Start by marking “Olga's Egg” as Want to Read:
Olga's Egg

Olga's Egg

When Fabergé specialist Assia Wynfield learns of the discovery of a long-lost Fabergé egg made for the Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna, daughter of the last Tsar of Russia, she appears to be the only person with misgivings. On travelling to St. Petersburg to see the egg, Assia moves among Russia’s new rich but finds herself pulled back into a family past she would rather for ...more
Published October 25th 2018 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Olga's Egg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Olga's Egg

Cora Tea Party Princess
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
5 Words: History, danger, glamour, family, power.

An incredible amount of research must have gone in to the story, because it is so rich and vivid and intricate that you feel like you're there. It was like I was walking around St. Petersburg myself, exploring.

I have to admit that I didn't really like Assia - but that's not a bad thing. It did mean it was difficult to connect to her, but I really empathised with her and loved reading about her tumultuous family and strained relationships.

My favour
Maryline M's Bookshelf
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

What a gorgeous book. Admittedly, I was sold on this book in the first place purely on the cover design alone. Then I read the blurb, and I just knew I couldn't let this one pass by. And I'm so happy I didn't. 'Olga's Egg' is incredibly rich in detail and historical research. The love and passion for (Imperial) Russia, it's art and architecture is so tangible I could easily imagine myself walking around in St. Pet
Teresa Kander
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: literary-fiction
Sophie Law’s debut novel offers every narrative jewel possible to enthrall the reader. We travel from London to St. Petersburg and back again in search of the lost Faberge egg made for Grand Duchess Olga Nikolayevna, the eldest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II.

The heroine of the novel has a less than stellar relationship with her father and her twin sister that is worked into the storyline from beginning to end. My heart nearly broke when the heroine, Anastasia, told her sister, Tatiana, that the re
Donna Maguire

I love Russian history and this was a delightful story that combined the secrets of the past with the present – and I really enjoyed it!

The book is well researched and it is quite clear that the author knows her subject and that made it even more enjoyable for me, I will admit to having a look online at the different Fabergé eggs so the book certainly sparked my interest in that subject!

I loved the different settings in the book, the main characters were w
Stacey
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable book.
I didn't connect much with any of the characters and I set the book aside for some time at one point. (But that's just because I read so many books at the same tine)
Nothing gripping or exciting happens, it's just a nice easy read, a nice story.
Natalie Breton
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was worried this book would be a little commercial. However, it was well written and historically accurate. It was a lovely story in every aspect. Wonderful way to commemorate the events that took place 100 years ago.
Sandy
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the setting and historical side of this book. I love it when the author takes time to explain what is real and what is fiction at the end of the book.

Lyn Mistry