Start by marking “The Dating Dare” as Want to Read:
The Dating Dare

The Dating Dare

No one gets under Lily Holladay’s skin quicker than her ex-best friend Parker Hayes. Popular and completely full of himself, he goes out of his way to make her life miserable. Too bad he lives right next door making avoiding him near impossible.

Parker Hayes can’t stand Lily Holladay, but not for the reasons she thinks. He made a huge mistake when he pushed her
Published November 1st 2018

Start your review of The Dating Dare
Yoda
This is one of those fluffy books that are super predictable in terms of plot. I read this kind of books when I cant sleep and no one is awake to judge my kindle shopping spree.

Lily and Parker are dared to date for the summer even though they hate each other, but not really. Its one of those annoying books where the girl has to be a virgin cause god forbid she isnt pining for the guy that hates her.
Christy Bailey
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book!

This was yet another cute YA book! The story line was good and this kinda had the feel of a YA version of bully by Penelope Douglas. It was a quick read so the events were fast paced but still a very enjoyable read!
Alaina
Okay it was cute.. but a bit frustrating?

The Dating Dare definitely had a cute concept. Dare two kids to be a couple.. and watch the magic happen. However, some things annoyed or frustrated me in this book. In it, you will meet Lily and Parker. They are next door neighbors and one has always had a crush on another. Although... they both have had a crush on one another at one point.

Now these two used to be best friends and this is kind of like a best friends to lovers kind of romance. The guy/>The
Coco.V
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/4/2019)! 🎁
Amanda S.
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I enjoyed this one. The plot is classic and pretty much cliche. But then again, nothing can go wrong with a cliche love story, right? It's predictable, but I adore it. My first time reading a book from this author and I think I'll read more!
SyLvIa
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read, 3-assorted
[1.75 star] book was ok however both characters felt a little childish with their actions.
Jessica Wannamaker
This young adult/high school age story is about enemies that have some deeply buried memories of when they were friends and when they were at the cusp of something more.

Lily and Parker have been picking on each other, verbal sparring and teasing each other for 4 years ever since they had their falling out.

Then one party dare that would never be passed up found them both fake dating or.... Dare dating for the summer. Except one visit to Parker's family lake house excelerated everything and forc
Chaos Book Reviews.
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Senior Year, Summer Vacation.

I loved this book!
Clean YA is not generally in my wheelhouse, but every now and then I find myself drawn in by a High School experiance different than my own.
And let me tell you, I loved Parker! That kid may not have known how to get what he wanted, but he knew.

But it wasn't just Parker that I loved about this story. Set in the summer before Senior Year all the typical High School drama is left behind, forgotten so to speak & you get to see what the character
Arceli
This novel was a nice quick read. It was really nice and angsty. I really liked the love/hate relationship between Lilly and Parker. Their chemistry was sizzling in the pages. The push/pull angst didn't make me want to put the book down. And the build up to a huge climatic moment, really made the book enjoyable.

The romance was really nice. I liked how there was a lot of tension that dragged out. Nothing was rushed for a short novel. And the kisses between Parker and Lilly, they were like a fuse
Ashley Hall
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet read. My first book by this author and I plan on reading many more books by them. I really enjoyed this book. This book has sadness from loss, crazy high school parties, fun, laughter, anger, dumb boys, mischievous girls, missed opportunities, and finding love. The two main characters had spent their childhood as neighbors and best friends. Until tragedy and loss struck them both in different ways. They lost themselves, their way, and each other. But with the help of their friend ...more
Mindy
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't quite know what to expect since this is my first read from this author, but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the story. It was fast paced enough to keep me interested but not so fast it lost me or left out important details. The characters were lively and intriguing. Parker and Lily's story is one of childhood crushes, first time broken hearts, loss, and all the stupid things we do as teenagers. Parker and Lily have both had to deal with the loss of a parent and each tried t ...more
Caterina Shiver
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amazing storyline, but a few errors

I loved the characters and the whole storyline. It was funny and a really cute read. There were a lot of errors I found in the book (spelling and grammar) that could be fixed easily. One thing I didn’t like was that there wasn’t enough description of the characters to where I could picture them. There were a few things here and there, but overall it didn’t click. However, I could look past it because I loved the book. I would recommend it for anyone who’s lo
Rose
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books I though I'd pick up and it would be a cute, lighthearted and fluffy read to enjoy and pass the afternoon. I guess it was, but unfortunately the characters were rather unlikable; by the end I was getting sick of their tense, angst-driven interactions and wished they would just part ways! I really wasn't feeling the chemistry in this one. Overall, it was the characters and not the wiring that put me off. I'd be willing to give this author another shot in the future.
Val
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Neighbors to friends to enemies!

