Start by marking “Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)” as Want to Read:
Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)

Stitches and Witches

(Vampire Knitting Club #2)

Dropping stitches and catching killers

When an older gentleman keels over in his scones and tea at the Elderflower Tea Shop in Oxford—a victim of poison—Lucy Swift and her band of undead amateur detectives are on the case.

Elderflower Tea Shop is next door to Cardinal Woolsey’s, the yarn shop Lucy runs and home to the late-night Vampire Knitting Club. The tea shop owne
Published October 11th 2018 by Ambleside Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stitches and Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitches and Witches

Start your review of Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
"I’d just about got used to living with a nest of vampires, I didn’t think I could take a nest of rats as well. I’m a tolerant woman but I can only go so far. - 44%"

Stitches and Witches is book two in the Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren

This was another fun cozy mystery in the Vampire Knitting Club. I had fun reading this story. Theirs vampires, knitting, murder, and more.

Lucy is easy to like and enjoy. She’s a hard worker and a little bit of a disaster with her knitting and magic. She’s one of those characters that’s easy to44%"
Stitches
Bea
Entertaining if full of coincidences. The proofreader from the first book must have been fired as this had numerous errors: roaming punctuation, missing punctuation, missing words, jumbled up sentences that didn't make sense, etc. I enjoyed the story enough that I'll read the next book.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Lucy Swift inherited her grandmother’s wool shop in Oxford and next to the shop is the comforting there-since-forever Elderflower Tea Shop run by the spinster Watt sisters. When an elderly gentleman drops dead in their shop it’s up to Lucy and her vampire knitting group to unravel the mystery before it tears the sisters apart.

Ok, I really liked book one which is why I used my Kindle Lending Library pick for book 2. I’m gl
Sara
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm gonna read all of these!
Gizzard
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Cozy mystery that didn't take advantage of any of the interesting parts of the world. The mystery and story was mostly external to the main characters.
Sandee
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good mystery in this cozy mystery. Such interesting characters and situations. Lucy is challenged with another murder mystery when it takes place at the Tea Shop next door. The plot is thoughtful and graceful building to the conclusion with humour and drama. Vampires, witches and lots of regular folks. I like them all and am enjoying this series very much.
Isabel
Cozy mysteries, for me, are like comfort food. A little slice of mystery and intrigue that are removed enough from actual reality that they don't depress me with gruesome likenesses to the actual cases I learn about every day, and instead focus on, usually, a witty amateur sleuth happening upon case after case as they go about their usual, non-detective business, like running a bakery or being a librarian or, in this case, being a witch-in-training running a yarn shop while living together with ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 6/6/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Fz8qck

I'm having such a good time with the Vampire Knitting Club series. Aren't these covers amazing? They're so fun, too! Knitting, vampires, murder! Oh my!

The Gist: Poison tea? Who knows! An older gent died in the shop next to Lucy's store and someone had a hand in it. But who?!

Lucy's easy to like, hard working, a little bit of a disaster but an endearing one. She's one of those characters that's just easy and you like spending time with. And the va
Judy
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches by Nancy Warren
The Vampire Knitting Club Series Book Two
The peaceful street in Oxford where Cardinal Woolsey's, a knitting shop, resides hasn't been quite the same since Lucy Swift arrived on the scene. First, her grandma is nowhere to be found when Lucy arrives. Finds out her grandma had been murdered. And more mayhem starts happening. That was the start of it in book one, The Vampire Knitting Club.

Now, as Lucy is having tea with Rafe—who is tall, da
Krystyna
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cup of tea or murder?

Another terrific read with a nice twist although I must admit that i had my suspicions from the start. The characters are evolving and blossoming into wonderful friends that you would happily let into your life.
When afternoon tea ends up with a death of the arrogant, obnoxious man everyone comes under suspicion. The tea shop is closed whilst the case is being looked into and the two sisters are now at odds. The younger one has rekindled her romance with a beau from
Jackie's Bookbytes
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
Stitches and Witches surround the Watts sisters who own the Elderflower tea shop next to Cardinal Woolseys. Mary Watts has strong suspicions of her sister's boyfriend, Gerald Pettigrew, and Florence suspects Mary of killing him.
There are more connections to a person if you want to catch a killer than is initially thought. With a little bit of magic and help from her vampire club, Lucy can solve the case and figure out who done it.
Denae
Amusing, but not good.
Jess
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a great fun series. I love the vampires and all of the human characters as well.
Louise
The second book in The Vampire Knitting Club mystery series is just as good as the first!

