Start by marking “My Summer (with Robots)” as Want to Read:
My Summer (with Robots)

My Summer (with Robots)

Quinton Wyatt's summer break before high school should be nothing but wall-to-wall fun. Instead, his best friend has stopped talking to him; his fiendish older sister has filled his head with tales of a sadistic high school ritual called "The Freshman Stomp"; and his divorced father has started dating the city's most notorious barfly. Maybe a robot rabbit and a boy from ...more
Published September 22nd 2018 by Laughing Boy Fiction

To ask other readers questions about My Summer, please sign up.
Katherine Babiarz Nice I'll look forward to Part 2 really liked this book!

Start your review of My Summer (with Robots)
Noa
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think that this is a great coming of age story and I am IN LOVE with the main character. he's not afraid to be himself, which is something I really admire. this is an adorable story, and the only bad things I have to say about this is that there are some grammatical errors, and the due date for the sequel is far off.
Trey
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read a few of Marsh‘s books and I think I like this one best. Funny and a little nostalgic it’s a simple charming story and an easy read. Something we can all relate to, anxiety about starting high school and falling in love.
Katherine Babiarz
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second book I've read by this author and it was a departure from the first MEN IN THETREES, more of a memoir with some fantastical elements and quite funny. The story takes place in the last 70s where the protag (Quinten) is growing up in Tucson AZ. Told over the series of a few weeks, Quinten loses his best friend and reuintes with a boy who had a crush on him in the 6th grade , causing him to realize he was crushing hard back. This is apparently the first book in a series so I'll definitely ...more
Caden Price
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When did you fall in love for the very first time? For Quint it was in 6th grade and he didn't even know it. His scheming friend Monkey (not his real name) conspired to kill the friendship between Quint and TJ by spreading gay rumors. It worked but 2 yrs later Quint is regretting it and rethinking his friendship with Money too. What follows is a pretty hilarious look at being a gay teen in the 1970s and growing up in the suburbs of Arizona. Highly recommended.
Enno Karis
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ann
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover art caught my eye and the thought of spending a summer with robots sounded too good to miss. This humorous and colorful depiction of young Quint as he hurdles headlong into the vagaries of adolescence left me laughing and crying, as Myers perfectly captures the angst and anticipation that is growing up. I could taste the dry heat of the Tucson desert as Quint sought refuge from relationships in which he felt betrayed, and the cool refrain of monsoon rains as his heart opened to new ...more
Andrew
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly relatable story of anxiety leading up to high school which for the main character becomes even worse when his summer break falls apart. The narrator's voice is funny and distinct and it felt almost like a humorous memoir. Great fun to read!
Tina Koz
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The main character has a very full summer with all the betrayal, secret crushes, lost friends and flights of imagination. But plot, subplots, themes and a neighborhood full of interesting characters (and robots) mix beaufifully in this Ya book.
Joan Taggart
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
James
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The reviews on this are quite accurate. Not like any other YA book I've read. I funny memoir-esque tale with both fantasy and historical elements. Looking forward to the sequel(s) cuz I guess some are coming!
Christopher Stanford
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book can't wait for the sequel!
Brian Mitchell
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good funny book
Charlotte Stance
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witty and wonderful. The characters are so real feeling and sounding and the various themes and plots all blend wonderfully together.
Molly
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
a sweet inspiring and funny read for YAs and YAs at heart
Andrey L
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rodrigo Brooks
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a funny well written book. It went to places I wasn't really expecting but i enjoyed every page of it . Wish it was longer tho.
Ian Kerr
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny, at times sad, at other times very uplifting and inspiring. A great read for teens and non-teens alike!
Denise R
Apr 27, 2019
Tony Neyland
Jul 19, 2019
MY SUMMER WITH ROBOTS currently on sale at B&N 1 1 Mar 24, 2019 05:27PM
It's Black Friday and you can get deals on My Summer (with Robots) 1 2 Nov 23, 2018 07:28AM
Crazy for Young A...: NEW RELEASE: My Summer (with Robots) 1 5 Oct 08, 2018 07:34PM
cover art 4 4 Oct 07, 2018 08:46AM
Giveaway copies 2 3 Oct 05, 2018 11:03PM

• The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)
  • Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • Long Lankin (Long Lankin, #1)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Coming Home
  • The President's Daughter
  • Middlegame
Marsh Myers is a writer, artist, photographer, father to a pack of daredevil boys, and an unapologetic nerd.

He is the author of the young adult paranormal thrillers, His Life Abiding (2013) and The Men in the Trees (2014). In late 2016, he launched Dark & Fevered Dreams, a YA supernatural storytelling experience which combines graphic novels and online materials.

His third YA novel, My