Start by marking “Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)” as Want to Read:
Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)

Boy Next Door

(Hot Off the Ice #4)

This is a story about losing the path and finding yourself. It contains kissing, yelling, spanking, and carb-loaded family interventions.

Published September 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Boy Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boy Next Door

Start your review of Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
Cadiva
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally! I get why we had to wait for this one until both Paul and Robbie, and Alex and Sergei, had their stories told because a lot of the things happening here take place at the same time.

I have been waiting for Liam and Joey to get their Happy since the short and incredibly hot story came out last Christmas.

It didn't disappoint at all. There is so much passion and drama going on in this book, you almost get whiplash! I really loved the little chapter headers, snippets into what was going on i
~nikki the recovering book addict
3 stars

I almost threw in the towel for this one. The first few chapters were both chaotic and stilted I really considered giving up. It did smoothen out eventually but then the last chapter quickly closed that it felt like you were stepping on your breaks so hard and coming to a complete stop after going 100 miles an hour. Too sudden!

Certainly not the best of this series and I had high hopes! And it was like they tried to go for BDSM lite kinky-ness but not really having a proper understanding o
haletostilinski
I had been waiting to read Joey and Liam's story ever since the short story that came out at Christmas, because what little we got of these two together was hot, there was chemistry, and I wanted to see where their story went.

For the most part, this didn't disappoint. Joey and Liam still had sizzling hot chemistry, and I loved their interactions and seeing them fall in love. They had a ways to go before their happy ending, but overall it was a fun journey getting there.

A few things bothered me
JenMcJ
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book. The characters were engaging, I believed their angst, the side characters and sense of family was well done and it was nice to visit with some of the other couples from earlier books in a way that wasn't overpowering.

It did have some soft plot points that could have been stronger that would have made this book a lot more solid. I think the sense of D/s or the domestic discipline should have been delved into a little more. That aspect of their relationship was a bit unfulfilli
Coco.V
Mar 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/27/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Hockey superstar Joey Luciano has always been good at being whatever people needed him to be. The fans want a good-looking fast-living party boy? Enter ‘the Looch,’ Joey’s carefully created public persona. But the cracks in his mask are starting to show, and he’s begun to lose touch with who he really is. It’s going to take someone who’s been there from the very beginning, to help him find his way home.

Coach Liam O’Reilly always had a very clear picture
Line
Mar 23, 2019 marked it as maybe
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Boy-Next-Doo... ...more
Leyna
Chaotic beginning, good middle, rushed ending.
BR11
Finally! It seemed that I’d been waiting forever to read this book. It didn’t disappoint! Solid addition to the series.
Recommend!
Crystal Lacy
Shelves: lgbtq-recs
LOVED this amazingly hot, amazingly sweet, amazingly funny book.

Liam O'Reilly and Joey Luciano are practically family, having lived next door all their lives. Liam has always had a soft spot for Joey, who is the baby of the Luciano family. Joey has always looked up to--and been in love with--Liam. This book picks off after Boy Toy and follows them as they navigate working together after a hot Christmas holiday hook-up leaves them both reeling from the chemistry. When Liam and Joey are forced in
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
Horrible writing, just horrible!! What the hell is this author thinking and WHY on earth does she even think this drivel is worth putting down on paper, or more to the point, WHY she would think it's entertaining much less romantic!!!
1. Liam was an obnoxious, obtuse dolt; he didn't deserve Joey at all!!
2. The whole spanking thing was so incredibly misplaced, it was astronomically ridiculous!!
3. Robbie and Paul, whoever they were supposed to be [why they were always hanging out at Liam's place go
Caroline
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy Next Door is my first AE Wasp book, I will definitely be reading the earlier books from this series. I loved the characters, especially the dynamics with their meddling family members, the storyline kept me reading, there was more than a few laughs and lots of chemistry.

Liam and Joey grew up as neighbours, both are involved with NHL teams, both at different stages of their careers, both have doubts they can ever have a public relationship. Their story is full of family interventions, amusing
E.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, sports

“Boy Next Door” by A.E. Wasp follows Joey (the Looch) Luciano in the aftermath of an explosive and life-changing Christmas Eve interlude. Finding his feet with a new team and a new coach should be easy…except for the fact that one of his coaches is Liam O’Reilly and their complicated relationship is not the only secret Joey is dealing with!

This adult gay sports romance is part of the ‘Hot Off the Ice’ series. The author vividly immerses one into the competitive world of ice hockey inte
Kirk
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. There was so much action and so much happening in this book with a huge cast of characters, so this book demands your full and undivided attention. I like how we got some help at the beginning of the book on the Luciano and O’Reilly families – sort of a who’s who – and a hockey terms glossary which really helped me as someone who only knows a little about the game and what I do know I’ve learnt from romance novels.

What stood out most here for me was the sense of family and kinship; how clos
Elle Kay
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a long while since Boy Toys (novella, informally #3 in the Hot off the Ice series) was released, leaving readers wanting more of the O’Reilly/Luciano clans. AE Wasp does not disappoint, as Boy Next Door (Hot off the ice #5) was worth the wait.

