Start by marking “Dearest Stalker: Part 1” as Want to Read:
Dearest Stalker: Part 1

Dearest Stalker: Part 1

What happens when a woman falls in love with her stalker?

I'm not the type of woman who actually inspires passion in any guy, much less one who makes it a habit to watch me because he's obsessed.

I'm a curvy, plain Jane. I like my chips, chocolate, and junk food, and it definitely shows.

I'm an educated geek who would rather have my nose in a computer instead of a fashion
Published September 22nd 2018

Bibi
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh

This book, imo, is simply a more layered version of Everything for Her by Alexa Riley. A mysterious guy sees a girl from afar, likes her enough to stalk her for years and also turns out to be her benefactor, putting her through four years of college. All in all, it was an okay start to what I think is a 5-part series.
Jennifer Finn
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Stalker series by Lane Parker who is a talented new author. Normally I like to wait until the series is completed before I start reading it but this time I dived right in. This was an excellent start to the series and I’m anxious to see where it goes. The book starts four years ago with Katie Riley graduating from high school as valedictorian. Her beloved mother recently died and her father was a POS who has been absent for most of her life. She thinks she’s all alo ...more
Lady Living  In Bookland
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Katie is an intelligent young woman who has known nothing but sadness and despair, losing those close (and some not so close) to her. But one mysterious man was hell bent on protecting her...even if it meant from a distance...

Excerpt:
Katie didn’t belong to me, and she never would. But she damn well needed a protector, because everyone in her life had done a pretty $h!tty job of keeping her safe for the first eighteen years of her life.

Over the years, it’s clear “stalker” kept a watchful eye on
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one was a quick read that definitely left me wanting part 2. Katherine Riley is a smart hard working girl. She has no family. He mom passed away and her Dad really didn't have anything to do with her. When her Dad passes away she really feels that she is alone in the world. Friends and family call her Katie but her stalker calls her Kate. She's the underdog and I'm rooting for her to come out on top. Her stalker has been keeping tabs on her for a while. He seems nice, he just wants to make ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing start to a story that is both gripping and compelling. Stalker has watched her for years, vowing to keep her safe and to help the girl that no one seemed to care about, but at the same time he wants her and does not understand the feelings he has for her and only her.

A true mystery and a wonderfully written book that grabs you and holds your attention throughout this short read. It's a taste of what is to come as the series will progress.

I highly recommend this tasty treat!
Gwen Shafer
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting.Extremely fast paced. Definitely leaves you wanting more. I enjoyed reading the first part of this series. Definitely grabs your attention and has you on the edge of your seat . Can't wait to read more.
Dani Hodge
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, AN AMAZING START TO A NEW SERIAL!

#Stalker #StalkerDearest #PartOne #Serial #LaneParker #ContemporaryRomance

This is the first I have read by Author Lane Parker, and I must say; I absolutely loved her writing! The story-line is unique and thrilling! I can’t wait for Part Two, to come out to see what happens next!

If you are looking for a sexy/fast read; I highly recommend picking this one up!

**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**
Ann-Maree Howarth
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow, I need part 2 like 5 minutes ago this book had me totally engrossed from the start and I was gutted when it comes to an end. I am already invested with these characters that I just count wait for the next book. I never usually read the sneak peek in a book but this one I had too, that is how much I am craving more of this intriguing story by this author that I have never read before. Lane Parker is writing a very addictive story and I just can't wait for the story to continue. I rec ...more
Joanne Swinney
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dearest Author give me more, I want more. This was a gripping page turner that I never wanted to end. God, this debut book has made me super excited. Nothing like sinking your teeth into new reads. Congratulations is definitely in order for this first instalment.

Stalker, when we hear that word we automatically think danger. There has been some serious cases that have turn pretty ugly over the years. But what if someone stalks from a distance just to make sure you’re alright, would that be okay?
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I freaking LOVE when new authors hit it out of the park with their first book!! I know that if they don’t it’s not the end of the world but it just shows so much growth and can inspire them to continue doing what they love!

This book is part of a four-part series that will leave you on the edge of your seat until the end!!! This was only book ONE and she freaking has me hooked... like obsessively hooked!!! Kate (Katie) is the main woman being stalked and my heart aches for all the pain this woman
Barbara
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an intriguing, thrilling and hot start to this 4 part storyline. Part 1 is a quick read that will capture the suspicious mind and have you wondering just who “Stalker” is.

The story starts 4 years ago when we learn about a guy who years later we know as “Stalker”. He is at a high school graduation and his heart calls out to the young girl who grew up poor, just her and her mom struggling for everything they had. Only now, on her graduation day, she is alone as her mother has recently past aw
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Katherine Riley is a smart girl, who is doing her best to finally finish up her degree to actually get a job in her field. She is at her father's funeral, not knowing what she's going to do now, as he wasn't a great father, but at least he helped pay her college, so when she gets too overwhelmed being around the people at his funeral, she goes outside to get air, where she has this hot hookup with a stranger, who she later learns is her stalker. So there you go, this short story set the stage fo ...more
Corrie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this first part of Dearest Stalker by Lane Parker.

Not sure how I will be able to do these reviews as it could possibly give away spoilers, so I will be a vague as possible.

