Start by marking “Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)

Confess

(Sin City Salvation #1)

Lucian
A life free from sin.
For seventeen years, I have lived and breathed those words. But there is no balm to the war inside my soul.
Until her.
The mysterious beauty too lethal to taste. Shes a thief, a con, the essence of everything I loathe. Still, she lures me in with her lying eyes.
In the dark of night, she came to confess her sins, and in the light of morning, I
Published September 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Confess, please sign up.
A. Zavarelli Sorry for the delay, it's been a very busy year with my travel schedule. The release date is set for September 25th. Thanks!…moreSorry for the delay, it's been a very busy year with my travel schedule. The release date is set for September 25th. Thanks! (less)

Start your review of Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I haven't read any reviews on this ( I typically avoid doing that before I write my own review, as I like my opinions and reviews to be wholly mine), but I can see all the high ratings from all my friends...

description

...and trust me when I say that I am definitely in the minority on this one with my less than 4-star rating.

But really, though.

description

And to that, I say this:

You should probably believe everyone else, folks.

description

Yep, you read me correctly.

As my homie Kelly always says, I probably read
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

CONFESS: Is the first full length novel within the (Sin City Salvation #1) series by A. Zavarelli. In this we meet Gypsy & Lucian

TITLE: Confess
GENRE: Romance
PUBLICATION: September 25th, 2018

Twenty-three year old Gypsy is living life on the edge, a professional con artist that takes what she needs off unsuspecting victims, men that never see her coming, until its too late, everybody has a secret. And I
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
"She was the ethereal oasis that men wished they could find in the parched desert. At a different time in my life, I might have been one of them."

"If I were a sexually motivated man, I might have considered her a nice trophy, but to me, she was just another tragedy."

I can't believe I waited that long to read a book by this author and for my first, I listened to the audio version of Confess. I found the narration great and perfectly performed by Tracy Marks and Aaron Shedlock.

First, I would
Snow
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gypsy Blue and her sister Birdie are one of a kind. Gypsy is a con-artist, she tricks wealthy, rich men into loosing their guard around her, until she blackmails them with collected "dirty" details about them in exchange for the certain amount of money, in which case, the dirt disappears. It works until Gypsy is approached by one ruthless, determined and unapologetic man - Lucian West, a criminal defence lawyer who uses the same mode operandi on her. He blackmails her into a two years marriage ...more
Liz
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Don't let your past poison what we have."
description

Confess is the first book in the Sin City Salvation Series. A. Zavarelli offers a dark and twisted contemporary romance full of deception, passion, and love. Gypsy is a con artist who has lived her entire life protecting her younger sister and running away from the demons of her past. When "alpha" defense attorney Lucian West walks into her life, her entire life is turned upside down. Lucian plans to reform Gypsy but as time passes it is Lucian who is
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
4.5 Stars. This book is an experience. It was as unlike anything Ive ever read. I spent the first third of this story in a weird sort of state. I experienced the uncertainty that the heroine, Gypsy, felt regarding Lucians motives and how all the players fit the puzzle. I was pulled into this universe that Ms. Zavarelli created and I didnt want to leave.

Lucian was an interesting hero. He was dynamic and imperfect. He was darkness and he was hope. He was a testament to contradictions that simply
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

Admittedly I didn't even bother to read the blurb to this book in my rush to add it to my TBR. A. Zavarelli is always guaranteed literary crack for me, no blurb needed to confirm.

Confess is the first book in her brand new Sin City Salvation series, and this reader is hooked. Line and sinker.

A late night confessional. A girl that grew up hard and learned to turn the tables by running cons. An
Sabrina
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

I have a lot to say about this book, yet I have no clue how to make sense of all the thoughts running through my head. Confess ended up leaving me very conflicted on how I feel about it because I enjoyed many parts of it but there were also a lot of things that I didn't enjoy so much. One of the biggest things for me was the whole father figure thing that Lucian had going on.

Now I'm all on board with the daddy-kink trope that's becoming more and more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 stars

What a brilliant,addictive,heart wrenching and intense story.The plot was fantastic and I was intrigued from page one till the end!
Lucian and Gypsys story was unique.

description

Gypsy is feisty,strong and sassy!I simply love her. She didn't have the perfect life, her life was difficult.Sometimes I find myself feeling sad for her.Lucian intrigued me so much!He was mysterious and I loved how we slowly learned more about him!