Wasp has a natural story-tellers way of emerging you in the family and making you feel a part of it. The text chats at the beginning of most chapters are pure gold. The language when the siblings talk to and text with each other is a realistic enc
ReadingAllNite
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I lived in Boston many years, my ex’s and friends from big, close-knit Irish and Italian families. The scenes with Liam and Joey’s families were like going back in time. Loved that! I really enjoyed this story, mostly because I wanted to smack Liam, sometimes Joey too, in the back of the head. Joey was too darn cute though. There’s a little Daddy/boy vibe to their relationship, definitely some D/s, although nothing defined that way. I would highly recommend reading Boy Toys before this.
Valerie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of the Hot Off the Ice books, especially because the characters in these books are so rich with backstory, with their own hangups and mindsets. I hadn't read Boy Toy before this book, but I still enjoyed getting to know Liam and Joey throughout this book. They are both great characters and while I wished that Liam didn't take so much responsibility for things that weren't his fault, I think his chemistry with Joey was perfect. The story has a whole slew of secondary characters ...more
Ottilee B.
I LOVE this series! I hope there's more but if not, Ms Wasp wrote the best with this one. I like that you knew Joey had a problem but it wasn't what you thought it might be. Then it was! It was difficult at times to keep the characters separate but you knew which clan they were from by their name: Liam and Paddy were from the Irish as Joey, Nico and Gina were not. The sex scenes were off the charts! And Liam needed Joey as much as J needed L. This was so good, it's going on my favorites shelf.
Lynn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of Liam and Joey begins on Boy Toys, but more importantly it really began when they grew up next door to each other in South Boston. Most people assume that the professional athletes have great lives with all the money, but the downsides are so much greater. The expectations a person with great talent have so much pressure put on themselves as well as outside forces. Lifting the veil of that kind of pressure and making Boy Next Door so much more than just the hot romance it is.
Nadine
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love and family

Wow another great book by this writer. I enjoyed the interaction of the characters , the chemistry between Joey and Liam undeniable but also the way they were with their families and real friends. I felt a part of this family as I read this book .I hope this writer has more stories for this series
Lori
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
As much as I loved Sergei, I think Liam and Joey are my favorites. This series has been so good. There's enough angst in each book to keep them interesting but not enough to make me a nervous wreck. I have no idea if there are going to be any more in this series but I will definitely keep reading if there are.
Bobbi
Shelves: favorites
Boy Next Door, Hot Off The Ice book 5 by A. E. Wasp. I couldn’t wait to read this book after reading Boy Toys the Christmas book. I absolutely love all the characters in this story! Every one of them and there are a lot. This author has the best characters in her series. That’s why she is one of my favorite authors. Oh and the storylines are fantastic also! It was worth the wait. Can’t wait to read the next book!
Earlyn
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joe and Liam

Friends to lovers.
As usual there is plenty of hockey and we get to catch up with other characters.
The family dynamic worked . They were supportive and encouraged the union.
Not bad if you enjoyed the other books in the series.
Kaila
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
amazing addition to this series.. it is sexy and hott and wonderful. it was funny and made me smile. i loved it
Aure7ia
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was ok

DNF - couldn't get into it
*Nan*
Stacey Escalera blog
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laim and joey Was a joy to see how these two meet And how far there relationship progress. I also liked that it had sum BDSM in between them. Overall this book was MM at it best. This book kept my attention. I voluntary read an advance reader copy and my opinion are my own.
Sarita Chapdelaine
Shelves: arc
Wow! Another amazing book in this entertaining series. I didn't think the author could create a better couple than Alex and Sergei from Skater Boy but I love Liam and Joey even more. It is great to read a hockey romance that actually has hockey in it and I love the coach/player dynamic. This book grabbed my attention from the first page and I could not put it down. It is well-written, fun to read, flows well, has an intriguing storyline and all of the characters are wonderful. There is some angs ...more
Kk
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not happy...

Normally, Im a huge fan of AEW. I buy her stuff when it goes on sale, even if Ive already read so I can read it again.

I loved all the other books in the series so far, but not this one for some ungodly reason that only makes sense to me.

First of all it felt like the story was reaching for May/Dec relationship but couldn’t quite get there. Liam jerked Joey around so much in the beginning that I thought Joey was heading for doormat category.

Second...I like close loving families becaus
Katherine
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Ash
3.5

I’d been waiting for this book for a long time and couldn’t wait to jump into Liam and Joey’s story. Despite my eagerness, the first couple of chapters of this book were difficult for me to get into. It’s been a while since I read Boy Toys, the novella introduction to Liam and Joey. And there is a lot going on that we just get thrown right into. Liam and Joey’s families are very close friends and the beginning of many chapters in this book is excerpts from the families’ group chats. It’s a lo
« previous 1 3 next »

• Neutral Zone (Harrisburg Railers, #7)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Ryker (Owatonna U Hockey #1)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Hat Trick (Harrisburg Railers #8)
  • Scott (Owatonna U Hockey #2)
  • Save the Date (Harrisburg Railers #9)
  • Benoit (Owatonna U Hockey #3)
  • Out in the End Zone (Out in College, #2)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Last Defense (Harrisburg Railers #5)
  • Out in the Offense (Out in College, #3)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • The Nature of the Game (Stick Side #2)
  • Traded Out
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Hot Off the Ice (5 books)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)

News & Interviews