Start by marking “Against Protocol (Protocol, #1)” as Want to Read:
Against Protocol (Protocol, #1)

Against Protocol

(Protocol #1)

Everyone has secrets, even the leader of the free world.

Even his wife.

I was Ophelia Harris, America’s youngest First Lady.

Now I'm America’s Widow, and my husband’s secrets continue to haunt me.

They continue to threaten my life.

I’m supposed to grieve with the world and keep up the façade of the perfect marriage
and the perfect life.

But I can’t.

Because of him.

Cruz So
Published September 23rd 2018 by Eden Butler

To ask other readers questions about Against Protocol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against Protocol

Dri ✰
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
★ 2 STARS ★

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

→ My review will be on the last book.
DJ Sakata
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

You silence the noise.

Martha Wilkens, a veteran former First Lady nearing her seventies, pulled me aside to inform me that my husband’s wayward cock was “the nature of the job.”

My Review:

Sizzle and snap – this story is smokin’ hot and taut with tension and terse exchanges. Written in my favorite dual POV yet mainly composed of angsty narrative from insightful inner dialogue and heart-squeezing memories told out of order while both main characters live out a pretense of social,
Natalie The Biblioholic
I love when a new-to-me author can grab me by the proverbial nuts and keep hold of them until the bitter end... or until the cliffhanger at least! Eden Butler has made a fan out of me in just 72 pages of her Protocol series and I'm on edge wondering what comes next for Cruz and Lia with the bombshell he revealed at the end.

🇺🇸 Lia is the first lady, her husband has been assassinated, and she is forced to assimilate to former first lady life while the killer is at large.
🇺🇸 Cruz is the lead on her
MJ
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Eden Butler starts the Protocol series with a bang! I love that this is a very different kind of story. A love that is denied. A love that is forbidden. And all of this happening as the First Lady of the United States is suddenly a widow.

We get the backstory as well when Lia and Cruz first meet in college, have a whirlwind romance and then part suddenly. As we are now in the present, of course when the former first lady now needs protection more than ever as she resumes her civilian life, who is
Julia
April Symes
This is book 1 in a 3 part series from author Eden Butler. Going by the fantastic opening, what a phenomenal series this is going to be
Ophelia is the first lady who has now become a widow, and with her husband’s secrets now coming to light and are starting to haunt her, her life is in terrible danger. I don't want to give any spoilers ; this is a must read for all romantic suspense lovers. Lia and Cruz!!! Wow.
This is a story that has many twists and turns, and surprises; a story that spans yea
Sep 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
The prologue was the best part! Couldn't get into this and not a fan of continuation books so won't bother with the rest of the story as this one didn't hook me in.
Brandilyn Petitto
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this so much! The chemistry and heat between Lia and Cruz is explosive! So well written. I’m dying from excitement for Part 2! I’ve just fallen in love with this story already and it’s not even finished yet. I wish I could give it more than five stars! Eden Butler never disappoints. 💜💜💜
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Against Protocol starts with a flashback that has Lia and Cruz hooking up and more. Fast forward some number of years (things are effectively vague in this tale) and Lia is First Lady, married to someone else. When a tragic shooting occurs, Lia is left alone with secret service providing security. And you probably guessed it already ... Cruz is an agent on that detail. I don't want to reveal much more because that will spoil it for you.

I liked this, even though I was a bit frustrated with under
Tanya
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
what a tease this first part is....in a good way.

I would have given it 5 stars but there were a few places I got confused as to the timeline/where we were. Overall when I got past that in the first chapter it was sooth sailing.

16 years ago these two had a short fling which they both knew would end, 10 years later they meet again, things happen. Now nothing stands between these 2, except his job as the agent in charge of her security and the 1 secret he is keeping from her.

The 2 full out sex s
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Eden Butler.

Brilliant.

Amazing.

Sexy.

Heart pounding GOOD.

Give more. More. More.

