! molto promettente, bello violento!
amanda
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If I had died, or I had been the only to live the future wouldn’t be as bright.

There is something to be said about shonen manga. It can be too much at times. Sometimes you’re just not in the mood for constant action or an array of characters you know you’ll never be able to keep up with. When done right however it can blow you away and keep you engaged throughout the entire volume, nonstop battle scenes be damned. This is one such manga and I am so happy that I requested to read it and that I
Alex
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is pretty interesting, but it’s not very original imo. Especially in terms of characters. Although I assume the characters will get more fleshed out as this goes on. I’m gonna stick to the library for this one for now.

TW: animal death. I did not expect this going it and it disturbed me when I saw it. It’s only one instance near the end and it’s only a couple frames but still
Elise Dawson
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this volume to day of release but I’ve only just gotten around to reading it, honestly? I’m a little surprised. I knew the attention it was receiving was due to positive opinions but I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this volume as much as I did! It had a lot of interesting psychological themes with elements of horror. Genres I’m not really well used to but welcomed non the less. The grotesque nature of the curses was like a car accident, awful but you can’t look away. I’m definitely going ...more
Talon
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I saw this manga on Viz's instagram and read a short preview of it and it drew me in, so I went and bought it. To say the least, I'm happy I did. Since it's only the first volume, there is room to grow and I'm excited to see how the story grows.
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
~3.5 Stars

From the beginning, I'm unsure who we're following. We meet Fushiguro investigating a cursed object, and then go to Itadori, who's an average high school boy. He's in the occult club, but mainly because he needed to join a club that wouldn't overlap his outside-school responsibilities. Though he's found friends there, this is all interrupted when Fushiguro shows up and demons attack the school. When Itadori swallows the cursed finger, everything for him changes.
This was a wild volume.
Amanda K
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-arc!

This one is a 3.5 for me.

Just volume one so we're still in the getting the band together stage. The main character Yuji Itadori has a very Naruto vibe going and the eccentric teacher echoes Kakashi. But the differences make it fun - I like the myriad curse forms and the variety of ways to banish them. So far a good shonen series start, will read to see how it develops!
Jenny
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Wow guys, I don't think I've ever been more conflicted about starting a series before. Despite my four star rating, I have some issues with this first volume that are preventing me from committing to this series 100%. The best way to get my point across with conflicting reviews is, as usual, breaking this volume down in pros and cons. Let's get this started.

Cons (yes, we're starting with the cons, deal with it):

1. Itadora swallowed the finger. Itadora. Swallowed. The FUCKING. FINGER. I know that
Maklaine Mello
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sempre foi apaixonada por estória em quadrinhos e agora, não é para menos que amo mangás. Então estou plenamente viciada, e não consigo par de ler.
Esse novo mangá, e algo que me chamou a atenção e me fez querer saber um pouco e não foi que eu me vi gostando da estória e da desenvoltura, e quando vi já tinha terminado o primeiro volume.
Estou super INDICANDO, ele para quem gosta de uma aventura de mistério e adrenalina, pois tem monstros, luta e acima de tudo tem muita magia e claro amizade. E de
Kristina | kristinaandthebooks
This was an interesting take on well loved tropes! We follow a teenager who willingly ends up cursed to save his friends from demons, leading him on a journey as a "chosen one" to battle curses and demons. The art style, at least for the demons, is a mashup of Resident Evil and Spirited Away and was very interesting. I always love seeing anime artists creature their intricate worlds. As much as I usually prefer books to movies, I think this story would translate better in anime form because some ...more
Kristine
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Jujutsu Kaisen, Vol. 1 by Gege Akutami is a free NetGalley e-manga that I read in early February.

Yuji as part of a three-person occult research club at his high school, but then he ventures out like a Winchester brother gone solo, solving mysteries, offsetting curses, before being accepted into a more specialized high school where he can better hone his talents. All told, it has a dry wit that I really enjoy.
Tina Christopher
Solid 3.5
A lot of action, fun characters, lots of drama, and a cliffhanger ending make this a fun start to a series. I couldn't always understand the characters' reasoning and some of the behaviour seemed a little over the top, but I enjoyed the artwork and the story was compelling enough to keep me reading. And the cliffhanger means I'll probably will check out Vol 2.
Evelyn
It's Bleach meets Norigami. Yuji is just a normal dude, living his best life, then something occult happens and now he's supernatural. That's all I'm gonna say about the plot right now because I don't want to give away anything.

The art style is typical of a beginning shonen story, simple but dynamic with plenty of room to improve as the story progresses and the artist becomes more comfortable with the characters.

And speaking of characters, I love them all~ Except the female character. She's
Tramyyumi
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
ສະດຸດຕາກັບປົກຕອນທີຍາງເລາະໃນຮານປຶມ. ທັນທີທີເຫັນກໍຮູສຶກຖືກຊະຕາ, ຮູສຶກວາຕອງມັກພະເອກເລືອງແນນອນ-ແລະມັນກໍແມນ-ພະເອກເປັນຄົນໃຈດີ, ສົດໃສ, ຫຍາບນິດໆແລະສາຍລຸຍ; ເປັນແບບທີເຮົາມັກເລີຍ!

ຊືກັບບານມາສາມຫົວ, ເປັນອີກເລືອງທີອານເພີນຫຼາຍ, ເຮັດໃຫຮູສຶກຢາກອານຕໍໄປເລືອຍໆ. ຍິງໄປກວານັນ, ໂຕລະຄອນທຸກໂຕກໍມີສະເໜ, ຈາກທີມັກພະເອກກໍລາມໄປມັກໝູພະເອກ, ອາຈານ, ໝູພະເອກ2…

Taylor Paige Eddy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series so far, obsessed isn't the word.
It gives me Yu Yu Hakusho vibes but that's okay with me because I love that series too. I think the hype surrounding this series is accurate.
Kingston
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Art is amazing. The demons are unique and interesting. This would be a amazing anime!!! If your reading this from the future and there was a anime adaptation of this and it turned out to be the disappointment of the decade I'm sorry
Michael Schmid
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Muss sagen, gerade die Action Szenen haben mir richtig gut gefallen und auch, dass es stellenweise sehr krank und eklig is xD Das letzte Kapitel war übrigens richtig gut und ich glaube echt, der nächste Band wird mich dann auch vollends begeistern :Oooooo
kerrycat
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
alternately hilarious and horrifying, with an Ito-ish art feel that I admit turned my stomach just a little, in a good way.
Aleece
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great first volume of a new series. It keeps you entertained while also leaving more to be desired. We will see what direction this series takes in the future.
xGwenBx
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020, manga
3.5*

Une lecture sympathique. Ce manga se lit bien même si toutefois, j'ai trouvé que l'intrigue manquait un peu d'originalité.
Piloswineseyes
Veramente bello. C'è tutto : sangue, maledizioni e misteri. I personaggi sono tutti molto carismatici e ben pianificati, il ritmo è veloce ma non affrettato. Sono soddisfatto.
RG
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Cool fight scenes but avg story
Lucien Welsh
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid 4.5 stars! Such a fun read.

Check out my full review here on my blog, lucieninthestars.ca.
Hiba
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read. I can't wait to read volume 2
Anna
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite good. It's got some Bleach and Yu Yu Hakshuo vibes all over it.
Online Eccentric Librarian