I think I mentioned in my review for the first book that I really enjoyed the cast of supporting characters and that’s my favourites were the elderly spinster sisters who live and work in the tearoom next door to the knitting shop. The Miss Watts’ were really interesting and I wanted to see more of them.

This book delivered because it’s kind of all about them!

I really enjoy
Kat Lebo
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches, Vampire Knitting Club, Book #2
by Nancy Warren

This is the second book in this series, and so far the series has been a delight to read. Warren has a very easy to read style of writing that sometimes seems like you (the reader) are sitting in the Oxford tea shop, sipping tea in china cups while eating a delicious scone.

There is plenty of action for our off-beat crew of vampire knitters in this novel. When the old flame of one of the Watts women, who own and
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I imagine we all have enemies. It's a question of knowing how far they will go."

In this, the second of the Vampire Knitting Club series, we get to learn the backgrounds of a number of the ongoing characters like Rafe, and Sylvia, and the Watts sisters who run the Elderflower Tea Shoppe next door.

When Miss Florence’s beau from long ago comes calling at the Tea Shoppe, Miss Mary is flabbergasted when they seem to pick up right where they left off. When Florence and Gerald come in to
Maus
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was such a fun, mysterious, heartwarming, entertaining read! I loved it! I love the characters, the setting, everything about this book. I became familiar with some of them in Book One of this series, the Vampire Knitting Club, which I also highly recommend. The characters are so endearing! I loved everything about this book! It is so well written, that even if you have not read the first in the series you will not be lost. I love that about the books in this s ...more
Sarah Crawford
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really neat book. A young woman (Lucy) ends up inheriting her grandmother's knitting shop. Problems? For one, she can't knit. Not at all. She says that what she knits ends up looking like 'something from the hedgehog family.'

Next problem: Her grandmother still exists, but as a vampire. In fact, there's a whole group of vampires underneath her shop. Do the plan to feast on humans? Nope. They plan to meet together a couple of times a week for a good hearty session of knitting
d.mcnicholas
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Murder in the Tearoom!

Another knotty knitting tale to untangle.
Lucy is slowly settling in to her new role as owner of the beloved Cardinal Woolsey knitting shop. She is having a hard time getting to grips with her witchy magic and is struggling to be on friendly terms with her new, snobby assistant. She does still have her newly born creature of the night, Gran to turn to for advise so all's not lost. The status quo doesn't last long when someone drops dead while Lucy is enjoying afternoon tea
Sue
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Lucy Swift is trying to move on with her life and quietly run her grandma’s knitting shop, but quiet is the last thing she gets. It is not easy discovering that your grandma has been turned into a vampire and she herself is a witch. While enjoying a cup of tea at the Elderflower Tea Shop, a man drops dead from poisoned tea and fingers start being pointed including at the two octogenarian spinsters who run the tea shop.

Speaking of the old spinsters, a man from their past comes back in
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

Ha! These books are funtastic! I am loving this series. I love that Nancy has chosen to keep it clean... but please! Can Lucy just get something on with one of them??? Its killing me! I don't even care which one - I love them both! If you are a fan of the TV series Heaven - its like the difference between Nathan and Duke. Personally I was a Duke girl but my daughter was totally Nathan LOL she's such a goody goody.

Love the characters, love the Knitting shop (reme
Disney14604
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book two is this series is just as good as book one. This book can be read all by itself or first and still follow story line easily. You will not go wrong with this series especially if you like cozy mysteries.

This story stumped me. I had figured some else as my suspect. It took till the end until of the book to figure it out. Even though now that I am finished, I can see the clues that could lead you there.

