Start by marking “Eleanor & Grey” as Want to Read:
Eleanor & Grey

Eleanor & Grey

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  7,090 ratings  ·  1,266 reviews
Greyson East left his mark on me.

As the young girl who first fell for him, I didn’t know much about life. I did know about his smiles, though, and his laughs, and the strange way my stomach flipped when he was near.

Published April 8th 2019

·  7,090 ratings  ·  1,266 reviews

Start your review of Eleanor & Grey
Bibi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
**Spoilers**

How is it that Cherry continually recycles the same characters and plot?
And would it kill her to deviate from the norm by writing a story that doesn't include

A) Death of an off-page /on-page character which is then ruthlessly and simultaneously utilized as a tearjerker and plot twist.

B) The heroine "rescuing" the mostly despondent yet completely gorgeous widower/father/douchy hero

C) A heroine who's neither ambitious nor self-aware; living only to ensure the "happiness" of the
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ELEANORE & GREY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Brittainy C. Cherry. Spoken in Dual POVs. Split up into two parts. This review will be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic He was him..I was me..And we were us..This was us..This was our story.

Eleanore & Grey is so unpredictable, utterly unique and unputdownable in every sense. This is not just your ordinary romance. It is
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I am a huge Brittainy fan but this book fell short for me.

I loved teen Ellie and Grey. The first 30% of the book happens in 2003 when Grey is 17 and Ellie 16. I adored their relationship and how much they loved each other. Sadly life happened and they lost touch.

Fast forward 15 years and Grey and Ellie meet again. This is the part where the book lost a little of its magic for me. Grey lost his wife, which he loved deeply, and is father to 2 girls. Ellie is a nanny and starts working for him.
Brittainy Cherry
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Eleanor & Grey, a Second Chance Romance, is coming this April 8th! <3
***
Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our separate ways, I held on to our memories, let go of my first crush, and wished for the day I’d find him again.

When my wish came true, it
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Wow.... Don’t you absolutely love a read where you get lost in it, taken away?? This read was it for me. It was like don’t touch me, do not talk me, just leave me alone so I can get to the end of this book

I have no doubt this journey will effect you, in many ways, but at the end, who can deny love

Hands down recommend this book for all you second chance trope lovers. Be prepared to smile, to cry-and I mean ugly cry, and be ready to love. This author has that beautiful magic to sweep you away

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We weren’t touching, but I swore I felt him. I felt his heartbeats. When he hurt, my heart cried. When he was in pain, my eyes were the ones to weep. That’s how close the two of us were. Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.

AMAZING!!! I am so in love with this story and Brittainy C.
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: Right off the bat I have to say that Ms. Cherry always taps into my emotions, and she definitely did that with this book! I know to expect to shed at least a few tears when I pick her books up, and this didn't disappoint! I f-loved their past relationship. I f-loved Grey in the past. I, however, struggled some with the Grey of the present. I also struggled a lot with the fact that we don't hardly get any time with them as a couple in the present! It was mostly
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this is so emotional grief and friendship story! I loved Brittainy Cherry’s talented writing! I adore her Elements series !( Silent Waters and The Air he breathes are all my favorites) This book is a little softer if you compare it with her previous works.
This book is mostly about two people’s reconnection to pass through the obstacles the life throws at their way and share their loneliness after they lost their loved ones.
It’s a sweet, heartwarming family story. It’s about surviving
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm feeling just like this... <3

Another wonderful book from Ms. Cherry! :)

Expected publication: April 8th 2019
*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

----------------------

BLURB :

Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our
Wil Loves Books!
“5 - More of This, Stars!”

“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.”

More of This. Yes, please More of This. More amazing, beautiful and quality writing like this is what we need in this world. Brittainy Cherry is so freaking talented. I don’t know how she does it but every new book of hers tops the last, and so on. She’s always in my
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Still Here Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-Sometimes in life you just have to leap.
-You have to take the leap, and just trust that you can fly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eleanor Gable is a sixteen year old living in Raine, Illinois when Greyson East enters her life. She’s the awkward introvert who often felt invisible and could usually be found somewhere quiet reading, and he’s the popular gorgeous boy at her high school who could have any girl he wanted. She can’t figure it out, but for some reason he’s
Melanie A.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ku
3.5 STARS!
"I think people underestimate how important just showing up is."
So . . . all the mixed reviews, I get it now.

