Start by marking “One Summer in Paris” as Want to Read:
One Summer in Paris

One Summer in Paris

"Morgan is a masterful storyteller... For fans of Jojo Moyes, Taylor Jenkins Reid, and Stacey Ballis"

-Booklist Review on One Summer in Paris

USA TODAY bestselling author Sarah Morgan returns with this heartwarming novel about the power of friendship, love and what happens when an ending is just the beginning...

To celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, Grace has p
Published April 9th 2019 by Hqn

To ask other readers questions about One Summer in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer in Paris

KAS
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Are you searching for a light hearted, well written women’s fiction read, with a smidge of romance and a dash of humor on the side? Look no further.

Betrayed and bewildered, Grace, whose marriage is over, plans to spend a month alone in Paris. She originally booked the trip as a surprise for her husband to celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, but the surprise was on Grace, as he asks her for a divorce.

Very independent, strong willed and eighteen years of age, Audrey, has never felt l
Paromjit
I read a lot of bleak, dark and disturbing fiction and non-fiction, and every now and then it means I have a real need for something light, well written and which is just pure entertainment, and for this purpose, Sarah Morgan serves as the perfect antidote to my normal reading fare. Her latest novel takes us to the beautiful and romantic location of Paris. Grace Porter is in her late forties, living in Woodbrook, a small picture perfect town in Connecticut, where everyone knows everyone. She is ...more
Berit☀️✨
An enchanting tale of amour et amitié, set in the city of lights!

Sarah Morgan Rights such beautiful stories that completely ensnare my heart! This book was such a treat, amazing characters, a gorgeous setting, and a heart felt plot. The story was so real and raw, full of emotion and hope. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to spend their summer living above a bookshop in Paris?

Grace is a planner, and she has planned the ultimate surprise. A trip to Paris for her husband and herself for their 25th we
Theresa Alan
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read two depressing nonfiction books in a row, so I was in need of a light, fluffy read, and this cute book was what I needed. Dyslexic Audrey goes to Paris to get away from her alcoholic mother. Grace had planned a trip to France to celebrate her wedding anniversary, only to learn that her husband has been having an affair with a much younger woman. So Grace goes to Paris on her own and befriends Audrey, helping her with her French. Together, they help each other find romance and adventure an ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
I recently read The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan and was completely swept up in her storytelling. I could not wait to read One Summer in Paris! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Grace and her husband are celebrating twenty-five years of happy marriage, and she plans a surprise trip to Paris as an anniversary gift.

Only her husband has a surprise of his own, a devastating one. He’s filing for divorce. Grace makes an emboldened decision to take the trip to Paris by herself.

Audrey has her own heartbreaking story and
"Now go and write your own story, and don't forget the actions."
Grace's husband announces his affair on their 25th wedding anniversary, and their anniversary vacation reservation is now for one.

18-year-old Audrey has been gravely parentified by her alcoholic mother but a new man in her mother's life gives her a reprieve, and she finally has the opportunity to start a life of her own.

Two women.

An inspiring Paris setting that promises new stories for them both.

A bump in the road brings thes
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awesome story of love, life, and change.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just love it when I pick up a book that is so different than what I expected. This is the first time reading this author and I really had no clue about her style of writing or the stories that she tells.

What I found was a beautiful story about life. We all have trials and tribulations. We have beautiful moments and sometimes moments that truly suck. The author depicted this roller coaster perfectly in this story.

She takes a shocking sit
Zoe
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pensive, uplifting, and delightfully addictive!

One Summer in Paris is a heartwarming, compelling tale that takes you on a journey to the magical City of Lights and into the lives of the middle-aged, newly single Grace and the young, unsettled Audrey as they discover together the importance of taking chances, accepting change, embracing the future, and finding contentment.

The prose is amusing and polished. The characters are complex, quirky, authentic, and endearing. And the plot is a beguiling s
Hannah
After reading the last in my favourite series I Heart I needed a book I knew I could easily get into. Sarah Morgan never fails to grip me from page one with excellent characters and writing style.

