Start by marking “Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)

Side Hustle

(Dawson Family #3)

When Scarlet Cooper takes a new job as a nanny, she assumes she’s going to work for the rich couple who hired her. But instead of pulling up to their million-dollar estate, she finds herself on the front porch of a humble farmhouse, looking into the eyes of dark and brooding single dad, Weston Dawson.

It’s bad enough that Weston doesn’t have a fortune to charm out of him, b
Published December 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Side Hustle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Side Hustle

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳A single father and baby-sitter romance that takes the emotional aspect that makes your heart stop and then beat the fastest that it will ever do with such a compelling romance novel...

➳When it comes down to single father and babysitter, I have such a weakness for them and there is no stopping me from requesting them. So when I see that a new author that I read this year has a single father romance up her sleeve, then you can sign me up! Scarlet and Weston are two individuals in which have em
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Side Hustle brings readers back to the Dawson family with single father, Weston, and his new nanny, Scarlet. Scarlet is a down on her luck woman who tosses her morals out the window in order to make the money she needs to care for her father. While Weston is running for town Sheriff. An odd combination for sure, but one that had me intrigued.

Scarlet and Weston just clicked right away and it was clear that they belonged together. I loved the connection these two sha
D.M.
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Cooper likes the quick easy money. She’s a professional hustler and her morals are tainted. Her father isn’t well and she will do whatever she can to give him a comfortable life. Scarlet is from the wrong side of town, she has made some bad choices and her sister is currently in prison. She isn’t a bad person. She’s a survivor. It’s time for Scarlet to find a new hustle. A rich family to exploit or a husband to blackmail, but this time she’s about to find more than she bargained for. The ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Side Hustle is a cute, sweet,steamy and heartwarming story. Scarlet and Wes have a great relationship!

description

I loved the concept, it was one of my favorite and the characters nailed this story.Both of them have their faults and I loved seeing them together in the end.

Scarlet was a strong heroine and Wes was hot and protective.

Adriana Locke
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are few things I like more than a well-written small town love story. There are few of those I like as much as Side Hustle by Emily Goodwin.
This story blew me away. The characters are so relatable. I was cheering for them from the moment they walked on the page. The setting is perfect (small town Indiana girl here!), the banter hilarious, and the feels on-point.
Goodwin outdid herself with this charming, witty romance. I finished hours ago and still find myself thinking of Wes and Scarlet a
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Awesome love story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have a heart at all, you will completely fall for the characters in this book. Starting with Scarlet. She is the epitome of a down on your luck, hard life character who has a questionable past but truly wants to do the right thing.

Goodwin did a fabulous job with this character. Even though the intentions at the beginning were not right, the fact that she is so enamored with a regular life really struck a chord with me.

Then bring in Weston. Totally d
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah wow. This was an amazing read!

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

I’m a sucker for a good romance, I swear I really am. Romance books are my absolutely weakness, any kind tbh but damn I love them so much and Side Hustle, it’s everything I love about a romance. It’s fun, witty and gives you feels, all the feels.

Wes and Scarlet are two characters you won’t go forgetting anytime soon.

Scarlet hasn’t had in easy in life, with her family scattered she’s alone in love and in need of mone
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Make A Wish" Stars
I was already charmed by the Dawson family after reading Quinn and Archer’s duet, but with Side Hustle I developed an even stronger attachment to them. Emily Goodwin shows her genius with this heartfelt story I couldn’t put down. Not only the romance is gorgeous and passionate, but the fact Weston is a single dad and a cop drawn to the new nanny made it so more alluring.

"Sometimes you laugh so you don't cry."
"I think that's what I've been doing my whole life."

Scarl
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)

Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Emily did it again! Boy do I love the Dawson gene, not only did I completely swoon over Weston but Jackson completely stole my heart, that kid omg!! He is so special. He and his daddy are the perfect little duo and honestly, there is just no way anyone is able to be around them and not fall madly in love with them both.Well... there is one person but she's wacko so it's explained.

I'd been so excited for this book since Quinn's duet ended and it did not disappoint one bit, it
Suey_Library
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insert screaming face here - seriously, wam-bam thank you ma'am, please give me some more! Emily, you did again, just spectacular. Take all the damn stars and give me more!

