Start by marking “Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)

Flight of the Raven

(The Ravenwood Saga #2)

Exiled and on the run, Selene Ravenwood is in search of the real reason her family was given the gift of dreamwalking but first she must adapt to her marriage with the man she was originally assigned to kill. With war impending and a dark being after her gift, she finds herself at a crossroads but time is running out and soon her choice will be made for her.
Published April 30th 2019 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Flight of the Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight of the Raven

Start your review of Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
R.F. Gammon
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars because THESE CHARACTERS ARE MY NEW CHILDREN AND I WILL PROTECT THEM WITH MY LIFE.
Elizabeth Dragina
After reading it for the second time I believe I'm ready to review this beauty. So... behold the masterpiece. I shall never recover. 💔 This book has stolen my heart in so many ways. Priceless.

I loved this so much more then Flight of the Raven, and I can't wait for Cry of the Raven, which will probably be my favorite. ^.^

Let's talk about this book. How much I loved it, and why you'll love it too.

First off the setting was absolutely gorgeous. And the map. *gasps* So beautiful. I could picture eve
H.S.J. Williams
I devoured Mark of the Raven in a day, so of course I was on pins and needles for the next book! Flight of the Raven picks up exactly where the first book ended and sets us forth on a quest of self-discovery.

It was really beautiful to see Selene open her guarded heart to the possibilities of happiness and hope she thought was completely barred from her. As she and Damien carefully explored their new and unexpected relationship, I both cheered and cringed because they are so awkward and adorable
Tricia Mingerink
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I pre-ordered the audiobook and literally set aside the audiobook I was listening to so I could jump into this one right away. After the sort of cliff hanger ending of the last book, I've been impatiently counting down to this book.

This book was a bit different than what I was expecting, yet in some ways it was exactly what I was expecting. It had less action than the last book. Really only the ending had anything like the danger and tense scenes of the first book. I was expecting a lot of Dami
Lilian
Well, I'm finally getting around to reviewing this! I've already reread it and it was just as good (maybe even more so) than the first time. The books in this series are true gems and will always be on my favorites shelf. :D

Flight of the Raven immediately impresses the eye with its absolutely stunning cover, and it definitely doesn't disappoint after with its unique well-written characters as well as the author's beautiful writing style. In the first book, we see Selene (the female MC) with a ha
JD Sutter
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Flight of the Raven picks up right where the previous book left off without much passage of time; a few hours at most. Selene and Damien's relationship with one another plays a huge part in the arc of this book so there is obviously a larger romantic element here than in the previous book. And while this book felt much more slow-moving than Mark there were still some developments in the story that advance the plot.

In this book, Selene is really on a journey to discover just who she is. She wants
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I AM FEELING SOO MANY EMOTIONS!

I loved the characters and the story line in the first book, but this one might take the "favorite" spot.

The first book dealt a lot with WORLD building and "Flight of the Raven worked on CHARACTER building. We're getting the see THEM. Their fears, their faults, their strengths and a snippets of what's to come. I'm really enjoying where the author is taking this story!

The author does an amazing job grabbing you and pulling you into the story. The pages fly by wit
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This intense series picks up right where Mark of the Raven left off. Selene left her family home to save Damien and finds herself still in the middle of intrigue, murder, and secrets.

I love this series. It is a war between the light and the dark. The House of Ravenwood has operated in the dark for centuries. They are all about power and gain. Selene learns the difference between light and dark and the warmth found in the light. She learns of the good in people and that a ruler does not nee
Nicki Chapelway
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I knew going in that this book was going to be fantastic from the way book one ended. I mean wowza. And it didn't disappoint.

I love character driven stories and this is certainly one. I adore Selene and Damien. They are my children and no one had better be mean to them. And I don't want any disrespect on Taegis either, counselor, guardian, and matchmaker 😜

Where the first book was much more fantasy, this was much more romance. I do wish that there was some more action, and the ending w
Heather Gilbert
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Beautiful second entry in the Ravenwood Saga. I loved the relationship of Damien and Selene and how that grew and changed throughout the book. Busse has a way of conveying deep emotions without overdramatizing everything, so you can actually take time to FEEL the way the characters feel. Especially in the ending of this, which I won't spoil, but suffice it to say, readers will be waiting with baited breath for book 3!
Deborah O'Carroll
A breathtaking continuation of the Ravenwood Saga, Flight of the Raven completely swept me away!