This story was more focused on the solving and little of the ma
Dharia Scarab
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find another book by the author for
Paula
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches by Nancy Warren is the second book in such a fun to read paranormal cozy mystery series. I enjoy younger Lucy’s interactions with the older generation as much as I do the understated romance within the story.

Lucy is a marvelous character that has her own mishaps aside from the murder mystery within the story. She has a realness about her that makes her seem as if she is a friend and not just a character in a book.

I have found this to be a wonderful series of ama
Jo-Ann Carson
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Stitches and Witches, Warren crafts a tightly knitted cozy mystery within a fantastical world of vampires, witches, and wool. Her finely defined characters are so unique and likable they drew me into their world. I want to know more about them.
The murder, set in a tea room, was so brilliantly written I didn't see it coming. Intrigued by all the subplot action in the room, the murder came as a complete surprise. Loved it!
As Lucy unravels the whodunit, the mystery deepens in delicio
Lisa
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches is the wonderful second book in this delightful and unique series but it can also be read as a great stand-alone. Vampires, knitting, magic and murder are all the ingredients this book needs. The characters are great, well rounded and engaging and the story flows from start to end. I would be Cardinal Woolsley's best customer.. or the next assistant! I cannot recommend this book highly enough .. fans of cosy romances will love this book.
I received an advanced copy of t
FairyG
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cozy and fun

It was a cute, fun read. I love Lucy and her life as knitting shop owner slash witch slash vampire friend. The series is written with a dash of that dry humour I love. Like ' insomniac vampires' wandering around in the middle of the day coz they can't sleep. This book was all about the elderly sisters next door and is a classic whodunnit, just, you know, with vampires... I didn't even guess the ending which makes it more enjoyable for me. Looking forward to the next books, I re
Jo Anne
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
After discovering The Vampire Knitting Club last year, I was delighted to learn that there are 4 books in this series, and I raced through #2 in a day, Lucy and the vampires living under the knitting store at back at it, trying to discover who murdered the old man in the tea shop next door.
Lucy and Rafe get a little closer and there still isn't much attention from the handsome detective. Lucy's magic gets a bit better but her knitting skills still stink. On to book #3!
leslie r orr
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Witches, vampires and little cozy English shops in Oxford very English. This series is fun, flows well, some fun twists and turns.
This is not a Agatha Christie but a quick weekend read. Who knew that vampires could use sharp wood things to start a cottage
Industry and help a American learn to knit. The author has fun with many stereotypes and leads the reader on a twisty ride; a
Fresh and well written ride. The mystery is satisfying and well crafted.👵👍
Catherine Stratman
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book!

Murder in a tea shop run by two little old ladies, oh my! A waitress that couldn't waitress, a cook that was an actor, a decidedly unpleasant victim, a band of sleuthing vampires that knit and a witch that owns a knit shop but can't knit! It really doesn't get much better. This is such a fun series! A mystery or two and a little romance.

I received an ARC. This is my honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Spells & Shelves (Library Witch Mystery #1)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
  • Fury Godmother (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Three Alarm Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Witches & Words (Library Witch Mystery #4)
  • Grace Under Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Sorcery & Stories (Library Witch Mystery #3)
  • Haunted And Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
  • Bad Magic and the Big Top (Blackwood Bay Witches #2)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
  • The Dirty Coven (Hannah Hickok Witchy Mystery, #1)
  • Bedtime Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Freaky Deaky Tiki (A Moonstone Bay Mystery #3)
  • Bad to the Crone (A Spell's Angels Mystery, #1)
  • Phantoms in High Fidelity (Blackwood Bay Witches #3)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri

Vampire Knitting Club (9 books)
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Crochet and Cauldrons (Vampire Knitting Club #3)
  • Stockings and Spells (Vampire Knitting Club #4)
  • Purls and Potions (Vampire Knitting Club #5)
  • Fair Isle and Fortunes (Vampire Knitting Club #6)
  • Lace and Lies (Vampire Knitting Club #7)
  • Bobbles and Broomsticks (Vampire Knitting Club #8)
  • Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)