Start by marking “Diamond Bay (Rescues, #2)” as Want to Read:
Diamond Bay (Rescues, #2)

Diamond Bay

(Rescues #2)

KELL SABIN WAS IN TROUBLE

He knew it the minute the other boat drew near, the minute he heard the crack of rifle fire over water. Wounded and desperate, he flung himself into the Gulf and headed for shore.

Rachel Jones wasn't looking for trouble, much less a man, but in Kell she found both. He was washed up on her beach, unconscious, like so much driftwood, but he was every
Mass Market Paperback, 247 pages
Published May 25th 1998 by MIRA (first published February 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Diamond Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond Bay

Mo
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. We met Kell Sabin in a previous book and he was quite the mysterious character.

Rachel Jones wasn't looking for trouble, much less a man, but in Kell Sabin she found both. On a hot summer's night Kell is washed up - barely alive - on a Florida beach and into Rachel's life. Her instincts tell her to help him, and their love blossoms as he recovers from his injuries. But by falling in love with Kell, Rachel has put her own life in danger from the forces that want him dead. Once
Jane Stewart
Exciting. Hard to put down. Great fun. Neat characters. I loved the part Joe the dog played.

I suggest reading the physical book. Don’t buy the audiobook unless they redo it with a different narrator.

AUDIOBOOK NARRATOR:
I hated the narrator. Brenda Sweeney sounded like a little old lady prudish retired school teacher. The way she interpreted phrases was soooo off. Normal adult conversation would not sound that way. For example, one guy asks Jane if she will stay at the hospital to watch over the p
Saly
Kell Sabin is a legend in the shadowy world of intelligence and is a prime target, while on a vacation he senses danger and is attacked, getting shot and his boat bombed but he's tough and despite his injuries manages to swim a bit in the water.

Rachel Jones left her investigative journalist career when she lost her husband and moved to Diamond bay where she grew up and was the happiest, she runs two shops and writes. While walking on the beach, she sees something and finds an injured man with a
Lady Heather
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suspense/thriller/contemporary romance luvvas
Recommended to Lady Heather by: Dorsey Wrath Lover & KA Addict

5 SHINY, VINTAGE-MILITARY-ROMANCE-THRILLER GOLD STARS!

After reading this story I was kicking myself for not reading it sooner.

This is another fantastic story by Linda Howard!
Her characters are the Original bad-ass-uber-alpha-males, and Kell Sabin is no exception.

I LOVED him!
(Kell reminds me so much of John Madea from All the Queen's Men.. which I now want to re-read!)

Kell is such a lone wolf. He is so used to protecting everyone, keeping dangerous secrets, and working alone because of the dang
Duchess Nicole
Classic Linda Howard. So glad I finally read this one. It reminds me why I love her so much. She was a pioneer of the gentle alpha/gamma hero and will always be a favorite.
Zeek
One of my favorite re-reads, Diamond Bay has everything I adore. An uber-alpha hero who isn't a jerk, a direct, intelligent heroine who doesn't have to tell us she's smart and strong because she shows it in everything she does and their gut wrenching romantic story.

Rachel is satisfied with the peaceful life she's made in Diamond Bay on the gulf coast of Florida. She spends her days with her boisterous pets, gardening and doing her chores and she makes a good living writing and owning two souveni
Litzy
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, contemporaneo
No me gusto nada, no parece escrito por Linda Howard. Rachel es una mujer sola que se encuentra un hombre herido y lo lleva a su casa. Él hombre se pasa casi todo el libro desnudo. Cuando despierta la mitad del libro parece un animal en celo y un macho alfa... Y ella hace poco mas de 2 semanas que lo conoce a las cual llevaba 1 semana inconsciente, ya quiere un hijo suyo y dice que lo ama desde que lo encontró en la playa....
Según leía me daba urticaria...
KatieV
One of L.H.'s old Silhouette titles. I enjoyed it. It's fairly light, considering some of the manly bad behavior in other early L.H. novels. The hero did not try to ruin the woman's career/hide her child from her/have her arrested/force her to the sell the family home/etc. I love that crap, myself.

Kel Sabin is the mysterious head of the cloak and dagger outfit the hero in book #1 retired from. He's badass and lots of baddies want him dead. Unfortunately some of those baddies are supposed to be o
Crista
Linda Howard's Kell Sabin series remains my favorite of her books to date. Midnight Rainbow is my favorite jungle romance, and Diamond Bay is my favorite "nursed back to health" romance.

Kell Sabin is the stuff that my dreams are made of. He is secretive, smart, and sexy as all get out! He is shot, finds a way to escape, and washes up on shore barely alive. Rachel finds him, nurses him back to health, and keeps him safe. This is the plot in a nutshell, but there is so much more to this book than
Sophie ♥
3.5 stars? I did enjoy this one even though I liked White Lies much better. Digging this series by Linda Howard.
Naksed
The waves would wash him toward the beach. She turned and staggered back toward shore, and two seconds later her hand closed on thick hair. Fiercely she jerked his head above the water, but he was limp, his eyes closed.

"Don't you die on me!" she ordered between clenched teeth, catching him under the shoulders and towing him in.

Kell Sabin washes up on shore off the Florida Coast after an assassination attempt by an international terrorist organization knocks him off his boat and almost kills hi
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.75 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate Pasts: (view spoiler)
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Sometimes it's nice to slip back into an "oldie, but goodie" from Linda Howard. Although more romance than suspense, Diamond Bay delivers the characters and plot that made Linda Howard a household name.

I liked both of the primary characters (Kell and Rachel) and thought LH did a good job developing them and their scenario. One of my favorite aspects of LH is that she develops strong female characters and Rachel was heroine worthy.

