Start by marking “NC-17 (Maizie Albright Star Detective, #4)” as Want to Read:
NC-17 (Maizie Albright Star Detective, #4)

NC-17

(A Maizie Albright Star Detective Mystery #3)

The kids aren’t all right. And apparently, neither is Maizie Albright.

From The Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Larissa Reinhart, the third book in the "sassy, sexy, and fun" Maizie Albright Star Detective series.

“Larissa writes a delightful book. Suspense, romance, and some funny situations. Maizie’s a teen star grown up to new possibilities.” — Sharon Sali
Published December 4th 2018 by Past Perfect Press

To ask other readers questions about NC-17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NC-17

Start your review of NC-17 (Maizie Albright Star Detective, #4)
Jenna
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former child star and private investigator in training Maizie Albright is back in action with her boss/mentor Wyatt Nash. If learning the tricks of the trade were all she had to do, life would definitely be easier for Maizie. But she's also juggling court-ordered therapy, probationary community service, and keeping her feelings for Nash at bay. But when Nash is sidelined after an explosive turn of events, Maizie adds even more to her already full plate--and she's not really handling any of it ve ...more
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a fantastic addition to the Maizie Albright series. There is so much happening in this story, poor Maizie has her hands full. The author has weaved a complex and intricate plot with many threads that come together to create a satisfying reading experience. With humor, suspense, action, and a bit of romance, there is something for everyone in this book. I look forward to reading what happens next.
Marsha
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a complex mystery with some romance. In this particular story, Maizie (the Protagonist) as several men vying for her attention. Too bad she's not in her right mind to deal with any of them. She's already in trouble with her probation officer, her boss is unable to work and her job on the line, her Mother is driving her crazy with wedding details, she receives a not to pleasant surprise visitor, a client avoiding her, a missing person to find... her to-do list growing by the minute. Needl ...more
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I really needed a talk with the universe and find out what I’d done to tick it off.”

Maizie’s Albright’s flying solo on this case as her boss and mentor, Wyatt Nash, is in the hospital in a coma. Maizie’s kind of forced to keep working due to her probation, but her job keeps getting in the way of her community service requirements, as does a lot of other things, including her mother’s impending wedding. Vicki Albright might have been her manager, but as a mother she leaves a lot to be desired...
Paula Ratcliffe
Sandra
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NC-17 is the third installment in Maizie Albright Star Detective series but as with two previous ones it can be read as a standalone.

Maizie and Nash are following a guy whose mother has hired them. All looks rather innocent until the guy walks into the bank and brings a bomb with him. Nash ends up in a coma and Maizie is devastated. Without and money, without any clients things look very grim. To top it all off three teenagers show up claiming that their friend has gone missing.
After that is on
Bev
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Maizie Albright has her hands full. She is on probation for something her ex-fiance did in California, she is also trying to become a real private detective by shadowing Nash, a real P.I. But he is out of commission when a bomb went off in a bank. Now Maizie is by herself, and three young kids hire her to find their missing friend who follows Bigfoot around. Plus there is the conditions of her probation she needs to do or else her probation officer is about to send her to jail for now doing them ...more
Judy
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How much trouble can one girl get into? She always amazes me. Mazie has a huge heart and wants to help others but the path it sometimes leads her down is somewhat scary and very interesting. I love her and Nash. What a pair! Oh, and we can’t forget Lamar, who makes the best donuts ever. I love how these 3 interact with each other. Throw in 3 kids and Big Foot, oh and U-tube and you have a story. There are some surprises in this story that I can’t wait to see where they lead in the next book. Be ...more
Debi Paglia
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an adventure! I couldn’t put it down! The heroine can sure get into some interesting things! I love the way she channels her past TV roles into her new life - especially when she gets into trouble, which is constantly! I love the Georgia-small town setting. And finally the romantic side of her life is heating up! If you like funny, Southern mysteries and loving heroines, you will love this latest addition of the Maizie Albright series!
Mari Hinton
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two 👍👍