And sorry, my wonderful GR friends, my review will also be mixed - though not for the same reason as many others.

0 - 40%: 5 STARS!

Nerdy, reserved teenage girl meets popular, outgoing teenage boy. Sounds cliché, I know, but honestly, the first half of this book was FABULOUS.

The writing was on-point. Every scene built up the story and the characters. Every scene was
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Happy"

Starting a Brittainy C cherry book is like cocooning yourself in the most softest blanket that you’ve ever felt. Not only do you feel safe and warm, but there’s this kind of peace that centers you and you will give anything to try and keep that feeling. Her words are like a healing balm over broken hearts diminishing endless tears that had no choice, but to flow in the stream of utter despair on the flesh of the damaged and lost souls.

At
Gabby
"More of that"
Ughhhh this book was so good. I had a feeling I would love it because Brittainy C Cherry is a favorite of mine, but damn this book made me emotional. Thanks to my bff Jacqueline for sending me a copy of this book! This story follows Eleanor and Greyson, who first meet as teenagers in high school and fall for each other very quickly. Then they lose touch and we follows them years and years later as they reconnect.

This book has two things in it that I usually don't like in
Nas
- Spoilers

Eleanor & Grey? Should have been called Nicole & Grey because the second half was all about her and how much Grey loved her with all his heart.

Yes, I am in the minority here, but I despised this book. Although, I did adore part 1 but that adoration was completely ruined by the last half so that's always nice.

Note to self: ALWAYS FUCKING READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE STARTING A BOOK YOU ABSOLUTE DICKHEAD. I can only blame myself, it was my mistake reading this but never again.

Hero
Dilek VT
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as nope
Shelves: death-of-ex
First I was hesitant to read this book as I needed to know why they were separated in the first place so that I could decide if I wanted to read it or not. But the problem lies elsewhere, not why they were separated.

My dear friend Sanzida suggested that I read the following review, which she thought would help me to decide to read this book or not. And it really did.

Shortly, the heroine seems to be the second best to the hero who lost his wife and still
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Meh Stars
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

"We were still broken, and cracked, and growing and learning. We were mistakes and perfection, flowing streams and hurricanes."

Such a beautiful story, the journey of Eleonor and Grey is sweet,emotional and intense.It was realistic and original.

description

I adored the characters,Eleanor and Grey met when they were young , I liked how their story goes it was emotional. Eleanor is a fantastic heroine,strong and sweet. I could feel everything they went through.They have fears ,they make mistakes like
NiCoLeTa E.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***5+++ "Still here... & More of that..." stars***

"He was him. I was me. And we were us. This was us. This was our story." {Eleanor}

"She was her, I was me, and we were us. There was no label for it. We were just two people helping each other breathe." {Greyson}

I really don't know why i don't want to write reviews the way i always do when it's about a book by Brittainy C. Cherry!!!
The only sure is that I'm always emotionally overloaded and the words don't find the way to get out of me
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This is Brittany at her finest! All finesse and spot on. Mixing the cute and the sad. Blending ray of sunshine with weeping skies. Perfect balance.

4,5 stars
“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family."

This story is filled with moments.

Moments to smile tenderly with the meet cute of Eleanor and Grey at a party that bookworm Eleanor did not want to attend. I love that scene at the party. I can see it so clearly. It's cute funny and
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Eleanor Gable and Greyson East came from two different worlds. A shared experience brought them together and formed an unlikely friendship. But as the friendship blossomed, they were forced to find their own path. Years later, they were brought back together but nothing was like what they knew and remembered.

“Please don’t do this…”
“Do what?”
“Make it so clear that I’m failing this family.”

