Start by marking “A Hero's Cape” as Want to Read:
A Hero's Cape

A Hero's Cape

A boy was reading a book in the park when a strange red cloth descended from the sky and landed on him. It's a Flying Cape! But just as Luck would have it, he lost the Cape as quickly as he found it. Join our hero in his quest to retrieve the Cape, in a series of hilarious and unexpected encounters with various characters in the neighbourhood, including a Father and a ...more
Published September 5th 2018 by The Luminous Cat

To ask other readers questions about A Hero's Cape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hero's Cape

Start your review of A Hero's Cape
Glen
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, firstreads
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A kid finds a cape that lets him fly. He almost immediately loses it, and gets into conflict with his entire neighborhood trying to get it back. Somewhat humorous.
Ann-Marie
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a nice surprise! This little book popped to the top of my tbr list just in time for me to take it with me on a visit to Wisconsin, where I have a couple of grand nephews just the right age for it.

"Hi, Leo! Hi, Warren! Oh, all right, Lorelei. Sit on Auntie Cookie's lap. You can hear it, too."

This brightly colored tale of a flying piece of red cloth is a delight. The cape comes out of nowhere, landing on the narrator's big brother as he sits outside one day. It takes him on a day full of
Denise Lauron
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute children's book

This book was about a boy who was trying to be a hero with a magical cape's help. Most of his hero stuff didn't involve the cape, but he managed to help anyway. This book teaches children that they don't need super powers to be a hero.
Toya Taylor
Loved this!!!

Excellent book for kids!!! What's crazy is that the boy in this story did more heroic actions without the cape.
Lee Sharp
This wonderful book is perfect for encouraging your young children or grandchildren to read. Enough of a story and nice pictures to keep their interest, but of enough difficulty reading to stretch their vocabulary and make the assistance or involvement of the caring adult a must. Perfect with hot chocolate : )
Melissa T
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-sent
Very cute story about helping people. Pictures are incredible!
Sigy George
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous read from the author. Having read A Dream, I was keenly waiting for another book by the author. The illustrations are lifelike and draw your immediate attention. Thus when I received a copy of A Hero's Cape, my excitement knew no bounds. My expectations were high when reading the book and the book didn't disappoint me. I was rather feeling lost when the book finished, since I felt it finished too soon. This is the magic of Cory's books. The illustrations add a charm to the book ...more
Becky B
A little boy is very excited when a cape that can make him fly drops into his life. He starts planning how he can be a superhero when a wind sweeps the cape out the window. In his chase, the boy stops and helps many others along the way he finds in need. Does he really need a cape to be a superhero?

A cute story with a fantastical cape and one madcap chase as a mechanism to point out that you don't really need superpowers or a magical cape to be a superhero. The copy I received from the author
LK
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story of a boy wanting to be a hero when he mysteriously finds a magic cape. Even though he does become a hero it is not in the sense he may have expected.
A great book based around a great moral on how good deeds, and not a cape, makes you a true hero in life.
The simple narrative told from his brothers point of view makes the story more endearing to read.
Beautiful artwork in the form of illustrations brings the story to life and adds extra charm to an already engaging storyline.
I
Christina
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book to my twin boys, and they loved the story and the pictures. I love their are twins in this story. This is a simple kids book. The author send me a free link to this book, but we liked it so much a brought the kindle edition (so my daughter can have it on her kindle to read it anytime). This is 100% my opinion.
Andrea
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Unexpected Ending

I read this story with my six year old and we loved it. In her words (without giving the ending away) she loved how he was able to help people along the way and the ending was her favorite part.
Carrie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from Goodreads Giveaways. Thank you!

Super cute story.
Mary Migone
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little story!

How magical if we all had a piece of that red cape! Sweet little story of a boy’s day searching for a flying cape and all the good deeds he created.
Allison Clark
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Cute story about life leading you on a path that helps others.
Sarah Pick
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute book! I thoroughly enjoyed it!!
Ramona
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review of A Hero’s Cape

This is a wonderful children’s book. I would highly recommend this book to everyone. I won this book through a giveaway on Goodreads website.
Kathleen
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free review copy of this book.
Cute and colorful! The art looks inspired by both woodblock prints and Doraemon manga. I didn't expect the talking animals! The happy ending, though, I did expect. I still kind of wonder where the cape came from!
Linda
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Cute children's book about helping others!
Mya R
I won this in a giveaway. I like the message that being a hero involves helping others. That part is good, as is having characters who look East Asian. I'm not sure why the brother is doing all the helping, while the sister's role is to declare that her brother is a hero. Why doesn't she get to help, too? I understand not being able to declare good traits for one's self, as that would be presumptuous, but I still cringe at having a female character be close to invisible, her only role to declare ...more
Amy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I won the Kindle version of this picture book through First Reads. It is a cute story about a little boy that finds a magic piece of red cloth. He keeps losing it as he helps others. It is a good way to show empathy and kindness in action.
Debra
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cory Q Tan writes so good and the pictures that goes along with the story are so great! His books should be read to the kids in your home.
Mollie
Pritam Raj
Jul 10, 2019
Megan
May 14, 2019

• Match Me by Christmas (No Match for Love #8)
  • TOM THE TURKEY
  • Visions of Sugar Plums (Second Chances, #2)
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (Lakeside Resort #1)
  • Christmas is Coming!: Rhyming Bedtime Story Christmas Book for Kids
  • The Gillespie County Fair
  • Love Like Fire (Hearts in Hendricks, #2)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • Seeking Mr. Perfect (The Jane Austen Pact, #2)
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • Make-Believe Husband (Make-Believe Series Book 4)
  • A Case for the Book of Mormon
  • The Wonder of Now (Sanctuary Sound, #3)
  • No Fences in Alaska
  • Flame and Ember (Regency Love #1)
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • Little Blue Truck's Christmas
  • Romancing Lord Ramsbury  (Brides of Brighton #3)
Cory Q Tan is a Children’s Book Author who illustrates his own books, or better described as a Children’s Book Illustrator who writes his own stories, as he considers himself first an artist then a writer.
He graduated from The Slade School of Fine Art (London) in 1997, spending most of his time on printmaking (some etching but mainly lithography) in the picturesque printmaking department that