You have to love Maizie!! God love her she is having a week from he**. Her boss is hurt, the company needs money, and old flames are showing up. Maizie sets out on her on to help some teenagers help their friend, who are looking for Bigfoot. Will she be able to solve the mystery, keep men at bay and figure out who she is in love with. Read and find out!!!
Dawn Holbrook
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
NC-17, the latest Maizie Albright mystery, by Larissa Reinhart, is fabulous! Maizie and Nash are caught up in a bank robbery with a bomb exploding. Nash is injured so it’s up to Maizie to save Nash Security Solutions. Her clients are teenagers searching for a missing person….and Bigfoot! Maizie is a hot mess as she tries to juggle the case, her new probation officer, community service at Wellspring Spa, and Vicki’s upcoming nuptials. When her hunky ex, a couple of murders, and lack of sleep are ...more
Jackie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a variety of cases, Maizie has. Ex’s , missing people and more. She’s definitely kept busy. Love these stories. I voluntarily read a review copy.
Helen Drake
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christie72
Another delightful read full of all the things I love about Larissa Reinhart….mystery, sassiness, a bit of spice thrown in, with a lot of laughs.

This is the third book in the series, and it’s just as good as the previous books. Maizie finds herself in more trouble than before. She is in hot water with her probation officer...now she is mixed up in a bank robbery, with her boss and man she is falling for in the hospital, and now she is helping three teenagers try to find a missing Youtube star...
Lisa Hudson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ONCE A TEENAGE DETECTIVE - NOW AN ADULT??

NC-17: A Maizie Albright Laugh-Out-Loud Comedy Mystery (Maizie Albright Star Detective Book 3) finds former hit teen detective Maizie Albright still working on obtaining her PI License. As usual she is hit head on with all sorts of obstacles that attempt to stop her before she can even begin to find her first clue.

Maizie finds herself being stretched in new ways. Her boss (and unrequited love interest) Nash is in a coma after attempting to thwart a crime.
Diane Rapp
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Big Foot and guns don’t mix well.

Maizie Albright is an ex-actress on probation, training to be a private investigator. Left alone to run the office (while her boss is in a coma), Maizie must hold things together. Her to-do list includes getting new clients, collecting a past-due fee, attending therapy sessions, doing community service, and figuring out how to track down a missing person on her own. Sleep can’t fit into the schedule.

When three desperate teenagers (appearing on a Bigfoot Trackers
Thomas
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maizie is serving her probation terms at a new facility for holistic wellness. She is approached by 3 teenagers to take a case that the police have refused to look into. While this is going on she is worried about Nash, who is in a coma from an explosion from a failed bank robbery he tried to prevent.

Maizie is own her own, now she has to try and find a missing person, she also needs to find out why a vegetable garden needs high tech security.

Pro's - Another fun story about Maisie, Nash, and Mais
Bonnijean Marley
If you hang around Maizie, things will get crazy!

Maizie Albright gave up an acting career to become a private investigator. In this book, her boss is injured, and she is trying to keep the business going despite having to juggle the job, her mom's over the top demands, her teen clients, and a search for Bigfoot. There are so many things going on in her life that craziness comes naturally.

Maizie's latest adventure is a little darker than the previous books, but it is still very enjoyable. Maizie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Maizie is in over her head as her past comes to intrude on her present desire to earn a real P.I. license. Add in the reappearance of her old acquaintance, the one who got her into trouble in Hollywood, and Nash`s ex, trying to steal all their clients with her own firm. Maizie can`t seem to break totally away from show business, either as this time she is hired by a group of YouTubers to find a missing friend.
Trying to build a new life, encourage a new romance, with a man who is pres
Pat
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book.
I was anxiously waiting for the next installment of Maizie Albright, and it was worth the wait!
Maizie sure gets the chance to multi-task. She is on probation, serving her time while worrying about her boss, Nash, who is in a coma. She is hired by three teens to look into a case, and as usual, the course doesn't run smoothly.
Intrigue, plot twists, family drama with her mama and a great Georgia setting make the perfect combination for a fun read.
Jan Locke
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another favorite!