Confess was a fantastic story,it was compelling,fast paced and intense.It
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Confess (Sin City Salvation Book 1) By A. Zavarelli.
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book #1 Sin City Salvation
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Not yet
PUBLICATION DATE: 25th September 2018

I didnt know how to love men. I only knew how to leave them, with everything I wanted.x

MY THOUGHTS:
Again Ashleigh has graced the pages with her brilliant plotting and surprise twists. I am a big fan of this author and have read all her books. You always know when picking up one of her books
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
So, I am a huuuuuge sucker for the marriage of convenience trope. Like, humongous.
This book didn't follow the standard formula and I don't know if I love that or hate that.

I devoured it so I'm led to believe I did, after all, love it. lol One thing, however, is that I don't think I was completely invested in these characters and merely curious of the circumstances they found themselves in... which led me to read until the end.

The way these two main characters came to meet, and the way the
Melissa Crump
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart stopping, Heart wrenching, Devastatingly beautiful and perfect. My heart was shredded a few times while devouring this book. There were times I had to stop because I couldnt breathe...couldnt continue reading because you could feel every emotion happening. This book broke me in pieces but mended me back - stronger. Ive never found a book that held so much emotion for me like this. I wasnt sure I could continue reading but I kept the faith and found that sometimes after the darkest of ...more
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
First and foremost, this cover is one of my favorites EVER! Just look at that gorgeousness! Sheer and utter perfection.

I went in blind and had no idea what to expect when I started reading this one. I was completely engrossed from the very start. Flipping the pages so fast, because I loved the setup.

Gypsy was an enigma. Lucian is even more enigmatic. This is the type of book that lulls you in and then completely takes you by surprise. It's kinda brilliant actually! LOL
I loved the main
A. Zavarelli
Sep 25, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
CONFESS is now LIVE on Amazon!

Available in Kindle Unlimited.

Check it out here:

Malene
Confess was a great marriage of convenience romance. I enjoyed it because it wasnt the usual marriage of convenience trope and I was interested in Lucians motives for marrying Gypsy. They had some good bantering and Lucian didnt take crap from Gypsy. He had a plan for his actions and why he made Gypsy go through so much.
What I really struggled with was their connection and chemistry. Lucian came off as more of a parental role figure than a possible love interest and I think it had something to
Carvanz
Wow! Talk about a wild twisted rollercoaster ride! This book hooked me in from the first page and I couldnt come up for air until the last page.

description

Gypsy has a horrible past. The very worst. Shes made herself into the type of woman who acts first utilizing what God gave her in order to survive. But when a man appears from seemingly nowhere and knows things he shouldnt, shes stuck with only one choice. To yield. She may not have a lot of options at this point, but shes not going to make it easy on
Stacey is Sassy
Saving her from her sins...

Why does A. Zavarelli insist on reminding me that the world really is an ugly place sometimes? In my own little narrow world, my biggest problems centre around balancing my busy schedule with my families busy schedules. I didnt have to overcome a rough childhood, my boys and I are fairly healthy, and we have enough money to provide ourselves with the essentials and a few treats. Every so often, these reminders make me see that my own little narrow world is pretty
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
An astounding and alluring tale that'll have you gripping your heart, lest it fall right out of your chest cavity. Poignant from first letter of the prologue to the last letter of the epilogue.
Some things are not meant to be known until they happen. You cant change fate, you can only survive it.
(Believe me, I'm bawling right now just reading the highlights and notes I created, there's pain in my heart and it refuses to die....)

description

A moving story that shall entertain you, teach you a lesson, show
Jacqueline
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really enjoyed my last read from this author so when I saw the glowing reviews for this I was looking forward to a treat.

I think I read a different book.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out what was going on and I wasn't feeling the chemistry. Then at the 75% point the plot truly jumped the shark. I know it's fiction but please.

Not for me but seems others have loved this so what do I know.

Available on ku and complete story.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! A. Zavarelli is a one-two punch kind of author. She will flat knock you out with her brilliant stories and then have you laying down for days thinking about this unbelievable story. Gypsy and Lucian were everything and I seriously am awestruck by this author's brilliant mind. This story was unique, sexy, heartbreaking, uplifting and ultimately a game changer for this author and the industry as a whole. It made you think and feel and had the power to completely mess you up all while being ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, ku
4.5 INTENSE STARS

A. Zavarelli is always a one click with me so I went into this book blindly. I love the cover and honestly I had no idea what kind of book I was getting into.

