Start by marking “Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)

Getting Off Easy

(Boys of the Big Easy #4)

𝘼 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙮 𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩, 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚!

New Orleans firefighter, James Reynaud’s true love is hanging out in the jazz clubs on Frenchmen Street and playing piano with some of the best musicians in the city. But driving his cute, bookworm neighbor Harper Broussard crazy is right up there on his list of favorite things.

The buttoned-up linguistics professor across the
Published January 14th 2020

Start your review of Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #4)
J Williams
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic addition to this series!!

When James Reynaud, firefighter, musician, over all gorgeous, funny guy meets the one woman in all of New Orleans he can't impress, sparks fly. Especially since prim and proper Professor Harper Broussard is trying really, really hard to NOT be impressed by her charming neighbor. Circumstances (helped by James) keep throwing them together and suddenly they are a lot more than just neighbors.

I stayed up way too late reading this book! I loved everything
Erin Nicholas
Nov 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm SO excited to have Getting Off Easy done and almost out in the world! This is the fourth book in the Boys of the Big Easy series and I was thrilled to go back to this world! If this is your first Boys of the Big Easy story, no worries! You won't be lost at all-- they each stand alone! If you've been to New Orleans with my hot single dads and sassy single moms, then you know that this book will have lots of funny moments, steamy moments, and heartwarming moments! (and yes, you'll get to see ...more
Princess Thuy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! Looks like this will be my last read book of 2019 and let me tell you, it was an amazing one. I cannot get enough of Harper and James. They are just so freaking cute together. They made me laugh and smile throughout the whole story. I want me some James. I love all the ways he tries to get Harper involved with his life. They're both such sweethearts. I love them so much. And then when he comes to her door with a baby? Just wow. I love the road they took together to solve the mystery of ...more
Fedora
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gaaah, gggnnn... urgh. WOWZA!!! You know when something has you so happy and excited and satisfied that you can't even come up with *any* words, much less THE words that express how incredible you feel? Yeah, Getting Off Easy, the fourth book in Erin Nicholas's Boys of the Big Easy series is all that.

The Boys of the Big Easy series has followed a group of single parents in New Orleans who've stumbled into, been seized by, or slowly acquiesced to love, and each story has been deeply fulfilling.
Cathy Andrews
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Erin Nicholas does not disappoint! James and Harper are fun, sexy, hot characters that you can't help but fall in love with immediately. A perfect ending to an amazing series, although I always hate to see a series I love come to an end.
BookAddict
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whenever a new Erin Nicholas book is released into the universe, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in my life screeches to a halt, and my eyes, heart and soul greedily soak up every word. My apologies to the book I was in the middle of reading and ditched, to the other books that had top priority and got pushed aside, and to my bed that I left cold and alone for a night.

The Boys of the Big Easy is one of my all-time favorite book worlds, so I was eagerly anticipating returning there with James
Doni
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book!
It's an incredible story that is
captivating, funny, steamy & moving.
Erin Nicholas, has done it again.
She's given us another Boys of the Big Easy story & couple, to fall in love with.
James Harper, are perfect together.
It will hook you from the beginning to
the end, wanting to know what happens next. Another great story in the series.
A MUST READ!!
Diane Boyle-Mather
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cheri
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adorable. Funny. Steamy. Touching.

Have you ever just melted seeing a big-hot guy holding a sweet little baby? I have and so has Harper. She's older and smarter, reads romance books, and can't let her hot fireman, jazz playing, neighbor know how she feels. They have been working on this flirty help me out please deal for six months and its time...until instead of a dog, lizard or more he's there with a baby boy someone left on his doorstep. Just remember the words "best wingman ever".

James knows
Courtney Kinder
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Getting Off Easy was such an awesome read!
It has a sexy, "go with the flow" firefighter and a professor who loves organization. What's not to love.
James and Harper are a great team. I love that they grew together and that they both took care of others just in different ways. Seeing more of the past characters was great. Loved this series!
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Erin Nicholas Fans, Romance
4.5 Love Really is Easy Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Erin Nicholas has a way...She just knows how to capture the reader from the first page of her works and this book was no different. When she sent out her newsletter about Getting Off Easy she suggested a game for us to play...
"James Reynaud has a lot of great things going on!
In this game, each of these details is worth $1... BUT...you’ve only got $5. Which things do you keep?

