Start by marking “The Holiday” as Want to Read:
The Holiday

The Holiday

Seven days. Three families. One killer.

It was supposed to be the perfect holiday - a group of families enjoying a week together in the sun. Four women who have been best friends for as long as they can remember making the most of a luxurious villa in the south of France.

But Kate has a secret: her husband is having an affair. And a week away might just be the perfect
Published July 25th 2019 by Zaffre (first published June 13th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sabrina Daniel took it and gave it back to Lucy.

Start your review of The Holiday
Dita
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
OMG! Crammed full of all of the shocks and surprises we have come to expect from T. M. Logan, this was an easy 5 stars.

A group of long time besties vacationing in France after a few years apart, one has discovered her husband is cheating on her and suspects it is with one of her friends. She decides to use the vacation to get all of the dirt but when she digs in she learns there is much, much more.

Gah...this was so good!

Thank you to T.M. Logan, St. Martin's Press, and NetGalley for giving me
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, truly I hate the guts of the characters. I didn’t care what will happen to them! I didn’t care one of them die, hurt, get abused, terrorized, kidnapped, wounded etc. But I have to admit they’re the ensemble to get awarded as the worst unlikeable characters, have no idea why they’re created!

If I would be the author of this book, at the first chapter I would have killed them at a bloody massacre ( So bloody that Tarantino movies look like Disney movies if you compare it with my harsh,
Ken
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great setting is key for all perfect mystery novels, this riveting thriller has that in abundance.

As this secluded but familiar setting is the perfect modern take on a genre, as Kate and her friends and families week long holiday to the south of France is about to turn into a trip from hell.

For university friends Kate, Rowan, Izzy and Jennifer reunite to celebrate turning 40 this year, this novel introduces an interesting dynamic of people who’ve got a tight bond but slightly different
Pauline
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Holiday by T.M. Logan is a thriller about four women who were friends from college and decide to go on holiday to France together with their families.
Kate suspects that her husband is having an affair with one of her friends and plans to find out which one by spying on them.
A book about secrets and lies and dysfunctional families.
Thank you to NetGalley and Bonnier Zaffre for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
bookswithpaulette
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
This book was intense, I listened to it on Audio and speed through it in one day. Its a family drama, centered around 4 woman who have been friends for over half their life. They book a holiday in the south of France, bring their husbands and children together for a week in the Sun.

Kate suspects her husband is having an affair and thinks one of her "trusted" friends has betrayed her and is having an affair with her husband. She decides to use this holiday as an opportunity to expose the
Laura Rash
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’d just start to think that THIS is where this story is going...then, nope, THIS is where it’s going. Let’s just say it didn’t go where I saw it going at all. Quick, great, excuse the pun, holiday read!
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very good read. It was very addictive and thrilling. I didn’t particularly like any of the characters but it didn’t change the book for me. I thought the reveal was a bit of an anti climax but the story overall managed to still make it a good read. I’m really glad they had the point of views from everyone on the holiday as I was wondering how it would work if it was Kate’s point of view throughout. I really enjoyed and I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Mandy White
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, read-in-2019
Bit slower than his previous books but still enjoyed it, although the ending was rushed. I picked what was going on early on. Would not want to be friends with these people!!
Bookread2day
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review is now on my website. www.bookread2day.wordpress.com
Taking a holiday should be about relaxing, having fun as a family. Kate organised a holiday in France with her best friends and husband's. They should have lots of fun and laughter together, eating and drinking plenty, after all they are on holiday. Kate isn't happy she thinks that even though her husband is on holiday, he is being distracted and secretive always on his mobile. When Kate finds her husband's mobile she finds a text
Dennis
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fans of Big Little Lies and An Unwanted Guest will love this one. I thought I figured it out, but was not expecting the ending it had. Very bingeworthy!
Shalini
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Secrets, secrets all around
That's what kept me bound
4 best friends on a holiday
To celebrate their 40th birthday
A message on hubby's phone was a sight
Brought a secret to the light
Each was hiding something
Oblivion was their longing
READ THE BOOK with an open heart
Thrill would hit you like a dart
The end was nothing but a shock
T. M. Logan's Holiday is the NEW THRILLER ON THE BLOCK"

A mediocre attempt at rhyming, this was the blurb of the book which started the whole rigmarole of the story.
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Wow, where can I start with this book!? It gave me a book hangover for sure! The twists and turns, I just did not see them coming. I suspect everyone and everything, would it be as cut and dry as an affair being discovered in the idyllic French resort?

