Start by marking “Still Standing” as Want to Read:
Still Standing

Still Standing

Hollow Hills presents Still Standing, an anthology of short stories and poetry about empowerment and healing for victims of bullying and harassment. The royalties from this anthology will go to Crisis Text Line, a nonprofit organization helping those in crisis.
Strap yourself in for an emotional ride:

Savage Beatings: An elf braves ridicule and abuse as a sacrifice for his
ebook
Published December 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Still Standing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Standing

Start your review of Still Standing
Garrison Kelly
Oct 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
While I promised I wouldn't grade or review this book because my name is on it, I will say briefly that every author who appeared in this anthology deserved their places. My favorite story in this collection is "The Brave Blacksmith" by Marie Krepps due to its realistic portrayal of substance abuse, PTSD, and of course, bullying. Be sure to pick up a copy of this book when it comes out.
K.L. Cottrell
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This anthology was an intriguing read!

Because these stories are centered around different forms of bullying, there are dark aspects to them, but hope and strength are right there, too, fighting for their places in the hearts and minds of the characters. The additions of adventure, fantasy, and hinted-at romance make for a pretty well-rounded project!

There’s talk of magic, pirates, mystical creatures, and robots, but the characters are very real at their cores: they have suffered losses, been
Dec 12, 2018 added it
Really liked these short stories, nice variation between them all. It kept you on your toes. You didn’t know what to expect. Each story, made the worlds built feel so much bigger. So well done on that guys. You had a bit of everything, sci-fi, fantasy, poetry and a little thriller.

(Disclaimer: I received a free copy from Publisher. Does not affect my review)
Amy Shannon
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A grand collection

The premise for this collection "Still Standing" is about survivors, not just survival. I enjoyed reading each story by a different author, and the stories were indeed following the theme of the collection. Each story brings unique characters and gives a great depth to each short story. I liked each one, and recommend this book to other readers. I look forward to reading more by these authors, whether it be more short stories or something full-length.
Ashley Uzzell
Feb 26, 2019
Mario Romanelli
marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2018
Marie
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
I live in small town North Carolina and I enjoy writing adult novels of varying genres.
Music is a huge part of my life. It inspires me to write and there is always a song in my head and in my heart. Dreams also influence my work tremendously.

If I'm not writing an exciting story, I am certainly reading one! I like to escape in books to worlds beyond reality, and create my own worlds as well.
I'm a