Start by marking “Rescue Matters: 4 Years. 4 Thousand Dogs. An incredible true story of rescue and redemption.” as Want to Read:

Four Years.

Four Thousand Dogs.

An incredible true story of rescue and redemption.

In a forgotten land where lives are lost, souls are sometimes found. When Keith Benning accepted the job as a deputy in a small North Dakota county, he had no idea he was about to face the biggest challenge of his life. Four years and four thousand dogs later, he lost his marriage, a fellow off

Published December 16th 2018 by English House

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Matters

Bozica
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rescue Matters - not just a book title but two words that have a deep and emotional meaning. Once you read this book I hope you will agree with me.

C.J. English is a true inspiration. All that know me, know that I love her previous work, but her passion and dedication to this cause has made me love and admire her even more (if that’s possible)

She has opened my eyes to a crisis I was completely oblivious to. And if you think that this crisis is isolated to just North Dakota,( like I was initially)
Heidi
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
People that don't know about animal rescue and those that are already involved in animal rescue can learn so much from this story.

I, like the author, CJ English, grew up in Fargo, ND and only knew about our family buying dogs from a breeder. Thankfully when I moved to California 17.5 years ago and adopted our rescue cats I started learning about animal rescue and have been volunteering for a local organization for 6 years. I wish I would have know about animal rescue sooner but it's never too la
Alexis F
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking, but a must read.

Thank you for writing the book. Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for bringing awareness. Thank you for teaching others not to assume a dog's story or to judge those who have to give up their dogs. Thank you for giving your all. Sincerely, thank you.
Kim
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so eye opening to what TMAR does. These people are amazing. This book is heart breaking and heart warming at the same time.
Lindsey
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This book rocked me to my core and needs to be shared in every way.
Sherry
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The title says it all. Two words - Rescue Matters. This book brings to light the heart wrenching problem of abuse and neglect of our four legged friends. This book takes you on an emotional roller coaster. What Keith and the volunteers of TMAR do to save our furry friends and give them the life they deserve is absolutely astounding. This books is uplifting and also gut wrenching. What Keith started to save the abused and neglected animals in his area and the unselfishness and unwillingness to gi ...more
Neha Gunnoo
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The moment CJ started 'Rescue Matters', I followed and read every posts about the dogs getting rescued and taken care of. This book is not meant only for dog lovers. It's a book that we all should read and share. CJ has poured her soul into this amazing book and we need more books like this. Hats off to CJ for taking the initiative to write this true story!
Meg Berg
This isn't the most polished book I've read this year, but it was very readable and quite thought provoking. I don't generally hold with books that paint characters unabashedly as heroes and angels. I don't trust them. I would have found the book more interesting and more trustworthy if the less heroic bits had been aired and explored along with the good, but by the end I had come to some peace with the idea that this book was intended to raise money, which would be more difficult with total hon ...more
Sue Sobolak
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. I mean I didn't want to in the sense of the staggering sad numbers and statistics for rescue. But on the other hand to get an in depth look into the coming of an organization and to read some of the first hand testimonies or specific animal stories was amazing and humbling at the same time. I am in awe of these dedicated individuals and indebted to them. I only wish I made more money so that I could help more. I pray ND passes new updated legislation to help as well.
Alejandra Broschat
It's amazing how one person can change a community. I love all the little dog stories. I could read that all day long. My next dog will come from TMAR for sure.
Danielle Rueckert
Make sure you have tissues near by this book is a tear jerker for sure!
linda  carson
Cheri Puetz
Jan 31, 2019
MorganLover17
Feb 04, 2019
C.J. English is an Amazon Kindle Best Selling Author in love and romance. Her breakout memoir AFFAIRYTALE, debuted at #1 in diaries and journals.

C.J. writes across genres, her 2017 release WTF am I supposed to eat? A dieter’s manifesto was an instant kindle best seller in weight loss and won the Readers Favorite Book Award. Her upcoming works span across topics including fiction and non-fiction.