Start by marking “Stonebearer's Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Stonebearer's Betrayal

Stonebearer's Betrayal

A secret society of immortals, tasked to protect the world.
A demon bent on revenge.
A girl brave enough to fight for her family when the two collide.

Archdemoness Wrothe stirs the ashes from a long dead war, rekindling a fire that threatens to burn the world. Only the legendary Stonebearers of the Khandashii have the power to stop her, if they catch wind of her plans in time
Published November 13th 2018 by Immortal Works

To ask other readers questions about Stonebearer's Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stonebearer's Betrayal

Start your review of Stonebearer's Betrayal
Audrey
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bias alert:
I am friends with the author, Jodi …
I am a contract editor for the publisher, Immortal Works …
I am friends with the editor, Melissa Meibos, who is a dear kindred spirit.

I think I’m pretty good at remaining disinterested even when friends are involved, but you never know.

I found this book well-plotted and well-paced; very tight. Good writing style and interesting magic system. While it leaves things open to a sequel, most things are wrapped up pretty well here. There is plenty of peril
Sheila
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that knows me well has figured out that my favorite genre to read is YA Fantasy. I happen to know the author of Stonebearer's Betrayal. As a reviewer, I often review my friend's books but I always give an honest review and don't give people a break just because they're my friend. Let's just say, there is no break needed here. This epic YA Fantasy was amazing! Jodi's world building was done so well and the magic system was unique and fascinating.

From the very first chapter I was totally
Monogamist
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it
First of all, thank you so much to the writer for a free copy of this book. I always love discovering new writers and new stories.

This is the story of Katira, who decides to sneak out for an adventure in the forest during the night with his lover Elan, despite all the warnings from his father not to. When they are attacked by a monstrous beast and saved by her own father with forbidden magic, Katira will have to face a new reality and pay the consequences of this rebellious act. Everything she k
Daniel Yocom
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Stonebearer’s Betrayal. This roughly 300 page adventure clearly sets up a world and a story that has more to tell.

The beginning of the book feels like it moves a little slow as the world and situation are set up. The pace increases as the story grows. Eventually the story builds to a climax that is fulfilling.

Milner is able to infuse powerful emotions that build through the story. Emotional strings are tugged strongly by the end of the book.

Stonebearer’s Betrayal is written for younger
William Blycker
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down.

Wonderfully crafted story. I really enjoyed how the story unfolded and grew as I read. The characters were well created and brought me into the story, and made me feel all the emotions a good character does. Yes, I even shed a few tears. Well done. Can't wait for more.
Margaret Adelle
Aug 04, 2020 rated it liked it
When the author offered me a copy of this book to review, I was intrigued by the premise. While "young girl discovers big magical family secret" is a pretty standard beginning for a fantasy story, it wasn't in the usual way and I liked the idea of the Stonebearer's themselves. Their magic wasn't necessarily explained that in-depth, but you got the gist of what they were trying to do in the fight sequences, so I didn't mind. The world building itself was fairly vague, but definitely there. I appr ...more
Nicholas Adams
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Christopher Thomasson
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sometimes find it hard to be pulled into a story as that author's hook, that thing which draws the reader in and holds them, is just not there: or if it is there, it's dull and didn't sink itself deep enough into me to hold my attention. Believe me, as an author myself, I know how hard it is to sharpen that hook into something that will hold the reader to the end. We all struggle with it. However, this is NOT the case with Stonebearer's Betrayal: The hook got me on the first cast. It pulled me ...more
library4one
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Fantasy

Loved this. Creative magic system. The story flowed well. It would have been a five star but there were some places where pacing was off. But very creative elements. I have ao many questions about the next book. This conclusion was the perfect lead to the next book. I have a feeling that Katira is really going to come into her power. . I cannot wait for the demoness to be taken down. Also I'm super intrigued about katira and isben. Hows her dad going to feel about that???
Kimberly-Dawn Quinn
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The world building was wonderful, full of great descriptions and fantastical storyline.

This is one of those audiobooks that lost something because of the narration. There was very little to no emotive inflections or distinction between characters.

I would recommend you get the Kindle version or hardcopy because the writing is well worth it.

**I received a free copy of this audiobook in lieu of giving an honest review
Irony Mitchell
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story sucked me in! I really enjoyed the characters and was pleased to be surprised multiple times. I didn't think the back cover blurb did this book justice. If you like magic, adventure, action, and an awesome love triangle than skip the blurb and read this book!
Leo
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of those books that you don’t have to work to get into. You just slip into the story.

Great world building, and it left me curious to learn more about how the magic works and what it can do. Hopefully there’s more to come.
S.A. Krishnan
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every single character especially Katira has been etched beautifully. The magic rules in the entire story was perfect and the story was built perfectly within the rules. The world building and the characters came together perfectly in the story. Enjoyed it.
Michelle VanDaley
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review is based on the audiobook. This is a good story. I like how it flowed naturally and enjoyed learning about the Stonebearer's and their abilities. The narration was well paced and easy to understand. I look forward to more from this author
Michael Chittum
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well crafted first novel. Milner creates a coherent world and believable characters. The author addresses major human themes of good and evil, the use and misuse of power, and the responsibility to work for the good.
Reading For Sanity
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read this review and others https://readingforsanity.blogspot.com... ...more
Anne
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not usually my genre, but I was really drawn in by the story and the characters. The story was original and not formulaic. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Marcy Johnson
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book! From the beginning to end I was hooked. Loved the plot, and the characters were entertaining. Overall a great read. Will read again!
Elizabeth
Mar 18, 2019
Donna Bailey
Sep 24, 2019
Danny Wilkerson
rated it did not like it
Nov 14, 2018
Mar 05, 2019
Dana
Mar 17, 2019

• Ignite the Sun
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea
  • An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good
  • Peter Darling
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • The Phantom Menace (Star Wars: Novelizations, #1)
  • The Reckless Afterlife of Harriet Stoker
  • Map of the Dead (Alex MacLure #1)
  • Slated (Slated, #1)
  • Better to Wish (Family Tree, #1)
  • Amy and Laura
  • Pompeii
  • 2019 on Goodreads
  • Seven Endless Forests
  • The Long Way Home (Family Tree, #2)
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
Jodi L. Milner is the author of the YA noble dark fantasy Stonebearer’s Betrayal as well as several short stories appearing in numerous anthologies and SQ Magazine.

In her community, she holds a leadership position in the League of Utah Writers and teaches at chapter meetings and conferences. She’s a world traveler, married a magician, studied Kenpo karate, and performed reptile shows several time

News & Interviews