Musician, Firefighter, Cute Dog, Dirty Talker, Takes Care Of
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

James Reynaud is half in love with his too good for him, too smart for him neighbor, Harper Broussard. He loves digging beneath her prim outer facade and seeing her blush, seeing her soften toward him every time he manufactures a reason for knocking on her door with another request for help. Somehow, someway, they've developed a friendship based on her helping him care for things, for pets, while he's on shift at the fire station, but it just may be too big a request to ask for her help with
Lara
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Rating: 4.5

This was a fun and easy read! We've seen James in the other books, but we're only introduced to the idea of Harper in the previous book, Nice and Easy. (She was off-page.) From that one scene I knew I wanted more of this couple's banter, and I'm so pleased that the author felt the same way!

Harper is smart and accomplished, yet still has a fun and playful side - even if she didn't see it in herself. In fact, she didn't see herself the way everyone else did - as someone who could be
Donna Smith
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can I start by saying I want to say all the things about this book? I know I can’t since that would defeat the purpose of you (reading this) to read the book. I can say that I fell for James. No big surprise if you’ve ever read any of Erin Nicholas’s heroes. Not only is he a fireman (swoon) but he plays piano in a jazz band ( double swoon). How can any woman resist? Then to knock on the neighbor’s door and need help? Triple swoon!!! Does it matter what he needs help with? Not really but Harper ...more
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
First, I have to say a huge “THANK YOU” to author Erin Nicholas for adding this book into the Boys of the Big Easy series! I probably say this every time I review one of her books, but this may be my new favorite! Fun, hot, firefighter and college professor…YES PLEASE!!!

From the moment Harper Broussard got the first knock on her door (located across the landing from James Reynaud) and she gave him an assignment to write a research paper…their “relationship” began. Not like a “relationship”
Jessie
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I finish a story by this author, I think “Wow...it can’t get better than that!” Well let me tell you it does.

James makes me swoon and laugh. Harper is one heck of a smart, classy Professor. Getting these two together has some funny moments. James comes up with some good excuses to enlist help from his sexy neighbor across the landing in their apartment building. A ficus aka olive tree he’s been given to take care of; a dog that’s left at the fire station; and last, but not least, a
Isha Coleman
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Getting Off Easy (Boys of the Big Easy #4) by Erin Nicholas

A heart and a sense of humor are all you need to enjoy an Erin Nicholas novel. Getting Off Easy is an adorable kind of chaos. Harper and James are a nerdy dash of sweet with a subtle hint of sexy. From first meeting to final goodbye, this mismatched duo pulls at the senses in a delightful sort of way. Nicholas gives a beautiful disaster, a heartwarming spit shine to remind us that sweet is the best kind of sexy.
Erin Lewis
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Getting Off Easy (Boys Of The Big Easy #4) by Erin Nicholas
Oh how I loved being back with the Boys of The Big Easy. I loved the characters of firefighter, James Reynaud and professor Harper Broussar, neighbors who are drawn to one another. James loves to tease and torment Harper and that led to quite a few humorous encounters. Harper is determined not to be impressed by the oh so hot firefighter and I loved her spirit.
James is such a caring and swoon worthy man who ticked all the
Victoria Weston
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to reading this book and I really like this author's writing style. This book is the 4th in the series of Boys of the Big Easy.

This book is a quick read and I absolutely loved James and Harper's story and seeing where it was going to take them.

James is a fire fighter, he's a very talented man and he's also a cheeky chappie, flirty guy, who always does what's right.
People would leave things on his doorstep for him to care for.
He'll help out absolutely anyone weather
Margie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Harper Broussard doesn't know quite what to think about her across-the-hall neighbor, firefighter, jazz musician and all-around-good guy James Reynard. He's super sexy and funny and seems to need a lot of help from her. He knocks on her door and asks her what she knows about ficus-ing. Ficus-ing? Harper is a linguistics professor and she knows one thing for sure - ficusing is not a word. Plus James' "ficus" tree is actually an Arbequina olive tree. Next appearance is about the bearded dragon ...more
Leann McKay
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a book!

