Start by marking “Fox and Wolf (Apex Investigations, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fox and Wolf (Apex Investigations, #1)

Fox and Wolf

(Apex Investigations #1)

Werewolf PI Dylan Weems is a hired to solve the murder of a client’s customer. As an ex-cop, Dylan is the perfect man for the job, but he doesn’t expect the complication of alluring fox shifter Rey.

Ever since finding the dead body of one of his clients, Rey Mercier’s life is a mess, and he needs help desperately. He has no idea why he’s the target of some ruthless people o
Published December 28th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Fox and Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox and Wolf

Kathleen
DNF early on. No rating.

Where on earth was the editor for this book? The first few pages are an illogical mess. Returned for a refund.
BWT (Belen)
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, light, sexy, and funny, with multiple POVs, a strong cast of characters (plenty of room to grow a series), some action, and a happy ending.

This was a light, pleasant read. I liked and found the setting interesting, but I'll admit I would have liked a bit more background and world-building.

All in all though I had fun reading and I definitely have enough interest to want to continue when the next book is released.

P.S.: This is fated mates done right.

Advanced Review Galley copy of
Kirstin
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Rey is a fox shifter who's gotten himself into a mess. He is somewhat of an investigator/courier and the last transaction has turned deadly. When he goes to Apex Investigations for help, he finds that he's in more trouble than he ever dreamed.

Dylan is a wolf shifter and an investigator for AI. As soon as he smells the fox in the office, he knows something strange is happening. He can't get enough of Rey and he's instantly protective of him. And he soon learns that they will both need more help t
Joyfully Jay
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Fox and Wolf by Julia Talbot is a cute paranormal story about the Apex Private Investigation firm and it’s varied shifter team members. Wolf shifter, Mick, runs Apex and is the one who vets the clients and then hands them over to the appropriate investigator. When fox shifter Rey Mercier comes to Apex needing help, he is handed off to Dylan—another wolf and former cop. The goal is to find out who is after Rey and why. The little fox is one who normally stays under
Meggie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Fox and Wolf is fast developed mystery romance, between a wolf shifter Dylan and fox shifter Rey. What I didn't like in their romance was to many sex scenes. This book was to short for them.
Katherine
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A good start to this shifter PI series that establishes the main players and the place they work, but would benefit from a better explanation of the world it takes place in.

Dylan and Rey meet when Rey comes to Apex investigations for help. Rey's client has been murdered and now people are after him- and he has no idea why. Dylan is an ex-cop and this investigation is right up his alley. With Rey being a fox shifter and Dylan being a wolf shifter there aren't any expectations between the two, but
ChaosMoondrawn
Rey, a fox shifter, is an information broker. When one of his clients gets murdered, he’s thown into intrigue he doesn’t even understand. He’s threatened, his apartment is broken into, and dire crocodile shifters are after him. I have to admit every time they were called dire crocs, my mind asked is there any other kind? Dylan is the wolf shifter at Apex Investigations assigned to his case. While Dylan and Rey fall into an easy relationship, Dylan’s boss Mike is suspicious if Rey is really an in ...more
Kristin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blurb summarizes the book quite well, but I’ll recap a little bit: Rey is a self-employed researcher. He’s good at finding, obtaining and delivering information as needed. Until something goes very wrong with his last job and now he’s on the run, living out of his car. In desperation, this fox-shifter turns to Apex Investigations.

Dylan, former cop, now private investigator is assigned the fox’s case. Seems straight forward enough, until the dire-croc’s show up. While not everyone at Apex is as
Karen Meeus
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it

This was a very enjoyable shifter romance with an interesting mystery subplot. A quick and entertaining read.

Rey is a bit of a mess at first, and obviously in way over his head with big bad dire … creatures out to get him. He hires a PI to help him investigate and hopefully solve the mystery of the sudden threat against his life. Dylan, the PI in question, doesn’t need long to become totally smitten with Rey, though both men are thrown by their unexpected connection. Dare they think the
Natosha Wilson
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This turned out to be a really great read. It has mystery. It has shifters. There is suspicion. There is danger. There is a lot of action. There is romance. And last but not least there is family, a pack. Julia Talbot wrote an incredible book and if this book is anything to go by the series is going to be just as amazing as this first book was.