Quick Summary: Katie has a stalker...one she didn't know about until her father dies unexpectedly. Now with all of her family dead, she is alone...sort of. She finds solace in her best friend, Ariel and her unfamiliar step-brother Ben.

I have so far loved Katie. She has obviously had to be strong to be without h
Karen Alleyne
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue , oh yeah .

I can totally recognize the different style of writing that the author is introducing here in comparison to her previous work under her famous name . And I must say I love this angle also! I know readers of this review will say I'm bias . But I haven't read angle of her exploration muse that I didn't love . And I love this one also.
Kate is being protected financial, physical and even emotional by someone in some definition you can label a STALKER . At first I am relating wit
Terri
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this, and I'll definitely be reading the next installment. There were a few issues that brought down the rating...

So much italicizing. Soooo much. It served as a distraction instead of the intended emphasis but it did ease up after the halfway point.

Lots of inner dialogue telling me the same thing repeatedly. I know her father sucked, I know she had no other blood family left after his death, I know she felt alone because of it, and it is abundantly clear she can and has taken care of he
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With the word Stalker on the title, there is no need for me to explain what the book is about and what the book contains. Katie has a stalker who is obsessed with her to put it plainly and some situations are accepted in real life, but I don't mind in a novel. I am actually rooting for the stalker and I don't care if that is not acceptable. I am intrigued by this short story and I want to continue reading it. Katie is in a weird situation and I want to see where her story will go. I also wonder ...more
Becky Baldridge
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when a woman falls in love with her stalker? In most cases, I would say something akin to Stockholm syndrome, but that doesn't really apply here. Yes, Katie has a stalker, but so far he doesn't fall under the creepy parameters we think of. In fact, from what I've seen in this first installment, he's actually rather helpful. He's also the only person there for Katie during a difficult and emotional time, or at least that's how she feels. The story is a bit dark, thoroughly compelling ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

This is Lane Parker's first foray into the world of writing, and this was a really good effort! Katie has no clue she has a stalker, and that she had one for a while. It isn't until her father's funeral that she starts to figure things out. This is part one of I have no clue how many installments, something that I absolutely hate, write a book, write the whole thing, don't charge people .99 cents for something that took me thirty minutes to read and then keep us hangi
Virginie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay , I had no idea it was this short.
But honestly , it didn't botter me at all.
It was a short but very good read.
Mysterious of course.. Who is the stalker?
I have a guess but I can't say for sure of course.
There was chemistry and one very hot scene.
I really have no complaints at all. It maybe could be a little longer but it was all perfectly told in that short amount of time so it was no problem at all like with other short stories.
5 stars
Charliegirl1
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good for the most part

I thought this was a good start to a story. Some elements don't make sense, like why anyone would enter themselves into a phone as "stalker", and why she would assume it was her father. Easy to suspend belief for the sake of fiction, though. BADLY in need of an EDITOR to get RID of the ITALICS, which become a distraction rather than an enhancement.
Jan Hoskins
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

It's different and very short but so far good. I guess it matters how long between parts to read it I get to finish the story. I like the storyline so far although the main character seems not so bright. You would think if she is truly a geek she would be less obtuse. Just my opinion but the story just started now we wait........
Melinda  Parker
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Secrets Galore

Kate is faced with a great family loss and feels lost and alone.

When she runs for cover to deal with her faltering life, she falls into an unusual encounter. She gives in to her urges but feels even more confused and lost. One message changed everything and leaves her vulnerable and filled with questions.But

And The Stalker...I'm reserving judgement for now!.
Cathy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable and surprising read for me. The story pulled me in from the start, is well written, has a very interesting take on a “stalker” and was such a great plot idea for a story. I can’t wait for the “rest of the story”.

I typically don’t care for cliffhanger stories and usually avoid these books but I totally enjoy this author’s work and will read whatever she writes.
Sallyann Cole
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this was a short story, it was packed with intrigue and suspense. The main character has a stalker which was revealed mainly after her estranged fathers death. The main character , Katie, has very low self esteem but one thing led to another at the wake and having to much champagne she has a liaison with said stalker...……...
G. Whitman
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting concept

This is my first book from “this” author and probably not my last. Stalker in this case is an interesting topic. Haven’t we all admired someone from afar? How would you make your feelings known? I think I’ll find out in books 2 and 3. If you love sexy romances, you’ll like this story.
Missy
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg!!!

What a beginning!!! I don't have the words to describe the anticipation and craziness of this book. I am so glad all of them are out so I don't have to wait. As always.....Enjoy!!!!
Theresa Beck
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CAN U SAY HOTT

Holy smokes, that was hott!! I'm ready for more. Holy smoke.. In speechless. Katie's story is one that will have in tears! It will have u asking having questions and waiting f for answers.. A must read HOTTNESS
cupcakes and bookshelves
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This debut read was gripping, dark and compelling and not what I expected. Such a great start, I just want to know more. I was so intrigued by the Stalker and his thoughts especially.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dearest Stalker

Five stars, for can incredible and suspenseful story. Kate is a wonderful character who is abstruse survivor. I love how she conversed with Stalker and tries to find out who he is. Cannot wait for book 2.
Natalie Townson
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I saw a blog post about this book yesterday and the cover alone made me click to find out more. I am so glad i did a hot steamy read that will leave you itching for part two.

I thought the chemistry was off the charts

Great read i cannot wait for book two
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »