Start by marking “Hide and Seek” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

Amara Clark is haunted. When her childhood friend, Asher, vanished during a seemingly ordinary game of hide and seek, she was left bewildered and alone.
Now, eight years later, memories of Asher are coming back to haunt her and she struggles to decipher the meaning of his disappearance. In a terrifying sequence of events, she comes to the deadly realization that a simple g
Published November 13th 2018 by Mya Gray

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide and Seek

Start your review of Hide and Seek
Mya Gray
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hey, look! It got a new cover! Victorialynndesigns.com did an amazing job. :D ALSO, I re-edited it.
A mystery fantasy novel geared toward ages ten and up! I had such a fun time writing this book and hope it finds its way to readers who will enjoy it. And yes, I rated my own book... but I'm pretty sure everyone does that. :)
Carlye Krul
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Mya, you are an extraordinary writer. I loved this book so much!
Contrary to what you told me, I still think Asher was tortured too much for my liking. The poor little boy.
And I have to make Amara and Rowan a thing, I totally ship them. Hmm... what about Amaran?
Lilian
Nov 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: reviews
Review on the day it releases!
Merie Shen
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a fun, unique read. I don’t read a ton of contemporary fiction (sigh, I really need to work on that) or suspense/thriller, but reading Hide and Seek reminded me of my long-gone old passion for mysteries… although, of course, this one was a little (okay, a lot) darker than the mysteries I used to read as an elementary-school-age kid.
Amara’s tale was quite the story! She and Rowan embark on a quest to find her old friend, Asher, who disappeared years ago during a game of hide-and-se
Salma
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you know when a book destroys you in the best possible way? Yup, that was this book.
Anna
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars.

The story itself was good. There was a lot of suspense, and Mya is great at conveying emotion in her writing, something that's surprisingly hard to find. The story was creative and didn't seem cliche or familiar, and Amara, Rowan, and Asher all had distinct personalities. I didn't expect the part (twist?) in the middle, but it was a great addition to the story. This book was hands-down a page-turner. And the cover is beautiful.

The main reason why I marked this at "it was ok" was because
Heidi
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I remember getting this book right after it was published, a little while back. It was literally my favorite book, I think I read it five times one week😂 It was everything I looked for in a book, it had suspense, powers, a story line, and a touch of romance, which is impossible not to ship.. Anyways, now, one to one and a half years later, I’m in bed, at 1:39 AM thinking about it..I’ve slacked off reading lately..but this is the one book I actually can’t wait to read again! Btw, I just found it ...more
Aaliyah Raine
Gray Cox
Jun 16, 2019
Angela Watts
Jul 06, 2019

• Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Criminal Destiny (Masterminds, #2)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Payback (Masterminds, #3)
  • Masterminds (Masterminds, #1)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles, #4)
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • A Jar of Fireflies
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Plan to Fail (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #2)
  • Five Star Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #7)
  • The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1)
  • Deadwood (Crockett and Crane, #2)
  • Christmas in Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley Case Files, #2)
  • Spindle Dreams: A Sleeping Beauty Story (Once Upon a Twist Tales, #2)
  • Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #4)
Mya Gray is a Christian teen with a love for imaginary worlds and fictional characters. While she spends the majority of her free time reading and writing stories, she also enjoys photography, blogging, and playing piano. Mya is an online high school student who resides in the Midwest with her parents, younger siblings, and cats.

News & Interviews

“Why, Rowan? Why are you not angry about this?” She stared at the smile shining on his face in disbelief.
He laughed and sat up straighter. ​“Because God saved me. Isn’t that a reason to be happy?”
2 likes