Start by marking “Saved by the Rockstar (Rich and Famous Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saved by the Rockstar (Rich and Famous Romance, #1)

Saved by the Rockstar

(Rich and Famous Romance #1)

One man won't let her fall.
Another won't let her go.

Julie is a famous author who avoids the limelight. Her only interaction with the outside world is her weekly vlog where she connects with her fans. When she raves about the rock star who has inspired her writing, he actually responds. For the first time, she considers stepping out of the safe world she’s created for he
Published September 22nd 2018

Start your review of Saved by the Rockstar (Rich and Famous Romance, #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3 🎤❤️ ✍️ 🌟s

Although short and predictable it was a cute and sweet romantic story. Ii had potential but I think it wasn’t developed enough in many aspects.
Mara
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Michelle Pennington is a new author to me (this is only my second read by her), but I really liked this book. Julie is a writer with big anxiety issues, but she does a weekly vlog for her fans. She's recently discovered a band, Sterling House, and she REALLY likes them.

Ryland Sterling, of the band Sterling House, has a younger sister who LOVES Julie's books. When Ryan sees Julie's vlog videos he notices she's very different than all the other women who want to meet him just because he's rich an
Coco.V
Aug 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/30/2019)! 🎁
Melissa
This felt a little Young Adult to me. I enjoyed how they just jumped into the romance on this one. These are seriously the fluff I need right now in my life. I like the way Pennington writes and have enjoyed these:} This is clean with some great kisses.
Christina
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this Book!

I kindof have a weakness for famous singer romances. Is that even a thing? Either way, I really love to read clean romances between a swoony music artist and their love interest. There’s just something about the way they transfer the passion of their music into the passion they feel for someone else that gets to me.

This book was fantastic!! I really loved our two main characters, Ryland and Julie. Ryland has the good-looking rockstar persona down, but also shows himself to be ju
Cindy Hale
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read!

I really enjoyed this one. I liked reading about how patient Ryland was with her anxiety and panic attacks. He was an amazing character. I also liked it that he didn’t live the wild partying lifestyle that most musicians live. His home was basically like my dream house so that was really fun to read about too. I used to live in Atlanta so I could totally picture the trees and sounds. It felt totally realistic.
Alisa
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Julie is an author who doesn't do well around a lot of people. Ryland is a rockstar whose livelihood depends on being around a lot of people. I loved watching them figure things out even when things got tough.

Content: Clean
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Bess
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, modern
Definitely a cute read. I called the antagonist the minute he showed up but that's okay. Yes, the book was very predictable but it was a fun read regardless! ...more
Christina Morley
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Feel-Good Story with Some Suspense

Michelle Pennington is a talented author writing clean romances across genres. Saved By the Rockstar is the first book in her new Rich and Famous Romance series. I enjoyed the story, but the writing style was a bit stilted, which isn't how I've experienced her other books. The characters are likable and there's some suspense. Ryland is a famous rockstar who is used to crowds and the paparazzi. Julie is a famous author and more of an introvert with anxiety iss
Connie
What a beautiful, (and clean), romance between a rock star and a romance writer. Julie suffers from anxiety to the point of avoiding crowds at all cost. How will that work as the girlfriend of a rock star? So she gives up and runs! Now what?
Jenny
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I’m looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Dena
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredibly romantic

I read the other book first with the movie stars and had to read about the rockstar. This was incredibly romantic and well written. The characters were amazing and I wish they were real. I felt like I was with them every step of the way in their relationship.
Pascale
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story, very similar to Julie Spencer’s stories and a Harlequin movie I watched several years ago. A clean romance. I liked it.
May
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
So many things I didn’t like about this book I barely know where to start. The good: I liked the premise, the story of an author who has social anxiety. The setup is good. But much of the book quite unbelievable, even for those of us who are willing to suspend disbelief for these books. Interestingly I found the most unbelievable details to be on the author characters ‘s part. Mostly I had problems when the fact that this book is very much a tell and now show. For story where the characters are ...more
Julianne Bellardo
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first book I read from this author, and though I pretty much enjoyed the story, it wasn’t a remarkable work.

I liked how she explored the situation with internet trolls and anxiety, and how people around us can run over our self-steam till we think we don’t deserve anything.

That being said, the almost insta love between Julie and Ryland, as well as the “true villain” was s bit common place to me. A been there, done that situation.

All in all, it was a very short, sweet story, a easy
Shana
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Annie
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a good read. Short, romantic, a little suspense thrown in. I really enjoyed the characters Julie and Ryland. At first I was a little worried about the character Julie. I was worried that she would use her panic attacks and anxiety as a crutch. She tried to on several occasions saying Ryland didn't deserve to be tied down with her anxiety but he was quick to correct that. I can also see how she had that mindset due to the emotional abuse Heath was doing to her. That guy gave me the creep ...more
Kerri
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book that I couldn't put down. I loved that the characters had real issues and they were supportive of each other in the book. The chemistry between Ryland and Julie leapt off the page. Julie had severe anxiety and a stalker that was making her life miserable. I enjoyed watching Julie battle her demons and come out with her head held high. Ryland had a heart of gold. I love that he had been through a lot, yet he had a gentle nature. The story unfolded well and had some intrigue ...more
Rebekah
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Edit errors, but cute clean story

There are some errors in this story. The biggest one to me was the airport scene where the characters are getting in a car and then it changes to a truck. That needs to be fixed. Overall cute fun story. I often find overly neurotic characters annoying because authors often overdue challenges, but I really liked Julie's character. She really struggles with anxiety and she seemed very real to me. This story though is pretty unrealistic, but what can I say...I like
Corina
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deanna
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable clean read

All is not as it appears.

