Start by marking “Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)

Cruel Legacy

(Cruel #3)

Darkness swept in.

Smothering everything in its inky black.

I have turned into their worst nightmares.

And I will not rest until they pay.

For everything.
248 pages
Published July 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Legacy

Start your review of Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
Carla Bulian
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I expected more about this book. It was awesome, of course, but was missing something...
Revenge is so weak, but everyone seems to learn after all of these troubles.
It’s worth the reading
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

A pretty good conclusion to Penn and Natalie's story. There were a few things that bothered me but overall all I can say is...REVENGE!!

This specific video review will be included in the July 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

(Review may be edited at a later date)
Manoela
4 Stars

Finally it's time to know the conclusion of Natalie and Penn's story. I really like the author's books and with this trilogy was no different. I think I've said it before, but this series has vibe gossip Girl that left me hooked from the beginning.

Without going into detail I can only say that Penn and Natalie's journey was full of ups and downs and both have changed a lot over the course of this series, and I think Penn was a character that honestly grew into my concept in this book.Nata
***AVAILABLE NOW***

3.5 CROWNS

Let me start by saying that there isn’t anything “wrong” with this book. K.A. Linde is a great writer. I always enjoy her stories. In fact, her PNR series is one of the few I have ever read and enjoyed, so I’m going to conclude this is a just me thing.

Penn is a character I loved in book one and even two, but here there were some issues and his loyalty to Crew. These people were vile upper east siders, and while I get they are his friends, I just didn’t get it. He gre
Courtney
Shelves: arc
The Cruel trilogy has finally come to end, a bittersweet ending. It is an ending that gives us that HEA we have all wanted since book one but not without giving the readers the dramatic flair we have to come love and enjoy with this trilogy.

This series itself is one for the books. I enjoyed each book and all the characters that made this whole series a definite binge-read.

Linde really brings her books alive with her characters. You always have this empathy for what her characters are going thro
Amy | Foxy Blogs

*dual pov
*revenge
*angsty
*New York’s Upper East Side

Cruel Legacy is the conclusion to Natalie and Penn's story.

Audiobook source: Hoopla
Narrator: Stephen Dexter & Virginia Rose
Length: 9H 28M
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 STARS

I love this series, it's full of surprises,twists,angst and an epic romance!In this book, Penn and Nathalie's characters grown up and they changed a lot!

I can’t say much about the storyline, you need to let it all unfold for yourself. But I will say that the things went how I wanted them and I loved it!I fell in love with Penn and Natalie even more in this book.

The plot was addictive and it was fast paced too, the epilogue was great!

Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars! Great conclusion. Awesome series.
Rebecca
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I admittedly struggled with book two of the Cruel series. I didn’t understand why the characters made the choices they did, especially Natalie, and while I’m all for nasty people getting the ‘come up its’ they deserve, I wanted the focus to be more about the characters’ growth and the way they earned redemption, not just about all the ways revenge can be acquired.

Needless to say, I was extremely hesitant to begin Cruel Legacy; I didn’t know the Natalie readers would reunite with in the final bo
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
A vengeful Natalie I do not like. When a character turns into something completely different in a series, they lose their appeal. While I liked Natalie early on in the Cruel trilogy, it was difficult to continue to find her strong points, especially when she was busy turning into what she hated about other characters. Ugh! I also found so much to love about Penn early on, yet his character confused me as well.

There was potential in this series, but I was disappointed in the direction it went. It
Sanaa
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, angst
4 stars.

I don't know what magical hands Kyla writes with but she should never stop. Her books are angst filled, with so much emotions and drama. That you never see coming half the time.

This third and final book was exactly how I wanted the series to end. Just thinking about how much everything's changed from book one to now, it's crazy.
Mel
4.5 stars!

The final book in the Cruel Trilogy is here and it does not disappoint! Cruel Legacy gives us more of everything we love about the trilogy! More games, secrets, and surprises. More lies, angst, and heartache. It’s intense, consuming, and clever, and will twist your heart as the story unfolds then fill it with love giving us an amazing conclusion to Penn and Natalie’s story.

The end of Cruel Fortune reveals some twisted surprises that ruin everything Natalie has worked so hard to acc
D
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The final instalment of this trilogy. As always I enjoyed reading a KA Linde story. As I've said with all her books, there is something that resonants with me through the characters even when I don't like them. Cruel Legacy did just that-- at some point in my life i can remember feeling like one or more of the characters felt. And while the characters are generally younger (at least compared to me lol), I always feel some sort of connection or buy-in. This trilogy and specifically Cruel Legacy I ...more
Books on Stereo
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Cruel Legacy is the New Adult Gossip Girl-Cruel Intentions hybrid that I never knew I needed. Linde crafts an excellent conclusion to a addictive series.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The stunning conclusion to the Cruel Trilogy is finally here and it’s full of more deception and twists to keep you reading until the very end. K.A. Linde has undoubtedly outdone herself with Cruel Legacy, while taking the readers on a roller coaster ride that is the Upper East Side.

Cruel Legacy picks up after Cruel Fortune lefts off and this time around Natalie is after vengeance. After the events that transpired in the previous book,
Amy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you were worried about Penn and Natalie at the end of Cruel Fortune, you should know that K A Linde doesn’t take her foot off of that gas pedal in this conclusion to her Cruel series.