The secondary cast was small but decently developed and you get to
Yolanda
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5
me ha encantado. La sencillez de Rachel y la dureza de Kell...
Me ha enamorado Diamond Bay.
La aparición de Grant y Jane, ayyy me encantan.
Katherine 黄爱芬
Kell terluka parah, pingsan dan terdampar di Diamond Bay. Untunglah dia ditolong oleh Rachel, janda yg menyepi di daerah tsb. Setelah siuman, Kell menyadari dia mulai menyukai Rachel dan rasanya tidak adil melibatkan janda muda ini ke lingkup bahaya yg selalu diarunginya. Apalagi Rachel scr terang-terangan mengatakan selalu mencintainya. Dan saat Kell sudah memutuskan utk meninggalkan Rachel, tiba-tiba hal yg tak terduga menimpa mereka.

Novel ini kebanyakan narasi terutama di pertengahan awal bu
Jae
DNF @ 15%

I just can't with the heroine. She found a naked stranger unconscious (with 2 bullet holes in him) on her private beach and decided to tend to his gun shot wound herself and not to call the police. Because by looking at the injuries alone she can tell that the man was a secret agent. And apparently it was better that he went into a coma in her bed than him being offed in a hospital bed by some corrupted cops.

I could not get pass the ridiculousness of her thinking. I am throwing in the
Jacqueline J
Decent story. Reread. This one was okay but not one of my favorites from Linda Howard. Still it was fairly solid. I think mostly I felt that Kell Sabin could have been developed more in depth. It seemed to lack a bit of tension between the two leads. Plus John Rafferty's arrival was a bit of a deus ex machine. Not bad, just not a favorite for me.
Linda
Have this one ready after you read MIDNIGHT RAINBOW. This is Kell Sabin's story. I especially enjoyed that characters from MR were included in the plot.
Paraphrodite
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2017
4 stars.

This is the second book in Linda Howard's vintage Kell Sabin/Rescue series. Despite the really dangerously stupid and unrealistic action the heroine took to rescue the hero, the rest of the book is really good romantic suspense. Jane, the heroine from the first book, makes a memorable cameo.
Julie
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diamond Bay by Linda Howard is a 2016 Avon Impulse publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This book was originally published back in 1987, but has been reissued in e book format.

Linda Howard is one of my very favorite romantic suspense authors. I have been reading her books for years and am so excited to see some of her backlisted titles being released in e book format.

“Diamond Bay” is the second book in the Kel Sabin se
D.G.
**2.5 stars**

Even though I sort of enjoyed Diamond Bay, too many improbably things happened for me to rate it higher.
1. Rachel finds Kell injured in the beach and instead of calling 911, she immediately assumes he's a secret agent. O_0
2. Even though Kell's escape from death was miraculous (he was shot and dumped in the middle of the ocean) the villains assume he's alive (assuming that he was able to swim injured for miles instead of drowning of being eaten by a shark) and then IMMEDIATLY focus o
Kathleen
(Book 2 in the Kell Sabin spy set. Howard's older romantic suspense series)

This was good! My favorite in this series is Midnight Rainbow, but the whole swirls is suspenseful and sexy.
Chitra *CJ*
"Diamond Bay" is the story of Rachel and Kell.
Rachel lives peacefully in solitude at a Florida beach-house since her husband's death with her pet Joe, when a mysterious stranger washes up ashore.
She rescues him with much difficulty, and later with the help of her vet Honey and dog Joe, helps restore his health.
Kell Sabin is enjoying his time off when he is targeted by his enemies, and wakes up injured in a beautiful stranger's house- while his nemesis continues to look for him. Soon extreme pas
Tracy
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars for me. I’m a bit more discerning these days. I enjoyed this but never felt invested. Good read. Rachel and Kell were good and I liked their story. Not sure I loved the ending but it was ok. Kind of abrupt.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3/5; 3 stars; B+

This was an older romantic suspense story by Linda Howard and narrated by Brenda Sweeney. The story didn't have the depth in character that Howard's later books have but it was an entertaining RS nonetheless. Brenda Sweeney did a pretty good job on the the narration. I tried listening to her narration of book 1 in this series, Midnight Rainbow, but had to stop because the main female character sounded like a mentally challenged 10 year old. Very tough to get behind a character li
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Brenda Sweeney's narration is great - content was not as great and gets 4 stars. Too much time spent in the characters' minds to make an outstanding audiobook but Sweeney handles it well. Although this is an old favorite that I'm thrilled to see in audio format, it has a slow start that Howard fans like me will gladly work through. I'm afraid it may be too slow for those new to this 1987 print release.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I liked this one - nice easy romantic suspense. Characters and story are good. I bumped it .5 stars because of Joe (view spoiler). I want to read others in the series.
Maira
Not the Linda Howard I adore but intriguing non-the-less. The resourceful and highly intelligent characters that you have no choice than to admire. Saying that the novel was steady and in no way surprising like many of Linda's suspenseful romances. Linda Howard became one of my favorite writers when I first read Open Season, from then I immediately purchased, Mr. Perfect, Kill and Tell, All the Queen's Men and the list goes on. Her ability to cleverly put together a mystery that has kept me slee ...more
*The Angry Reader*
I really liked it up til about halfway. Then she just got aggravating.

Kell ends up at Rachel's house - injured after someone tries to kill him. She's a strong person who makes some bold decisions to save his life. But once she's into him she turns kinda mushy and whiny.

Short. An easy read. Just not a favorite bc Rachel is clingy.
  • The Soldier and the Baby
  • Blade's Lady
  • Shadow Dance
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Outlaw (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #3, Man of the Month #26)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • When You Call My Name (Hatfield, #2)
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance

Rescues (4 books)
  • Midnight Rainbow (Rescues, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Rescues, #3)
  • White Lies (Rescues, #4)