I loved the first book (Mark of the Raven) and have been on pins and needles waiting for the sequel to release. Flight of the Raven was one of my top-anticipated releases of the year and I was worried it might not live up to the first book, but it surpassed my expectations and I’m happy to say that I absolutely loved this book!

Author Morgan L. Busse has outdone herself in this delightful sequel, with
Bryn Shutt
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mark of the Raven was one of my favorite reads of all time and this second installment did not disappoint. The settings and character interaction were so vivid, rich and full of life. Definitely the most enjoyable parts. There were plenty of good twists and page turning moments ... the Dark Lady, yeah, my bunny slippers are still hiding.

Congrats to Busse for pulling me so deeply into Selene and Damien's "finally" kiss. Kisses, meh, I never care about them, but this was so, so good ;).

On a down
Hayden
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know why the books in this series keep getting five stars from me? Because they're seriously taking me back to my younger years when I'd stay up way too late just to finish "one more chapter."

(in other words, it's late and I'm going to bed now)

(also, how am I supposed to wait for the next book? I'm not used to reading series with cliffhangers anymore-at least not ones where all the books haven't come out already- and I'm IMPATIENT)
Shantelle
How exciting it is to dive back into the adventures of Selene and Damien! Flight of the Raven was one novel I was highly anticipating, and it did not disappoint! In book two of THE RAVENWOOD SAGA, Morgan L. Busse carries on with this epic story, following a would-be-assassin, her sister, and the young lord who is their target. With action, romance, mystery, and a journey of faith, this tale swept me away.

Truly, I'm always looking for new Christian fantasy novels, and this one has caught my atten
Monique
Flight of the Raven starts exactly where Mark of the Raven ends. If you’ve read it, you’ll know what I mean but let me just say it’s pretty spectacular and YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW MORE. Well, we definitely got to know more!

The journey goes on to Damien’s kingdom and there we have a slow burning romance waiting to happen. Let me dwell on that: it was beautiful to read about, and Damien has gone into my top 3 of book boyfriends of all time. This is huge, trust me. He’s extremely kind and thoughtful
Claire Banschbach
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reread - Feb, 2020 - still so good! Love everything about Selene and Damien! <3

~~

I've been dying for this book since I read book 1 months ago! I loved iiit! This series is becoming one of my favorites because it has so many epic moving parts, amazing characters, magic, and just this wonderful thread of faith at its core. I've enjoyed everything I've read by Morgan Busse, but this series is for sure her best.
Also Damien and Selene are <3. After the ending of book 1, I'd been dying to get back to
Celestria
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg this boooook, the ending 😱😍😭😭😭 I can't wait for Cry of the Raven.
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Flight of the Raven really digs deeper into the Light, and shows a little bit more of what it is all about. The fight of good versus evil is more evident in this installment, and it brought me everything I wanted out of the story and more. I found myself reading at every free moment, and allowed Selene and Damien to overtake my world for awhile.

Busse does such a wonderful job at bringing the story to the forefront. I think Christians will see this automatically, but I also think that for those t
Emileigh Latham
If you haven't read book 1, Mark of the Raven,

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Here are the reasons why you should read Flight of the Raven:

1. Addictive Page-turner
I seriously couldn't put this book down for long. The pacing was incredible! It is why I READ THE BOOK IN ONE DAY. The interesting thing - there wasn't a whole lot of action. It was intriguing and suspenseful enough to make me want to read the whole book in 24 hours.

2. Marriage
("Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today." - Princess Bride... C'mon
Sarah Monzon
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ummmm....kinda needing the next book now please!?!
Lisa Elis
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
AAHHH!!

not quite as eventful as book 1 but still exciting!! I finished it within a day!

/ quite in love with the Light
/ also I relate to Amara so much??
/ and I loved her part of the plot
/ BUT. THAT END. ARGH.
/ selene x damien, relationship growing!!
/ also selene learning a lot! growing! (in more than one way)
/ but still, I thought it was slightly too introspective on occasssion. I see the importance of internal conflict, but the number of times the narration asked these questions aloud sounded s
Beth Wangler
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
As others have mentioned, Flight of the Raven picks up right where Mark of the Raven left off. I loved getting back into this world and spending more time with Selene and Damien. The new setting by the sea was delightful. Selene and Damien's growing relationship was one of the highlights of the book, as was her growing strength with dreamwalking.

