Start by marking “White Fire (A Toni Delle Adventure)” as Want to Read:
White Fire (A Toni Delle Adventure)

White Fire (A Toni Delle Adventure)

Everybody lies. Watch your back.

Sure, Agent Toni Delle has trust issues. Mate, her canine robot partner and Zach, her attitude-enabled shipboard Computer Intelligence Interface constantly tell her that – but as she told them, that was because of The Smuggler.

She would have refused her new mission altogether if it wasn’t for the insane amount of money... Oh, who was she kid
Published January 14th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about White Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Fire

Start your review of White Fire (A Toni Delle Adventure)
Iain
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-authors
I approached this book with some trepidation, not being a regular reader of full-on sci-fi, but my fears were completely unfounded. Like all good sci-fi, the secret is to make character and situations that we can relate to, no matter where or when or who is involved and that is exactly what 'White Fire' does. The main character Toni has the same emotions, worries and issues that we all recognise - it just so happens she is also an intergalactic agent! She even has a robotic dog as a partner that ...more
Li
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What's not to like about Special Secret Agent Toni Delle, who has see-through skin, heightened senses, courage and grit seasoned with experience; AND who has her own C-bot (Canine Robot, Mate) and a Computer Intelligence Interface (CII) named Zach, who has a knack for initiative and a sassy cuteness that's hard to resist. She's also an electronics expert who loves using and tweaking high-tech gadgets.

Agent Delle's interplanetary travels on her trusty lightship Blackflame, while she's outsmarting
Brian Harris
I enjoyed this book very much. Toni, Mate and Zach solve a intergalactic smuggling ring.
From the first few pages I was hooked. The author does create gaps in the timeline that make you wonder what you may have missed. But she brings those details back into the story line later on. I've read both of this new author's books and she is becoming a favorite of mine. Can't wait for the next adventure her characters go on! Great read for young adults, sci-fi nerds, and people that want to broaden the m
Veronica Strachan
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Danger, betrayal, secrets, lies? Absolutely! Add to this sharp scifi, a snarky ship AI and a canine robot partner for a quirky agent with see-through skin and a whole head full of hangups. Now you have a great recipe for a fun and fast-paced read. The cast is small so we get to follow them closely through the action, twists, and dangers as they race to save the galaxy. The world-building is thorough and slick, giving the cast a wonderful backdrop for the action-packed plot.
And there's enough lef
Supreme Leader Awesome
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Great fun adventure with heaps of action. If you enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, you will love this. Loved the world building and universe created by the author. Found it it hard to put it down. Interaction between characters was fantastic and brought the book to life for me. Check it out!
Linh Nguyen-Ng
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love stories set in another world. This story doesn’t disappoint. The details of the world is exceptional, even the curses! Agent Toni Delle and her robotic dog, Mate, make a great team as they embark on a mission to stop destructive weapons from destroying their planet. The action and suspense makes this book a fast read. I love that!I highly recommend this to any sci-fi lovers!
Justine
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and action packed. I loved the strong female lead and her helpful friends. An easy and enjoyable read, even for those like me who aren’t usually into this genre.
Kath
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, this was a little different to what I was expecting. And in a good way, I hasten to add. I am a relative newbie to the genre so some of what I read did need a couple attempts to get my head round, but on the whole, it flowed very well and left me mostly satisfied.
Agent Toni Delle, ably assisted by robot dog Mate and shipboard computer Zach, is on the trail of some smugglers. When we first meet her she has just completed one hairy mission and is about to accept her new one; to find and stop
Emma Louise Gill
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great ride through a new galaxy where your best mates can be a ship’s AI and a canine robot partner; where luck and pluckiness can get you through most of the time—but not always—and where people are ready to backstab at every turn! I loved Agent Toni Delle, her trials and tricky, twisted operations. I loved the intrigue—both personal and political—and I loved the world building. So vivid. I laughed, I cried, I cheered Toni on, and the only issue I had was the story ended too soon. What happen ...more
Brigitte Meszaros
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the first few pages I was spellbound and couldn’t put it down. Characters unfolded and while there were a few it was easy to follow who they were. Loved the twists and turns.

I want that dog! Super cool!

If you like science fiction you will love this. Can’t say anymore as I don’t want to spoil it for you.

Can’t wait for the next in the series.
Mike
Feb 16, 2019
Laurie Bell
Apr 07, 2019
Kate Foster
Jan 06, 2019
Jess Crafts
I honestly can't put my finger on a good reason why but I just didn't connect with this book. It's also split into parts and when it switched to two years later I couldn't convince myself to keep going for no other reason than I just wasn't invested. DNF @35%
Lara Bahr
Mels
May 10, 2020
Sara
Sep 18, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please add a book to my author profile 5 174 Jul 28, 2020 03:42PM

• MISSING: A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.
  • While the Bombs Fell
  • Saboteur - The Untold Story of SOE's Youngest Agent at the Heart of the French Resistance
  • Hergé par lui-même
  • The Black Island (Tintin, #7)
  • Around the World in 80 Trains: A 45,000-Mile Adventure
  • Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell, #2)
  • We Hide What We Hate About Ourselves: Part Of The "Learners At Love" Series
  • Famous Trials
  • Layla's Song
  • The Girl Who Lived Twice (Millennium, #6)
  • James Bond: Origin, Vol. 2
  • When I Was Old
  • Justice League, Volume 5: The Doom War
  • David Copperfield
  • Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 4
  • A Kestrel for a Knave
  • Three Bedrooms in Manhattan (Penguin Modern Classics)
Laurie Bell is a once upon a time former teacher who has worked with children of all ages in the literary sphere. She is now an administrator and is the one to go to with any question. She is regularly featured by publications such as the Antipodean Science Fiction E-Magazine.

A lover of fantasy and science fiction of all kinds, she is also a volunteer at her local theatre company and is often foun

News & Interviews