Start by marking “Keep This to Yourself” as Want to Read:
Keep This to Yourself

Keep This to Yourself

It’s been a year since the Catalog Killer terrorized the sleepy seaside town of Camera Cove, killing four people before disappearing without a trace. Like everyone else in town, eighteen-year-old Mac Bell is trying to put that horrible summer behind him—easier said than done since Mac’s best friend Connor was the murderer’s final victim. But when he finds a cryptic message ...more
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about Keep This to Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep This to Yourself

C.G. Drews
this book was so so stressful...I am sTRESSED. At one point I literally had to tell myself to relax my jaw lmao...which is the sign of a good thriller right!? Now I'm aware it doesn't come out till April (shh i got excited and read early) so I'll just cobble a few thoughts here and fill out the review closer to the date!

➸ it is about a serial killer so like, dude, cREEPy
➸ quiet soft narrator
➸ m/m romance
➸ trauma? we gotcha trauma
➸ it's a year-old case now but Mac's best friend was murdered and h
Elise (TheBookishActress)
this one is pitched as Last Seen Leaving meets I Am Not a Serial Killer. Also, gay. It looks sort of cool?
Dahlia
Whoosh, the was the first ebook I've read in a single day in months. Lots of twists and turns, things I saw coming and things I definitely didn't. I don't really like to say any more about thrillers, so, I won't!
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF by Tom Ryan in exchange for my honest review.***

4.5 STARS

What an unexpected gem!

Ingredients for a perfect mystery:

1 serial killer
1 estranged group of friends
1 murdered friend
1 kickass narrator
A bunch of interesting minor characters
1 possible love interest
A generous handful of clues
A sprinkle of red herrings
An ending I didn’t see coming

KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF is one of those novels I wanted to reread immediat
Danielle
This is a young adult novel where a group of high school kids who grew up together are still coming to terms with the death of one of their friends at the hands of a serial killer that plagued their town a year before but who was never caught. One of them stumbles on what he thinks is new information in the case and decides to take things into his own hands to see if he can figure out what happened to his friend. I could not get into this book. I did not care what happened to any of the characte ...more
Sally Maxwell
Thank you to Albert Whitman & Company for the arc of this book.
I didn’t dislike this book, but I am not sure if I liked it either, at one point I did consider putting it down, I am glad I didn’t though, the end was a twist you don’t see coming.
I just think this book lacked umph for me, except for that ending, that was very good.
Anna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

One year after a serial killer terrorized the small coastal town of Camera Cove, Mac is trying his best to move on. He has just graduated high school, reuniting with some of his childhood best friends to dig up a time capsule. One member of the friend group cannot be there because Connor was the final victim of the serial killer that has not been caught.

After going home, Mac decides to finally open up a bag of comics that Connor
Adam Sass
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The TWISTS. I couldn’t even handle all of them. From the very beginning, Mac Bell held my attention as a boy struggling through his grief in the wake of a serial killer’s rampage through his small coastal town. This is a dark story, but soaking in pure character warmth. BROADCHURCH from the teens’ POV. Pre-order as soon as you can!
The Bookish Austin
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I'll post a more in-depth review closer to publication. :) For now, it was a good mystery - and I totally figured it out before the end. :)
Chris Marro
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free as an advanced reader's copy, in exchange for an honest review. From a teacher's perspective this book is a great offering for an independent read. The fact that the book is a mystery that features a young gay man as its protagonist, but doesn't spend time addressing his coming out will help young queer students feel represented in what is otherwise a normal mystery. It also doesn't completely ignore the adversity experienced by gay people and shows how one characte ...more
Lisa
Dec 29, 2018
Keirstin Smith (CloudOfThoughts)
Keep This to Yourself by author Tom Ryan is a fun mystery/thriller perfect for Young Adult/Teen. A quick read and full of dark secrets.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of Keep This rob Yourself in exchange for an honest review.
Rachel Strolle
Jan 08, 2019
Sally Maxwell
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to Albert Whitman & Company for the arc of this book.
Caleb Roehrig
Jan 04, 2019
Brooke
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-won
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS BOOK!!! I loved the storyline and how Mac slowly uncovered the mystery of the Catolog Killer. I never would have guess who the killer was!! I’m so glad I got the opportunity to read this early!!
pauline
this seems like far from you but mlm............. i think im in again
Maraia
Melissa
Feb 20, 2018
Sarah Faber
Feb 23, 2018
Tom Ryan is the author of several books for young readers. He has been nominated for the White Pine Award, the Stellar Award and the Hackmatack Award, two of his novels were Junior Library Guild selections, and his novels have twice been named to the ALA's Rainbow List. Tom has worked as a publicist in the publishing industry, and also edits fiction for young readers on a freelance basis. Born and ...more