Start by marking “What Is an Indian?” as Want to Read:
What Is an Indian?

What Is an Indian?

In this work Author is passionate about being an Indian. He feels that a
Published September 22nd 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about What Is an Indian?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Is an Indian?

Camelia Bhaskar
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is different. It talks more about social structure and talks successfully upon individual levels .
Which direction is our youth facing ? How do we all think ? Do we even try to think and analyze anything ?
. 🌿From faults of current education structure,Caste based differentiation ,Women's plight , youth heading towards destructive drug addiction,relationship problems with other gender,the hypocrisy of reality shows , Terrorism ,Show off pyschology to never ending Poverty , Hunger and Chi
Jannat Khan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title:What is an Indian?
Author:Tarundeep Singh

In this book,Author is passionate about being an Indian.He feels that a 'True Indian'is not a person but set of Traits and anyone who exhibits them is an Indian.
This book is a collection of personal thoughts and author believes if every citizen of this Country comes forward to deal with the issues then an Indian will be last human to live on this planet.

●This book talks about various things include Women's plight,Educational Infrastructure,Spiritual
Booxoul
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Have we ever stopped and asked ourselves that whatever we do, has a collective impact on India. Or that giving tax to our Government or raising a ruckus over the thing that our Government did is not our only duty towards India.

No, we need to do more!

I really like Tarun Deep’s writing style, crisp and to the point. This is my second book from the Author. When he asked me to review his second book, I grabbed the opportunity with both hands as his first book ‘The Journey – The traveler within’ was
Pooja Srivastava
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Without mental liberation, physical liberation is just a waste opportunity'
••••BOOK REVIEW••••
What is an Indian? By Tarun Deep Singh

#blurb : This book is a collection of thoughts given by the author on Patriotism or what make a person an Indian. He feels that a ‘True Indian’ is not a person but set of traits and anyone who exhibits them is an Indian. Author believes if every citizen of this country comes forward to deal with the issues then an Indian will be last human to live on this planet
Vidhya Thakkar
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
What Is an Indian? by Tarundeep Singh is divided into 10 chapters followed by subchapters Talking about India, Indian System and What is an Indian.

This book is detailed and well researched. The author aptly discussed each and ever
Mahesh Sowani
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘Ghalib it is just a good though to pamper oneself.’ Quotes Tarundeep Singh in his new book What is an Indian, while referring to independence. Are we really independent, is what he wants to ask. Indians and Americans he says are only concerned with race and financial status. But owing to the caste, religion, linguistic and many other diversities he says the Indian is more confused than the American. He says despite all the feminism, an Indian woman is still not accorded equality of status and o ...more
Kaushik Chakraborty
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is collection of personal thoughts and author believes if every citizen of this country comes forward to deal with the issues then an Indian will be last human to live on this planet.
In this work Author is passionate about being an Indian. He feels that a ‘True Indian’ is not a person but set of traits and anyone who exhibits them is an Indian. But before any one can posses those qualities the need is to overcome challenges at social, financial, national and global level.
Just like the
Amna Kouser
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
About the book :
The book is a collection of authors personal thoughts to know the need for various challenges at National (our duties for Nation) and personal level (our responsibilities to become better individual level to overcome as an Indian.
The author highlights the issues and the challenge faced by us like Education System, News, Indian Society, Western culture, cost of education, Terrorism, Youth and nightlife, Unemployment in India, Lack of interest in Good Literature, and Youth addictio
Folioscent
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝕱𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖔𝕾𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙
💠Book Name :- What is an Indian?
💠Author Name :- Tarun Deep Singh.
💠Genre :-
💠Title :- The title of the book is incredible and catchy.
💠Cover :- the cover of the book is simple.
💠 Pages :-
💠My point of view :-
🔺This book covers topics related to education, spirituality, women's plight, responsibilities, poverty, hunger, superstition, Caste differences, terrorism and many more.
🔺This book helps you to know more about the things happening around you and teaches you how to face them bravely.
🔺
Ayush Ayush
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book depicts the current social, economical and to some extent political landscape of our country India. Though the book is high with dose of philosophy, but in a true sense it explores the moral and ethical issues and challenges that have gripped our country. After reading this book I felt as we Indians are headed in a wrong direction, there is a lot of difference on number of aspects, youth getting spoiled in call centres, and in drugs etc.

Getting to the point, the book possess a very rel
Ashwani Sinha
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is an Indian
By - Tarun Deep Singh
It's Independence Day week and this is best to read at this time
____________________________________
On the first page itself author apologized, as he wrote, what he wanted to write, and not what reader wanted to read. He explores the area, no other author might interested mentioning.
This book is divided into 11 small chapters, which make it an easy read. But hold on, inspite of easy language and short articles, you need a good mind to consumes what he says.
N
Sabhyata Bhandari
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"What is an Indian"
By Tarundeep Singh.

As the title says, this book is all about essence of being an Indian.

This book has a powerful message, full of patriotism.The author discussed the problems, the solution, the struggle that the Indians face. About everything that concerns the people of India, the culture, the economy, and many more things. The author also gave a few tips, quotes and solutions to make India a better country.

The book is divided into chapters that dicuss about various issues p
Debabrata Mishra
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title - What is an Indian?
Author Name - Tarun Deep Singh
Publisher - Notion Press
Genre - Non - Fiction
Language - English
Format - Paperpack
🇮🇳 COVER & TITLE :- The cover of the book simple sober and have a design representing India's national flag. It contains the tricolor Orange White and Green. The title also enthusiastic which surely attract readers towards it.
🇮🇳PLOT :- This book about India and corresponding time change of India. This book contains 12 chapters.
1. Introduction
2. What is Indi
Saugata Chakraborty
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: Non-fiction
No. of pages: 197

The dedication of the book to Guru Teg Bahadur and the late grandmother of the author, Sardarni Satwant Kaur, who always taught him to be an Indian sets the tone for the text.