Dragons, doggies, beignets and a baby! You get it all Cajun style. Erin Nicholas is a master of single parent romances! This book not only makes you fall in love, it makes you laugh, tear up,and is oh so realistic!
A must read!!!!
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Brace yourself. You will 100% be losing your heart to James and Harper. I don’t think I’ve ever read a story that was filled with so much sweetness! There were so many moments that were overflowing with so much love it felt like my heart was going to burst from happiness while I was reading.
James and Harper might appear to be the text book definition of opposites but their hearts are two perfectly matched puzzle pieces. These two are so selfless and giving in so many different ways I can’t even
TMR
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 17/18
Note: An ARC was given generously by the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. Plus this a series. Although this can be read as a standalone, advice would be to read other stories in the series too to understand the backstories.

The redeeming qualities:

The cover, oh so darn hot, hot, hot!

The summary, about a firefighter younger man trying to impress his neighbour next door for the past 6 months but unsuccessful so far. And a baby drops in, and he asks for her help again and
Michelle Pierce
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book. I liked how the story started and then took us back to the months prior to James and Harper and their 'relationship' and the day that would change things for both of them, in many different ways. I’ve always enjoyed Harper when we’ve heard about her but when we get more Harper and James – yes, please. No matter the slight age gap between these two, these are two people who should definitely be together. I liked how James was right in the situation from the beginning and ...more
Shannon Ferguson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was EVERYTHING. James and Harper were amazing together, but the depth of emotions I felt while reading takes this book to a completely different level. I laughed at their antics, fell in love with these two, and there were moments of ugly crying. Erin Nicholas is my absolute favorite author, but the twists in this book have taken her writing to an entirely new level that will not disappoint! If you buy one book this year, this needs to be it!!!
Bibliophagist
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

James is a firefighter in New Orleans, a city that he loves being a part of. James is always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. When the professor moves in, across the hall, James is immediately smitten. She's nothing like any of the other ladies James has been with but maybe that's part of her allure. He sets out to get to know her in some amusing ways.

Harper is a quiet woman. She's very organized and never met a schedule she didn't like. She's a language professor at Loyola and
Flo Grugel
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great addition to the series, I loved James, he was so sweet and swoon!
Fab, fun, easy read
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Author Erin Nicholas has always had the uncanny knack of writing series that prove that you don’t have to be related to be a family; The Boys of the Big Easy series is no different and in Getting Off Easy she really brings that to the forefront. This book was in my opinion a bit different from the other books in this series in many ways, and it took me a bit longer than normal to really get into this book, but by the end I was completely in love with these characters, their relationship, and ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh hell yes...
That's what I am going to start with because I love love loved this!
James? He ticks all the damn boxes in my opinion
Firefighter - CHECK
Funny - CHECK
Charming - CHECK
The sexy neighbor next door - CHECK
Outgoing -CHECK
Looks that could kill - CHECK CHECK
Sex appeal - CHECK CHECK CHECK!

I could go on? Seriously, this man is a book lovers' perfect book boyfriend... Okay well, he's going down as one of mine. I was completely smitten with this man.

So, James could get any woman he wants,
Jenn Cunha
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC for an honest review.

What a whirlwind!

James and Harper live across the landing from one another and while they've always crushed on each other, their relationship has mostly been relegated to her helping him with whatever lands at his door. Just as their relationship is about to take it up a notch, a baby shows up at his door and things both stop and escalate pretty quickly.

This book was hot...like scorchingly so...but also really sweet. More than once I found myself getting a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
  • Just One Look - Leah and Lance (Crossroads Book 15)
  • All the Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5)
  • Yours Since Yesterday (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 2)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Christmas Inn Love (Silver Bell Falls #5)
  • Playing With Attraction (Playing the Game #1)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Remington Medical #3.5)
  • A SEAL's Struggle (SEALs of Chance Creek Book 9)
  • A Very Dare Christmas (Dare to Love, #6.5)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)
  • Trouble After Dark (Gansett Island, #19)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Valentine Bay Book 5)
  • Resisting Romeo (Steamy Weekends #3)
Erin Nicholas is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty sexy contemporary romances. Her stories have been described as toe-curling, enchanting, steamy and fun. She loves to write about reluctant heroes, imperfect heroines and happily ever afters. She lives in the Midwest with her husband who only wants to read the sex scenes in her books, her kids who will never read the sex scenes ...more

Boys of the Big Easy (4 books)
  • Going Down Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #1)
  • Taking It Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #2)
  • Nice and Easy (Boys of the Big Easy, #3)
“Harper Broussard was the one for him.

But he knew she didn't know that yet.”
3 likes
“The baby hiccupped then farted.

James laughed. Best wingman ever, and he couldn't even talk.”
3 likes