Start by marking “Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping (An Anna Romano Mystery Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping (An Anna Romano Mystery Series, #1)

Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping

(Anna Romano #1)

“Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping” is the first novel in the Anna Romano Mystery Series. It is a funny, whimsical, murder mystery series that appeals to ‘mystery readers’ of all ages. Anna Romano is a middle-aged, Italian woman who is also a successful published author, a lover of cats, and an excellent cook with a hankering for Italian cuisine. She lives by herself ...more
Published September 22nd 2018 by Self-published

To ask other readers questions about Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping

Start your review of Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping (An Anna Romano Mystery Series, #1)
Berit☀️✨
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
Cats! Cannolis! Kidnapping!

This was a short fun packed read.... and just as the title implies it was filled with cats, Italian cuisine, and ultimately a kidnapping.... this is the first book in what looks like is going to be a wonderful new series!

Anna is a middle-aged author living in New Jersey with her seven cats... as a cat person myself I appreciated the part the cats played in this book they all had their own unique names and personalities.... someone is following Anna, and Anna is smart
Alison
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping when I first heard about it, the title just rolled off the tongue and the cover image creates a hint of weird so I just had to take a closer look.

Only a shortish book but oh my word this is a little cracker. It appeals to my crazy cat lady image, you just can’t go wrong with a book that has cats featured and this one has cats a plenty! All beautifully named and introduced in the manner to which they have become
Yvonne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anna has just stolen and ice-cream bike and is peddling furiously. Why would anyone want to steal and ice-cream bike as their mode of transport? Where do the cats and the cannolis fit in with a kidnapping? This novella revealed all…and an enjoyable time was had as I read about how everything slotted together.

Anna is an author, is single but doesn’t live alone. She lives with six…yep…six feline furbabies. She is such a fun character to read about as she flits through this story. She is energetic,
Julia
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cats, Cannoli’s and A Curious Kidnapping by Cheryl Denise Bannerman is a contemporary light-hearted suspense that would make a perfect afternoon movie for channel 5.
The novel surrounds a crime author who accidentally stumbles into a real life crime. She finds out that fact really is stranger than fiction.
Told from three alternating points of view, the reader ‘sees’ the action through the eyes of the author, perpetrator and a cop. It is an entertaining and unique read.
As a crazy cat lady, I loved
Carola | adreamofpages
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
*I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review.

I had no idea what to expect going into this story, especially when I saw it was such a short story!
It was one wild ride, with cats, food and a kidnapping (like the title says! haha)
The kidnapping/story was really thought through, and I was amazed this could all be told in just over a hundred pages!
It was exciting to read and I will definitely check out more of the author.
Sue
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Anna Romano is an author, cat momma, and excellent cook. She feels she has the idyllic life even though those around her would like to see her married with children (and not the four-legged kind). When she has an odd encounter at a book signing that turns into a stalker situation, she never expected that her world would be turned upside-down.

Now she finds herself kidnapped and attempting to escape for her life along with trying not to fall head over heal in love with the detective on the case.
W
Miranda
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Anna Romano is a mystery writer who finds herself in the middle of mystery after a strange man asks her to dedicate a book to his deceased wife. In the end, Anna ends up being kidnapped, and stealing a bike with an ice cream trailer.

This was a fun, fast read. I was kind of surprised that it was so short. In the beginning it was hard to switch point of view because the different characters didn't have distinct enough voices. If any more in the series are published, I would be interested in readin
Sandra Lopez
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna Romano was a lonely Italian lady from the Jersey shore. At 37, she was an old maid, unmarried with seven cats. She's often asked why she hasn't found "the one." Her answer: "It could be (A)
from a lack of trying, (B) my sarcasm and independence is a turnoff, or (C) I find most men annoying and harder to clean up after than my cats." (10) Right on, girl!

The only fulfilling part of her life was her work as a mystery author. She was known as "The Author Cat Lady."

Ever since her book signing in
Noemi Proietti
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was certainly a most unusual read. It’s both a mystery novel and a humorous story. I laughed, especially at the dialogues and the situations the protagonist get herself in, but I was also on edge during some of the suspenseful moments.

The protagonist is Anna Romano. She is 37 years old and she lives in Jersey Shore. She is single, but she has the company of seven cats that she adores. She is a successful author of crime fiction and during an event at a bookstore, she is approached by a man
Toni
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna Romano is in her thirties and an old maid according to her family. She has adopted seven cats to keep her company and give her company much better than any man. Then at a book signing a man shows up asking her to sign the book to his wife who;s dead. She thinks it;s strange but forgets about it till he shows up again while she;s grocery shopping and sort of threatens her. She goes to the police but they just laugh. Several days later she;s received odd emails and texts and several calls. Wh ...more
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping is a fairly short book but a good introduction for a new cosy mystery series featuring Anna Romano.

Anna is a cat mama, a successful author of crime novels herself who unwittingly becomes part of one herself.

I’m an absolute sucker for a book with an unusual title! I devoured this little novel in one sitting. It’s fun, doesn’t take itself too seriously with plenty of food, mystery and a little romance along the way.

Anna is a great character, a little sarca
Maria
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Anna Romano is a cat lover and a successful writer, who seems to have a magnet for weird situations!
In this case we will feel a little lost about the mystery, it seems that someone is trying to scare Anna, but we don't know why or how, they simply tell her to shut up... and not really subtlety.
I liked how in every moment our main character thinks about their cats, they are her family and if she doesn't care for them no one would, but at the same time they are a huge level for the killer to torm
Sandra
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping by Cheryl Denise Bannerman is the first book in An Anna Romano Mystery series.

Anna is quite successful mystery writer, and a great lover of cats. She also loves cooking. She is not in a relationship or has many friends. All in all she leads a very quiet life unless she is doing book signings or promotions. On one such occasion her world is turned upside down when a man wants to have book dedicated to his dead wife. Several other times Anna thinks she spot
Molly
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna Romano is a charming Italian gal who loves to cook her way out of any challenges her interpersonal skills might create. As an author, she writes great dialogue, and her re-tellings are spot on. But sometimes her humor fails to land on the first run. Go figure. People do not always find snark funny.

A very strange man asks her to autograph her book to his dead first wife . So creepy. People are strange, so.... when the same man pops up at her local grocery, she is a bit worried- and talks he
Susan Johnston
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Princess Fuzzypants here: I was not quite sure what to expect. The title indicated it was going to have some humour to it but I did not expect to have nail biting suspense. It took me by total surprise and I found I could not put it down. I wanted to find out what would happen when the famous author is kidnapped. There are three POV’s as the story progresses- the victim, the cop and the perp. The only ones missing were the kitties whose POV was pretty obvious.
It is a quick read, partly because I
Carol
Crank calls, strange anonymous emails,
noises in the night, a kidnapping plus
cats, cannolis and a handsome detective
all mix together with humorous shenanigans
for a good, quick, fun read.
Anna Romano lives with seven cats:
TaterTot ( the Persian cat), Tiny, Sonny
and Petra (The American Shorthair cats
with unique strips i various colors), Jasmine
(Black Siamese) plus Liza and Bette (the
Ragamuffins).
Anna is not married. She writes novels in
addition to writing a Dear Jesse column
for the local ne
Paige
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and enjoyable read, the first in a series of mystery novels starring a relatable woman who loves her cats and get ice cream.
I agree with other reviewers, however, there were some tweaks I’d like to have seen made: 37 is “middle aged” in this story, but really that doesn’t quite qualify as middle aged and could run readers the wrong way.
Ultimately, an easy read that works for multiple ages and engaged the reader. I’m looking forward to reading the next in the series!
Jodi Sweet
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to give a shout out to the author, another Central Florida Floridian! Hi Cheryl!
Ok, back to the review...this was a really cute, fast read. There was a surprise twist towards the end, and a touch of romance. I liked how Anne saved herself rather than having someone come in to save the day. Very cool!

Thunder Ling
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It can spoil you totally on a weekend in a couch with cannolis, you can have fun.
The cats are adorable and so is the story. It opens beautifully and shows a strange way into an author’s life.
The kidnapping and all of it can give you some gasping moments.
Overall the story takes beautiful twists and turns taking you through a tunnel into the light.

