Start by marking “Defying Gravity” as Want to Read:
Defying Gravity

Defying Gravity

(Gravity #2)

NOW AN AMAZON TOP 60 BESTSELLER

Our greatest risk was the one we never took ...

It was an accidental spring fling three years ago—one week spent in the mountains of Big Sur and no one was the wiser. Ignore the fact that Tobias James was Amelia's neighbor and her best friend's older brother. Or that upon their return his hoop dreams were waiting for him, robbing them of a pot
Paperback
Published July 25th 2019 (first published July 23rd 2019)

Start your review of Defying Gravity
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 " Moon & Earth" Stars ⭐️
Defying Gravity was without a doubt one of my most anticipated book of the summer and was so worth the wait! After reading Falling from Gravity the prequel to this novel a few months ago in the Spring Fling Anthology, I just needed to get the rest of Amelia and Tobias’s gorgeous romance. Omg, I wasn’t prepared for the brilliance of their story! K.K. Allen entranced me with this wonderful couple in this second chance romance high on sensations and heart melting mo
Meredith Wilson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"We're moon and earth, living among the stars and sun. We're everything. And no matter the distance, we still make sense together."

"Our love wasn't just written in the stars. Our love was the stuff stars and planets were made of."

GAH! I have read several of this author's books and none have made me tear up and touch me on such an emotional level as Defying Gravity. I can honestly say that this is one of my all time favorite second chance romances.

Tobias and Amelia's story is a deeply moving, e
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 6/ 5 stars

I feel like I have been waiting my whole life for this book. Honestly, that's how long it felt. The waiting sucks when you really want something. And trust me I wanted this book so so bad ever since I finished Center of Gravity. All this to say THE WAIT WAS SO FREAKING WORTH IT!!!! I adored this couple with my whole heart. Possibly even more than Lex and Theo. Okay, yes way more than Lex and Theo!!

Amelia and Tobia's love was all kinds of forbidden, then and now and my heart hur
Joelle ★My Book Angel Blog★
K.k. Allen never ceases to amaze me with her books. I’ve read all of them and I’ve fallen in love with each and every story. Defying Gravity is no exception. This book was truly phenomenal! The forbidden romance, the dancing, and holy angst alert! Any K.k. Allen book wouldn’t be complete without angst and if any author can bring that out, it’s Ms. Allen. She is the queen of angst-filled books and weaves those emotions into the storyline perfectly.

Defying Gravity wasn’t just a fabulous read, it
Syndi
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I dive into this book without reading the prequel novella. I know I am missing that first connection between Amelia and Tobias. I found myself not missing anything in Defying Gravity.

I am officially join the fan club for Defying Gravity. I am love Tobias and Amelia. They are that perfect couple. Their love story is defying everything. Tobias is on the edge of broken by his future and his past. Amelia is his anchor. The chemistry between them is explosive. It burns through out the story.

The sto
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Defying Gravity is everything I hope for when reading a romance novel. It's sexy, sweet, deeply emotional, and so so angsty. Tobias and Amelia's story is a slow burn filled with the hopes and dreams of two passionate souls trying to find a way to have it all. My heart broke with theirs and then slowly put back together as each piece of Tobias and Amelia was healed. Amelia may be my favorite KK Allen heroine yet. She is strong, fierce, and unapologetically herself.

Defying Gravity is another maste
Shasta Hope
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! OMG! This book gave me all the feels and goosies all over. K.K. never fails to bring a story to its full fruition without waving through the pages gracefully and with pure elegance. This story was no different! She told us a story of the journey of love and the pathway or galaxy that led them there. It was by far my most favorite K.K. Allen read.

Tobias is my hero! He struggled with his placement in a world when he felt detached from everyone including his own family. Its not till one defini
The Book Bee
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4 STARS

“You know as well as I that you can’t put a label on what we are. We’re just Amelia and Tobias. We’re moon and earth, living among the stars and sun. We’re everything. And no matter the distance, we still make sense together.”

YES. YES. YES. I am smiling from ear to ear right now. For my second book by KK Allen, I have no need or desire to stop reading her words. She gives me a compelling love. She fills my heart with smiles. My eyes are seeing hearts. I am just so happy and enjoyi
Sentranced Jem
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
Defying Gravity was such a beautiful book.
This one had so many tropes that I love and yet somehow the storyline didn't feel jumbled or chaotic at all. Defying Gravity is a second chance, sports romance, forbidden romance with elements of the contemporary arts and also touches on topics that are very relevant.