It has been forever since I’ve read an Eden Butler book, like years. When I Is saw the covers for this serial I just knew i had to get my hands on them. I love presidential type books! This was unlike anyone i read before! It just was in a league of its own.

The writing is gripping, sensual, and out of this world addicting.

Lia is now a widow after her husband the President was assassinated. The newest body guard t
Kylee
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This first part in The Protocol series will have you completely hooked. Against Protocol is a short read but it packs a punch and will have you falling in love with Lia and Cruz. As their story begins you will be caught up in the secrets, lies, rules and most importantly protocols. It is steamy, mesmerizing and will leave you in a spin. Bring on part 2 because I have so many questions.
Linda Cotter
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful start to the series. The heat was cranked up, and the story had me from the word GO. Great characters who bring you right into the story, and an interesting premise. I can't wait to see how this all plays out, and I can't wait for more!!!
Kinky Minx
Thanks to the author for the generous ARC in exchange of honest review.

So the Protocol series is a second chance romance to me. So the story starts with Lia and Cruz, way back in high school. As the start of a story, this is really steamy hot!!! I mean I can tell the chemistry between them just sparks right away and lovely. Cruz always says he does not do relationship but Lia is so different he brokes the rule for her but love didn't always work out well. Cruz left Lia sixteen years ago, Lia is
Brandy Roberts
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW another amazing book by Eden Butler love everything this author writes she always has me on my toes along with my heart dropping and lifting and just putting me through on a emotional ride that I don't want to get off on . Against Protocol is the first book in the Protocol series and ends in a semi cliffhanger if this is the first story that you read by the author you need one click all of her other books as soon as possible . The sexual tension between the couple is off the charts HOT they ...more
Up All Night With Books
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Review by: Alysia

Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

The Protocol series by Eden Butler has a total of three books, all short in length, about the previous first lady and her security. Cruz and Lia have a past. They were lovers in college before Cruz left to follow his career in the military sector of the government. Lia waited for him for two years before she moved on with her current husband, who became the US president and then was assassinated. Cruz must now protect her from
Lisa Stinson
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic start to this story. It’s short, amazing, and oh so hot. Lia and Cruz had a short relationship while they were in college. He had clearly said that he wasn't looking for anything just a night together. But the connection between Lia and Cruz couldn't be denied. But he left like he told her he would. Now he is back...to protect her from the person who killed her husband, who was the President of the United States.

You can feel the chemistry coming off the pages from these two
Maura
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I really just want to write a review for this book that simply says... "F***ING HOT AND FANTASTIC" but I guess I would be short changing the author if I did that.

Against Protocol is book 1 in the Protocol Series and it is a GREAT way to start the trilogy. We are introduced to the characters in such a way that I had to go back to make sure I was actually reading what I thought I was. WOWZERS.

I'm so glad to have read this story and I can't wait to continue the story in parts 2 and 3 which I w
Tiffany
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lia and Cruz knew each other in college. Lia and Cruz didn’t really know each other but they had an incredible weekend together. Lia and Cruz are immediately drawn to each other but they both know it isn’t going to last. Lia and Cruz both go different ways in life but she is shocked that they will have to live in close courters with each other.

I thought this was a great read!! This book was short but it had a lot of steamy moments. You can tell from their very first moment that Cruz was an alpha
Brittani Brown
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not sure what to expect out of this story from the blurb. What I got was SO much more than I expected. Eden weaves an intricate story, and it has me wanting more! One, I love the name Ophelia. I couldn’t convince my husband we should have another daughter and name her this, but I digress...Two, I love Cruz!! What a dreamy hunk of a man. I have a feeling there is a lot I am going to hate him for in book two, but for now I will cling to him like Lia did in the townhouse. I would normally giv ...more
Jayme
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read that is part of a 3 part series. Lia has only loved Cruz, but Cruz left everyone behind to try to make something of himself. Lia finally moved on and married the future President of the United States. Cruz is assigned as one of their Secret Service Agents.