What a wonderful storyteller! One minute I was laughing out loud but, turn a page and I was fighting not to let tears fall. The first chapter sets the stage perfectly for another Maizie triumph and tragedy rolled into one. Very well-written, even though I had to Google IMHO and GNO to get the meaning😉, with wonderful characters in a setting where Bigfoot just might be believable!
Catherine Stratman
This series so much fun! Can someone really have that much rotten luck? Nothing goes right for Maizie. She is trying to hold the PI office together while her boss is in a coma from one of their cases. Too many ex-fiancé's come out of the woodwork to make her life even more difficult than probation, court ordered therapy and community service. But she pushes through it all! She's a hot mess but so much fun!

I received an ARC. This is my honest review.
Claudia
While she is still in training to become a P.I., three desperate teenagers ask for Maizie help, and, as her boss is in a coma, she's on her own on this one.

Soon, things become very dangerous, and Maizie's capabilities and courage are tested.

Funny, with lots of suspense, action and even some romance, this is a great addition to the series and a wonderful read.
Barbara Tobey
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun to read. Maizie has her hands full...of men, mysteries, teens, her family, and much more. Entertaining reading. I still don't understand the title. By that rating I expected some offensive (to me) adult content. I voluntarily read an advance reader copy of this book. I am eager to read more of Maizie's adventures.
Gregor
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeannie
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maizie is flying alone on this one and she has so much going on. Reinhart expertly weaved a complex plot with a full plate of characters that kept me turning pages. the Bigfoot aspect was a hoot. Love this series.
Tina
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it and look forward to more...
Diane
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maize maizie

What a ride and not in a car. Poor Lucky hope you make without any more mishaps. Olive shouldn't see day light for a while. Loved the ending hope for more
Jeanie Jackson
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xread-2018
Larissa Reinhart is amazing. She can take the zaniest situations and make them feel real! I have never known anyone like Maizie, but Ms. Reinhart brings her so to life that her reversion to a hot mess with pushed my anxiety; I care about Maizie! I had to walk away several times but I had to come back every time. Maisie needed my support! My heart broke for her as her world crashed around her but I also belly laughed too many times to count. And I almost cheered, ignore that fist pump, as she sta ...more
 Reading Reindeer
Maizie Albright is a young adult still striving to find her place in the world. Well, that is the case for almost all young adults, but Maizie's path there is a little different. She didn't have the usual American upbringing. She has been the star of a hit teen series, definitely not what most of us experience. Now she is employed by a private investigative agency, taught by a mentor who is her heartthrob, and here she is involved with a young group of "Bigfoot trackers." Definitely not a run of ...more

• Fields' Guide to Voodoo (Poppy Fields Adventures #3)
  • Fields' Guide to Fog (Poppy Fields Adventures #4)
  • Fields' Guide to Assassins (Poppy Fields Adventures #2)
  • Fields' Guide to Abduction (Poppy Fields Adventures #1)
  • 11 Bodies Moving On (Body Movers, #11)
  • Telephone Line (The Country Club Murders #9)
  • Fields' Guide to Pharaohs (Poppy Fields Adventures #5)
  • Very Special Forces (Lexi Graves Mysteries #12)
  • Bullets and Beads (A Miss Fortune Mystery, #17)
  • Back Stabbers (The Country Club Murders, #8)
  • Marriage Vow Murder (Merry Wrath #9)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)
  • Tandem Demise (A Cycle Path Mystery, #3)
  • Follow the Money (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery #3)
  • Musket Ball Murder (Merry Wrath Mysteries Book 14)
  • Shoot the Breeze (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery #1)
  • Motorhomes, Maps, & Murder (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #5)
  • Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife, #1)
A Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Larissa writes the Cherry Tucker Mystery, Maizie Albright Star Detective, and Finley Goodhart Crime Caper series. She loves to tell funny stories about about Southern women looking for love (and sometimes dead bodies) in all the wrong places.

Her books have been chosen as book club picks by Woman's World Magazine and Hot Mystery Reviews. They've also been

A Maizie Albright Star Detective Mystery (3 books)
  • 15 Minutes (A Maizie Albright Star Detective Mystery, #1)
  • 16 Millimeters (Maizie Albright Star Detective #2)