An author with anxiety issues has her account followed by a troll which leaves her even more anxious. She mentions on one of her blogs that she gets inspiration from Sterling House a rock band, one member in particular.

The bands little sister who follows the author sees her post and tells her brother.

What starts out as just answer a blog turn into a budding friendship. When she is forced to fly to Atlanta to promote one of her books which is bein
Karen
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet escape! I loved everything about how the two mains met, fell for each other, and happily ever aftered.
No stranger to anxiety myself, I found Julie to be an authentic, lovely character who showed positive growth. Her celeb author status was icing on the cake.
Ryland fits the perfect book boyfriend mold well while still being a unique individual. I also enjoyed reading about his interactions with his loving family.
In conclusion: fun premise, great writing, relatable characte
Cori Mcgowen
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A very sweet story

A very sweet romance, I enjoyed the characters and Julie and Ryland as a couple. I just felt like the book was lacking in depth. We didn't learn a lot about them as people, or anything about Julie's family at all or what happened to Ryland's dad and how long ago it was, or even how Julie and Heath became friends and how long they had been friends. I know it may not seem like a big thing but to me those types of details are important in a story, I want to feel like I know these
Serena Fritz
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't like giving low reviews

This book felt to rushed. Julie actually drove me crazy. She had no faith in herself and I don't think she ever got over that. She was to woe is me. I actually hated her to be honest she made me want to slap her.

Ryland made the book worth it i enjoyed his character. I enjoyed how he was a clean rock star, but there was underlining issued with one of his brothers that after the build-up was fixed in 2 statements. No just no. I don't understand how this got such high
Anne Wingate
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cryin' Over --

Well, not over you, but maybe over Ryland and Julie.
Julie writes love stories, but she doesn't want to live them. Painfully shy, she is subject to panic attacks at the least thought of crowds or flying.
Ryland sings for a living, and that means crowds and flying.
So never the twain shall meet, except that they do.
Pennington writes so well that the reader moves into the world of the stories. That's good the best way to write.Recommended for all readers of clean romance.
Bibliophile
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Saved by the Rockstar

Saved by the Rockstar - Julie's a writer with crippling anxiety and a stalker that keeps her hiding out at home. The mention of her favorite musician, Ryland Sterling, on her vlog garners the attention of the rock star himself. He finds something compelling about her and she is drawn to him. As their relationship deepens, so does the angst of her stalker and their fate is in jeopardy.
Hayley Bradshaw
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Lots of holes

I liked the story, in general. But it was very short and rushed. All of a sudden they’re in love! No build up. And her internet troll’s identity is glaringly obvious from about chapter three on. Also, Julie’s personality is so confusing. She has crippling anxiety, but other than that she’s completely normal? It just doesn’t seem super realistic.

Overall, I liked the story.
Jessica Liza
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this short story. Both characters had great personalities and were very down to earth. I loved her anxiety issues and his acceptance and love of them. Quite frankly, I’m glad her issues didn’t disappear just by his love. That’s very unrealistic and I’m glad the author stuck with that. I’m also glad the stalker part was small. Those storylines creep me out and I’m glad it was short. Maybe I’m just really in the mood, but this book was really good!
Poppy & Pages
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
For some reason I have a thing for famous people romances. When I saw this series I knew I needed to try it and book one did not disappoint.

Normally I prefer when the famous person falls in love with an nobody, but Julie and Ryland’s had me smiling from the first chapter. I love the support they showed each other and the confidence they each had in their professions.

🤓 Final thoughts: downloading the full series now
🧼 Squeaky Clean: mild language, steamy kisses
Toni
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Julie and Ryland were such a cute couple. They met online and there was instant attraction. I liked that first they developed a friendship by spending a lot of time talking. Julie has a major pronlem though - she has crowds anxiety. How can such a girl be with a famous singer? Ms. Pennington tells us how.
Narrative: 3rd person following Julie and Ryland
Religion: none
Sensuality: clean, some kissing
« previous 1 3 next »

• How to Not Fall for the Guy Next Door
  • Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)
  • Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #1)
  • All's Fair in Love and Blood
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Don't Fall for Trouble (Rockford High #2)
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • Fighting for Love: A Return to Snow Valley Romance
  • How to Switch a Groom (Jepson Brothers #2)
  • The Blindsided Groom (Last Play Masquerade Romances Book 4)
  • The Stranded Patriot (Steele Family #2)
  • The Ever After Groom (Last Play Masquerade Romances #3)
  • The Stormy Warrior: Navy SEAL Romance (O'Brien Family Romance)
  • I Do (Sorta) (My Fake Husband Romance #1)
  • Falling for Her Billionaire Best Friend

Rich and Famous Romance (4 books)
  • Saved by the Movie Star (Rich and Famous Romance, #2)
  • Saved by the Billionaire (Rich and Famous Romance, #3)
  • Saved by the Prince (Rich and Famous Romance, #4)

News & Interviews