It’s been a long time since
mel
h was definitely second best and y'all know that's my number one hated trope.

BUT the first half was so good and the writing is beautiful. though, can't forget how Greyson got over Eleanor really quickly and got together with his wife so fast, even while he was still talking to the girl he "loves" aka our h.

was she not worth it?
was she, dare i say, forgettable ?

i don't know but i've read another book with similar situation to this (Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez) but it was kinda worse
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brittainy Cherry, you have done it again, broken my heart to a gazillion pieces and then pieced it back together piece by piece. What a heartbreaking and breathtaking love story that spanned 15 years that left me a blubbering mess!

Right from the Prologue, your heart will be put through the ringer. Grey and Eleanor were there for each other when they were younger. They gave each other the strength to continue when they felt like they could not keep going. Fast forward 15 years and once again they
Elizabeth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Update: I ended up reading this bc it was KU, and I am weak. All my thoughts below still stand. The heroine existed simply to give the hero a reward for having to go through losing the real love of his life. She will never know what it feels to be a first choice or be loved above all. She should have also had a love so they both come to the table from an equal place looking for a second chance at happiness, not a place where the heroine is just a default choice for him. The author tried to ...more
~♡AB♡~
(view spoiler)
Ari
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3 I am definitely sorry for not loving it more stars

Okay, so this is officially a major #MeNotYou with this one. I think I should love it more, but the sweetness overwhelmed me, and triggered all my diabetic impulses.

And it becomes even more apparent when you really feel nada for a book written by your unicorn author. And really, that's all that I can say for this because it's not like I have a lot to say. I don't hate this book, but I just don't love this either.

*cue sighs*
Lien
There's no way I can talk about this book without spoilers, so here it is. The spoiler warning.
In all the years I've been reading romance, I've never had the feeling that the heroine was ever "second-best" to a widower with kids (because let's be honest, that's how most of these stories go, if there's a widower, there's at least one kid around). But now I get it. I do. Because this is precisely how I felt while reading this book.

The important factor here is that the H and h knew and loved
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
Can this woman write a bad book?!
Brittainy C. Cherry has become one of my go to authors. I haven't read a single book that I haven't enjoyed written by Cherry.

E&G - Teaser 1 AN.jpg

Eleanor & Grey is a beautifully breathtaking novel.
A slow burn romance that will leave your heart feeling breathless with all the emotions and feeling that are definitely going to course through your veins as you read this book.

Brace yourself for an awesome read because Eleanor & Grey is beautiful, heartbreaking, hopeful and just
Talon
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Maybe all people needed sometimes was for someone to keep showing up for them during the hard days. Even when they tried their best to push everyone away."

Cue major freak out because I have finally read a five star book. I am so shook up right now!

Does everything that Brittainy Cherry touch turn to gold and emotional break downs OR WHAT?! I mean seriously. How in the world does this woman write the books that she does?! HOW?! Every time I read a B. Cherry book, I'm reminded that deep down
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: shelly
There is no question that Eleanor & Grey's story is remarkable. It's deeply emotional and compelling to read. It's written in a way that feels beautiful and gentle, even as it doles out punch after punch to your heart. It was a deeply touching love story.

Unfortunately, for me, it wasn't really a romance.

And God, I really wanted a romance. I wanted less time experiencing Grey's grief and more time with my heart fluttering over his budding (or rekindling) feelings for Eleanor. I felt like I
Turning Pages At ...: Eleanor & Grey by Brittainy C. Cherry 39 23 May 20, 2019 07:17PM
Review, Five Stars, Contemporary Romance 1 7 Apr 10, 2019 06:07PM

• Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Method
  • My Life in Shambles
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Savaged
  • Marriage for One
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • For Lila, Forever
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Jersey Six
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Where the Blame Lies
“Being human is weird.
I'd much rather be an alien.”
3 likes
“„I've never read Harry Potter,” he said, and for the first time in my life, I felt bad for Greyson East.

What a sad, sad life he lived.”
3 likes