For Tarundeep, an Indian is not an individual but a set of traits that he believes will live longer than mankind itself. However, there is a big problem. This set of traits, as imbibed by our past generations and passed on to us, is now facing extinction. The folly, Singh observes, lies in
Diti Shah
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you were asked a question "What have you done for your country?", do you have any answer? Would you be stumped or do you have any answer?

This book will get you thinking about the way we are operating as a country. No, I don't mean in political sense, I mean the attitude we have. The author has done a great job with the book and with the message he wants to give. Covering various social topics, he gets across a strong message that somewhere we have progressed as individuals but we have reached
Ipshita Das
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What is an Indian?

It's a thought provoking and knowledge effective book. The author through this book shares his thoughts and what he believes actual Indian is. The cover of the book is simple yet related to the main theme of the book. The title is what catches all the attention. So this book will give you the idea of what a true Indian should be, what qualities one should possess and what one is lacking behind in order to become a real Indian.

The author has also mentioned various issues prevail
Kriti Sharma
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review #42
TITLE– What is an Indian??
AUTHOR– Tarun Deep Singh
GENRE– Fiction
PUBLISHER– Self Published
PUBLISHING DATE– 21 Sep 2018
LANGUAGE– English
FORMAT– Kindle
Length– 153 pages
PRICE– 100 INR

#QOTD – What makes you an Indian?

Hey, first of all hello all the lovely readers out there, here is a genuine review I want to share with you all.

This short read contains all the thoughts one deals with in his/her life being an Indian. Each & every penned down thought is presented well. Thoughts are portray
Udit Saxena
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Himani
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-2019-shelf
I have been in search of a book that can talk about present India and can speak of the problems that India is dealing with in today's world and the book was the apt one. The Book has so much to offer about Indians and how we have been stuck in the talks about our past and its glory that we have failed to mend our present. This book will talk about Indian society, its present social structure and the problems we have been facing presently. It will talk about the caste system still prevalent in In ...more
AANVI WRITES
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book for the title alone. It sort of aroused an urge in me to read and know what exactly it is about. The language is crisp with a good narration . The book not only discusses various topics like corruption, superstition, gender equality etc but also throws light on Youth Loneliness, addiction, the impact of western culture as well. The author emphasizes on the fact that one needs to bring in a change in one's thinking so as to advance the country's progress.

What I liked?
Each to
Ajayshankar11
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is about Indians for other people to know about us and for us Indians to be more informed/ knowledgeable. It is written by author Tarun Deep Singh. It speaks about various topics/burning issues/topics which are plaguing/challenging/facing individuals, people, societies etc mainly Indians.
Issues highlighted/addressed are women's plight, education, superstition, religion, calamities, child labour, drugs, terrorism etc.
What's nice about this book is the way it is organized each chapter
Meghna
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
India Stands for a Sovereign, Socialist, Secular, Democratic Republic.
India achieved Freedom from oppression, slavery and illiteracy, thanks to so many accounts of sacrifices and protests. But was it enough? Is it enough?
The constitution provides us Social, Economic and Political Justice... But do we really do justice to others?
We have Liberty of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship...
But we dedicate all our thinking towards superstitions; we only express jealousy; and we don't respec
Bhoomika Patel
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As its title, author talks about essence of being an INDIAN.
He has clarified what are the traits that one should have to be called as an INDIAN.
🌹
Book is devided into chapters that discuss about various issues prevailing in india And how we can overcome them. The author has talked about poverty, casteism, education system, Youth in India and many more.
🌹
Book gives clear picture of current India and shows what is an Indian who can solve it, and with list of values we must carry as an INDIAN.
I real
Fadila Kurickal
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A totally engrossing read.
The author have managed to bring the current day issues, in the day to day life of a common Indian, including corruption, educational issues and spiritual troubles.
Not just that, the author have managed to give his views in a manner that we all will start thinking about the change. Yes, he have made the change look so simple and can be done by us.
The language used by the author is lucid. The pace was fast and engrossing. The cover could've been different, but that's
Ananya
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
🚩Things I like:
♧This title is appropriate and gives us information about the contents inside.
♧Writing style is lucid.
♧Examples are mentioned to help us explain the facts.
♧Thoughts are well researched and appreciable.

🚩Things I didn't like:
♧Cover could have been better.
♧Connection with the contents was difficult.

Rating: 3.5☆/5.
Sashya Siddhartha
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without mental liberation, any other freedom is a waste of potential. This book provides an insight into the philosophical questions of society. It is absolutely a must read for all the proud citizens of this country.
Sonali Khan
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
INDIAN- Let that be your religion.
We probably are a country of rich culture and heritage. But are we really living up to our history?
This book is all about the problems that we face in our day-to-day lives. We only claim to be progressing but it only happens at superficial levels. It is very essential to understand the problems to find a solution to them, and this book does its best in that. It is written in simple language for people of all ages to grab and understand. All the points are nicel
Debjeet Mukherjee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"What is an Indian?" by Tarun Deep Singh is a book of reflections and personal insights on what traits a person should possess in order to call himself an Indian. The book throws light upon various aspects of society hinting on different insights to improve our standard of living. India is a country of diverse colors and tradition with over a billion people. Naturally, there are problems that need our attention for a brighter future. The author takes an impartial but optimistic approach in this ...more
Rainu Arora
Aug 26, 2019
Tarundeep Singh
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Review of Book: What is an Indian? 1 2 Oct 04, 2018 08:08AM
I am author of three books.
I have just started reviewing books.
Reach out to me if you are interested.
My Instagram Id is: @tarundeep2975
More you can found about me on my Webpage!!!