Start by marking “Styx (The Four #1)” as Want to Read:
Styx (The Four #1)

Styx

(The Four #1)

Concrete.

Next to me. In front of me. Behind me. Below me.
It mocks me.
My prison.
My hell.

I don’t know who I am. Where I am. How long I’ve been here.
Decades? Centuries?
It’s felt like an eternity.

For all the unknowns, one truth has grown stronger with the torturous passing of time...
I wish I was dead.

Or, at least, I did until I heard her.
She gives me hope. A purpose
Published October 23rd 2018

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I’d die a million deaths before I let her go.”

Styx is book one in the brand new series, The Four, by Layla Frost. I haven’t read many books by Layla but the ones I have read have completely wowed me! I read that this is her first paranormal book and I just can’t believe that! This book has everything that makes a book great, for me anyway. Mystery, danger, an amazing heroine and a very sexy hero. Fantastic secondary characters! There is danger and plenty of heat! I smiled, swooned, sighed and
Carvanz
Holy heck! Holy freaking heck! I am completely stunned and staggered by not only the ending of this book but everything leading up to it. How does anyone come up with this stuff? This wonderful, amazing, stuff? Obviously Layla Frost has the ability within her twisted mind.

description

First, I’ll warn you against reading reviews that give too much away. I went into this as blind as possible with nothing more than the blurb to lead me. I refused to read excerpts or teasers and it was torture. But I’m so glad
Mindy Lou's Book Review
This gets my double whammy heroine praise. Not only was Denny sassy, which I love, but she was also pretty kick ass! 9 times out of 10, I read books for the hero, but Layla Frost's books give me that coveted 1% of heroine awesomeness.

I'm not going to reveal a whole lot for this book because you get one shot in this series to be surprised and this book is that one shot. You'll be in the know for the next book. What I can say is this was a super fun book.

Per my mention above, the heroine was hig
Stacey is Sassy
I do eventually get to the nitty-gritty…

***4.5 Stars***

I can take or leave “spoilers” to be honest. If I have a trusted author releasing a book, I don’t want to know ANYTHING about what’s next/going on. Layla Frost is in this category and I know that every book will be a surprise. I don’t even want to see the ratings of other readers before it hits my Kindle. But, If I’m curious or tempted by a new author, I need to know a little more before I even contemplate buying.

So, this is a review for rea
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘ Holy mother of MYSTERIES’ Stars

THIS BOOK! Seriously, this book will knock your socks off! In the most paranormal and surprising of ways! It sure did to me and I loved every second of it! Refreshing, funny, smoking hot and just BRILLIANT!

I’ll do something very Un-Gi like here and keep it very short because for once in a very, very long time – if ever – I’ll tell you you need to go into this gem that is Styx ABSOLUTELY BLIND on all things. You seriously just need to know you will no doubt be s
Janie
5+++ stars!! So I’m a fan of this author for sure, but this book, HOLY HELL (no pun intended). I loved this book from the first page to the last, every word. Nate is the absolute perfect hero. I loved Denny just as much which is saying something. This book had me laughing and swooning. The secondary characters were fantastic and added ALOT to the story. I can’t wait for Juno’s book. And I’ll just say the cover is amazing!!
Julia
1 puny star and DNF@50%

Are there two Layla Frosts? because I either love her books or loathe them entirely. One one side, she writes these deep characters like With Us or Give in, and the other has these annoying caricatures that think theyre in a rom com.

Lets start off that the first 25% of the book; it's the heroine going out on badly written dates with caricature-esque type wimpy/clueless men. And then for the next ten or so pages you get to hear a very long recap of the date *you just read
Bev
4.5 stars which I may bump up to 5 once the series is complete.

Really liked this one, loved the whole different spin on the paranormal genre that kept me guessing. Add to that fantastic characters and I was hooked.

Can't wait for Juno's book!
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
WOWSA! This one's definitely a 2018 Favourite!!!

Going in blind for this one was the best decision I ever made. My almost 3am bedtime should tell you how much I loved it. I could not put it down. Such a fresh story - a really amazing book that had me reading as fast as I possibly could. I was asked to proofread but I was LOVING it so hard that I ended up having to read it twice (no hardship mind you) because I was reading so quickly that I knew I'd missed typos.

