Start by marking “Immortal Plunder” as Want to Read:
Immortal Plunder

Immortal Plunder

(Pirates of Felicity #1)

There are three types of people in the Exosian Realm--males, females, and pirates.

I'm a pirate. One with six overprotective fathers for a crew. And if I'm telling the honest truth, not just the pirate truth, having so many fathers is working pretty well for me so far.

When I'm caught eavesdropping on the pirates of Malice, they retaliate with violence, and my fathers beco
Published September 19th 2018 by Kelly St. Clare

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Plunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Plunder

Ann (annreads)
“Power,” he said, shrugging his unwounded shoulder. “Dynami means power.” Power? Ebba shook her head. “What are we meant to do with power?” She had no idea. But there was a cruel captain who shouldn’t have any more of it."

Low key disappointed with this one.
I mean don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it but not as much as I was expecting to, which is sad since I absolutely love Kelly St Clare’s books! Still, I’m not giving up on this series, and I’m actually really excited to see how everything will com
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted On My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This book was absolutely amazing! I didn't expect to love it as much as I did.  I'm sucker for YA fantasy books with pirates and sea adventures, and this book has everything. It is a hidden gem and I'm so glad that it caught on my radar cause I would've definitely missed it.   It had all that piratey feel to it.  The characters, the plot, the adventure, the magic, the world, everything was well written. At first, I had struggled with the writi
Barbara
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. St. Clare strikes again! Seriously... is there any sub-genre the woman can't write?! I love pirate stories. I love the adventure, the "gray" heroes/heroines, the life on deck, and the hunts for treasure. So, when Ms. St. Clare announced a book about these things, I was thrilled!

There's so much I appreciate about this story. Firstly, that it's a pirate story, but it stands as its very own version of one. It sails familiar territory, but in a very unfamiliar way, and that was refreshingly une
Hetal
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To see this review and more, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

ARC review!

Actually around 3.75

If you're a fan of Kelly St. Clare, you know all her books contain epic fantasy, strong and good main characters who struggle to defy their moral compasses, and a swoony romance. Immortal Plunder is NOT that at all. So fresh, so fine!

Ebba-Viva (Ebba for short), is everything Ryn, Lina, and Romy are not. She is entirely an anti-hero, a pirate who desperately yearns for b
Lola
I received a free copy of this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it.

As soon as I heard about this series I was excited to read it. It just sounded so good and that cover only made me more excited for this book, because it's so pretty and it fits the story well too. While I haven't read many books with pirates and don't have much to compare it with, this is exactly what a pirate book should be like in my opinion. It has pirates, action, adventure, treasure, lots of sea, life on a ship
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Are you looking for some diversity in your young adult fiction? This novel fits the bill on so many levels.

First off, you have Ebba-Viva. She is a person of color. Secondly, she defines herself as a pirate and not a women thank you very much as the pirate part is what she find important. Then she has six dads. Last is her outlook. When most typical heroines face some sort of traumatic event tend to go a couple of ways they either grow up fast or they go down the angst, emo and sometimes self des
Tiera McMillian
I felt like this was a pretty strong start to the series. Though I really do feel like Ebba, our FMC, is really immature at the start I do see her slowly getting better. The relationship between her and her dads was so fun!

Ebba and her 5 dads are pirates on a small ship the Felicity. Ebba is a super proud character, its almost a fault, but you could tell from the reading she really loves and is passionate about the sea and her life as a pirate. Pirates in her world have been hunted to near extin
Meredith
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off....this cover is AWESOME. Love. It.

Next...I read this while waiting for a hurricane to hit and then leave my town (I wasn’t there but my husband was, so saying I was stressed is an understatement**). I *really* needed something to distract me - and God bless Ms. St. Clare because this did the trick!

Ebba-Viva is an intriguing pirate, in a world that brings surprise upon surprise, and PLENTY of mysteries. The dichotomies in this story are ones Ebba-Viva has glibly, purposefully ignored -
BookwormBritty
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Plunder was a super fun piratey adventure! Kelly St. Clare is probably the only author who can write naive characters and have me still enjoy reading them. Ebba is incredibly clueless, but she owns it, and her backstory supports that trait. Aside from that, she's so endlessly entertaining that rather than getting annoyed when she misses the obvious, I found myself laughing.