Rey walked into Apex looking for help with an issue hat has come up that he never expected to happen. Rey is an information gatherer. He contracts out an
FairyG
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great new series?

So, a fox walks into a P.I. office..... Sounds like the start to a great joke, but the fox is exhausted and frightened and Apex investigations team think they can handle it.....

Love the pack of random wereshifters that are at the heart of this story and really look forward to hearing more about them as the series progresses.

This story is a great intro to a new series and I would recommend it, it has romance, action, unusual shifters and a pack of misfits, what's not to love?

In
Ivy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok

Dylan is PI at the Apex Investigations. As a former cop and a werewolf, he’s good at his job, but he didn’t expect Rey, the sexy fox shifter.

Rey is desperate and scared when he crosses Apex Investigations door. His client had been murdered, and his life threatened. Dylan is the PI in charge of his case, but Rey may find more than peace and safety with him.

Fox and Wolf by Julia Talbot is book one of the Apex Investigations.
I’m going to be very honest (like
Fritz42
Rey, a fox shifter, comes to Apex Investigations because of a big problem. His normal, routine job ended with his client being murdered, and he needs someone to figure out why the courier job became so dangerous. Dylan, a wolf shifter, is assigned to his case, and things quickly get serious when dangerous shifters - I won't say what - come after Rey. It takes some investigation to determine what is behind the attacks.

I enjoyed the whole idea of Apex Investigations being staffed by different kin
Cathy Brockman
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fox and Wolf is the set up of a new series Apex Investigations.
Dylan is a wolf shifter, ex-cop, and PI at Apex Investigations. Rey is a fox shifter that finds himself in trouble and hires Apex to help him.
There are a lot of cool characters in this story as we are getting the build-up for the series. There are mountain lions, bears, werewolves foxes and other neat shifters. on the Bad side, we had crocodile and tiger shifters. I loved the evil croc shifters and could almost smell them the way Ju
llv
Rating: 4 stars
I had this book on my radar when my friend lent me her copy. I’m really glad she did because I really enjoyed it. I loved both MCs. It was a strong case of insta-love on their parts but that didn’t bother me at all. I loved all the shifters that worked at Apex Investigations. They were such a wonderful cast of characters. The mystery itself was a little out there and I’m a bit confused on a couple of issues, but overall it was a good light-hearted story that I really enjoyed.
Miriam
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good start to a new series. I like Rey and Dylan, they've got a good chemistry. I also like the introduction of the rest of the team (especially Kit). I can't wait to see whose story will be up next. If you like shifter fated-mates stories, this one really worked.

I do wish there had been a bit more world-building. I'm a little confused as to if shifters are a known element by most humans or not.
Brandy Green
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Awesome story and I can't wait for more. All the characters are interesting and I was
hooked right away. Everything I have come to expect from Julia Talbot; humor, action and
characters that are easy to like and quick to care about.
Kragthang
Jan 01, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I guess the shifter books by this author just aren't my cup of tea. Like the Dead and Breakfast books I found the story intriguing, but couldn't deal with the simplicity of the dialogues between the characters.
Tam
A cute story between a wolf security guy and the fox client he's protecting. Introduces lots of characters in the security firm. It was cute and an enjoyable read for me.
Lisa
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. A great start to a new series can't wait for the next book.
Betsy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amusing and light shapeshifter romantic suspense. Interesting ensemble of animals represented, so I'm looking forward to the following books.
Cathy Hope
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just loved this book. It was fast paced and fun. I hope she writes lots more in the series
Mrsgeo
Blaine ToraTsume
rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Julia Talbot lives in the great Southwest, where there is hot and cold running rodeo, cowboys, and everything from meat and potatoes to the best Tex-Mex. A full time author, Julia has been published by Torquere Press, Dreamspinner Press, Resplendence (as Minerva Howe) and Changeling Press. She has a book coming out in June 2015 with Samhain. She believes that everyone deserves a happy ending, so s ...more