Start by marking “Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)” as Want to Read:
Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)

Stitches and Witches

(Vampire Knitting Club #2)

Dropping stitches and catching killers.

When an older gentleman keels over in his scones and tea at the Elderflower Tea Shop in Oxford—a victim of poison—Lucy Swift and her band of undead amateur detectives are on the case.

Elderflower Tea Shop is next door to Cardinal Woolsey’s, the yarn shop Lucy runs and home to the late-night Vampire Knitting Club. The tea shop owners ar
Published October 11th 2018 by Ambleside Publishing (first published October 10th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Stitches and Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitches and Witches

Start your review of Stitches and Witches (Vampire Knitting Club #2)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) by: Anna's Herding Cats
"I’d just about got used to living with a nest of vampires, I didn’t think I could take a nest of rats as well. I’m a tolerant woman but I can only go so far. - 44%"

Stitches and Witches is book two in the Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren

This was another fun cozy mystery in the Vampire Knitting Club. I had fun reading this story. Theirs vampires, knitting, murder, and more.

Lucy is easy to like and enjoy. She’s a hard worker and a little bit of a disaster with her knitting and magic. She’s o
Amber J
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.

After an older man shows up on Lucy's shop asking about one of the sisters that run the teashop across the street. Her curiosity gets the best of her and Lucy takes Rafe over for tea so she can spy on what she hopes to be a budding romance. But when a poisoning happens to one of the other customers in the te

Bea
Entertaining if full of coincidences. The proofreader from the first book must have been fired as this had numerous errors: roaming punctuation, missing punctuation, missing words, jumbled up sentences that didn't make sense, etc. I enjoyed the story enough that I'll read the next book.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

Book source ~ Kindle Lending Library

Lucy Swift inherited her grandmother’s wool shop in Oxford and next to the shop is the comforting there-since-forever Elderflower Tea Shop run by the spinster Watt sisters. When an elderly gentleman drops dead in their shop it’s up to Lucy and her vampire knitting group to unravel the mystery before it tears the sisters apart.

Ok, I really liked book one which is why I used my Kindle Lending Library pick for book 2. I’m glad I did! This cozy paranormal myste
Micky Cox
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
When an older gentleman who was not so nice drops dead in the tea shop next door, Lucy goes into detective mode to protect the elderly ladies who own the shop if only from each other! An intriguing "who done it" to keep you entertained for hours. The audiobook is exceptionally well done as the narrator really brings the characters to life, although that is quite easy to do with well developed and interesting characters being written for us. The plot was quite well done and even though it's a coz ...more
Lola
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While book 1 didn't fully hook me, when I saw that book 2 was available in audiobook I decided to give the series another try. I am happy to say I enjoyed book 2 a lot more than book 1. Not sure whether it's because of the audio version or because this book has less introduction than book 1, but I had a great time listening to this book.

Stitches and Witches is the second book in the Vampire Knitting Club Series. When Lucy is over next door in the tea shop to see how the developing romance goes b
Sara
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm gonna read all of these!
Rachel
Nov 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2020
*3.5 stars*

Fun, cozy and delightful yet again! Great audiobook palette cleansers that I thoroughly enjoy.
Gizzard
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Cozy mystery that didn't take advantage of any of the interesting parts of the world. The mystery and story was mostly external to the main characters.
Sandee
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good mystery in this cozy mystery. Such interesting characters and situations. Lucy is challenged with another murder mystery when it takes place at the Tea Shop next door. The plot is thoughtful and graceful building to the conclusion with humour and drama. Vampires, witches and lots of regular folks. I like them all and am enjoying this series very much.
Leeanne
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book even more than the first. It was more fun, the characters were all settled into their lives and daily routines, and I’m more familiar with them all. I could appreciate the growth of each of them from the last book.

We learn more about Lucy’s next door neighbours in the Elderflower Tea Shop, the Misses Watts’. An old beau of Florence Watts comes back, delighting Florence and deeply upsetting Mary, for good reason. This man caused problems for the two sisters many years before,
Isa
Cozy mysteries, for me, are like comfort food. A little slice of mystery and intrigue that are removed enough from actual reality that they don't depress me with gruesome likenesses to the actual cases I learn about every day, and instead focus on, usually, a witty amateur sleuth happening upon case after case as they go about their usual, non-detective business, like running a bakery or being a librarian or, in this case, being a witch-in-training running a yarn shop while living together with ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 6/6/19)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Fz8qck

I'm having such a good time with the Vampire Knitting Club series. Aren't these covers amazing? They're so fun, too! Knitting, vampires, murder! Oh my!

