Start by marking “Little Lunch: Triple Treats” as Want to Read:
Little Lunch: Triple Treats

Little Lunch: Triple Treats

(Little Lunch #1)

Three bite-size stories kick off a series based on a popular TV show about all the fun (and maybe a little trouble) that happens at snack time.

Little Lunch -- aka snack time -- is only fifteen minutes long, but it's always full of surprises. In this trio of tales, Rory forgets his snack and does something that shocks everyone, Battie thinks he might have ruined Grandparent
Published June 11th 2019 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Little Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Lunch

Start your review of Little Lunch: Triple Treats
Alyssa Drake
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have an odd sense of humor. I enjoyed the little quips and comments the kids made throughout the stories. However, the humor was lost on my son. Although he did enjoy the pictures, I had a hard timing getting him into the stories. We ended up breaking them into three different reading days. I think, when he's older, he will appreciate the stories more. I would definitely read more of these books.
J.L. Slipak
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS:

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

So this is an interesting little book. Strangely enough, it brought back a few memories of my own childhood, in particular, a food fight I ended up in the middle of. So I must share:

I was in high school, grade nine. The night before, my mom and I had gone shopping for new clothes. Naturally, I wore them the next day to school. So there I was, having lunch in the cafeteria, finishing up and waiting on my next class to start. I deci
3queensread
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hey, Whatcha doing'? Everybody's movin'. It's time for Little Lunch. Sorry. I couldn't help myself but to sing the Little Lunch theme song as soon as I saw the covers to this book.

Little Lunch: Triple Threat is the first book in a series based on the Australian show of the same name. Little Lunch is what we in the States would call recess but with a morning snack. The book contains 3 short stories which are based on the episodes in the show. The book starts by introducing 6 primary school frien
Sue Poduska
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Silliness ensues in this adaptation of three stories from the Australian television series, Little Lunch. In a gentle way, life lessons are underscored, while the reader laughs along with the classmates. Illustrations are lively ink drawings on nearly every page, enabling even more engagement. Watch for more episodes and for more syndication of the television show.
Linda Klein
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three boisterous stories about kids in school. The characters are thoroughly likable. A good book to recommend for those starting beginning chapter books. Funny illustrations throughout. Large font, and comes in at 100 pages.
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
DarkRaven Reviews
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic start to an amazing series. Fun characters and fun storylines all bundled into one. Cannot wait to read more from this author.
Paige Soule
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute simple text, three stories. Good for high interest lower level readers
Earl
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not quite sure how I felt about this book. I laughed at certain parts. There was an overall feel of things not quite meshing. But I think kids who enjoyed The 13-Story Treehouse will enjoy this series also from Australia where snack time or recess is called "little lunch."
Ellie
May 06, 2019
That One Librarian
Sep 30, 2019
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
Jun 25, 2020
In the states it is known as recess. In Australia apparently recess is known as little lunch. It is that mid-morning break that kids in elementary school get, before the main lunch time. It is only 15 minutes long. This is the first in a series of books about the adventures that the kids happen to get into in that short 15 minute break.

There are lots of pictures. And there are lots of silly, but plausible things that happen.

This book has three stories. One is about what happens when Rory forgets
Christine
is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2020

• Beverly, Right Here
  • Finding Dorothy
  • Barracoon: The Story of the Last "Black Cargo"
  • The Breakaways
  • My Grandma and Me
  • The Echo Park Castaways
  • Hooray for Women!
  • Everyone Brave is Forgiven
  • Rocket Man: The Mercury Adventure of John Glenn (Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (Awards))
  • If You Played Hide-And-Seek with a Chameleon
  • Give Me Back My Bones!
Danny Katz is a Canadian-born, Jewish Australian columnist and author who writes for The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald newspapers. His columnn is also syndicated in The West Australian. He is the Modern Guru in the Good Weekend (Sydney Morning Herald) magazine. He is also known as the author of the award winning children's book series, "Little Lunch", published by Black Dog Books and features ...more

Little Lunch (2 books)