I loved the character dynamics and interactions, especially the six pirate fathers. I went into this story expecti
Ess
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have
I’ll be warning yer, you’ll be talking Pirate after reading this. To be sure ;)

I read this because I love Kelly St Clare and reading anything she writes is a must but wasn’t crazy excited about it being a pirate book. I didn’t think it was going to be a favourite maybe just an enjoyable read.
I was COMPLETELY wrong I LOVED it, I loved Ebba and I’m now a diehard pirate lover!!!

First thing I have to say is it’s so funny. I thought the only author that could make me laugh this much was Ilona Andrews
Nikki
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I’ll admit, this book took me a long time to get into. At first I wasn’t attached to the characters, the story, or the way they talked. The first half was good and enjoyable but nothing really made me feel like I needed to pick it up again. However, a little after the halfway point, I just got submerged into the world and I just started absolutely loving it. I started loving the characters, the story, the world, and the way they talked. I felt like the characters were all my family and I genu ...more
Bethany Hoeflich
I received an early copy of this book, and I can verify, under oath, that I am currently not being held hostage until I write a glowing review.

I am writing this review because I genuinely believe that everyone should give this book a chance. It was positively spectacular. Seriously. Read it asap.

Now, I've read a lot of pirate books in my time (because you know... pirates!) to the point where the genre was getting old and predictable. Writers would take the same plot and just switch out location
Jemma
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was blessed with an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Once you get past that there is a different language (pirate), that one girl has many fathers and is not a girl, but a pirate, this book gets really interesting! Like in all Kellys books the characters are engaging and have room for growth and transformation. It is a funny book, full of mythical adventures. Sure to have a good chin wiggle with all the other fans! I recommend to give it a try, even if pirates aren't yo
Katie S
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Immortal Plunder is swashbuckling time filled with laughs and adventure!
Kelly St. Clare seemlessly weaves together nautical mythology with her unmistakable talented writing style.
Immortal Plunder delivers all expectations of a pirate novel--and then some.
The crew of Felicity is a rich blend of traditional pirates blended with fresh humor. You fall in love with Ebba-Viva's 6 fathers within minutes of opening the book. It's clear from the get go that their daughter Ebba-Viva is the center of their
Simone
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much fun to read! I couldnt put it down.
I love Ebba-viva. She is a pirate girl through and through. Strong, brave, full of adventure and smart! And yet she has a childishness about her that any real teenager would have!
Her fathers are all so diverse, funny, lovable and adore their girl.
I have a lot of theories about the other characters, that I cannot wait to see proven or disproven. 😁
I feel like I could read about these characters forever and I cannot wait for the next instalment
Theresa Scerbo
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was super excited to be given advanced copy (at no cost to the author) of this book to read, especially since I have read every single thing from Kelly St.Clare. I first stumbled across The Darkest Drae series co-authored with Raye Wagner. If you haven’t read that series...you must, I read each book straight through forgoing sleep and study time. So worth it! From there, I read The Tainted Accords series, same thing, sleep and study time went out the window. And it happened again with The Afte ...more
Nicholl Stone Perkins
I have to say I've liked every Kelly St. Clare book I've read but was a slightly unsure about reading about pirates, it's just not my thing...usually.

I found myself grinning while reading the pirate lingo and happy it didn't distract or become obnoxious, but flowed nicely. As with her other books, I enjoy the writing style and found myself becoming easily ensnared in the story.