While I wanted to wholeheartedly adore this story, a couple things dampened my enthusiasm. I struggled to approve of some of the decisions the character
Laura A. Grace
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good thing I didn’t break my book gripping it that last 100 pages or so. 😅

What a turn of events! Like whew buddy! Prepare yourself!

I struggled with starting Flight of the Raven because I had a *really* hard time connecting with Selene. It wasn’t until I kept reading that I realized how well the author wrote her character. She’s seemingly so cold to me, though she’s not really anywhere near that. Her growth in this story deeply reflects that on so many levels it left my heart aching. I’m VERY ex
Ralene Burke
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Y’all, I read Flight of the Raven in LESS THAN 24 HOURS. I could NOT put this book down.

Now, if you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you know that the author of Flight of the Raven, Morgan Busse, and I are good friends. But did you know I was a big fan of hers before we became as close as we are now? Her stories have always resonated with me and kept me hanging on until the beautiful ending.

And Flight of the Raven, book 2 in the Ravenwood Saga, does not disappoint!

The relationship jo
Ashley Johnson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was anxious about this one! Mark of the Raven ended after a significant event had occurred and left the reader mid-story. Usually middle parts of stories, whether in book or movie form, are full of conflict and turmoil as the characters advance toward a conclusion. However, I found this book to be so much more than just a bridge between a first book and a third book. There is so much character development in this book! I absolutely loved getting to really know Selene and Damien! There is roma ...more
J.L. Mbewe
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flight of the Raven is everything a second book needs to be. It's got intrigue, tension, and just the right ending to leave you satisfied yet wanting more. It begins where Mark of the Raven ends. Lady Selene must adjust to her new way of life as she searches for the true purpose of her gift of dreamwalking.

Many fantasy stories that I've read feature quests and fast-paced action. Others burn slowly, building and developing into a beautiful story. The Ravenwood Saga is one such story. I look forwa
Violet Stone
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure I could write a review to do this book justice. I'll come back when I've collected my thoughts.
Addy S.
Did she love him? Perhaps.

okay. this book was so well written. beautiful. heart-wrenching. while there were several things that caught me off-guard, i really enjoyed this sequel to Mark of the Raven which i read last year! love love love. let's dive in:

-Language: none.
-Romance: [will explain this in more detail down below] some kissing, hugging/holding, attraction, feelings, and the like ;)
-Violence: some fighting, including a gory arrow wound, bloody wounds, descriptions of someone dying, evil
Faye
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Picking up right where the last book left off, Selene is adjusting to her new life with her new husband, and continuing her quest to to find the reason behind her dreamwalking gift. With tensions mounting between the great houses and possible war on the horizon, she must choose if she will serve the Dark or the Light.

Selene is courageous and brave leaving everything that she knew to blaze a new path for her and House Ravenwood. She faces the challenges of a new marriage, her growing unknown pow
E.F.B.
I enjoyed this a lot! We've got the issue of sequels here where I can't say much about the plot without spoiling the first book, but I'll say what I can. First off, I loved the continued character development for everyone. Selene and Damien make an amazing (view spoiler) and I thought their relationship was developed at a realistic speed given their circumstances. I just love seeing them both grow and learn more about themselves, each other, and Selene's g ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Story Hunter (The Weaver Trilogy, #3)
  • Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)
  • A Time to Speak (Out of Time, #2)
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • A Time to Rise (Out of Time, #3)
  • The End of the Magi
  • Storm Rising (Book of the Wars, #1)
  • A Time to Die (Out of Time, #1)
  • Moonscript
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • The Gentleman Spy (Serendipity & Secrets, #2)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • Kings Falling (The Book of the Wars Book #2)
  • The King's Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles, #2)
  • Dare (The Blades of Acktar, #1)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
Morgan L. Busse is a writer by day and a mother by night. She is the author of the Follower of the Word series and the award-winning steampunk series, The Soul Chronicles. Her debut novel, Daughter of Light, was a Christy and Carol Award finalist. During her spare time she enjoys playing games, taking long walks, and dreaming about her next novel.

The Ravenwood Saga (3 books)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)

News & Interviews