Start by marking “Return to Summerhouse (Summerhouse #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to Summerhouse (Summerhouse #2)

Return to Summerhouse (The Summerhouse #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  4,501 Ratings  ·  332 Reviews
Magic most definitely resides in the Maine summerhouse where the mysterious Madame Zoya has granted the innermost wishes of its visitors. Now, three women have come to this special place with one thing in common: a painful past they would each like to rewrite. Amy, who hides a heartbreaking loss behind her seemingly perfect marriage and family...Faith, a widow in her thirt ...more
Published June 17th 2008 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Summerhouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Summerhouse

Kelli
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like Jude Deveraux and there are times when I LOVE Jude Deveraux. This though was not one of those times. I am not a book critic and I have never tried to be. I love to praise other people's work so I will start there. I liked the predesessor to Return to Summerhouse. I was fully statisfied by that book and I was so fond and attatched to those characters that when the book ended I could finally breathe again. This book however I did not have a firm grasp on the character nor could I actually f ...more
Daisiemae
Jun 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jude Deveaux fans
Recommended to Daisiemae by: www.queuemyreview.com
Have you ever wondered what kind of life you would be living if you had made a different choice? Would you be happier? Does the decisions you make effect those around you? What would you do if you had the chance to go back and change some choices you have made in your past? In Return to the Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux, we get to see what could happen if we could change our lives, knowing what we know now.

Amy is going through the motions of her life, and not doing a good job of it. With her pict
Carolyn
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deveraux-jude
I loved the first book. This second book topped it. Just wonderful!
Jessica
Jul 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book emphasizes the fiction in historical fiction. The three main characters (Amy, Faith and Zoe) travel back in time and space to eighteenth century England. (There is no real explanation of how Madame Zoya was able to send them back). In England, Amy meets Lord Hawthorne, an ancestor of her husband and the author, Nathaniel Hawthorne. This part really irked me because I don't think Deveraux did any research about the "Hawthorne" family. If you are going to reference a real family, shouldn ...more
Andreea Ilie
O călătorie în timp, șansa unică de a putea schimba destinul și puțină magie nu strică uneori nimănui, atunci când lupți pentru ceva ce îți dorești. Trei femei care sunt nevoite să se înfrunte pe ele înseși, pentru a-și continua viața: împăcate cu ele, făcând ceea ce le place și, mai ales, fericite, datorită alegerilor pe care le-au luat cândva.

Recenzie: https://bookysme.wordpress.com/2017/0...
Susan Feng
A light read incorporating themes of romance, time travel, and the power of female friendship. I was a huge fan of the first book of the series, and although the second does not quite live up to the first, it was still an enjoyable read.
Nicole
May 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are in need of an escape and in need to experience a world where rewriting the past is possible, then read this book. Jude Deveraux provides the reader yet again with the fantastic concept of taking back regrets. In Return to Summerhouse, three women meet yet again to the small town in Maine in Jeanne's Summerhouse. First, they are very reluctant and even despise the idea they may be considered part of "Jeanne's crazies." But when the ice is broken and they tell the reasons why they are t ...more
Katie
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so torn with this book! I did actually love it. I loved the first book, 5 stars hands down. This one has so much to love, but I was so disappointed that we really didn't get to see much of Zoe and Faith's past changes; that was what I had loved so much about the first one, that it showed each woman's issues as well as their changes (or not) to their current lives. I definitely enjoyed the longer span of Amy's past and the growth in all the characters because of it, but it would have been 5 s ...more
Martha
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book yesterday and stayed up a little beyond my norm last night to complete it. It was a very nice story and a wonderful escape for a few hours. It wasn't predictable to the usual extent books like this are, though I still like them as well. That was probably one reason I stayed up to finish it, I needed to put my curiosity to bed! lol!
I recommend this book and this author!
Manju
May 10, 2008 rated it liked it
2.5 not 3 - I did not like this book as much as i liked the first in the series - Summerhouse
Mainly because Amy's story was pretty weird - Faith and Zoe were good reads but the bulk of the story was about Amy.
Tory
Jul 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The going back to 18th Century England turned it from a sweet easy read to stupid.
Renae
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't recommend this book. It was just ok. The first book was a lot better - Summerhouse.
Kit Cat
Jan 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great book club accidental find. I did not expect this book to take such a supernatural type turn, but that made it all the more enjoyable!
Corie
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first in this series, in my opinion. I had to make myself finish it, after I had reached my 100 page rule.
Tammy
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
We all know the old saying " If I knew then what i know now I would have chosen Path B instead of path A". What we dont relize though is if we would have chosen that different path we wouldnt have the things or people that we have in our lives now.