A holiday with a large group of friends always sounds like so much fun in theory. Hey, let us take a week off, go stay in somewhere grand and watch as everyone starts to crack underneath the secrets they all hold. I mean ok, it is not going to be
Monique
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok

Kate, Rowan, Jennifer, and Izzy had met at uni twenty years ago. They had taken a holiday every year until five years ago. Rowan arranged for them to start the tradition again, this time with husbands and children, except for Izzy who is single and has no children. A whole week in the south of France to celebrate the year they turned forty. On the first day of what should have been a dream come true, Kate finds suspicious text messages on her husband's phone. It seems like he's having an affair.
Miriam Smith
T.M. Logan is the bestselling author of the standalone thrillers “Lies” and “29 Seconds”. Having enjoyed the latter novel, I was very much looking forward to reading this, his latest publication “The Holiday”.
Although this is far from fast paced and a definite cliched ‘slow burn’ it did open with some beautifully atmospheric descriptions that pulled me into the French setting perfectly.
I liked how the chapters were told through the different characters with the main voice being the female
Joanne Schofield
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well I timed this book perfectly as I whizzed through it during the sweltering British heatwave which coincided very neatly with the simmering tension within. The Holiday focuses on 4 best friends who are renting a villa, along with their respective families, in the sunny French countryside.

But trouble is afoot. After Kate reads an incriminating text she’s convinced her husband Sean is having an affair with someone in the villa. But who?

What follows is a superbly crafted twisting tale where a
Katie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Being a big fan of the author and after giving his previous two books 5 stars I was a little bit apprehensive about reading this book in case it didn’t quite live up to my expectations but I needn’t have worried it was a fantastic read

The story grabbed my attention from the very beginning. It was fast paced and full of suspense twists and turns and deceit throughout. I thought that it was a fairly original storyline and I liked the setting of the French villa as it
Diana
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seven days. Three families. One killer.
It was supposed to be the perfect holiday, dreamed up by Kate as the ideal way to turn 40. Four best friends and their husbands and children in a luxurious villa. While they are there, Kate suspects that her husband is having an affair, and that the other woman is one of her best friends.

Started OK and held my attention but fell flat in the middle for me. Most of the characters needed to be slapped. Especially all of the children. The story then quickly
Eva
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate, Izzy, Rowan and Jennifer have been friends for years. This year, all four women turn 40 and what better way to celebrate that than with a week in the glorious sunshine of the south of France. With husbands and children in tow, this is supposed to be the perfect holiday.

But Kate thinks her husband, Sean, is having an affair. Not just with anyone but with one of her best friends. But which friend? Could it be Izzy, the longtime friend who’s been traveling the world and finally seems ready to
Natalie M
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
T.M.Logan writes a brilliant psychological twist and this novel took many down many such roads. I truly did not know who had committed what infraction.
The story is told from a number of characters POVs but centres largely on Kate. It works well here and does not confuse.
My only disappointment was with the ending. There was the great satisfaction of ‘not seeing any of that coming’ but it felt very rushed. He sets up this excellent ‘whose done what’, there’s a resolution and it ends. It left me
Liz Barnsley
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly twisted thriller featuring fascinatingly dysfunctional families and a side order of murder.

Loved it. Totally addictive, couldn't look away.

Full review nearer publication.
Paul
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thrillers
The Holiday – Do you really want to go away with friends?

TM Logan has written a great thriller that has a twist at the end, that even though you know it’s coming will still surprise you. After reading this, I might not invite any friends on holiday with, just to be safe, I am sure they will understand.

What had been a group of University friends, Kate, Jennifer, Izzy and Rowan, with the families in tow decide to have a holiday together in France. Things start going wrong from the beginning, which
The Book Review Café
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you were thinking of going on holiday with your closest friends, you may want to think again! The Holiday by T. M. Logan serves as a warning that it’s just possible that your best friends could also be your worse enemies! As three families, four friends, find out when they spend a week together in Provence. This book is very much character driven, no fast paced plot here, but it certainly made for an intriguing read, shrouded in subterfuge each member of the family has something to hide. As ...more
Daniel Kincaid
Aug 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
I've DNF'd a lot of books this year... Guess my patience is not what it used to be...