And it's a fun story! The lead character is willfully naive and brave. She is so innocent it's enduring. She is right on
Jessica Middleton
Wow!! I never really had an interest in books about pirates, but Kelly changed my mind!! This book was absolutely amazing! Ebba and her fathers are hilarious! Ebba is such a strong young pirate, which you will see why when you read the book! If you like adventure, magic, and humor then you will love this book!! I can't wait until book 2!
Melissa
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean seriously!?! Pirates? Yes, please!! What a fantastic read! Kelly has this style of writing that just draws you in and keeps you wanting more. This story is simply fantastic! Ebba- Viva, her six fathers, the future love interests... (hoping one of them will win her heart...) and a grumpy cat will be characters you fall in love with immediately. I am looking forward to how her story progresses and watching her grow up, fall in love and all of the in-between. I am more than excited for all t ...more
kels
Adorable, highly entertaining, but occasionally veers into "too young for my tastes" territory. While Ebba and her six fathers are fun to read about, it's a bit hard for me to take Ebba seriously sometimes. Still, I think St. Clare does a solid job with Ebba's character growth and story arc, and the world so far is pretty intriguing.
LJ Waguespack
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this fresh perspective on a classic pirate tale. I feel it has a strong beginning on a rich, rich legacy of stories to come. A single determined, driven heroine with a full cast of supportive characters, each with a different, unique perspective. A well written opening salvo, fired in what promises to be a journey of life discoveries, complete with creative world building and character development, I look forward to reading more in the future, thank you Kelly St. Clare.
Caroline Higson
I was luckily enough to get an ARC of this new book from Kelly St Clare and it had me hooked from the first few chapters, this book sets the characters and scene for the rest of the series and I'm looking forward to learning if my theory about certain characters is correct!

I recommend you give it a go if you love everything else Kelly St Clare has done as you'll love it and want to read more about Ebba and her crew!
Kate Kucharski
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy as part of the launch team for the Pirates of Felicity! *secret happy dance*

I absolutely, unequivocally, LOVED this book. Pirates and all the dads and so much going on and magic and... wow. Kelly St Clare is now officially one of my favourite authors. I've loved the books I've read of hers in the past but this one sealed the deal.

Ebba is a nice take on a heroine and I liked the touches of innocence to her. Such an endearing quality and one that invited her into my heart which t
Tiffany
Holy cow!!!!
Mystery, intrigue, magic, pirates oh my!!!

As usual Kelly bring upon a new world of characters that grow and change through out the whole book!!! If you like pirates of the Caribbean...this is the book for you. Ebba-viva, a 17 year old girl is raised by 6 dad's who can be overprotective needs to figure out how to rescue them and she ends up in a quest of her life!!!

It is a must read of all ages
Sydney
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone wants to be a pirate at some point in their life and why wouldn't you. Adventure, treasure, and magic awaits you in the book. I can also feels some great twist are coming in the series, but I'll keep my theories to my self. Ebba is a spunky pirate to say the least, and ye not be soft. Took me a bit to get use to the pirate talk in my head but then it was smooth sailing. Can't wait to see what awaits the crew of Felicity with all their new discoveries.
Lady The Owls
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love pirate stories and not enough of them have lady pirates. Immortal Plunder starts out very exciting and does not disappoint to the very end. This new series is amazing, fun, and lots of adventure. I can not wait for the next book in the series.
S. McPherson
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book as my Indie Pick of October and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to diving into the next one (pun intended haha) The story is unique and refreshing and the characters voices pull you into the world even more. Definitely, recommend!
Aaliyah
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book as much I loved The Tainted Accords, Kelly is an AMAZING author. This is a winner totally worth the money, completely addictive and unforgettable.
Arceli
I'm now officially in love with pirates and the world St. Clare has created. It has dashing humor, potty mouths, and of course great pirates. The writing was beautiful. There was so much description and depth. I could literally feel Ebba's emotions. She is one heck of an awesome girl. And, Ebba really made this story awesome. I loved how she is a unique heroine. She is so feisty, stubborn, but most of all extremely strong. I loved the way she fought and man, she is one to fear. Amazing first ins ...more
Katelyn Anderson
Kelly St Clare has done it again! This book is INCREDIBLE. The adventure and suspense left me hanging on until the very end. First time I’ve read a pirate book and I absolutely love the new world Kelly has created. Looking forward to the rest of the series!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
When USA Today bestselling author, Kelly St Clare is not reading or writing, she is lost in her latest reverie.

Books have always been magical and mysterious to her. One day she decided to start unravelling this mystery and began writing.

The Tainted Accords was her debut series. The After Trilogy is now available.

A New Zealander in origin and in heart, Kelly currently resides in Australia with her

Pirates of Felicity (4 books)
  • Ebba-Viva Fairisles: Stolen Princess (Pirates of Felicity Book 2)
  • Ebba-Viva Fairisles: Pillars of Six (Pirates of Felicity Book 3)
  • Ebba-Viva Fairisles: Dynami's Wrath (Pirates of Felicity Book 4)