Start by marking “Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor, #6)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor, #6)

Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor #6)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,121 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Beginning a pilgrimage to learn the powers of the recently acquired Royal Scepter, Princess Arianna hopes to reach the celestial unicorns before the evil Shifter attacks again.
Published January 1st 2000 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Scepter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Scepter

Amara Tanith
I'm very glad to be near finished with this series. When it started out weak, I was sure it was going to get better. Unless something amazing happens in the last two books, it looks like I was wrong--things have actually gotten worse over the course of the past few books. Ari has turned into one of the worst Sues I've ever read, and any nostalgia I had for this series has been duly purged.

Really, I'm genuinely confused as to how I could ever have enjoyed this series. As I am now, it hits just ab
Nicole
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Julia
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-balinor, book
Series Overview

The books are easy reading and much easier understanding to beginning readers so they may be a much better choice for younger crowds for whom they are more directed to. Also the author Mary Stanton does have a beautiful way with words when she describes the Celestial Valley while her imagination has done a great job with the forming of her unicorns within the story.

So far this is the best of the books within the series since I think it does show Ari finally maturing enough tha
Dharia Scarab
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Christa
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying these books though I don't really like the way the author writes and I'm having trouble getting used to it. I like the characters and the story line over all. This book however, is my favorite so far. If only for the reason that I think the Sceptor's personality is the most hysterical thing ever. Man I wish I had one of those! VERY clever on the author's part that's for sure! Really, they are good books, it's just the way she writes. Not sure how to explain it.
Hannah
Jun 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
The story is getting increasingly complex and even more interesting, as Ari moves towards regaining her throne and winning over her people.

It's exciting to see her finally regain the Scepter and thus increase her power, and the Scepter's a really funny personality. Finn is still adorable, Lori is still annoying, but the rest of the cast grows increasingly endearing.
Twyla
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Richard Blanchard
Jan 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just loved how the scepter actually worked!
Star king
Jan 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Really good! Hard to follow if you've only read the first 3.
Alexa
Jan 28, 2008
Charlotte Rose
Feb 10, 2016
  • The Unicorn Treasury: Stories, Poems, and Unicorn Lore
  • The Jewel Princesses and the Missing Crown (The Jewel Kingdom Super Special, #1)
  • Secret of the Unicorn (Avalon: Web of Magic #4)
  • Moonsilver (The Unicorn's Secret, #1)
  • Sun Blind (The Secret of the Unicorn Queen, #2)
Mary Stanton was born in Florida and grew up in Japan and Hawaii, after which she returned to the United States and received a B.A. in Philosophy and Literature from the University of Minnesota.

Stanton’s career as a fiction writer began with the publication of her first novel, The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West, in 1984. A beast fable similar in tone and theme to Watership Down, it was pub
More about Mary Stanton

Unicorns of Balinor (8 books)
  • The Road to Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #1)
  • Sunchaser's Quest (Unicorns of Balinor, #2)
  • Valley of Fear (Unicorns of Balinor, #3)
  • By Fire, by Moonlight (Unicorns of Balinor, #4)
  • Search for the Star (Unicorns of Balinor, #5)
  • Night of the Shifter's Moon (Unicorns of Balinor, #7)
  • Shadows Over Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #8)