The Gist: Poison tea? Who knows! An older gent died in the shop next to Lucy's store and someone had a hand in it. But who?!

Lucy's easy to like, hard working, a little bit of a disaster but an endearing one. She's one of those characters that's just e
Judy
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches by Nancy Warren
The Vampire Knitting Club Series Book Two
The peaceful street in Oxford where Cardinal Woolsey's, a knitting shop, resides hasn't been quite the same since Lucy Swift arrived on the scene. First, her grandma is nowhere to be found when Lucy arrives. Finds out her grandma had been murdered. And more mayhem starts happening. That was the start of it in book one, The Vampire Knitting Club.

Now, as Lucy is having tea with Rafe—who is tall, dark, handsome, and undead
Krystyna
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cup of tea or murder?

Another terrific read with a nice twist although I must admit that i had my suspicions from the start. The characters are evolving and blossoming into wonderful friends that you would happily let into your life.
When afternoon tea ends up with a death of the arrogant, obnoxious man everyone comes under suspicion. The tea shop is closed whilst the case is being looked into and the two sisters are now at odds. The younger one has rekindled her romance with a beau from her you
Dallass
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
A little slow

While I thoroughly enjoyed the first book, I was a tad disappointed with this one. Not because of the characters, but because the story was just not holding my attention at the start of the book. It was a slow burn but without any tasty morsels to keep my attention. It wasn’t until the victim dropped dead that things picked up and the faster pace, and more engaging scenes, kept me interested in finding out who the perpetrator was.

May continue on with the series, but it’s been pushed
Jackie's Bookbytes
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
Stitches and Witches surround the Watts sisters who own the Elderflower tea shop next to Cardinal Woolseys. Mary Watts has strong suspicions of her sister's boyfriend, Gerald Pettigrew, and Florence suspects Mary of killing him.
There are more connections to a person if you want to catch a killer than is initially thought. With a little bit of magic and help from her vampire club, Lucy can solve the case and figure out who done it.
Denae
Amusing, but not good.
Aimee
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really wholesome and enjoyable read ☺
I reccomend it to anyone wanted something quick and entertaining this fall season
Jess
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a great fun series. I love the vampires and all of the human characters as well.
Elisa
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery I’m really enjoying this series.
Louise
The second book in The Vampire Knitting Club mystery series is just as good as the first!

I think I mentioned in my review for the first book that I really enjoyed the cast of supporting characters and that’s my favourites were the elderly spinster sisters who live and work in the tearoom next door to the knitting shop. The Miss Watts’ were really interesting and I wanted to see more of them.

This book delivered because it’s kind of all about them!

I really enjoyed seeing a sibling relationship tha
Theresa Derwin
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches.

In the second Vampire Knitting Club book, Lucy Swift, is now the owner of a knitting shop passed down to her by her grandmother, or ‘grampire’, who lives in the basement with a bunch of vampires, having been turned to save her life.
After some doubts, Lucy who knits like she’s fighting a Tasmanian Devil, and goes through assistants like bars of chocolate, is settling in, and has accepted her place as owner of knitting shop Cardinal Woolseys and a witch-in-training.
She also ha
Kat Lebo
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stitches and Witches, Vampire Knitting Club, Book #2
by Nancy Warren

This is the second book in this series, and so far the series has been a delight to read. Warren has a very easy to read style of writing that sometimes seems like you (the reader) are sitting in the Oxford tea shop, sipping tea in china cups while eating a delicious scone.

There is plenty of action for our off-beat crew of vampire knitters in this novel. When the old flame of one of the Watts women, who own and run the Elderberr
JennyR
Book/Author: Stitches and Witches, Nancy Warren
Pages: 221
Rating: 4.0
Review: Though her knitting is still a tangled mess, Lucy Swift embraces her new life in Oxford by running her recently deceased (turned vampire) grandmother's yarn shop and slowly exploring her witchy heritage. When Lucy witnesses the poisoning death of an older gentleman during a visit to Elderflower Tea Shop next door, she and her Vampire Knitting Club are involved in another murder investigation.