I tried, and I tried, and I tried. I really did. But this "Thriller" is one of the most boring, stupid, annoying piece of crap I've ever read. Not to mention it's oh, so slow.I mean, seriously- ever since Kate discoverd her husband may be cheating on her- and mind you, that's at the start of the novel- NOTHING HAPPENS!
I kid you not. NOTHING.
It's just page after page after page of people having secrets (yet
Julie Lacey
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a real rollercoaster of a read. Just when you think you’ve worked it out, you’re pulled in another direction - and not just once!
I really enjoyed this book and loved the way the characters were portrayed.
Three friends from university go to France for a holiday with their husbands and children and meet up with their other friend, Izzy.
They all lead completely different lives but as it’s a fortieth Birthday celebration they all make the effort.
Most of the book is written from Kate’s
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3. 5 Stars

Well this is definitely a book about a holiday, for four friends. Right from the start you sense something epic is going to happen on this trip.

What frustrated me was that we were given so many clues and red herrings about the truth, and it seemed like Kate was going round in circles about some suspicious messages found on husband Sean's phone, that the real juicy action took until around 85% to get going.

It may be that reading this on holiday myself and not checking the blurb, meant
Colleen Fauchelle
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I would call this chick lit with a twist, the murder happened towards the end of the book and was quickly solved. most of the characters were not that likeable. I liked reading this story but overall not my favourite story. Am a bit disappointed. I finished this story and thought I don't know how I feel.
More of a character study than a murder mystery.
2.5
Rachel Hall
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Inconsistent behaviour, family dynamics and teen angst in a very slow burning psycho thriller.

The Holiday is the third of T.M. Logan’s novels that I have read and is a character driven and frustratingly slow burning psychological thriller centred around four best friends from university days reuniting for a week’s holiday to mark their fortieth birthdays. Accompanied by their husbands and offspring, the group are fortunate enough to have free rein of a luxurious villa amidst the vineyards of the
Anni
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, let’s be honest now - have you ever been tempted to steam-open a letter addressed to someone else? Peaked inside another persons secret diary ? Or - as in the modern version of snooping - stolen a look at a partner’s email messages? You know it will not end well, when one of the protagonists of a psychological thriller resorts to this unwise impulse.
Going on holiday with a group of friends is a challenge to friendship at the best of times, but when you suspect that your husband is having an
Bridget
I am a great fan of TM Logan having read 'Lies' and I was equally thrilled with "The Holiday".

I loved everything about this book - the story-line, the characters and all of the many twists and turns as four female university friends go on holiday together to France with their families. The setting was glorious, but all was not perfect with the families' relationships, giving rise to surprises, shocks, drama and suspicion.

The development of the interrelationships between the families and their
Mandy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This is the story of four friends, who've known each other since their university days. Kate, Rowan, Jennifer and Izzy arrange a holiday for themselves and their families to celebrate them all turning 40.
Kate is suspicious of her husband as the book begins, convinced he is having an affair. Rowan is in the midst of selling her company for a huge sum of money, and Jennifer is struggling with her two boys. She can't accept that they are growing up and she is in denial about their behaviour and

• Lies Lies Lies
  • Date Night
  • Sleep
  • Found
  • Through the Wall
  • The Dilemma
  • One Minute Later
  • The Night You Left: The tense and shocking thriller that readers can’t put down
  • I Looked Away
  • Blood Orange
  • Seven Days
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • Then She Vanishes
  • The Family
  • Ghosted
  • The Prison Doctor
  • The Ex Girlfriend
Tim’s thrillers have sold more than 750,000 copies in the UK and are published in 15 countries around the world including the USA, South Korea, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Romania and the Netherlands.

His debut thriller LIES was one of Amazon’s biggest selling e-books of 2017 and was followed by 29 SECONDS in 2018. His latest thriller, THE HOLIDAY, was a Richard & Judy Book
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. —William Blake” 0 likes
“members.” 0 likes