I haven't been this giddy reading
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
This one was OK. A little slow and boring. I think the first part of the book could have been tightened up. I didn't need to read 500 pages of bad dates, how horny the heroine was, and vibrator talk...but whatevs. I enjoyed it enough to still check out the second book.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

B.J. Bentley
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind. The only knowledge I had was that it was a paranormal romance. I had no expectations except that I knew it was going to be epic because that's what Layla Frost always delivers. My expectations were not only exceeded, they were blown out of the water. No, out of the stratosphere. No, out of this DIMENSION.

There are so many twists and turns, that by the end of the book, my eyes were as wide as saucers and I was whispering 'what the fuck?!' every other page. By the tim
Heather Blair
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-alphas
So good!
Ira
Hm, this is rather different approach to a paranormal story.
Not sure what would I get when I started but the story pull me in and it was a very interesting story ❤❤❤.

Yep! Waiting for Juno’s book now 😘

Just in case you wonder about the title, that’s come from a rock band which popular in the 70’s:)
The next book tittle though, original come from Rolling Stones? LOL.
Laurie
I’m a lucky, lucky girl who got introduced to Denny and Nate awhile ago when I beta read Styx. I don’t rate beta reads but you need to read this. Quirky, sexy, and fresh, this was a whole new genre for Layla and she freaking nailed it. I can’t wait to get Juno’s book in my greedy little hands.
Amanda
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god I want MORE! That ending!

So I’m not going to lie, I went in 100% Blind to this book, I didn’t read blurbs or teasers or anything before starting. Layla Frost is an automatic one click, must have it now and devour it as soon as possible author for me so I decided to just let the story surprise me...

And holy wow. I went in so Blind I didn’t even realise it was a paranormal... but I wasn’t disappointed at all. The storyline was unique and interesting with enough questions and twists to k
MichelleG
I wish I could somehow convey the dazed state I sat in after reading this book. You know how some authors have a certain writing style or genre that they stick to? And when they stray from their wheelhouse, it shows? Yeah, Layla Frost is not that author. Every book that she has done is different from the last (Styx is PNR; "Give In' is taboo/with some D/s; "With Us" is mafia, etc.), yet each story has Heroines that are likable, strong, funny and quirky without being annoying, Heroes that are str ...more
ImABookAddict
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not quite what it seems...

I loved and hated this book for several reasons.
#1: love the Hero, only had eyes for the h
#2: like-bordering-on-love for the h who was funny and had an awesome bestfriend
#3: love the bestfriend and the bestfriend's fiancee (hoping they get a novella someday. hint,hint)
#4: loved the twist. Totally didnt see that coming.
#5: hated the ending because I do not do well with series. Patience has never been my virtue. Nevertheless, I will be first in line to get the 2nd book w
Stacie
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3 1/2 "Horsemen meets slapstick." Stars!

I liked it. I especially liked Nate. Denny is kinda annoying but not too bad. It's a very different take on The Horsemen. I need more information... I'm sure I'll read Juno's book. Happy reading!
Carla Bulian
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5. Achei que iria gostar, mas não me prendeu a atenção. Infelizmente.
Tara Smith
Whoa!!!

First let me start by saying, I have never been a fan of fantasy/paranormal romance. Like ever. It's just never been my thing. So going into this book my expectations weren't as high as they normally would be. Of course, leave it to Layla Frost to prove me wrong and make me love this book!!! And I truly did love every single second of this story.

This book is full of twists and turns. Mystery and suspense. Passion and devotion like I have never experienced before. It will keep you on the
BleuBelle
Don't know why the book is named "Styx". Totally misleading.

Characters were bland, totally not dark, too happy, too sweet. Everything just went smoothly.

And I don't want to read about Heroine going on "dates" with horrible, horrible men. It wasn't funny, it wasn't witty. I just got upset that the Heroine didn't grow a pair and put a stop to these things.

