Start by marking “Reinventing Us (The Rock Gods #9)” as Want to Read:
Reinventing Us (The Rock Gods #9)

Reinventing Us

(The Rock Gods #9)

Alex-Zander Metcalf knew his life would always be filled with twists and turns, especially living in the public eye while playing the role of front man for his band Ivory Tower. That's what made life interesting and he loved every aspect about his job in the music world.

Living in a long-term polyamorous relationship with a husband and a wife also created a fair amount of
Published October 9th 2018 by Rock Gods, Inc. (first published October 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Reinventing Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reinventing Us

Diana
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ku
4.5 Stars

Reinventing Us is book 9 in the Rock Gods series which follows the lives of two rock bands, Ivory Tower and Black Ice and cannot be read as a standalone. This story is a continuation of Alex Zander Metcalf, the front man for Ivory Tower, Chase Middleton and Danni, a few years following their polyamorous commitment ceremony.

I don’t want to give too much away, so all I wills say is that it is more of an emotional story that sucked me in right from the start. Of course, I thought it was h
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars!

Reinventing Us is book 9 in The Rock Gods series and it's a continuation of Alex, Chase and Danni's story from Take What You Want (Book 2 in the series), so you probably need to at least read that one, although, to be honest, the rest of the series is amazing so you want to read it, too. I have a confession to make, though. I have read all of The Rock Gods series except Take What You Want. 😔 I know, I know, I'm sorry, but the few glimpses of Danni I got in the other books and my co-blo
Joanne Swinney
FIVE ROCKING STARS!!

Yesss!! Let’s Rock On. Zander is back baby. Thanks to the beautiful Chase, that man is truly a blessing. I know you’re like okay, but what about Danni,? and I’m like Danni who? Let’s not pretend we love her. I read some of the reviews, and people actually wanted to throw her under a bus, so…...moving on.

Alex faces some tough times ahead, the family as a whole need to find a new way to reinvent themselves. Alex and Chase have always had a special bond sometimes they just need
Veronica Mckenna
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sheryl Beesley
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 stars...

I'm apparently in the minority here (seeing all the 4 & 5 star reviews) but I just couldn't get over what happened to one of the MC at the beginning of the book.... spoiler alert----- I get wanting to write a book about grief but I'm pissed the author felt the need to use the only female character in the series to do it...
Emily Seelye
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, musicians
This was heart wrenching.
I~❤️~Books
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
✮4 Stars✮
Patrice Leonard
I'm not marking any of this a spoilers since the blurb stated what this story was about. If you still don't want to be "spoiled" don't read any further. You have been warned. :)

Good riddance, Danni. You were a raging bitch, a pain in the ass, whiny and annoying. And you had no place in Chase & Alex's relationship. None of us readers liked you, and we are so very happy you are gone.

Now that that's our of the way...as much as I absolutely hate/hated Danni...it was so great and heartwarming to
T.L. Travis
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a very lucky girl when Ann asked me to beta this book for her, I totally fangirled out! It is packed full from start to finish, you live through the pain with Alex. Pain he's suffered and pushed aside for years but is forced to contend with when life throws him another blow.

Fan of the Rock Gods series? Then this is a MUST READ for you.

Never read the Rock Gods series? Well then, hop on the train and start with book 1. I guarantee you won't regret it.
FromTheLab
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
We like it big book blog
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars

Wow... I’m kinda shocked how this book started off. It literally just jumped right into their relationship problems. And I have to be honest here. I was kinda upset. Danni and Chase knew going into this relationship that Alex had a career. A very high demanding career. One that allowed both Chase and Danni to live a very nice comfortable lifestyle.
Basically... They knew it wasn't going to easy being with Alex.

Were there going to be times when he wasn’t present because he had to work.
Michelle
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars

Basically... They knew it wasn't going to easy being with Alex.

Were there going to be times when he wasn’t present because he had to work.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars

This is not going to be an easy review to write, because to not give away any spoilers, it has to be extremely vague.

Rock Gods is one of my all time favorite series’, and Reinventing Us, was an amazing addition to it. The story is well-written and filled with so much emotion: Guilt, grief, anger, depression, frustration, but most of all, family, friendship, healing and love.

The love between these guys was so palpable I could feel it coming off the pages at me. They were amazing together
Pat Nelson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. GOD!!! This raw, gritty, powerful, awesome, intense, heartfelt, emotionally charged, grab-you-by-the-feels, poignant, dark, shocking, and heartbreaking yet hopeful story stomped on my heart, shattered it into a million pieces, ran them through a grinder, spit them out the other side, then put them back together in a totally different way. I was hooked from the very first page, reading it in one sitting, ending up with a massive book hangover because I just could NOT put it down!! I'm my ...more
Rosie
An absolute must read

Very intense book to read. Very well written. Honestly, I didn't expect this story line. I've missed all the guys and really glad more books are going to be written about them. Through out reading this book, I kept feeling like this book was written from a personal experience. It was beautifully written from the heart about how love will get us through anything, how fighting our way back can be done and we're not alone.
Angela Simon
Super emotional

I've read all the rock Guy books but I feel this one is super emotional. I don't want to give away the plot but I was surprise.
The emotion that Alex exhibit during this crisis was so heartwrenching at times I had put the book down and walk away cause the emotion was so raw
I love how Chase became a true partner to Alex during the crisis and the emotion that Chase has an endure while Alex fell apart.
This book is definitely worth the reread
Kenike
I love this series