I will be honest and say that I started this book and stopped this book a few times. I had to be in the mood to read it. When you start out the book you realize the main Heroine is a total B. Shes a con artist and that usually isnt my cuppa. I have a hard time in relating to heroines with bad attitudes and bad personality.

Allyson
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Stars !!

The only reason it isn't a full five star is because I needed just a little more "falling in love" time with the characters. That being said this book literally made me cry!!! I was so freaking mad that I had to stop reading and I didn't think I was going to go back and finish it!!! I couldn't believe Ashleigh would do this to me but after having several drinks I finished the book. So glad I did!!!! Lucian and Gypsy will grab you tight and make you fall in love !!!!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Confess is my introduction to A. Zavarelli.

I cannot find appropriate words to describe how fantastic this authors writing is other than it is brilliant. Clear, seamless, compelling and enrapturing. Her carefully constructed sentences will pull you into Lucian West and Gypsy Blues heart-wrenching narrative.

Each turn and twist will have you intrigued. Riveted. Wanting more and more.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 Stars

Dont fall in love with me, Gypsy.
Then dont make me.
I whispered.

What an emotional rollercoaster this was. In fact, for the first time since we can remember, we were tempted, for one millisecond, to sneak a peek at the end as we were that concerned about an element of this story. Were glad we didnt because the surprises in this story, the twists and revelations blindsided us and the surprise element was paramount to the optimum enjoyment of Confess!

Fuck me like youll never let me go,
Diary Of Book Fiend
5 Hauntingly Beautiful Stars. A Heart-rendering love story of EPIC Proportions.

A. Zavarelli stole my breath and I wasn't able to breathe properly until I read the words, " The End."

I abso-freaking-lutely LOVED this story.

I loved Gypsy and Birdie and omg Lucian is just one of the most amazing heroes I have come across in a long time.

Gypsy and her sister have been on their own for awhile due to tragic circumstances that I am not going to hint at, you just have to read it.

- I didn't know how to
Kristina at For The Love Of Books
First of all I want to say I absolutely love it when authors mix things up. Love that they chose not to write the same thing over and over and A. Zavarelli does just that. I also love her strong independent women. They don't take anything laying down. They fight tooth and nail for what they deserve. Gypsy was that through and through. She was a tough cookie for Lucian to crack. He did eventually but the road to getting there was both heartbreaking and agonizing. So many times I put this one ...more
Deborah
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5*

Here goes...this is one of those reviews thats difficult to write. I have such mixed feelings on this book. As Im starting this review Ive honestly no idea what my rating is going to be. This is incredibly unusual for me. Hopefully while writing this inspiration will hit.

Firstly I was up past 2am reading this. So I was hooked to a certain degree.

It was difficult going at times. Lucian is completely unlikeable early on. The way he treats Gypsy like a child is annoying. But then for a lot of
Melanie (mells_view)
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
You cant change fate; you can only survive it.

This book.
This freaking book.
If youre looking for an emotional rollercoaster, with a con artist heroine and a hero who gets the bad guys off the hook, then this is that story. But its also WAY WAY more than that story as well. I think this story is the true definition of dont judge a book by your assumptions. This one is deep, emotional, dark, filled with triggers, and just plain good. Cant wait to see what else could come from other characters!!
Laura Lee
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Confess (Sin City Salvation #1)
By: A. Zavarelli
4 Stars

Well my goodness, what a ride this book took me on! Twisting and turning, whiplash added in for no additional charge too!

Gypsy is a professional con artist. She has mastered her skills and is doing very well at luring men in and snatching away what she needs. Then Poof, she is gone and moving on to her next victim. Always telling herself she is doing this to protect herself and her younger sister. Knowing what she does is wrong, but when you
Ari
I am ruined.
My heart was unbroken, but I think I have PTSD from The Girl & Her Ren , because my reaction was far to strong to be normal. I don't know what that says about me.

• Damage
  • Collateral
  • Code of Silence
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Secrets (Web of Sin, #1)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
A. Zavarelli is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of dark and contemporary romance.

When shes not putting her characters through hell, she can usually be found watching bizarre and twisted documentaries in the name of research.

She currently lives in the Northwest with her lumberjack and an entire brood of fur babies.

Find her on Facebook here---> https://www.facebook.com/AZavarelli
Never

Sin City Salvation (2 books)
  • Convict (Sin City Salvation, #2)