Start by marking “Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2)

Twice Magic

(The Wizards of Once #2)

This was once the story of a young boy Wizard and a young girl Warrior who had been taught since birth to hate each other like poison.

But now, the boy Wizard and girl Warrior have been brought together in the Badwoods and they have witnessed the shocking consequences of the Stone That Takes Away Magic. They will need to cast aside their differences once more--for an Evil S
Published September 20th 2018 by Hodder Children's Books

Jessica
Once again, just a frickin' delight! I love Wish and Xar, but most importantly I love David Tennant as the Unknown Narrator. Crazy stuff happened, funny stuff happened, and we got to hear a song written by a werewolf, translated into English, sung by David Tennant.
Helene
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve got an ARC of this book, Lucky me!

Let me begin by saying I loved this one more than I loved the first book. While the first one was pretty serious, skipped the potty humour and was around the level of How to ride a dragon’s storm / How to break a dragon’s heart, this one cranked it up a notch to How to steal a dragon’s sword -levels. Including war, a kidnapping, characters going missing and a heartbreaking, sad, tragic, magic backstory told to the main characters, Termagant style.
The book i
Melissa Veras
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as fun as the first one. I might even liked this one a little bit better. And the narration by David Tennant was, of course, amazing.
Robin Stevens
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cressida Cowell is the most wonderful storyteller. This whips along, and it's so full of warmth and heart that I cared about every single one of the characters, no matter how minor. I am such a fan of this series, and delighted by the magical world that Cressida's created. (8+)

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
I actually think I enjoyed this more than the first one! The world and political history between all the feuding sides gets a lot more detailed. The book design is truly amazing! All the scribbles and doodles fit so well with the story and the theme. please note YOU MUST LISTEN ALONG TO THE DAVID TENANT NARRATED AUDIOBOOK TO TRULY READ THIS!
Emily
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun and crazy book! It definitely took longer than usual to read because I had to keep stopping to look at all the cool pictures!!
Ophelia
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, love
All kinds of lovely ♥ ...more
Mehsi

Two kids who shouldn't have met (one is a Wizard the other is a Warrior (though with magic that shouldn't exist)) will meet again, and will have to use all their wits, magic, and bravery to beat Witches and save the world.

I just loved the first book, which I found when I was visiting London (with autograph + more
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
Loved it!! Even better than the first one. Definitely recommend these! Can’t believe I have to wait so long for the next one ☹ ...more
Helene
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve got an ARC of this book, Lucky me!

The book i
Rachel Libke
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the whole, not as good as the first book in the series—but it deserves equal footing with book one because of David Tennant singing a werewolf song.
16paynel
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twice magic is the seacond book in the series after the wizard of once. It continues the story of Xar and Wish as they go on a journey to defeat the King Witch. It adds to the story fantastical elements. It is quite enjoyable and has a happy ending with room for the story to continue through other books. I would recommend this book to a most younger people.
Eti
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the original audiobook SO much that I deliberately waited to read it until I could access the audiobook - and then miraculously this weekend, as though it was meant to be, I found it and listened to it pretty much nonstop. It was such a pleasure and joy to be back with Squeezjoos, Xar and Wish. But mostly Squeezejoos because he is our favorite and we'd like an entire series of books about his adventures just being adorable and hilarious and the best hairy fairy ever. Thank you. This sequ ...more
Cherie Gilmore
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s been said in so many reviews already, but I too love this series. This book is even better than the first. David Tennet is such a charming fun narrator. It was a treat to listen to him sing as several different characters. Beloved hairy fairies return and I couldn’t be happier.
Sheila Beaumont
This second entry in the "Wizards of Once" series was even more enjoyable than the first. I recommend the audiobook, brilliantly narrated by David Tennant. There are lots of fun songs too. There's more to come, and I'm looking forward to Book 3.
Jennifer Rijo
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this world and characters <3
Hafsa
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
As I read the first few chapters of this book, it struck me, as it had with the previous book in the series, how similar it felt to Cowell’s previous series (the How to Train Your Dragon series). It was similar in a way that might have been forgiven if another author had written the book, but with Cowell’s distinctive writing style and illustrations, the two series were easy to compare - until I stated to get pulled into the book, and all comparisons faded in the limelight of the story. The flaw ...more
Amy B
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful and fascinating new developments. Cowell’s strengths - her well-woven plots and her charming characters - shine in this sequel. Can’t wait for the finale. :)
Phoebe
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowell's gift for storytelling through both words and art shines through once again in this exciting next installment, when Xar and Wish and all of the Warriors and Wizards are under massive threat from Witches. The obvious moral to the story, about working together, accepting differences, uniting to save the world, runs as an undercurrent but never gets heavyhanded--thanks to Cowell's light touch with humor and her ability to make every character interesting--even the frightening Kingwitch. Ano ...more
J. Taylor
They are my babies, I utterly adore them all. Also, I am so on board with the enchanted key, spoon and fork love triangle.
Carolynn Markey
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just too cute. I LOVE squeezejuice. Also the audiobook is read by David Tennet! Too short of a book can't wait for the next one!!
Emma Engström
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
4,5
Rosie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Malissa
This was a solid followup to the first book, though it was a bit heavy on the world building and filler for my taste. It was to be expected though, and I'm curious to see where Xar and Wish end up next.