Thank you Ann for this book. I just lost a few people over the last few years and to see Alex work through his grief and come out on the other side was inspiring. I loved seeing the all the characters from Black Ice and Ivory Tower. This book was sad but I was happy seeing Chase and Alex go on to have an HEA despite the tragedy. This was such a wonderful story
MLQuack
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a bit of a gut punch.
I was wary going into reading it but I’m glad I read it.
It was a moving book. The coming together. The love. As much as my heart broke is was mended by the end. It’s a must read for all the fans of the Rock God series!
Kaila
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book tried to break me.. all the feels.. all the emotions.. the heartbreak.. the sadness and the happiness.. it had everything and it is just wow and perfect and holy crap. lol you must read the others to get this one in its true form. amazing just amazing
Kristina
I couldn’t be more disappointed. I have liked this series but the writing in this particular book was phoned in. I didn’t recognize Alex, Danni, or Chase’s characters. So many inconsistencies in dialogue, thought processes. Everything felt forced and box-checking.
Leigh
Perfect

I love Alex and Chase. They are perfect together and their happily ever after was the way it was always meant to be.
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
I’ll write my full review after release day, so I won’t give away spoilers even though I don’t mean to. All I have to say for now is.......

Just fucking BRILLIANT!!!

Now that it’s release day I can finish my Review.

Ann Lister seriously put me through the ringer. I cried my eyes out. So fair warning you’re going to need tissues and a bottle of whiskey to get through this book.

Alex and Chase just ripped my heart out. I kind of figured it out with the blurb about Danni but I was hoping I was wrong
Jennifer Reilley
Five HUGE stars.

Well this is the kind of book that if a review is written wrong it’s going to give spoilers and I don’t want that to happen and I am sure Ann wouldn’t either.

Let’s just say you are going to go on one emotional roller coaster. You will get to revisit with our favorite rockers and friends. You’ll cry. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry again. You’ll get to revisit with those innocent little girls this family loves with all their heart
Valerie Degeorge
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ann Lister your a Genius.

I’m not going into this book I do not do spoilers and with this book I feel you need to go in and read blind.

I’m not going to lie, you will cry 😢 it’s sad u see from the blurb but the writing and flow of this story was nothing less than brilliant. Ann Lister writes from the heart and this book proved that ten fold it shows us that from tragedy real love can prevail and we can survive.

I absolutely loved that we got to re visit with all the members of the Rock Gods from
Aimee
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Alex and Chase have always been my favorite, but I just didn’t feel it in this book. There was so much potential to this story and I feel let down. I’m going to part ways with Ms. Lister at this point. I still own 3 Guarding the Gods books that I have bought and not read. Those will go on the back burner for a while.
Simply Just Jen
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been friends, with Ann Lister for a long time and never would I have imagined she would go this way. If you are a super fan of the ROCK GODS SERIES then you are in for the most emotional, riveting, romantic journey you will ever read.

Sorta just speechless, I actually started this book on release day and managed to make it through the prologue and halfway through chapter one when I simple had to walk away. Today, with my emotions intact I started again and once again I was just not prepare
Sue
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TRIBUTE TO LOVE

This is the most MAGNIFICENT GIFT OF TRIBUTE I have ever read. Book #9 REINVENTING US is the BEST book so far in this AMAZING ROCK GODS SERIES. This is a story of the greatest, deepest heartbreak. This is a story written from a true, experienced heart, that had been shattered by true tragedy and pain. But this is not a tragic tale. It's a gift of True Love, Inspiration, Hope and Clarity. Of Honoring Loved Ones. Of Loving those around you enough to step away from yourself and ASK f
Kristy Grissom
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming journey

I honestly don't know how to start this. Reading the Rock God series and Guarding the God series you become so invested in the characters. Ann has a way of creating true emotional connections her readers feel with the characters. A signs of a great author is when the characters become real to a degree.

I admit after reading the first chapter I had to put the book down. My heart broke. But every story has a journey. This book truly encompassed real life trials and the efforts
Rock Hard Romance
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
I've read this series,and loved them all...in fact I did a re-read in preparation for this release,as it had been a while since I'd read them-and to be honest,Danni wasn't one of my favorite characters(I'd forgotten how she came across in bk 2 Take What You Want) So on reading the blurb for Reinventing Us...I figured that something major would have happened to her-she wouldn't have just left or cheated on either one of them...and in the Prologue,I didn't expect it to go like it did!
From then it
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an emotional journey for sure. I found myself sobbing readong the very first chapter. I did not read the description of the book before reading, it's part of the Rock Gods series by Ann Lister so I just started reading expecting a similar feel. Reinventing Us has a definitely different feel and will make you feel do many emotions.

This book deals with the main characters redefining their relationship, their world, after a devastating loss. I love how much stronger they become togeth
  • Passing Stranger
  • Guys on the Side (Guys, #2)
  • Overtime
  • Grayson
  • Black Snow
  • See Me (Lightning Tales, #3)
  • Venetian Masks
  • Delay of Game (Playing Dirty #3)
  • Hard Line (The Woodbury Boys, #2)
  • Te quiero
  • Perfect Catch
  • Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys, #1)
  • In Case of Emergency
  • The Terms of Release (The Release #1)
  • Just Be You
  • Dream (Skins, #1)
  • One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana (Sex & Mayhem, #6)
  • Nice Guys Collection With Bonus Scenes
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t

The Rock Gods (9 books)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Take What You Want (The Rock Gods, #2)
  • Make You Mine (The Rock Gods, #3)
  • Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)
  • Meant For Me (The Rock Gods #5)
  • Fighting His Fire (The Rock Gods, #6)
  • Beyond The Music (The Rock Gods, #7)
  • Forever At Sunrise (The Rock Gods, #8)