Start by marking “Minecraft Volume 1 (Graphic Novel)” as Want to Read:
Minecraft Volume 1 (Graphic Novel)

Minecraft Volume 1 (Graphic Novel)

The first Graphic Novel in the world of Gaming Phenomenon Minecraft!

Tyler is your everyday kid whose life is changed when his family has to move from the town he's always known. Thankfully, Tyler has a strong group of friends forever linked in the world of Minecraft! Tyler, along with his friends Evan, Candace, Tobi, and Grace have been going on countless adventures togeth
Published June 4th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Minecraft Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Minecraft Volume 1

Start your review of Minecraft Volume 1 (Graphic Novel)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This is absolutely going to be a must-read for anyone who loves Minecraft, but especially middle grade and early YA readers! As someone who has loved Minecraft for a long time but hasn't played it very recently, reading this totally made me want to dive into a new game. It's such a fun story, and it adds in some great additional elements, like how hard moving to a new place is, the way distance can affect friendships (and what we can do to help our friends not feel alone or neglected), and how v ...more
Tracey Mcd
I can’t rate this because I don’t know/care enough about Minecraft to determine its value. But my 3rd grader asked me to read it. Underneath the gaming stuff is a cute story about new and old friendships.
ale
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
if you enjoy middle grade graphic novels and playing minecraft you need to read this!! it’s so quick to read and the art is soooo pretty.
Jae
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So glad I was pressed into reading this by 9 and 10 year olds because wrapped up in the Minecraft package is a charming friendship story with queer characters!!
Heather
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Graley’s art is always cute but the story and characters, their “adventures” and interactions? Dull and unimaginative. Wish I’d have waited to get his at the library instead of rushing out for it for our son as soon as it was published. MEH.
Vanne
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David is net verhuisd en voelt zich nog niet thuis op zijn nieuwe school. Gelukkig heeft hij weer internet en kan hij op avontuur met zijn oude vrienden in de wereld van Minecraft. Ze bouwen aan een prachtig fort, verslaan een paar flinke monsters, en besluiten op weg te gaan naar de End om de Enderdraak te verslaan. Maar spelen zijn vrienden nou verder zonder hem?

Een vrolijk en vooral avontuurlijk stripverhaal over David en zijn belevenissen in Minecraft. Met veel leuke herkenbare details vanu
Michelle
Alright. For me personally this is a 3 at most. Mainly because I honestly have so many reservations about kids getting most of their social interaction via a video game. I also don't find the adventures within Minecraft particularly interesting. What did I expect though when this is a graphic novel literally about the game Minecraft?

What I do know though is that I know several kids that would greatly enjoy this book! And it had many positive aspects. The diverse cast of characters of every race
Candy
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chose to read this since graphic novels are popular and I was trying to pick out books for my brothers kids (think 5th grader). Minecraft is popular and the book had high ratings as well as being recommended as summer reading for kids that might not be that interested in reading.
This graphic novel literally about the game Minecraft. The graphics were nice. I really liked the page creation info after the story finished! The message about new and old friends was good ... "like how hard moving to
Yochi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read to my 5 year old who loves anything Minecraft. We're in a few novels right now, so it's nice having a book with pictures. Although I wouldn't say it's age appropriate, having the pictures is a nice addition, as the other chapter books we read are also not age appropriate and don't have photos. Side note... Why no Minecraft books for K-2? We read this in one sitting on my Kindle for tablet. Awesome drawings and a good story about relationships and a sweet group of friends. Interesting choice ...more
Jeri  Goins
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, although I have very limited Minecraft knowledge (=PARENT) I was able to follow the hero's quest okay.

I liked that the girls were the adventurers and the boys were happier at the base, working on building things. It seemed to me that they were a bit too young to be asking each other on "a date." On a closer inspection of the text, the kids' ages aren't ever specifically mentioned. I just assumed they were 3rd-5th grades. What do I know?