Would I have picked this up if David Tennant wasn't narrating it? Probably not. Will I pick up the rest of the books in the series if he narrates them? Yes. Yes I will.

As with the first installment, the narration also included fun sound effects and music to accompany songs. My favorite by far wa
Shae
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-upper-primary
This was an enchanting read.

My son was wonderfully entertained by the adventures of Wish and Xar.

It seems Cowell can do no wrong in our household :-)
Gaele
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 5 Narration 5 Story 5

We’re returning to the world of Xar, Wish and Bodkin and their three separate reasons and hopes for the future. Jumping right into the middle of a spot of bother for (you guessed it) Xar, who hasn’t learned as much from his mistakes in the first book, and tries again to cheat his way through for a shortcut – leading him straight into another even bigger mess. Yep – say it with me…. Boys. But, there are spots of growth for him, even as he’s s
Katie Greenwood
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Actual Rating 4.5/5**

**I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review/as a result of my job**
Big thank-you to 5 Get Bookish for sending this over!

This series just makes me smile. It's so sweet and pure...even though theres evil witches and all that. The second book of the Wizards of Once series has everything that the first had, and more besides. Cressida has expanded the world both geographically and also in regards to both the lore and rules. We see Wish, Xar and there mer
Book Inspector
So, Xar and Wish meet once again after running away from the places they been kept in. Their goal is to kill the witches, and after Wish finds a magical potion, they set out on another adventure to find the missing ingredients. The story is once again told by “Unknown Narrator”, and I still have no idea who that is. 😀 The characters remain more or less the same, but there are some new characters introduced to this story, who play quite vital parts.

I have very mixed feelings about the narrative o
Jonathan
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The description of a 4-star book is "I really liked it", which sums this up perfectly (as a rating system should so thanks Goodreads for doing me right), but I also finished this book disappointed. It was nowhere near as good as the first one, but neither was "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" so I still have a ton of hope for the series. More than anything, what makes this series isn't the actual storyline as much as it's Creddisa Cowell's writing ability. Taking a page from her "How to ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 11 Dec 13, 2018 02:58AM
Goodreads Librari...: 3 discrete listings for same work (please combine) 2 17 Aug 26, 2018 07:00AM
  • Masquerade at the Wells (Sadler's Wells, #4)
  • Goblins
  • Man on the Moon (A Day in the Life of Bob)
  • Fireweed
  • Night of the Gargoyles
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • Texting the Underworld
  • The Well Between The Worlds (Lyonesse, #1)
  • An Illustrated Treasury of Scottish Folk and Fairy Tales
  • The White Horse of Zennor: And Other Stories
  • Marcy and the Riddle of the Sphinx
  • Would You Rather...
  • Brave Jane Austen: Reader, Writer, Author, Rebel
  • A Very Singular Guild (City of Orphans, #3)
  • I Am Henry Finch
  • Ministry of Pandemonium
  • The Evil Wizard Smallbone
  • Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
Cressida Cowell grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland. She was convinced that there were dragons living on this island, and has been fascinated by dragons ever since. She has a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin's and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. Cressida loves illustrating her own w ...more

The Wizards of Once (2 books)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
“But then," said Caliburn, "the adults are making such an almighty mess of things maybe we have to put our faith in the children, crazy and unrealistic and reckless though they are...” 2 likes
“misunderstandings” 0 likes