Start by marking “Romancing the Undercover Millionaire (Romancing the..., #3)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Undercover Millionaire (Romancing the..., #3)

Romancing the Undercover Millionaire

(Romancing the... #3)

Can poverty and privilege find a loving compromise?

Alexandre Bonfils, a rich and spoiled second son, is tired of being ignored and decides to help when the family’s exclusive wine business is in trouble. Going undercover in the warehouse, he loves the adventure—and the chance to be close to the sassy and sexy manager, Tate Somerton.

Tate is hardworking and financially
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #71, 254 pages
Published December 4th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Undercover Millionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the Undercover Millionaire

Start your review of Romancing the Undercover Millionaire (Romancing the..., #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book was a bit disappointing. Book 2 was adorbs, and I was sure this one would be too. And it was. Mostly.

It was also convoluted with a slapstick mystery thrown in for good measure. I'm no Nancy Drew, but I spotted the villain immediately. It was very, VERY obvious.

The romance was slightly lackluster too. I liked Tate's family, maybe more than I liked Tate himself. He was of a bit of a stick in the mud.

Alex was kind and really tried. I liked the way he sort of adopted Tate's family.

I was
Susan
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: hurt-comfort, mm, gbr, arc
For the first half I was sure this would be a 4 star read. Then halfway I thought maybe 3.5, but then it went downhill even more and I ended up with 3 stars. I hate it when that happens.

Alexandre Bonfils is the second son of a wealthy businessman. Alex doesn’t really have to do anything, but he is still employed by his father, and Alex was sure that would be enough. But when his father tells him he’s had enough of his playboy ways and that he can no longer work for the company, Alex is
Cadiva
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know some of my friends weren't as keen on this one but I really enjoyed it. I haven't read the other two in the series so perhaps that's why, as I had nothing to compare against.

But I thought this was a super sweet undercover boss type romance between two people who were perfect for each other. Alex started off as a bit of spoiled directionless brat but I came to absolutely love him.

Once Alex was involved with the Somerton family, he turned into a completely different person, one who'd found
Christelle
If you’re looking for a light romance , this is a cute story between two guys who have nothing in common. Alex, a spoiled son of the wealthy owner of a wine business family, goes working undercover to the wine warehouse managed by Tate to discover the truth behind some weird troubles happening down there, but he’s fast into solving a biggest mystery : who’s Tate beyond a loyal worker and the caring provider of his family, how to seduce him and maybe, maybe discover true love.

The first half of
Ali
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Audiobook Review:

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

I continue to get these stories hoping that I will enjoy them more but continue to feel like they aren’t living up to my hopes, they aren’t bad but I’m not sure they are for me. Alex is basically a spoiled play boy, with depths that no one knows, but is suddenly foisted from his lavish position with the company. Tate works hard to keep control of his life and make sure that his employees are taken care
Joyfully Jay
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

I liked both Tate and Alex. They are fun together, and Alex is a laugh and a half—he’s so incompetent, and Tate’s always struck by his odd, refined dialect. The way Alex is so blissfully inept at daily life is charming, especially as he has other talents that make him a resource, instead of a curiosity, with Tate’s family. I loved how deeply Alex fell for Tate, and his family, and how Tate was so mortified upon learning who is mysterious houseguest was, but how he
Serena Yates
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2018
A millionaire going undercover is a pretty unusual idea – but in the scenario that Clare London has come up with, it works. Alex is the second son who was never really involved in the family-owned wine business until he decides it is time he do his part, talks to HR to find out what position he might qualify for, and comes up with a plan to help figure out who is sabotaging one of their warehouses. What follows is an adventure on many levels as Alex faces the first real challenge of his life ...more
Sara
5 Hearts

I loved this! Another great read in both the Dreamspun and the authors series of Romancing The.... Tate and Alex were such a joy to read!

Review on the blog and then here.

Anke
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this when I went to the hairdresser and the huge Outlander book wasn't going with me:)
Next time was today at the doctors, but I think now I'll stick to it.

And yes, I did.

I liked it very much, kept me entertained from first to last page. I especially liked the way this 'undercover business' was cleared, without too much drama. The whole family situation was totally adorable.
Lillian Francis
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The books are witty and clever. And for all that this line is about playing to the romance tropes, Clare London always manages to twist the tropes or turn them on their head, never doing the expected.

Full review to follow.
Wax
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-have, mm
This is a story with one of my favorite tropes...the fish out of water MC. I love how Alex develops and matures throughout the story.
Ed Davis
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read. A sweet book.
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Kat

A fast, quick, amusing story.

Alexandre Bonfils is the son and heir to his family’s fortune. They have been in the wine business for multiple generations and a leader in the English Wine industry. But Alex can’t be bothered with all that boring stuff. Life is just too much fun to be stuck behind a desk like his Papa and brother. That all comes crashing down when he is summoned to his father’s office and basically fired from the company. Now what is he going to do. Wine has always
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a cute traditional romance with a tiny bit of action. At the start of the story, Alex is a spoiled toff while working class Tate works tirelessly to care for his family and succeed at his job. Sparks fly when they meet and the men are soon working together to find the person sabotaging Alex’ family business.

The storyline in this book is entirely predictable and the book relies on quite tired romance tropes.
Ivy
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, mm, sweet, romance-mm, arc

Alexandre Bonfils is one of the heirs of Bonfils Bibendum, a prestige Wine family business. Alex isn’t as imbedded in the family business as his older brother, Henry, and his father, Charles, and both had decided to fire him (kind of) until Alex finds his own path. When Alex hears there’s some problem in one of the warehouses, he has the crazy idea to go undercover there and investigate the sabotaging.

