Start by marking “Red as Snow (A Twist of Adventure, #3)” as Want to Read:
Red as Snow (A Twist of Adventure, #3)

Red as Snow

(A Twist of Adventure #3)

Rose is not yet seventeen and is the widow of the king. Her stepdaughter, who is nine years her elder, must marry or else forfeit the throne to her power-hungry cousin. Snow never was a great beauty, and having a beautiful stepmother just complicates things.

Can they join together to overcome the adversity surrounding them - or will betrayal and old wounds tear them apart
Published October 24th 2018 by GiraffeCrafts

To ask other readers questions about Red as Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red as Snow

Erika Mathews
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unique and interesting. How can it be so straightforward and yet so twisty at the same time? Naive, helpful little Rose was a delight of a heroine. 3.5 stars.
C.B. Cook
I love twists on fairytales, and this may be one of my favorite Snow White retelling! All of the twists were so intriguing and the overall storyline was great as well. Highly recommended!
Red as Snow is the latest addition to Kendra E. Ardnek's Twist of Adventure series. Like the other books in the series, it twists and reverses roles of particular story elements, creating a new, unique story. In this case, Kendra doesn't limit herself with regard to what she switches up — though she keeps all the most important elements of Snow White, only two of those elements have more or less the same role as they did originally.

This switching up of roles makes for an interesting story, if n
Meredith Burton
Oct 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
My computer is unwilling to cooperate and allow me to rate books, but I give Red as Snow five stars. Ms. Ardnek's short story is a delightful twist on the classic tale. What if Snow White were older than her stepmother?

When seventeen-year-old Rose's much older husband dies, she cannot exactly be sorry. She barely knew him, after all. However, Rose knows that her duty lies in protecting her stepdaughter, who is ten years her senior. Snow's conniving cousin, Charmel, desires the throne for himself
Grace T
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short story it may be, but there's a lot packed in. I love the twist of the Snow White and stepmother roles being flipped (kind of), and I was so glad Noland got his happy ending (and Charmel his comeuppance. That big slick nasty guy). A fun quick read.
Cate
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended for ages 12 and up.
Skye
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was immediately taken with this story. Rose is in quite a predicament with the King dead and her older stepdaughter set to take the throne. It's as awkward for her as it sounds, but she handles the whole situation far better than I would. I think this is one of the first stories I've read, where the supposed Evil Queen is the heroine and you actually feel a lot of sympathy for her. It's a fun take, I found myself laughing quite a bit, courtesy of Noland, one of Rose's seven brothers. It remind ...more
Esther
Feb 02, 2019
KJ Borman
Jun 26, 2019
Brie Donning
Dec 02, 2018
Kathryn McConaughy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
"Snow needs a husband in order to claim her throne, but it’s hard to compete with a younger, prettier stepmother." Isn’t that just the greatest tag line?
When the old king dies, his ambitious nephew digs up a law that requires Princess Snow to be married in order to hold the throne. If she remains single, she forfeits her claim and rule devolves on nephew Charmel. But it’s not easy for a no-longer-young princess to find a husband when her pretty stepmother is nearby… and her own history makes her
Marquise
Tori
Sep 14, 2019
Patience
Oct 03, 2019
Kendra E. Ardnek has been writing her own stories since she was a toddler. She fell in love with books, drama, and fairy tales at a very young age - and has been filling notebooks with her stories for years. Joining NaNoWriMo gave her an opportunity to be a published author at 16.

She writes her blog, homeschools, cooks, knits, and crafts when she isn't writing stories and acting them out with her

A Twist of Adventure (3 books)
  • CinderEddy (A Twist of Adventure, #1)
  • Poison Kiss (A Twist of Adventure, #2)