I liked how the theme to this book was friendship. Between two women of different ages who without a summer in Paris would never have met. I love how they first meet when Audrey stops a mugger getting Grace's bag Audrey and Grace both excellent lead characters. Grace is having problems with her husband
Pauline
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan is a story of two women. Grace who’s husband who wants to divorce her after 25 years of marriage, and Audrey who is desperate to leave home and lead her own life. The women start an unlikely friendship as they try to start new beginnings.
Unfortunately this is not my usual read and the story did not hold my interest.
I would like to thank NetGalley and HQ for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
Thank you to Harlequin publicity for my copy! All opinions are my own! This book was so enjoyable! It was light and just what I needed. It takes us to Paris. Grace had planned a 25th wedding anniversary trip for her and her husband David to go to Paris. That same day, he decides to break the news to her that he wants a divorce. The way this goes down made me feel so sad for Grace! She decides to go on her own, and try to find herself again. Then we have Audrey, a young girl from London. She is d ...more
Amy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re like me and have always dreamed of spending a summer in Paris but can’t ever quite make it work then this sweet book may be the next best thing! Not only was I totally captivated by both of the main characters and their individual stories, I felt truly swept away to Paris myself.

This is told from both Grace and Audrey’s point of view as they are both at a sort of a crossroads in their lives. Although they are years and miles apart living totally different lives, when they have a chance
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
This is my first book by Sarah Morgan and I really enjoyed it.
Honestly speaking, I wanted to read this book because there was the word Paris in it hahaha. Luckily for me, this book was such a delight to read!

Considering that the book is set in Paris which gave this storyline such an inviting magic. Grace and Audrey's story is one that is absolutely heartfelt.

One Summer in Paris is a book on heartbreak, embracing change and flourishing, it's about friendship... but most of all, it's about life an
Andrea
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Two things

1. We are headed to Paris this summer & here’s why: (Not that anyone needs an excuse to visit Paris!!)
My first baby is starting his senior year of high school this fall. Super scary thought for this mama. It’s like I can hear the relentless ticking of the clock, counting down his childhood with us. And if this beautiful life we are living is so short, perhaps we ought to do it differently? So, my husband and I finagled it. Squirreled away money, bit by bit, and have made family ti
Billie
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Be warned, there shall be much swearing.

What. The. Ever-Loving. Actual. Fuck.
Are you fucking kidding me?

(view spoiler)
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If only I had known how addictive and how much I was going to be pulled into this story, I would have waited to read it for when I could give it my undivided attention. Well I was intending to read it on holiday, but my finger slipped and once I have a Sarah Morgan open on my kindle, I'm not closing it again until I have read it!

From very early on, there were many moments that had me giving mini gasps and had me reaching for the next chapter, eager to know what would happen next. Whenever I was
Karen Whittard
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What drew me into this book in the first instance, other than being written by an author that I absolutely love and would recommend to all. Is the stunning front cover. I mean it is beautiful. I can imagine myself walking the streets of Paris, eating a cake from a patisserie and enjoying a Parisian summer.

Then I read the bio on the back and I knew that this book would be absolutely perfect for me.

This book is a little bit different to Sarah’s previous books, it’s grittier and the characters ha
Janine
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, kindle, romance
What’s not to love about a book based in a Paris Bookshop. Realistic characters and events. Light and easy to read.
Shelby
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace is happy with her life. After 25-years of marriage, she’s still madly in love her husband. They live in a small, East Coast town where they’ve known everyone for years. Their daughter, Sophie, is ready to head off to college on the West Coast next fall. Grace spends her days teaching at a local school and a French course to her grandmother and other senior citizens at an elderly facility. For her and her husband’s 25th anniversary, Grace decided to buy them a month-long vacation to none ot ...more
Amy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

On the surface this book appears to delve deeply into the lives of two very different opposite women. Everything from age, social background, country, circumstances. However as the story develops, and this one most certainly does - the differences seem to melt away and an unlikely friendship is formed.

Both Grace & Audrey arrive in Paris at almost the same time. Both escaping their regular run of the mill lives that are so suffocating, the only way out seems to be to go to France.

A
Paula Sealey
I always look forward to a new book from Sarah Morgan as I love her skill at combining interesting characters with romance. Sadly, I wouldn't add this book to one of my favourites by her. It was a quick read, perfect for spending an afternoon with, but I didn't really connect with either of the two main characters and found the story a touch slow in places. The ending ties the various threads of the story up nicely, but maybe a little too predictably for my liking. A good read, but not one I'd r ...more
Amanda McGill
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, netgallery
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

One Summer in Paris gets an extra star for having the perfect setting of Paris. The author did a wonderful job of setting the scene. I could easily picture Paris, walking the streets and envisioning the sights.

