Start by marking “Dead Inside (Temporary Bliss #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Inside (Temporary Bliss #1)

Dead Inside

(Temporary Bliss #1)

Pain and heartbreak. Tears and blood. Life’s never been easy for Alex. Pushed to become a male prostitute and also having to deal with trauma and abuse in the relationship with his boyfriend, doesn’t help a 19-year-old stay sane. In his struggle and desperation to get out of that toxic environment, he soon finds himself in the middle of something much worse.

Caught between
Published September 23rd 2018 by A.W. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead Inside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Inside

Lorrie
Thanks to Jan for putting this on her to-read lost because it showed up in my updates feed. I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It looked interesting and was KU so I started reading it and couldn't put it down. It completely sucked me in. Alex tugged at my heartstrings; I felt his desperation and sadness and utter exhaustion with his life, and the tiny bursts of hope. This kid just could NOT catch a break. Everyone around him saw him as nothing but a possession and toy, and he just wante ...more
Steph ☀️
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting....

I have to say the underlying story, though a bit flawed, was good. My only complaints are that this story is in need of an editor and some of Alex’s inner dialogue, seemed a bit too much at times. I will definitely continue on with series. Please be warned that besides a cliffhanger, the story has talks about suicide, noncon, a suicide attempt, torture and death.
Tina LoveBooksDK
(*•.★.•*★★*•.★.•*)
❤🖤LOVE IT🖤❤ (.•*★*•.★★.•*★*•.)

Get ready bc Miss Ward is going to take you for an emotional roller coaster ride❤

I would recommend you to read the BLURB, before reading this book, bc it is not for the faint-hearted.

I had the pleasure of beta read this very touching & interesting story! Not a love and a flowers kind of book, it's dark all the way through, and it will catch you from the very first page.

Make it stop. I want to make it stop. I can’t breathe.

Alex - My poor s
Jill Hughes
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Temporary Bliss: Dead Inside is a story of a loss soul, Alex, trapped in the midst of powerful mob bosses using him like a piece of property, until he realizes he is dead inside and how he plans on escaping his fate.

This is a tragic but beautiful look from within our MC’s point of view as he navigates through his life battling love, loss, friendship and hate, trying to determine who really loves him and who is using him. Alex wonders if he has ever found love before or was he mistaken?

The story
Carol Dawn
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, I want to warn everyone, (because not everyone actually listens when they read it) DO NOT TAKE THE WARNING LIGHTLY! IT IS THERE FOR A REASON! So many people will read a warning and ignore it thinking that they can handle it and then complain in the comments about it. If an author says, warning, listen to it. This book is stocked full of possible triggers.

Okay, now that that’s out of the way…

My reviews are solely based on my opinion and feelings. I’m not a storyline reviewer.

T
Susan65
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls

Harsh, cold, cruel, heartless, helpless, and hopeless. These are just a few of the adjectives that describe this story. We can’t forget the violence and complete disregard for humanity either. But, in the midst of all that blackness lies a chance. A chance that by the end a small piece of Alex will survive and find a token of peace. A very small chance.

This story takes place in Bucharest, Romania, and includes clashing Romanian and Russian mafia’s that both en
Kaila
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg omg omg omg omg... like im not entirely sure i have words for this review haha.. it is.. everything.. these characters were so horrible and amazing at the same time.. i didnt know whether to hate or love them lol. what do i even say.. alex had my heart from the start.. he was so young.. so loving and just needed and wanted someone.. unfortuantly stefan wasnt that person but thats who and what he knew even through the bad. raymond.. i will admit i also fell head over heels for him as well.. h ...more
Julie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark, intense but so good!

This is a dark story about a young man, Alex, who was forced to become a rent boy in Bucharest, Romania when he is kicked out of his house for being gay. At the Beginning, we learn about his struggles living with Stefan who is his pimp and at times he believes he loves for helping him off the streets when no one wanted him (even if he sends him off to sleep with others, and physically and mentally abuses him). As the book progresses there are many twists in turns as the
Shaztwirl
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Mixed Emotions

I'm still confused as to what's going on in this book. I wasn't even sure which country it was set in for hours! I know it's already a long story but a couple of paragraphs to explain the setting and the footage in either side would have been useful. Also, the story read as if written by someone for whom English might not be their first language? There were a few sentence construction issues.
But I did want to wrap Alex in my arms and protect him from all the bad guys and I maybe ev
Maddie I.
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars is far too little for the mix of emotions that this book made me live, if I had the possibility, I would have given it 10 stars.
So far, I think I have never found such a real and disturbing presentation of depression, it helped me understand better this phenomenon that seems to be growing more and more around the world.
This story has everything, as very few authors dare to write their books nowadays, especially those who are writing for the first time. It is a lecture that can't be rec
SaBine K.
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a trip on a rollercoaster. So much pain, so much violence, so much hopelessness. And to think this is the real life for so many.... . I just wanted to wrap Alex in my arms and take him away to a safer place.
I hope there will be soon a second book, because I need to know where the story will end, even if there just can't be a HEA. Or would it be possible?
Brommel