62553896_10156811894919022_6565332097232273408_o

Amelia and Tobias (Gosh! Even their names are 😍 ) are perfect for each other. I was completely hooked to their story.
Amelia is a professional dancer. I must say, I really appreciated that K.
Jessica
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I absolutely love sports romances and don't read nearly enough basketball romances. The romance market is saturated with football and hockey romances, so I get excited when I see a new basketball romance to pick up and give a chance!

When Tobias and Amelia spend Spring Break together, they fall for each other deeper than they ever meant to. The problem? Tobias's sister happens to be Amelia's best friend and she could never betray her. Not to mention their lives are going different places. Three
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: July 25, 2019
Genre: Contemporary (Sports, Second Chance) Romance

Defying Gravity was far more emotional than I would have imagined. This is also a sports romance, a second chance romance, and a brothers best friend romance. Combining this all into one story made this a pretty incredible read. KK Allen certainly delivers in Defying Gravity and I found myself immersed in Toby and Amelia’s story. Their love story wasn't easy and there where major hurdles they needed to jump through
Nova B
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

This is Tobias and Amelia's full length story. When their prequel ended, things were up in the air but they were both trying to make it work. Long distance relationships are always hard.

Tobias is fulfilling his dream and Amelia is finally full time at the Gravity dance center and working on her dream of being on the dance squad for the professional basketball team. It's not everything she expected.

This leads to her coming to a crossroads and Tobias is unsure exactly what is going on. Ther
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
K. K. Allen brings us yet again a wonderful, inspiring and breathtaking love story. The fascinating world of dance and basketball immerses from the very start. The angst and drama that come with jealous teammates, the thrill and fear of a secret forbidden romance, the passion for sport and dancing, the power of true friendship, the emotion and the rawness of learning and discovering who you are and where you came from. This book truly has it all and it was beautifully crafted in the best way.

De
Andrea Fleury
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amelia and Tabias

The waiting and anticipation for this book was greater then the book itself. Though I liked this book I didn't love it. It was a bit slow where the characters connected. I disliked his sister trinity fully. Found her selfish and insensitive. I loved the ending and the continuing story of Big sur
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Emotional highs and lows…
Toby and Amelia’s story was rife with emotional highs and lows. While labelled as a sports romance (it was) it was even more. It included a best friend’s brother angle, a second chance and heaps of heart-pinging family drama. If that sounds like a lot, don’t worry. Spread over a few years, how it all came to be was a well-paced, enthralling read…

From life-long neighbours/friends to lovers was an unexpected leap but anything but smooth sailing. Relationships were torn apa
Na
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You’re my moon, you know?” His hands moved through my hair as he held my gaze. “The light in my dark. I’ll never stop reaching for you, Amelia.”

After reading Falling From Gravity I was so excited to continue Tobias and Amelia’s story. I got swept up right away and I knew their love story was going to be epic. And KK delivered as expected. She created an angsty second chance romance, looking for its equals.

“We’re moon and earth, living among the stars and sun. We’re everything.”

Tobias is perfect
Robyn
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Perfect Orbit Stars

This is the full length book that follows the novella, “Falling From Gravity,” read that book first, as it’s a prequel to this book, and gives the back story of Tobias, and Amelia.

This is a best friend’s, older brother trope, one I always seem to enjoy, since I find the theme so relatable, personally. There’s also a forbidden element to their relationship, beside the fling they hid from his sister years earlier. Hiding their relationship, once again becomes a barrier again
Paula D
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It started off as a spring fling but ended up more! I love this second chance romance story that melts your heart! Tobias and Amelia had a amazing spring together but now reality is coming full force. Amelia chooses against her heart and does what she feels right for the man she loves. The lies just won’t go away and it feels like no light to the darkness for Tobias. Two people that have known each other since they were kids can true love overcome all or will it all end up in heartbreak? Beautif ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I really enjoyed this sweet second chance romance. Tobias and Amelia’s story was one with many facets and a few emotional ups and downs, but totally worth getting to the end.

