Start by marking “Secret of the Three Treasures” as Want to Read:
Secret of the Three Treasures

Secret of the Three Treasures

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Move over, Indiana Jones. Eleven-year-old Tiernay West is ready to take over in this hilarious middle-grade adventure novel. When Tiernay hears of possible Revolutionary War gold buried in her own town, little does she expect that its pursuit will have her running for her life.
Published April 1st 2006 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Three Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Three Treasures

Sherwood Smith
Oct 28, 2013 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: age 9 and up
Shelves: fiction
I test-drove this title and the previous--The Secret of the Three Treasures, a killingly bland title imposed by the publisher--on several classes of fourth and fifth graders, and in both cases, every single hand shot sky high when I gave them the author's preferred title: Tiernay West, Professional Adventurer. (About the first choice, one boy muttered, "It better be real treasures, and not some book about three things you have to learn." When I later read the book to the class, they discovered q ...more
Francesca Forrest
Tiernay Markowitz, a.k.a. Tierney West, isn’t about to let being in elementary school stop her from emulating T. J. Redstone, the adventurer heroine of her dad’s novels. Dragged along to dinner with her mother, her mother’s boyfriend, and the boyfriend’s son Kevin (who’s in Tiernay’s grade), she happens to overhear the couple at the next table talking about the possibility of Revolutionary War gold in Tiernay’s small Connecticut town—and the game is afoot.

Tiernay is a funny, resourceful, likeab
Karen
Nov 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a completely charming middle grade story about a girl who wants to be a professional adventurer. Tiernay West is a wonderfully eccentric character who will win your heart and stick in your memory. I can't help but hope that Janni will share more of Tiernay's adventures someday.
Ian Wood
This is the complete review as it appears at my blog dedicated to reading, writing (no 'rithmatic!), movies, & TV. Blog reviews often contain links which are not reproduced here, nor will updates or modifications to the blog review be replicated here.

I rated this novel a worthy read!

(very mild spoilers)

This review will be shorter than my usual ones because this is a very short novel, and it's new, so I don't want to give out too many spoilers here. Let's talk about the importance of names an
Andréa
Tiernay West is a fun character. She stands up to bullies, introduces herself as a "professional adventurer," and doesn't care what other people think. She's not perfect, which is great--sometimes she gets in trouble for her adventures, her methods for dealing with bullies are not always the best, and she still sometimes feels left out, even if she tells herself she doesn't care what the other kids think.

Tiernay West, Professional Adventurer is a short middle-grade read. (On my e-reader, it cloc
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this to my eight year old daughter, an immensely enjoyable experience because of the high quality of the writing. The style lends itself perfectly to being read aloud, so I can imagine that this would work well as a class novel. The plot becomes progressively more engaging: at the start its suburban setting and formulaic Secret-Seven style mystery are a little lacklustre but from the point where the protagonists are trapped by genuine criminals, it becomes unputdownable.

Characterisation i
Judy
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Simner has created a lovably quirky character in Tiernay West. Her father, now divorced from her mother, travels the world gathering information for his adventure novels, and Tiernay identifies strongly with the female protagonist in those books. She is determined to be an adventurer, even though she's still in elementary school. She gains a reluctant ally in Kevin, the son of her mother's boyfriend, and the two research an old Revolutionary War legend of treasure. Her discoveries lead her and K ...more
Janni
Oct 28, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Originally published as Secret of the Three Treasures, this new ebook edition has a new title--Tiernay West, Professional Adventurer--and a new look!
Jun 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Read this for SRC, but it's adorable. Read the whole thing cover to cover in one sitting and was smiling the whole time.
Kathryn
May 05, 2009
Nimah
Jan 11, 2014
Sara
David
Nov 21, 2008
Anne
rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2015
Jun 23, 2014
Roxy Rogers
Jul 29, 2010
Janni
Nov 20, 2008 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Vilde
Lee Anne
Mara Morell
Erin
Oct 28, 2013
From the author: I use Goodreads to keep track of books I've read. I don't use it to troll reviews of books I've written. Know that you can talk about my books safely here. Love them or hate them, I won't show up in comments to take issue or take offense. I'm honored you're engaging with my work (thank you!) and believe the best way I can express my gratitude is by staying out of the way so that y ...more
More about Janni Lee Simner...