Tate Somerton is the manager of the warehouse. He
Katherine
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
An amusing take on the mixing of classes and finding love in unexpected places.

Alex is wealthy, privileged, and completely unmotivated in life. His father and brother have their places set in the Bonfils company but Alex never applies himself and never finds a place where he fits, instead choosing to flirt and drink and party. When his father fires him Alex realizes that while he has money he has no place with his family and sets out to help the company in a totally ridiculous way. He decides to
Jenny Wood
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Mmmkay, so I didn’t read the first two in this series, so I’m not sure if it took anything way from the story, but I don’t feel like it did. I’m not usually one to read “millionaire” books, cuz they all seem so pompous and holier than thou, and that just gets on my nerves….
While Alex doesn’t seem to have much ambition at first, or really take things like his job seriously… he didn’t have the jerky quality that most entitled people have LOL, I was glad for that.
So, if you read any of my reviews,
Carra
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve really enjoyed this author’s previous Romancing books, so when I heard she had another coming out of course I was interested. I will admit though, that the “Undercover Millionaire” part of it did give me pause since I usually steer clear of books titled with “millionaire”, “billionaire”, “trillionaire”…well, you get the idea. But this is one of my favorite authors, so I figured I’d dive in anyway.

There was so much to love about Tate—how he takes care of his family, his dedication to his
Susana
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Helena Stone
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now here’s a thoroughly enjoyable read if ever I saw one. I mean, what’s not to like about an opposites attract despite class differences story, especially when you add a spoiled rich man who turns out to have a heart of gold and a hardworking de facto family man slowly learning to let go of the tight hold on his life. Throw in a bit of a mystery as well as vibrant and inspired secondary characters, and you have a story you’ll almost certainly read in one sitting (well, I did).

This story is a
George Loveland
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex Bonfils is looking to make a name for himself in the family business, after being "fired" by his father. After discovering there are some issues and foul play at hand, the only way he can do this is to go undercover and see what he can find out. Starting at the bottom, he meets Tate Somerton and falls for him and tries to woo him, as well as find out what's going on in the business.

I've been a fan of the "Romancing the ... " series and this one doesn't disappoint. I'd have to say it's very
Elle
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being from the UK, l love books which ate set there. Clare London writes such books so well. She gets full marks for her research every time, always spot on. A lot of reviewers are comparing this to the first two books in the series. I haven't read these, so I can only review this as a standalone.

I enjoyed the disparity between the two MCs. Despite their differences in background, they were a perfect match, and I loved how both just accepted one another for what they were. There was no real
Katy Beth Mckee
Overall I enjoyed the story and the narration was great. I started with the ebook version and just had trouble getting started on it. So I picked up the audio version when it came out. This story seems to take a really long time to get to any really action. As I reader you can see what where things should be heading so I was ready to move on before the story did. The characters are likable. Alex is trying to find where he fits in with his family. In some ways he has been sold short but he has ...more
Amy Dufera
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romancing The Undercover Millionaire has everything I've come to expect from Clare London. It's sweet, fun and a complete feel-good romance.

It's the story of Alex, who goes undercover at his father's business, and
Tate, one of the employees. Upon meeting, Alex is immediately taken with the hard-working Tate.

Tate's story of raising his siblings and working hard to keep a roof over his family's heads is touching and real. Tate is seriously a likable guy.

One of the best parts of this story is the
A.E. Ryecart
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Clare London book I'd read, but it won't be the last. I'm a sucker for the opposites attract trope, but when it's bundled up with differences in class or social status... let's just say that, for me, it's the cherry on the cake, and Ms London handled this very, very well.

There was a good connection between the two MCs, who I found to be well-written and believable. With a 'who dunnit' crime theme wrapped up with mm romance, what's not to like? I enjoyed Romancing the
Jane (PS)
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it

Both MCs have depth of character and are clearly well-suited for all that this is really more a fairytale in so many aspects. The undercover mystery was pretty straight forward for the reader, but still a bit a of fun.

I rounded down on my rating since I stalled in the middle of the book, having lost my interest in the plot. But it picked up soon afterwards so others may not stumble as I did.
Kaila
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was interesting.. well written.. emotions were real.. and it was light and fluffy haha. i loved their dynamics between the two.. the spoiled boy and the boy trying to make it.. it was very fun to read and i enjoyed it.
Melanie
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5
For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-hP3

For all our reviews, check out http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Leslie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Should’ve been called Romanced by the Undercover Millionaire … Poor Tate never knew what hit him. He never stood a chance against Alex’s charm and mischievousness.

• The CEO's Christmas Manny (Beyond the Boardroom, #1)
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Seeking Solace (The Walker Boys, #3)
  • The Athlete and the Aristocrat
  • Single (Single Dads #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Warm Heart (Search and Rescue, #1)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
  • Better Not Pout
  • The Nerd and the Prince (Small-Town Dreams #1)
  • Rebuild My Heart (Lexington Lovers, #4)
  • His Consort
  • My Fair Brady
  • Diplomatic Relations (Sci-Regency #4)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while ...more

Romancing the... (4 books)
  • Romancing the Wrong Twin (Romancing the..., #1)
  • Romancing the Ugly Duckling
  • Romancing the Rough Diamond (Romancing the... Book 4)