I read this for my library's first online kids
Trent Mikesell
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
My 7 year old son loved this, and I enjoyed reading it to him even though I have no interest in Minecraft. I didn't know anything about the controversy surrounding it, but it wasn't a big deal to me or my son. He said, "Dad, I didn't know girls could go on a date with each other," and I said, "Yep, they can" and we kept reading. I was all ready for some great conversations or questions, but he didn't bring it up again. I wish I could say the same about Minecraft. :(
Reian'sReads
Jul 07, 2020 added it
Shelves: adventure
Quick and Easy read—probably easier if you play Minecraft and know all the terms they are talking about. It’s clear this was meant for someone who is well versed in the game. As someone who doesn’t play Minecraft, it was difficult for me to care about anything they were talking about. I’ll have to see what my sister thinks and give a rating based on her opinions.
Destiny Henderson
No rating because it wouldn't be fair. I wasn't very interested in their journey, and I thought Tyler was being a bit unreasonable (but thankfully not a brat). There are some fun cartoony moments, but I think if I had played Minecraft, I would have enjoyed this more.
Michelle Halber
Cute book about how a boy is able to spend time with old friends online playing Minecraft after he moves away.

I actually thought the information about drawing and selecting panels was extremely interesting and valuable. It provides an opportunity for a lot of discussion.
Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super cute graphic novel. I think this would be good for most kids who are into gaming and are trying to get into reading (or if you're trying to get them into reading). Anyone who plays Minecraft should enjoy this. I loved it just based on Minecraft memories. :)
Geof
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute story. I can't imagine enjoying this if you're not familiar with Minecraft. There is a brief subplot that felt forced and extraneous to me, but young readers might enjoy this book.
CocoLoco
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
Wade
Apr 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Two girls dating in a graphic novel aimed at children. Ridiculous. No more of these.
Grant
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun read that focuses more on the relationships between the characters than the world of Minecraft.
Tina
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute comic about friendship, teamwork, video games and kicking dragon butt.
Mouse
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“It’s definitely amazing and I love it and think other kids should read it!” -Griffin (my 9 year old son)
Michelle
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
My son said this book rushed through the exciting bits and I think that's a fair assessment. The whole thing was over too quickly as the book is a bit too short.
C
A cute comic set in the Minecraft world for kids. A good example of team work.
GrlzCraft
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great Comic style book about kids who play Minecraft and want to kill the ender dragon! There is a lot more to this book than just killing the ender dragon, but it's a lot more fun to read yourself!
Emma
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This graphic novel is partly set in the real world but mostly set during a game of Minecraft. Tyler has moved house but keeps in touch with his old school friends when they play Minecraft online together. They go on quests in game and occasionally chat about their everyday lives. It was great fun and full of adventures. I would recommend it whether or not you've played Minecraft before (I haven't). The art is excellent too!

[Free ARC from Edelweiss+]
Emily K
I don't even play Minecraft, and I love this book! It's that good!
Amatullaah Tyler
Apr 26, 2020
Mandy
May 01, 2020
HowardHomeEd
Jun 07, 2019
Arya Sardesai
rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Minecraft: Stories from the Overworld (Graphic Novel)
  • Enter the Mine (PopularMMOs, #2)
  • Minecraft: The Crash (Official Minecraft Novels, #2)
  • Glitch
  • Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
  • Quest for the Golden Apple (An Unofficial Graphic Novel for Minecrafters, #1)
  • Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • All the Pieces Fit (Hilo, #6)
  • Big Nate: Revenge of the Cream Puffs
  • Garfield's Big Fat Hairy Adventure
  • Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
  • Minecraft: Wither Without You (Graphic Novel)
  • Big Nate: Thunka, Thunka, Thunka
  • A Hole New World (PopularMMOs, #1)
  • Minecraft: The Island (Official Minecraft Novels, #1)
  • The Ender Eye Prophecy (An Unofficial Graphic Novel for Minecrafters, #3)
  • Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure