Start by marking “The Shape of the Earth” as Want to Read:
The Shape of the Earth

The Shape of the Earth

Contemporary gay fiction

After appearing in Best Gay Love Stories, HarringtonGMFQ, Q Review, and Off the Rocks, Lenny and his partner, Dave, return in a hotbed of manhood and jealousy.

Lenny is managing a failing bookstore and struggling to keep his promise of fidelity to Dave. He flirts relentlessly with grad student Ian until he discovers that Ian’s ambivalence masks some
ebook
Published March 12th 2019 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about The Shape of the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shape of the Earth

Alex Morra
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected. Phenomenal. Challenging. Forbidden fruit meets bad behavior.

This book had me simultaneously squirming with discomfort--so much so I had to close my app, only to reopen it moments later so I could find out what happened next.

This, apparently, isn't the first time we see Lenny and Dave in print (I'm already on Gary Garth McCann's site to find out which of the publications features them) but this book begins at an opportune time in their relationship. They've been in a monogamous relati
Jey
Jun 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I soldiered on with this book in the hope that something would be resolved/redeemed/or just... anything.

No explanations were offered for Lenny or even Dave.
There were no tethers given to make you give a shit for any character, one way or another.

It was merely one big and rather boring fuck-fest, described in such a way that made it more of a yawn than watching paint dry.

The writing was stilted and choppy, and the descriptive language was trying too hard to be something it could never be.

If
Simone Bhalla
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Judy
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is so much to this story. This is the first book I’ve read in a long time where I am beyond hating one of the main characters. In my opinion Len is the most heartless, self centered type of guy I just can’t help but dislike. He seems more like a sex addict than a guy in a relationship. He appears to want to torture Dave. How they stay together and seem to have some sort of relationship I don’t know. I will say the story kept my attention. I kept waiting for the light bulb to go on in Len. ...more
Janine
Apr 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
With this one I wanted to try something different in the erotic/romance department. I usually don't read gay romance nor do I consume books with people in it who have relationships with more than one person. It was an experiment.
One that failed spectacularly. Not exactly because of the reasons mentioned before, it's more because of the style of writing. It is so dry I forgot what I read right after I read it. I'm sorry to say that I was bored to death. There is no prettier way to express my feel
Sebastian
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one wasn't for me. The characters were extremely unlikeable (and not is a good way), and I just couldn't connect with any of them. I also found the writing style very frustraing, it was weird (again, not in a good way).
Crystal
Apr 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I really wanted to like this book, but sadly I didn't feel any sort of connection with the characters. The writing style wasn't my favorite either, I felt like it over explained everything that was happening and didn't let the scenes developed naturally.
Tara
Cricket
Mar 14, 2019
A.M.
Mar 25, 2019
My gay men's novella YOUNG AND IN LOVE? is published by Bold Strokes Books, and in March 2019 Bold Strokes will publish my full-length gay novel THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH. My most recent story "A House Where We Both Could Live" appears on CHELSEA STATION MAGAZINE (July 16, 2018).
My noir legal thriller THE MAN WHO ASKED TO BE KILLED is praised by the WASHINGTON INDEPENDENT REVIEW OF BOOKS.

My stories