Right off the bat, something I wasn't expecting was to actually enjoy reading a nanny-single dad romance trope. I have read them before, they are cute, but nothing ever strikes me as a WOW factor in these types of dynamics, but Emily just shattered this utterly and completely. Honestly I think the biggest issues I have with m
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Is the con artist getting conned? Is the universe finally catching up to me, and this is its way of giving me the middle finger while laughing out a big fuck you?"

It was that cover...sigh. Yeah, I admit I kind of have a thing for a man with a man bun. It got my attention and that's how I ended up reading my first Emily Goodwin book. Yes, I know it's the third in the series, but I read it as a standalone. And now, after meeting the Dawson Family, I want to read all of them.

Scarlet has the wo
April Symes
Side Hustle bring readers back to the Dawson family and this time it's single father, Weston, and his new nanny, Scarlet that heat up the pages for the readers reading pleasure.
Scarlet is a down on her luck woman who tosses her morals out the window in order to make money she needs to care for her father. While Weston is running for town Sheriff. What an intriguing combination- the cop and the con-woman. Fierce and Full of Heat!!! Scarlet knew she was way over her head the minute she laid eyes
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Candice

One of the things I love the most about being a reader/blogger is coming across new to me authors and falling in love with their stories.

Side Hustle was my first book by this author, and it’s safe to say I found a new favorite to add to my automatic one click list!

I enjoyed this book so much!

Scarlett, I think did the best she could with the hand in life she had been dealt. She didn’t make the best decisions all the time, but at the core I truly believe she was a good person
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
“I’ve come to believe my heart is shriveled and small like the Grinch’s, but unlike a children’s story, no amount of singing and kindness can make mine grow and start beating inside my chest. It can’t. Because beating hearts get broken.”

I absolutely adored getting to come back to this family! And as with every single one of Emily’s books I’ve read, I absolutely adored this book. She brings the romance but she always puts a little something extra in there - and it really does make the book amaz
Jos
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 SEXY Stars

I FLOVED Wes and Scarlet, yep whole-heartedly loved them:) . The whole family was great and if I am being honest, I skipped ahead to this book in the series BUT plan to go back from the start.

The secondary characters were all as great as Wes and Scarlet and I know I am knew to this series BUT I am so super intrigued by Dean and most especially, Kara.....not sure wth is going on there and maybe because I skipped ahead I would have known but yeah those two as brief as they were in th
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Side Hustle by Emily Goodwin is book Three in the Dawson Family series. This is the story of Scarlet Cooper and Weston Dawson. I haven't yet read the previous books, so for me this was a standalone book. Scarlet has to walk on the wrong side and do some hustling to get money to take care of her dad. Thinking her next job will be for a rich family she ends up with the totally opposite of that. Weston is a single father who wife up and left him and his son. Now working towards running for sheriffs ...more
Mandy
I am a sucker for a good single dad romance. There is something so incredibly sexy about a man who loves and takes care of his child. Wes was an amazing father and the perfect hero. Non-manwhore who works hard and prefers to spend time with his son than chase women = perfection! I loved this book, the romance, the characters, the banter - everything! There was a kind of unique plot to thiis one with the heroine being a bit of a bad girl but she's just been trying to survive. This was a fantastic ...more
Natasha
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Cooper is a con-artist. Growing up, caring for her younger brother and sister, she had to do what she could to get by. When she gets a job as a nanny, she thinks she will easily be able to Con the rich couple who hires her- only to pull up to Weston's farmhouse.
Weston Dawson swore off women after his wife left only weeks after giving birth to their son. This former solider, now a cop, doesn't want to admit he needs help. When Quinn hires a nanny for him it took a little time to warm up t
Heather andrews
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wes doesn't have to be told twice at times, “your shirt,” I say, leaning back a bit. “Take it off.” Wes looks me right in the eye and gives me a devilish smile before pulling his shirt over his head." Wes is a crude one and I love it, “you were not a lady last night when you had me pull your hair and eff you from behind.” I loved this book, I fell in with Wes.
EpicRomanceReviews
⭐) .•⭐')
(.• (.•`
❤~🌟~❤4 HEARTWARMING STARS!❤~🌟~❤

"Weston Dawson has done the impossible: gotten under my skin and is weaseling his way into that dark cavity in my chest that some call a heart."<

SIDE HUSTLE by Emily Goodwin COMPLETELY STOLE MY HEART! What a sweet, sexy, poignant and deeply moving tale! And talk about a wildly addictive opposites attract story with a delicious twist! I love this author’s refreshingly unique spin on the classic single daddy/nanny trope. Scarlet is a con artist
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Scarlet's been taking care of her family her whole life. She left school to care for her sister and now she's taking care of her father, who she's had to put in a nursing home. So she does what she has to to make ends meet. That means she's had to do some things she'd rather not do, things that are wrong, not to mention illegal. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

And then she rolls on up to her latest "job" and she falls in love with Weston and Jackson. She can't help herself be
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
This is a new (to me) book & author. I have not had the chance to read Book 1 & 2 before Book 3 hehe but trust me when I tell you that, you're still in the loop so to say even in Book 3.

