Start by marking “Now You See Her” as Want to Read:
Now You See Her

Now You See Her

With the scintillating sensuality and high-voltage thrills that distinguish all of her blockbusters of romantic suspense, Linda Howard grips the imagination and touches the heart as only she can, in her sixth dazzling New York Times bestseller.

A talented painter in her early thirties, Paris Sweeney has achieved enviable success: her work sells at an exclusive New York Ci

Published July 1st 2003 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Now You See Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now You See Her

♡Karlyn P♡

4* 'Fifty Shades Didn't Write it First' Stars
ME: "Hey, this is just like Fifty-Shades of Grey!!"

YOU: "Noooo, seriously?!!"

ME: "Yes, really!!"
I know, I know… It seems as if EVERY book these days is being compared to the Fifty phenomenon. But to me, Fifty is just recycled material and this book is yet more proof. Romance authors have been writing about super sexy, powerful, rich billionaires with an obsessive streak for a ‘mousy’ heroine for YEARS! Tortured heroes? Also been done, done, and do
Diane Wallace
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great read! a very dramatic storyline that had little romance and mystery...well written(paperback!)
Ingie
Written March 23, 2015

3 1/2 Stars - Sweet Smexy Simple Suspense

Well, it was entertaing and I'm not complaining; this is a sweet thrilling romance with a good crime plot. Not an amazing great novel from Linda Howard but undoubtedly good enough.

***********************************************************

Manhattan, New York City, U.S.

Paris Sweeney, or just Sweeney as she prefers, is a talented painter in her early thirties. Sweeney like to love alone, and don't want any relationship, her artwork i
Mo
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This one is coming in at between 3 and 4 stars. There was something missing and I don’t know what.

”Honey, you don’t have any idea how I look when I’m satisfied.”

Sweeney is independent, dresses how she likes, doesn’t care about class or status. She thinks she is immune to men – until suddenly she realizes that she is not. Especially where Richard Worth is concerned.

Touch of the paranormal.

He bent his head and kissed her sulky mouth

Sex scenese were few and far between.

He had a sneaking idea s
Jo

Classic Linda Howard! I love this book.

Paris Sweeney who prefers to go by Sweeney is a talented painter, who is pretty content with her life in New York. Although things has been a little weird in the last year, with her dreams becoming so vivid and colourful it seems real and her sudden attraction to Richard Worth is also completely out of character for her.

And when it turns out the murder scenes she’s suddenly started painting in her sleep are real, Sweeney’s life is changed forever. The o

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
 photo 11575720_zpsb424590b.jpg

Re-reading Dec 15th, 2014 (Audio Book)
In the mood for some Linda Howard, thought I'd revisit an old favorite....it's a oldie but definitely a goodie.

I love both the H&h in this book and Richard is probably one of my fave LH hero's. Paris Sweeny is a clairvoyant artist and Richard is a wealthy businessman who's estranged socialite wife owns the art gallery where Sweeny displays her work.

Richard and Sweeny are wildly attracted to one another after a chance encounter they start spending ti
Rachel
Surprise surprise! Loved it!

Overall rating: 4.5 "Sweetie" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Lover triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Ann Lou
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I've been on a romantic suspense binge the last couple of weeks. As for this one, the suspense didn't satisfy my quench for blood (haha). I mean, it was only two chapters? But there was a battle for divorce, sleep painting, seeing ghosts, blackmail. I love how the H took good care of her especially the hypothermia episodes. I expected more but I still enjoyed it. :)
Linda
I believe Linda Howard is one of those authors that is successful because of her heroes. The romance and suspense could be good but to me, what 'sells' her stories, are the male characters. You are going to love them or you are not. Alpha-dripping, domineering protective/obsessive, possible cave-man attitude men who love the heroine and are not afraid to show it. And if you can love the hero, you will accept the heroine.

Paris 'Sweeney', among other things, started seeing ghosts a year ago. (view
KatieV
This was an enjoyable romantic suspense by LH. Although this was written in the late 90s and the hero is hot and highly masculine, he never has a giant ass moment (or a dozen) in the grand tradition of some of her early heroes. I'll be honest and admit I enjoy some of her old school asshat heroes in the vein of After the Night, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment.

There were paranormal elements, although I wouldn't call it pnr in the traditional sense. Everyone is human, but the heroine has
Lady Heather
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, paranormal romance, suspense-thriller
Love it!!!
Richard is AMAZING!... *sigh*
..and Sweeney has got style, a no-nonsense attitude, honesty, and integrity. Absolutely adored her character.
boogenhagen
I loved this book, after reading some of LH's old category, this book was an awesome blast of how great a writer LH can really be. Well worth the time spent and one I have reread regularly for years. It is totally a keeper kinda book.
Ian
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Linda Howard always strikes me as an author with potential. I've read maybe 7 or 8 of her books and I've quite liked them all, but in each case couldn't help thinking 'this would be better if....'.