I mostly listen to this book. I was painting our house walls while I was listening to it and I have to say, I did enjoy the moments they had together, Parker and Lily. It’s a bit predictable & delightful read- just what I was aiming for. I dig the plot & all the characters. This is my 1st read on this author :). You have to keep in mind, they are in high school when reading this book!
Barbara
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well-written teen/young adult story of a second chance after everything fell apart the year they really both needed each other. A clean romance. This is a new Author that I will be watching to see how she does, I hope this is going to be a series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Teya Peck
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It's definitely correct that men are from mars and woman are from venus but this kid takes it to the extreme. I'm not sure which I like if either of them. There both idiot. They're both full of pride and prejudice. The one thing I like was the ending, but then it has to be a happily ever ending, right? Cause it's a love story.
Kimberly
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult romance read. The characters are good and they had good chemistry. The story is one of a clean romance with little bit of sexual nature in the dialogue but no sexual acts other than kissing.

Tanya
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They lived next door but a misunderstanding has made them enemies. They dare each other to date each other for the summer. Is their hate really masking a love they feel? Follow them through the summer and see what will happen

Auda
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Dare that could have been better written

“Dare thing” in most YA books is the one that makes the relatioship between two “enemies” possible. Usually, it is the most interesting part - the type of dare and how they overcome their differences. In this book main heorine was just impossible. I could not stand her and her mumbling and self-esteem problems. It wasn’t even funny.
Georgette
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I think I’m partially lowering my rating due to the people on the cover not even a little bit matching the characters I imagined while reading this book.

There were some typos and other similar problems that really speak to the need for better editing.

Overall, I enjoyed the story and cared about the main characters. It was a fun and quick read.
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet, clean young adult romance. Entertaining storyline and enjoyable characters. If you like sweet, clean, YA you will love this one!

LeAnna
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I read this book in 2 days! It’s all I could do to keep it in my hands. I got so tied up if Parker and Lily would be together in the end after they both suffered tragedies. Such a great romance!
Brandy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Real with the right amount of teenage angst.

Ahh, Friends two enemies to lovers. I love the storyline and the writing and editing kept the story flowing smoothly. Definitely bingeworthy.

Enjoy!
Linda Brown
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so true how young teens go though the process of feelings and their up and down emotions on the way to finding how to grow up ,and how sometimes hate can turn into something bigger than they could imagine .
N. Nieto
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truth or Dare?

It all started with a dare... That's how Parker and Lilly's whole relationship was, until it wasn't then it was again.
I love this story of friends to enemy's to lovers.
I dare you to read it!
Rebecca Kingshott
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book I enjoyed this light book. Parker and lily have this standoffish enemies to lovers plus ex best friend thing going on. They are very sweet though. In the end it all come together

Terri
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, quick read.
Momof3
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The dating dare

It’s a good book with a great story. I’m not a fan of all hateful things said to each other. I thought it went a bit far. Other than that great book.
Clra G
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The story was ok - quite cute. I read it in a day. My only issue was the clear lack of proofreading - there were several grammar issues, the worst being confusing “definitely” with “defiantly”.
JP Reviews
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute! It's a clean romance which I do enjoy sometimes more than the raunchier stories.

• I Hate You More
  • Truth or Dare (A Bayfield High Romance Book 1)
  • Say Anything
  • Perfectly Clueless (A Bayfield High Romance Book 3)
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • The Stand-In Boyfriend (Grove Valley High, #1)
  • Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild Book 1)
  • Never Have I Ever Faked a Boyfriend (Never Ever Love, #2)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High #3)
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High Book 2)
  • The Perfect Match (Kissing the Enemy, #2)
  • Misunderstanding the Billionaire's Heir (Sweet Water High, #1)
  • The Perfect Score (Kissing the Enemy Book 3)
  • Falling For My Nemesis: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 6)
  • Never Have I Ever Dated the Bad Boy (Never Ever Love, #3)
  • Chemistry of a Kiss (Sweet Water High #5)
  • My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild Book 2)
  • The New Girl (Oak Brook Academy #1)
A.R. Perry is an American-born author who has lived all over the US due to her wanderlust husband. She has a degree in photography and massage therapy yet somehow works in human resources.

When she’s not working, reading, or writing she can be found sleeping because the day is practically done. Thank goodness for coffee, chocolate, and Panic! At The Disco or nothing would ever get done.