What attracted me to this story was the description, somehow it called to me. It's hard to read new books from new authors you don't know so, when I have a 'feeling' i usually trust my gut and it seems to be right every time so far. Glad i trusted it this time too.

This story scared me a little bit becaus
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
Side Hustle was a hot single dad romance with two characters that were absolutely perfect for each other. The connection between the two was evident from the first moment the two met and I was cheering for them from the start. I loved the relationship that the Dawson family have with each other.

Scarlet was a strong heroine that had a lot of responsibility from such a young age. I admired the strength she had in helping her family dispute the fact that she had to do some pretty shady things in or
Booknerdingout
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. The characters were so real and relatable. Sweet, broody Wes was completely irresistible. Although, Scarlet's little rough around the edges you can't help but have a soft spot for her. I thought the author wrote her flawed character perfectly. The connection between the two was a sexy slow burn feel and I just ate it up. AND, Jackson! I adored him. His sweet little personality was so real. Emily Goodwin nailed the storyline and character dynamic.

I also LOVED the tigh
Rebekah Nethery
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Warning: this text may contain spoilers** Weston is the hottest single dad! Loved this story from the first page! Scarlet is such a compelling character! Her struggles growing up truly are where she finds her strength and I really admire that. I love that Quinn and archer's story is still seen throughout the book. But mostly I love Wes. He works so hard to be a good dad to Jackson as well as a sort of mom since his mom left. His dedication to not only him but his career is so admirable. The re ...more
Amy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an email regarding an ARC for Emily Goodwin’s Side Hustle. Given that I love to read romance and review it, I figured I would sign up for the ARC and introduce myself to a new author. This is clearly my first experience with Emily Goodwin, so I was excited to figure her out as a writer.

Side Hustle is the second book in Emily Goodwin’s Dawson Family series. I did not get a chance to read Quinn and Ashton’s story, but, given this story, I’m apt to read it in the future. Side Hustle foll
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
I love love love love love Emily Goodwin and this amazing family she has created. I fell in love with the Dawson family in the first two books, Cheat Codes and End Game, with Archer and Quinn. As soon as I met Weston I knew I was going to devour his book because helllloooooo single dad :) I am usually not a fan of nanny/boss romance, but Weston and Scarlet were the exception.

This book was very well written and had a fantastic pace. I felt like I was living in the story amongst these characters a
Sara Koelsch
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have a weakness... I’m not even ashamed of it a little bit... but give me a hard-working, sexy, and loving single daddy and I’m done for. Stick a fork in me... I’m so done! That’s sweet love and dedication to their little one and it’s all over for me. Plus, add in that he’s a former soldier turned cop... yup... close the casket and toss the dirt. So done!

But wait... there’s more! I know! It’s killing me too! Add in Emily Goodwin’s emotional and sizzling sexy story and seriously, there’s nothin
Amanda
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet Copper and Weston Dawson are two of my ABSOLUTE favorite character’s Emily Goodwin has ever written.

Side Hustle had me wanting to relish every moment of this couple but trying so hard to slow down on devouring this story just to savor the undeniable chemistry between Scarlet and Wes. I couldn’t get enough of them together.

Weston is a Cop, a man of the law who is running for Sheriff of the county but more importantly he’s a devoted father; Scarlet is a con artist, a woman who has had to
Ashlee
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

What would you do for the ones you love?

Scarlet Cooper would do a lot. In fact she’d go as far as hustling rich overly confident douchebags out of money just so she can help her father get a new wheelchair. She’d even use blackmail money to hire an attorney for her sister when she gets arrested.

Weston Dawson on the other hand is a law abiding citizen. I mean, you’d have to be when your running for sheriff of your hometown right? He’s also a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Dawson Family (3 books)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • End Game (Dawson Family, #2)