Here’s what I loved:
The writing is really good. The author really put a lot of effort into making the storyline and characters feel authentic. I could relate to their need to attain their goals and dreams, despite the challenges they faced.

The struggles that Amie faced are real and relatable. The fact the romance novel dea
Donna B
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I was unaware of the previous novella before reading this. I may have felt a better connection beforehand if doing so. The h was annoying and her actions/thought process didn’t make sense to me. The story kinda dragged on and I was finding it difficult jut to pick it back up and finish it. Just wasn’t feeling it. Just an okay read for me.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So K.K Allen has been on my radar for a while now... And I am kind of kicking myself that I hadn't picked up one of her books until now. She is an amazing writer, her words flowed easily and sucked me into the plot hard and fast. I was completely taken with the two main leads, Tobias and Amelia. Defying Gravity is a second chance romance, and oh damn does it give you all the feels!

What started as a spring fling turns into so so much more... But before that more, these two have so much to overcom
Books on Stereo
Feb 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Defying Gravity is a basketball, second-chance romance and is the second standalone in the Gravity series. Although the change in locale from the first entry was nice, however the romance, character, and plot were a complete miss.
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
4.5 Stars!

Holy Hell! I’ve been sitting here and coming back to this review for a week now. It’s always the books you love most that are the hardest to review.

About Defying Gravity,

Defying Gravity is the newest standalone written by K.K. Allen. And is told from Tobias and Amelia’s point of view.

Two NBA hopefuls, one dreams of a basketball career while the other dreams of joining the dance squad. But both are about to learn sometimes dreams aren’t everything unless you have the one you love standi
Cyndi
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love! You follow the continued journey that KK has weaved between these two dreamers Tobias and Amelia. You will laugh and cry. You will get mad and then find your happy again. She shares their story and you watch as they both live and create their world. 5 plus stars.
Jan
"We were just Amelia and Tobia's. Moon and Earth, living among the stars. We were everything and no matter what the hardships we'd faced along the way, we would always make sense together".

Defying Gravity is a brothers best friend/second chance romance and sports romance. Two people with their own hopes and dreams, hopes and dreams that would separate them until one day the stars aligned and they would be back together.

Amelia is a dancer, who aspires to dance at Basket ball games, she
Courtney
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to applaud K.K Allen for once again making me feel so much more than I anticipated.

Defying Gravity may be considered a sports romance but it's definitely so much more than that. It is a journey of true love and soul mates.

Tobias and Amelia's story is one I won't soon forget. They both face their own obstacles and through it all, try to stay one another's lives until one of them refuses to allow the other's dreams to be ruined.

I can't tell you how much I love this book. Tobias and Amelia g
Maria
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an ARC to give an honest opinion of the book, and i was not disappointed at all reading this book! I absolutly loved it! Tobias and Amelia story is unique. Two people who began their relationship as a fling but end up falling in love. To being separated, this compelling reunited lovers story took my breath away. I couldn’t put this book down. I kept wanting to read more and more of it. The story behind Tobias was super touching, and his background with being adopted is something many ...more
Lydia's Romance
DNFed at 55%

I stayed up late reading this book. I was really enjoying it, especially the writing. It's emotional and beautiful but I realize now, that I'm not feeling a deep connection between the MCs. I'm not feeling attached to them either. Today, I'm bored and have completely lost interest. It doesn't feel like much of anything happens in the story. The drama falls flat and some of their issues are blown out of proportion.
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

This was my first book by this author and it won’t be my last. Being a huge basketball fan and a past hip dancer I felt connected to scene and characters. I really enjoyed Tobias and his determination to win his girl. Cute story.

• Stealing Home: St. Michaels Duet - Book 2
  • Best of Me
  • Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)
  • Breaker: A Brother's Best Friend
  • Pour Judgment: A steamy fake fiancé romantic comedy
  • Make Me Hate You
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • The unEXpected Plan
  • The Plus Ones (The Brooklyn Book Boyfriends, #4)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Game Changer (Change of Hearts, #1)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • I Hate You
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Reining Her In
K.K. Allen is the USA TODAY Bestselling and award-winning contemporary romance author of sweet, sexy, and inspiring stories that evoke emotion at every turn.

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief. And she continues to take reader’s emotions on an epic ride every single time with real, layered, comin

Gravity (2 books)