Heather W
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping" is the first book in the Anna Romano Mystery Series and the first I have read by this author. I really enjoyed this funny short story about Anna Romano, a cat lover with a knack for making cannoli. The chance for a romance with a detective is a nice touch.

I am looking forward to the next book in this series.
I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
Janet Graham
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crazy, Twisted Story
This short novella introduces us to a new series that should be great reading. The plot was humming right along and took a sharp turn that I sure was not expecting! I can say no more without spoiling the plot, but I can say this would be a blockbuster movie. I received this ARC book for free from Net Galley and this is my honest review.
C.N. Jannain
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping was full of so many twists and turns. It moved along quickly, with lots of unexpected surprises along the way. A great mystery, who done it, and some unexpected romance. I moved through this story much faster than I expected. This was a fun read, and I believe the beginning to a series. I will be curious what comes next.
Rubina Gomes
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I could never imagine you could mix Crime with Comedy!
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping was a quick, fun, entertaining read which took me on fora playful ride. With less than 160 pages, this book can be read easily in one seating. I wont talk about the plot or characters or writing. Not that they are not important or wasn’t well taken care of, but for the fact that what caught my eye was the fun element of the story. It was this fun, this feel of a cat and mouse chase, that made me continu
Dorothy  Scott
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The appearance of a red headed man signals the beginning of a mystery that involves deception, abduction, and murder. Cats, Cannolis, and a Curious Kidnapping is a totally enjoyable novel that I recommend.

Sherri Geisler Locke
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna and her seven cats need rescue from a stalker. A quick fun, witty and at times sarcastic book about a writer who loves cats and cooking.

Kandice
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be an extremely enjoyable read. It has a great combination of murder, mystery, suspense and humor.

Mary
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really loving this old maid cat lady (just ask her family) mystery. The characters are a hoot and the story was well plotted.

Pat Eroh
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is awesome and I love this story! Italian food, yum along with a great mystery and some clean romance! I will definitely be reading more from this author!

Annalisa
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was adoreable. Anna was an amazing character. She is so feisty. I love the fact that anna is a mysyery author. That was clever. I found the story to be well written. The book was a thoroughly enjoyable quick read. I would recommend this book.
Patty
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cats, Cannolis and a Curious Kidnapping by Cheryl Denise Bannerman is the 1st book in the An Anna Romano Mystery Series, and my first book by this author. Anna is a quirky 37 year old, Italian women who is also a successful published author, loves cats, and cooking. I found this book to be funny and a fast read. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. Nice break from darker reads.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the publisher. Thank you.

• Fortune Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #2)
  • Six Sweets Under (Apple Orchard Cozy #5.5)
  • Witching in a Winter Wonkyland (Wonky Inn #8.5)
  • Murder in the Bayou Boneyard (Cajun Country Mystery #6)
  • Peachy Scream (Georgia B&B, #2)
  • The Neighbour's Cat
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • Coconut Crush (Press Pass Mysteries #3)
  • Mummy Issues (Sunnyside Retired Witches Community #3)
  • Siren Song (A Witch Myth Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Ain't Nothing But a Pound Dog (Spellbound Hound #1)
  • The Missing Love Link: A Clean Paranormal Romance (Romances Beyond Tuala, #2)
  • Doctor Enchanted (Revenge of the Bears, #3)
  • Number's Up (Barrow Bay Mysteries #1)
  • Murder and Meringue Cake (Bite-sized Bakery, #4)
  • Dark Roasted to Death (Lainey Boggins Mysteries Book 1)
  • Candy Slain (Apple Orchard Cozy #6)
  • The Little Llama Learns About Christmas: An illustrated children's book
Even at the age of seven, up and coming Author Cheryl Denise Bannerman, would sit for hours on end reading about faraway lands, intriguing characters and intoxicating storylines.

And by a pre-teen, she was writing poetry for publication and short stories for school that moved the reader to laughter, tears, and sometimes anger. She was an old creative soul from a young age, experiencing way too much

Anna Romano (2 books)