Penn has grown throughout the three books. He learns from his mistakes, he strives to be a good man, and he wants to both deserve Natalie’s love and be someone she deserves in return. It isn’t always easy for him; selfishness and ruthlessness are ingrained in him, after all. They are the two emotions he knows bes
KFForever
KFForever

Reviewed by Donna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Cruel Legacy is the third and final part in the Cruel trilogy. We pick up where part two left off with Natalie Bishop vowing to wreak revenge on the crew from Upper Eastside. She had been humiliated yet again. After going home to Charleston to lick her wounds, Natalie comes back through the flames to settle her grievances or so we would believe. Reacquainted with Penn Kensington, he sets about training Nat how to live and survive th
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

I'm really glad I read this series! It has the right amount of angst for me to really feel invested in it and that is something K.A. Linde knows how to do very well!

In this book, Penn and Nathalie's story comes full circle and I loved seeing them getting reaquainted and being themselves years after they first met in Paris. Nathalie, specially. She grew and matured a lot, specially after everything she went through because of Penn and the Crew.

I
Jennifer Wolfel
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always get a little worried going into a trilogy.  Not always do they meet my expectations for an ending.  Sometimes they feel rushed or they just add drama for the sake of drama.  That is so not the case with the Cruel series and the ending of this story.  K.A. Linde surpassed all of my expectations with this finale and it couldn't have been more perfect!Natalie is probably one of my favorite 'Linde' characters.  She's sweet and sassy with a heart of gold, but cross her and make her mad and s ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cruel Legacy is the highly anticipated conclusion to the Cruel trilogy by author KA Linde. It is angsty, dramatic, sexy and pulls you in to the affluent world of the upper east side. It gives validity to the adage, be careful what you wish for.

This story is about revenge, redemption and love. The characters Natalie and Penn come full circle and are faced with realities they cannot change and must decide what they want.

Natalie’s character goes through the most change and growth. I really liked he
Michelle
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ruth
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kiki
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Avidez Literaria
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Penn Kensington had ruined me for all other men. And this one kiss proved that all over again.”

The Upper East Side intrigues are back! Cruel Legacy closes the trilogy and shows the conclusion of Natalie’s story, the simple and centered girl who finds herself shrouded in a tangle of games, power and ruin. After the events of the previous book, which ends with the exposition of the truth about the book written by Natalie, and with the shock of the revelation of Lewis's plans, we can say that Nata
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Legacy Stars ~

Holy Cow!!! K.A. Linde outdid her self with Cruel Legacy. She saved the best of the three books for the last. Even though I loved the first two books, Cruel Legacy was everything I hoped it would be and more!!! I devoured this story.

This book is filled with more angst, deception, lies, secrets and romance. Everything we read in the first two books comes to an end in this story. Cruel Legacy picks up right where Cruel Fortune ends. Thi
Lauren - SERIESous Books

**I received a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

I had no idea what to expect for this finale but I knew I wanted some great twists, fireworks and perhaps a happy ending? I was excited for the ride.

While this story had a slow build to it but the climb is worth the climax. There's this air of unknown happening throughout the novel and it kept me hooked as I read. Natalie's story is intriguing and she'
Maggie
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read

It seemed like I’ve waited forever for Cruel Legacy , the epic conclusion to the Cruel series. It was so many books ago since I finished Cruel Fortune, so I had to go back to remember where we were left off. The plot was twisty and filled with enough drama for a TV show. For once, Penn had done something with pure intention and it was backfired. I cannot believe what Natalie did in the name of revenge. The party at fault deserved all the consequence. However, it was sad to see Natali
Kimberly
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cruel Legacy is the third and final book in the Cruel trilogy, and it definitely delivered on the drama, angst, and drama (did I already say drama?). If you haven't read the first two books in this series, stop now and go read them before diving into this one.

The story is driven by Natalie's thirst for revenge against the Upper East Siders/Crew, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't living for it all. She enlisted Penn to help her basically become like the people she hated so she could execute her
Trish Mint
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just pulled into NYC and got off the Angst train. Damn!! That was a crazy ride. This series was intense. Penn/Nat/Lewis/Katherine/Jane/Court….each of these crazy NY’s are what made this series a page turner.

After the totally messed and hurtful ending from Cruel Fortune that left me on the edge of my seat and honestly broken hearted for Natalie, I knew she was going to lose her marbles. Oh she definitely lost it. I kinda loved this side of Nat. Revenge looked good on her. And she wore it wit
Stacy Ross
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever to get the conclusion on the Cruel series. K.A Linde left us with major cliffhangers after each of the two previous books. Many people dislike cliffhangers and associate series or duets as standalone's in a world but that's not usually the case. I personally love cliffhangers, they give me a reason to want to read the next book, aside from wanting to get a glimpse at the characters I’ve fallen in love with.

The suspense was killing me and this book d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mr. Notting Hill (Mister, #6)
  • That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky, #2)
  • Forever and All the Afters
  • Married to My Enemy, Book Two (Taken, #3)
  • The Wolf and the Sheep (Wolf #1)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • The Skull Ruler (Skull #3)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • The Prenup
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Stay
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Cruel (3 books)
  • Cruel Money (Cruel, #1)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)

News & Interviews

The book gods, in their infinite kindness, have built second chances into the very structure of the modern distribution business. If you miss...