These two are explosive together and are drawn together. They have made mistakes and Cruz tries really hard to do the right thing, but there is just a pull between these two. I can not wait to see what happens in the next
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have never really been into books like this but as soon as I read it was Eden Butler I was like yes I want to read it.

Ophelia was the youngest first lady and her husband was not what the nation thought and the secrets he kept are now haunting her , see now she is a widow her husband is gone and she has to act like she is unset and tormented over it .
Her mind is alw aqa yes thinking about the one man she wants more than life itself but she can never have Cruz.

I loved the twists and turns and ca
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a three part series from this talented author, and going by this amazing introduction, what a phenomenal series this is going to be! Ophelia is the first lady who is now a widow, and with her husband’s secrets coming to haunt her, her life is in danger. No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This author has done an awesome job in penning this story, and I was intrigued and captivated throughout, and I cannot wait to read the second book ...more
Kari Hansen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Ophelia’s husband, who also happens to be the President, passes away he leaves behind a web of secrets and lies which has placed her in danger. Things become complicated when her security detail happens to be Cruz, the man she spent a weekend with while she was in college who she has never forgotten.

This is a great introduction to a new series which is filled with intrigue and twists that leave you wanting more. I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Tammy
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ophelia and Cruz had a few hot and steamy months in college , while she wanted him to come back for her it was to late. Now a widow and the former first lady these two meet again. He is her protection detail and she is supposed to be in mourning. The first part of this book is absolutely amazing and dying to read the next.
Melissa B
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-reads
This was a quick, intense, captivating read that will have you inhaling chapter after chapter until the very end. If you thought the chemistry between Lia and Cruz was explosive just wait until the bomb drops because that ending definitely has me begging for more and impatiently waiting for the next book!
Krista Ricchi
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I have to say that the cover is stunning and fits these character so well. Their chemistry is off the charts hot. From start to finish I was hooked and couldn't put this book down. The writing and plot are so easy to get lost in. There is so much action between the past, the secrets and the forbidden pleasure. This is a delicious start to this new series and I can't wait to read more.
Karin Gesell
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is part one of a series by Eden Butler that’ll have your blood pumping in more ways than one! For a short read, this has me completely hooked! Politics (which normally isn’t my thing), love and sex, not to mention lots of questions. Bring on part two, I can’t wait to jump in!!!
Amanda
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly! What did I just read! So many twists and turns, a story that spans years and the ultimate second chance story... and boy oh boy that cliffhanger! I cannot wait for book 2 and 3, they’re going to epic!
Danny Jeffery
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I'm not normally a fan of trilogy's but I have to say that I am so glad that I read this book.
It was a quick read, however, it was packed full. It gripped me from the get go and the story really pulled me in. It was edgy, sexy, mysterious and so suspenseful. I am really looking forward to the next installment and thankfully we wont have to wait to long.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Chosen (Allure, #4)
  • Keep Happy (A Silvervale Second Chance Romance, #1)
  • To Portland, with Love (The Story of Us, #3.5)
  • Ravage
  • Atone (Recovered Innocence, #2)
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • Ardor
  • Poesy (Low, #0.5)
  • Falling For Cade (Falling For, #1)
  • Waiting for You (Losing Me Finding You, #1.5)
  • Escape (Horrorscape, #4)
  • Blue Waters (Tainted Water #1)
  • Dove
  • Lying in Wait (Jezebel, #0.5)
  • SEX Unlimited: Volume 2 (Unlimited, #2)
  • Venice Ink
  • Deeper Water (Once and Forever, #3)
  • Master of My Body (Finding Sabrina, #1)
Eden Butler is an editor and writer of Contemporary Romance novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.

When she’s not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, edits, reads and spends way too much time watching rugby, Doctor Who an

Protocol (3 books)
  • Broken Protocol (Protocol, #2)
  • Final Protocol (Protocol, #3)