Start by marking “Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business” as Want to Read:
Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business

Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business

What type of business should you start?

For the past 10 years, Inc. 500 CEO and #1 national best-selling author, Ryan Levesque--featured for his work in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, and Entrepreneur--has guided thousands of entrepreneurs through the journey of answering this question.

One of the biggest reasons why so many new businesses fail is because in the
Published April 30th 2019 by Hay House Business

Start your review of Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business
Cameron Jones
Title and description are misleading, Book is full of fluff.

This book bills itself as a general book for entrepreneurs, but in actuality it is specifically geared toward people who want to start a business selling educational/expertise guides online. The information in the book seems relevant to that business model, but the descriptions around the book mislead potential buyers into thinking the book is intended for a much broader audience than it is. Upon reading the book, I find that Mr. Levesq
Colleen
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book came at a perfect time for me. I've been looking at various opportunities to start my own business, my own firm, business with friends, etc. As it happens, Choose focuses on entrepreneurial opportunities related to selling "expertise and education." If you are looking to choose other types of entrepreneurial endeavors, this book may not be as valuable. However, this is the area for a couple of business ideas that I just started pursuing. Levesque has some good, pragmatic ideas for find ...more
Eric Leszkowicz
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pedro Jacob
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Choose' is full of straight-to-the-point practical advice that you can use to test your business ideas. The method Ryan designed can predict which markets are just right for you and which ones you should steer clear of. I wish I had Ryan had written these books 10 years ago so I could have avoided wasting three years of my life getting a useless business degree!
Chris Mchenry
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice framework for selecting a business idea and market to focus on. Some of the methods seemed rather simplistic, but perhaps that's the genius in them? I was a bit disappointed that the book was so focused on Info products. Conventional wisdom is that is a great place to start, but I was looking for info on SaaS products.
Karen Briscoe
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Choose is essential to business success and the key to implementing Ryan's ASK method. I had the pleasure of interviewing Ryan for the 5 Minute Success podcast where he shared Secrets of Choosing the Right Market Revealed. Karen Briscoe, author and podcast host 5 Minute Success
Uche Okorie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book. Love the concepts. Very implementable... especially if you want to start an online business.
Ryan
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very tactical
Ross Heinricy
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent book written especially for those who are entrepreneurial at heart. A game changer with a perspective by someone who has tasted success many times over.
Yann LG
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Basically: create your business in "teaching". The authors seems to have an amazing experience of entrepreneurship but I don't want to :)
Andrew
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great system to narrow down your target market.
Gianfranco Torino
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book filled with tactical advice, this is surely a book that you will not read fast as you should definitely do everything in order.

It's a great book, will most definitely read ASK
Viviane Veronica
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a few take aways from this book. But the irritating part is that, the author keeps using his own expertises as examples repeatedly.
Enrika Greathouse
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty insightful especially the SEO research tactics used.
Hany Fahmy
Some new idea

I got some new ideas from this book , but they could be summarized in an article , so it is slightly boring
Corey
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Summary:
I listened to this as an audiobook and the author was the narrator. He sounds uncannily like Ryan Reynolds and that definitely influenced my rating. Nothing is as motivational as Ryan Reynolds giving you sound business advice with some motivational information too. Choose kind of acts as a prequel to Ask despite being released afterwards in the sense that Ask shows you how to sell to customers, where as Choose shows you how to choose a market in the first place. It has really valuable ad
James
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent enough primer if you're inexperienced or looking to start an 'info' business... however, far too basic for anyone with any experience or looking to start a business that's not online or 'knowledge' based.

I was really hoping to find more thorough market testing analysis than Google Trends, but hey, the book is ~$15 so what can you expect. For the vast majority looking to start a business, this will be insightful; everyone else, it's largely skippable.
Stephen Ray
Vedran
Jun 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • The Miracle Equation: The Two Decisions That Turn Your Biggest Goals from Possible, to Probable, to Inevitable
  • Will It Fly?: How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don't Waste Your Time and Money
  • Superfans: The Easy Way to Stand Out, Grow Your Tribe, And Build a Successful Business
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days
  • Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal
  • What Would the Rockefellers Do?: How the Wealthy Get and Stay That Way, and How You Can Too
  • Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat
  • 100 Side Hustles: Ideas for Making Extra Money
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • The 1% Rule: How to Fall in Love with the Process and Achieve Your Wildest Dreams
  • Persuasion Secrets of the World's Most Charismatic & Influential Villains