I just had a totally different book in mind. This one read like a funny rom-com. And I was prepared for something darker, mysterious, underworld
◊♦ Naomi
Every thick inch. Every brutal thrust. Every bizarre truth. Every single amazing thing that made Nate who he was.
Have you ever been surprised by a book? Like it turned out to be something completely different than you were expecting? Styx was that book for me. I knew it was paranormal but I thought it was going to be a minor part of the story, like a ghost or something. Nope. Styx was amazing, surprising, endearing, fun and sexy, I had the time of my life reading it.

I don't think Sty
Under the Covers Book Blog
Haden “Denny” Underwood has inherited her grandmother’s house. The house and the lady herself are her only happy memories of her childhood, which she spent living with her domineering and abusive father. But, when she moves in, the last thing she expected to inherit was a ghost. At first she thinks she must be going insane…she is hearing a voice in her head after all! But as she listens and even befriends him, she realises he’s just as much a person as she is. Only he’s trapped in the house, cu ...more
Raine
Such a mysterious start to this new series!

I was reading a few reviews because the blurb wasn't giving me any info on what the story is about. I thought it was going to be a dark kidnapping story and that's not usually my thing, so I was hunting through reviews to get some idea, but since it is newly released there weren't too many reviews. The ones that were out there didn't give anything away. Since I did like some books by Layla Frost I decided to give it a try, and I am so glad I did!

I won't
SansaReads
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Most definitely a knock it out of the park more than 5 stars book.

It will be hard to review without wanting to giveaway the details BUT I WILL because this deserves to be experienced and read without spoilers ruining any part of it!

Layla Frost is a multifaceted author who is on my top favorites list. This was a PNR and I am absolutely enthralled at the plot originality, expert characterization, and overall romance aspect of Styx.

It’s common to have alpha male crushes, however, with Styx, I no
Carmen lawter
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I have to say I’m not a paranormal reader. It’s not my thing AT. ALL. BUT I absolutely loved Styx! It pulls you in from the very first page and doesn’t let you go until the very last one. Even then I’m not sure if It truly lets you go because you want more! (I think it maybe a little magicks;))
I’m not sure If I’ve just tried the wrong paranormal books or if it’s just that Layla has a way with words and story telling that it sucks you in no matter what the story is.
So this review is for al
Breyana Floyd
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind with my fingers crossed since this is a new venture for Layla. OhMyGoddess did she deliver! This book has it all. Emotional upheaval, relatable, and a badass apha who makes your panties just want to melt! I loved this book from beginning to end, it pulls you in and won't let you go even when it's done. I can't wait until the next one. And I totally think Levi should get a book?! Lol
Kai
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't go into the book completely blind (wanted to see if it was safe, which it is) and read a few things during this research. I was still surprised by the story, in a great way. Loved the book, both main and side characters. It's not really a cliffhanger but kind of is. Story to be continued with the focus on another character kind of thing.
Annette Brignac
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PHENOMENAL first PNR story from this amazing author! I absolutely loved it and may be slightly obsessed with the characters.

The story was so intriguing! I was hooked from the start and it kept me guessing until the last page. It flowed extremely well. My sides hurt and I was crying from laughing so hard at one point.

The steam was off the charts HOT... I seriously thought my Kindle would melt at one point.

I seriously cannot wait for Book 2!!! You need this book, people!!!
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the hardest book ever to write a review for because of potential spoilers. This story is amazing, the characters make you love them, the surprise twists are worthy of M Night Shamalyn. I want more! Pick up a copy and read it tonight, you won't regret it!
Layla Frost has always been a rebel. A true badass.

Growing up, Layla used to hide under her blanket with a flashlight to read the Sweet Valley High books she pilfered from her older sister. It wasn’t long before she was reading hidden Harlequins during class at school. This snowballed into pulling all-nighters after the promise of “just one more chapter”.

Her love of reading, especially the romance

The Four (2 books)
  • Stoned (The Four #2)
“Because nothing, not one single thing in my many years on this planet, has felt as fucking perfect as this moment.” 0 likes
“In all my time on this earth, I’ve never seen anything or anyone as beautiful as you. I could look at you for all eternity and still feel as though I were seeing you for the first time.” 0 likes