There have only been two of her books which I have no reservations about. Veil of Night and this one. This book centers around Paris, an artist who has strange psychic abilities. When she approaches a red light, it turns green. Her potted plants thrive regardless of how she treats them. She knows the
AvidReader
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I nearly DNFed when I read the hero was married, in the beginning of the book. It made me uneasy to read but after seeing the other fantastic reviews and not even a peep about infidelity I decided to give it a chance. Man..I’m so glad I did.
Sweeney is a gifted artist who suddenly started seeing spirits. If that wasn’t freaky enough she also have affinity towards plants and traffic signals goes green for her! Like always...! She was funny, honest and a little weird.
Richard was certainly an alpha,
Melanie♥
Still a favorite!
Kathleen
Paranormal edge. Sexy, tense, and scary. Absorbing read! Sometimes witty, too. Richard and Sweetie make a great pair. Opposites attract. Great narration, too. I've read this book and also listened to it.
Janja
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

Unusual heroine, mysterious, tense and good story. Worth every minute!
Pamela(AllHoney)
A good read by Ms Howard. Paris Sweeney is an artist, haunted by her dreams. Richard is the gallery owner and husband of the woman, Chandra, who runs the gallery and shows Paris' works. He feels an attraction for the quirky artist right away but until his upcoming divorce is final, he must bide his time. Meanwhile, brutal murders are taking shape on Paris' canvases. Fast-paced and suspenseful.
Gogol
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of Linda Howard's best works.
Has
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Note: Originally posted at - www.Bookloversinc.com

Now You See Her is one of my all time favourite books, and it is one of those books I revist again and again, especially at times I need to get out of a book funk or to comfort myself when I need a pick-me-up. I am a huge huge fan of Linda Howard’s, but there is something really magical about this book especially where it stands out among her backlist, and most recently I reread it again for the 5837327 time, and I decided to write an Oldie but a
Amanda S.
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think this is the Linda book I read that has a Hero with normal job instead of police officer or detective. It's pretty refreshing, even though I kinda miss the authority vibe.

Sweeney's able to see ghosts. But with her ability, comes the side effect; she felt bone-chilling cold all the time. Especially when she's in trance and starts painting unconsciously. But everything slowly get better when Richard enters the picture. Sweeney's been crushing on Richard since forever and now, apparently Ri
Kath
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
While I usually enjoy Linda Howards works, this one had enough things that bothered me to rate it as a 2. There were parts that were interesting, but more parts bugged me than anything. First of all, the storyline of Sweeny and her gift showed some promise and was some what interesting, but was never resolved at the end. Why was it happening, how was it linked, what really was it.

Secondly, her love interest, Richard. A man whom earned his wealth on his own and whom is recently going through a di
Mara
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Just one question: Where's the story? (Or the romance or any depth...)
Chitra *CJ*
“Now You See Her” is a fantastic thriller by Linda Howard, and the story of Sweeney and Richard.
Sweeney’s life changed when a month ago she started seeing ghosts and her artistic endeavors started evolving. Moving to NY for change of scene, she soon is plagued by somnambulence and nightmares.. and realizes she’s painting murders.
Enthralling , fast past thriller mixed with intriguing characters, a smoking hot couple, murder mystery (which can be predicted if you pay attention), haunting scenes an
Sumeetha Manikandan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Started off well and ended ok. A few loose ends were not tied properly though.
P. Kirby
Goodreads asks, "Are you sure you want to mark this book as read?" and I respond, "Oh, sweet Jesus, yes, finally."

Now You See Her bears a strikingly similarity to Twilight. Not because there is a disco ball sparkly vampire anywhere in sight, but instead, because, like Twilight, the voice is engaging, that of a natural story teller, and it kept me reading long after I'd lost any interest in the characters.

Also, like Twilight, it features a "Rich, powerful male sweeps into the heroine's life, savi
Ari
Reading a Linda Howard novel is so good, that even when the story is “ehhh,” it’s still pretty damn great. She’s like Nora Roberts for me: comfort reads—cozy and delicious and they end up far too fast.

That being sad, I was not feeling the magic in this book the same way that I have in the past. For me, it’s one of her weaker ones, which is a shame, because the plot of so intriguing and has so much potential. But the characters, ironically, ruined it.

Sweeny is, sadly, one of the most annoying fem
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012-Personal Category: This book has been on my to-read list since Dec 10, 2010.

A-/B+
This book has been on my to-read list for over a year, but I never got around to getting a print copy. When it was available for a good price as an audiobook on audible, I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I listened to the audiobook instead of reading the book. While I would have liked the book in print, I can't help but think the narrator increased my enjoyment quite a bit. Narrator Laura Le
Jane Stewart
4 stars. I liked the audiobook better than the physical book.

I read this several years ago and felt it was pretty good, but it was easy to put down when I needed to do other things. I didn’t feel as emotionally invested as I did with other books by this author. But I recently listened to the audiobook and felt very different. It was very enjoyable. So I upped my rating from 4 stars to 4 .

It is about an artist who paints psychic visions and a businessman in process of getting a divorce. They fal
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Shadows At Sunset
  • Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)
  • Woman On The Run
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • After Caroline
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
“Sweeney: I can just see all you tough young soldiers cuddling together.
Richard: Not cuddling, huddling. There's a difference.”
34 likes
“She had always enjoyed her sense of being alone, envisioning herself as a ball that rolled through life, bumping into other lives but not stopping.” 9 likes