This story is about three women that are sent to a summerhouse in Maine to work out their issues. Each one went through a tragedy in their life that is causing them to act out still today. Each of these women get a chance to go back in time for three w
Patricia Farnum
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read the first book years ago, but still remember it as if it was yesterday. This was a wonderful read. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. The three leading ladies were relatable, and the men were memorable. Miss Deveraux always manages to capture the human heart and its struggles so brilliantly. While there was mention of characters from the first book, it is my opinion that you don't have to have read the first book before diving in.
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Great Story Again

I Love this story as much as I loved book number one. I am jealous and would love to be able to go do this LOL. Really great plot and characters. I am glad I borrowed this book from my online Library. I cannot wait to read book #3 in this series.
Edie
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. It has romance, mystery and time travel. In many ways it reminded me of A Knight in Shining Armour. Jude Deveraux is a wonderful storyteller and i plan to read a lot more of her books!
Cheryl
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jude Deveraux, you have a new fan!

Time travel, a little magic, twists and turns now and then...to use your own words, a whopping good story!
Loved both Summerhouse books!
Kandyce
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. The ending was not what I expect from Ms Deveraux, but it was still a really nice ending.

Thanks for yet, another wonderful read!
Dona
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved how he author took the same theme as first book but changed it up alot to make this one even better.
Holly
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Absorbing and entertaining. Great beach/vacation read.
Patricia E Yarian
Wonderful story

Loved this story. Yes I know it's a follow-up of her previous story-she did a great job on the telling. Will and have recommended this author to many of my friends.
Cindy
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
really cute read
Jessie Jaye
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did not believe that the second book would be better than the first, but this one fit the bill (taking nothing from the first one (The Summerhouse), which was also excellent.)
Shawn
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m in time travel mode. Book 2 in the series was enjoyable.
Gracie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. She's a great writer and this is a favourite of hers for me!
Bev
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summerhouse

It was as entertaining as the first one was. I enjoyed the moment spent reading the book. You won't be disappointed
Meg
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel of the first book. But the set of characters are completely different except for the location where the magical stuff will happen. I like this better than the first book. The book was not confusing and it is written very well in a way that the readers will enjoy and understand from the beginning until the end. I can barely put the book down. I get excited and what will going to happen.

Have you ever wondered what life could you possibly have if you took a different path and fol
Erin
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I randomly picked this up at a local lending library. I was in the mood for something light that could be read on the beach. I ended up liking this more than I thought I would.

The main character is a woman named Amy that has lived the "perfect" life, but after suffering a miscarriage is unable to escape her depression. Her husband sends her to a house run by a therapist to recover. This is where the magic and time travel come into play. She goes back to the 1700's to try and change history and
  • The Penwyth Curse (Medieval Song, #6)
  • Marriage Most Scandalous
  • Once Upon a Midnight (Once Upon, #6)
  • Crown Jewel
  • The Summer I Dared
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Night (Bad Luck Brides, #4)
  • Night Visitor
  • Seducing Mr. Darcy
  • Much Ado in the Moonlight (MacLeod, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #12)
  • Shifting Love (The Foundation, #1)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux

The Summerhouse (3 books)
  • The Summerhouse
  • As You Wish

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome: A Novel
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99