I loved both of the main characters – Grace, who is grieving the end of her 25 year marriage and Audrey, a 18 year old who is still discovering who she is. I loved their interactions and their friendship that they build.

This isn’t the perf
Teresa
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little hesitant when I first started this book, because I knew it was different from what I'd come to expect from Sarah Morgan. But I ended up being unable to put it down. It was a story about two women at vastly different stages in life. There is an almost 30 year age difference, but when they meet, a near instant friendship is formed. And it was this friendship, and their journey as characters, that made me glad I picked this one up. I loved the way they helped and changed each other. ...more
Leah Nadeau
Good book to read if you like Paris and can relate to divorce, alcoholic mothers, dealing with the guilt of death, ex boyfriends, the womanly instinct to protect her child, and the natural need for an organized well planned out life.

What I really liked about this book was the ending - it was something that was probably very difficult for Sarah Morgan to write but she succeeded where most other authors would fail. It was a risky move on her part but I just felt like it was so real and authentic,
Fabulous Book Fiend
I always look forward to reading a new novel by Sarah Morgan. They invariably have such great settings. When I found that this story takes place in Paris, my imagination went immediately to romance, music, amazing food and wonderful scenery. That’s what I found, encasing a beautiful story of a most unlikely friendship and enduring love.

The story revolves around two strong women from very different backgrounds. Grace finds after twenty-five years of marriage that her husband no longer wants to be
Lori
I really enjoyed this one. Right up until the very end. And that's just personal preference. I think some people are really going to love how it ends and some people are going to hate it. I can understand the feelings behind it but it just wasn't for me. But up until that point, I was really enjoying it.
The most important part of this book is the friendship that develops between the two main characters, Grace and Audrey. It was lovely and really inspiring. The two women are complete opposites b
Kathryn
Delicious story of an unusual friendship, mid life marriage crisis, the effect of alcoholism and a dusty bookshop. And of course a summer in Paris. Lost and found love and new love. Sarah Morgan does it again.
Lara
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Donna Hines
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
The relationships we forge can last a lifetime especially those connected through the most unusual of circumstances.
Here we have a relationship between Audrey a 40 yo recently single living within the confines of marriage and her neighbor 18 yo Grace whose a misfit living life on the wilder side.
Now Audrey confirms that her husband of 25 yrs seeks divorce all while she's on the verge of celebrating their anniversary alone in Paris.
How did they get here and can they go back or do they even want t
Elaine
Oh, boy, was this another amazing read from this highly talented author. Mind you, i really didn’t time my reading of it well . . . . Grace will soon have been married to her husband, David, for twenty five years…. (snap). She’s planned a special holiday to celebrate their anniversary (snap) . Fortunately, that’s where the similarities end. The David in the story confesses to wanting a divorce, after an affair with a 23 year old family friend (I was on holiday with my husband when I read it!)

Aud
Nancy Gideon By M...: One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan- May 2019 15 11 May 13, 2019 11:48AM

• The View from Alameda Island
  • Life and Other Inconveniences
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Swimming for Sunlight
  • All the Wrong Places
  • Before She Was Found
  • Dangerous Beauty (Dangerous Beauty, #1)
  • My Ex-Best Friend's Wedding
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • Missing Daughter
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • Maybe This Time
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Midnight at the Wandering Vineyard
  • Hot to the Touch (Brotherhood by Fire, #1)
  • Her Secret Son
  • The Memory House
  • Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3)
About Sarah

USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes romance and contemporary women's fiction and her trademark humour and warmth have gained her fans across the globe. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

ONE SUMMER IN PARIS, a story of change, love and friendship, is out now!

Join Sarah on Facebook: https://www.f
“There’s nothing safe about love. Commitment takes bravery because there is every chance you’ll be badly hurt. Not ever getting involved, just moving from one experience to the next—that’s the safe choice.” 0 likes
“Bad choices are part of life, aren’t they? Doesn’t mean your next choice can’t be a good one.” 0 likes