The tea shop owners are a pai
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I imagine we all have enemies. It's a question of knowing how far they will go."

In this, the second of the Vampire Knitting Club series, we get to learn the backgrounds of a number of the ongoing characters like Rafe, and Sylvia, and the Watts sisters who run the Elderflower Tea Shoppe next door.

When Miss Florence’s beau from long ago comes calling at the Tea Shoppe, Miss Mary is flabbergasted when they seem to pick up right where they left off. When Florence and Gerald come in to be “customer
Maus
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was such a fun, mysterious, heartwarming, entertaining read! I loved it! I love the characters, the setting, everything about this book. I became familiar with some of them in Book One of this series, the Vampire Knitting Club, which I also highly recommend. The characters are so endearing! I loved everything about this book! It is so well written, that even if you have not read the first in the series you will not be lost. I love that about the books in this s ...more
Dolorianne
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable investigation by the Vampire Knitting Club. I'm glad to see Lucy's mobility around town in combination with the resources of her vampire cohorts. It's not just Lucy doing the sleuthing. She may be the one who has put it all together in the end, but solving the mystery is more of a group effort than I've seen in other cozy mysteries.

In terms of the specific mystery in this book, I enjoyed the chaos. Her poor friends had a string of bad luck in their tea shop, but was nothing co
Sarah Crawford
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really neat book. A young woman (Lucy) ends up inheriting her grandmother's knitting shop. Problems? For one, she can't knit. Not at all. She says that what she knits ends up looking like 'something from the hedgehog family.'

Next problem: Her grandmother still exists, but as a vampire. In fact, there's a whole group of vampires underneath her shop. Do the plan to feast on humans? Nope. They plan to meet together a couple of times a week for a good hearty session of knitting.

Next proble
d.mcnicholas
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Murder in the Tearoom!

Another knotty knitting tale to untangle.
Lucy is slowly settling in to her new role as owner of the beloved Cardinal Woolsey knitting shop. She is having a hard time getting to grips with her witchy magic and is struggling to be on friendly terms with her new, snobby assistant. She does still have her newly born creature of the night, Gran to turn to for advise so all's not lost. The status quo doesn't last long when someone drops dead while Lucy is enjoying afternoon tea
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Spells & Shelves (Library Witch Mystery #1)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #3)
  • Grace Under Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #4)
  • Charms & Chapters (Library Witch Mystery #2)
  • The Ghastly Ghost of Hillbilly Hollow (Ozark Ghost Hunter #2)
  • Deadhead and Buried (English Cottage Garden Mysteries #1)
  • The Squeaky Ghost Gets the Curse (A Hex on Me Cozy Paranormal Mystery Book 3)
  • Horribly Haunted in Hillbilly Hollow (Ozark Ghost Hunter #1)
  • The Ghost Who Ate Grits (Southern Ghost Wranglers #3)
  • Fury Godmother (Federal Bureau of Magic #2)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #1)
  • Ghostly Fears (A Harper Harlow Mystery, #13)
  • Flip the Witch Switch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #14)
  • A New Witch In Town (Merryweather Mysteries, #1)
  • Wicked Decisions (An Ivy Morgan Mystery Book 15)
  • Beyond the Seer (A Magic Island Paranormal Cozy Mystery #4)
  • Then There Were Nun (Nun of Your Business Mysteries, #1)
  • Bedtime Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #5)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than seventy novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times, being the answer to a crossword puzzle clue in Canada’s National Post newspaper and being a finalis

Vampire Knitting Club (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Crochet and Cauldrons (Vampire Knitting Club #3)
  • Stockings and Spells (Vampire Knitting Club #4)
  • Purls and Potions (Vampire Knitting Club #5)
  • Fair Isle and Fortunes (Vampire Knitting Club #6)
  • Lace and Lies (Vampire Knitting Club #7)
  • Bobbles and Broomsticks (Vampire Knitting Club #8)
  • Popcorn and Poltergeists (Vampire Knitting Club #9)
  • Garters and Gargoyles (Vampire Knitting Club #10)
  • Diamonds and Daggers (Vampire Knitting Club, #11)

News & Interviews

“This is such a cozy shop, it makes me want to take up knitting.” “You should. It’s a very relaxing hobby.” I don’t know how I kept a straight face, saying things like that. Knitting was a diabolical exercise in frustration.” 0 likes