Start by marking “I Killed Zoe Spanos” as Want to Read:

The YA thriller of the summer. Bustle

For fans of Sadie and Serial, this gripping thriller follows two teens whose lives become inextricably linked when one confesses to murder and the other becomes determined to uncover the real truth no matter the cost.

What happened to Zoe wont stay buried

When Anna Cicconi arrives to the small Hamptons village of Herron Mills for a summer
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by McElderry Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jun 02, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an advanced copy of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick!

The YA thriller of the summer. Bustle

For fans of Sadie and Serial, this

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 2083 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 18 - Apr 15, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about I Killed Zoe Spanos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Killed Zoe Spanos

Start your review of I Killed Zoe Spanos
    Michelle
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
    A mystery mixed with a podcast? Yes, please!

What happened to Zoe wont stay buried

Anna decides that taking a summer nanny position in the Hampton's is just the fresh start that she needs before starting college. Over the last year her and her best friend have taken to the party scene. Drinking out of control, taking drugs for recreation, and hooking up with boys she can barely remember. Anna is now growing tired of the hang overs and black outs and yearns to get away.

Once she arrives in the
    Chelsea Humphrey
    Long live the year of the YA thriller, I say! I'm on the street team for this one, and I cannot wait to dive into the story! 😍😍😍

*Many thanks to the author and the publisher for my review copy.

Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    2020 seems to be the new era of YA Murder Mysteries
    Kit Frick
    Sep 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    UPDATE 4/3/20: Due to [gestures broadly] ⛱I KILLED ZOE SPANOS⛱ will be coming out a bit later than planned. New pub date June 30, 2020! This also means the Pre-Order Promo has been extended through 6/29/20, so there's more time to pre-order and make a difference. https://kitfrick.com/preorder/

UPDATE 3/23/20: Two exciting things! 1) There's a Goodreads giveaway for 100 PRINT ARCs running now through 4/15, so go forth and enter! 2) The ⛱I KILLED ZOE SPANOS⛱ Pre-Order Promo has launched! For every
    megs_bookrack
    Prediction:

This will be a great audiobook.

Ludwig
    Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
    But there are some secretsmy secretsthat Windermere will hold forever, trapped beneath the ash like spilled blood.

This was a creatively-crafted mystery about a girl who moves to the Hamptons in order to start a nannying job, only to find out that the town is on edge over the disappearance of another girl who looks exactly like her.

Whats going on?

Just the fact that the author had thought of such a unique premise is mind-blowing. And all throughout the book, you can sense authors confidence as she
    Tucker
    Feb 03, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
    Shelves: reviewed
    AAHHHH!!! I'M SO EXCITED

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
    lexi ✨
    2.5-3

i dont think ive read anything like this before, & im shocked because i usually dont gravitate towards books with plots like this, but i liked it.

surprisingly, i liked the format. i liked how it would go from past to present with podcast transcripts included. i thought that was definitely original & it was done fairly well. i know this kind of format might be a little confusing to follow sometimes, but it works well with the storyline.

i feel like there was way too much going on in
    Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
    I Killed Zoe Spanos is one of those books you don't want to put down. I read the last 60% in one sitting, reading later than I usually do at night.

There are multiple timelines in this book. We find out right away that Anna confessed to the crime of killing Zoe Spanos and disposing of her body. Anna gives details, including Zoe falling from a balcony 3 stories high.

We go back to when Anna first goes to The Hamptons for a summer nanny job before college. She's watching an eight year old girl,
    Rachel Solomon
    Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    OH MY GOD. Masterful. Brilliant. This is one of the smartest, most intricately plotted books I've ever read. I am in awe.
    PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
    ***Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for providing me a complimentary copy of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS by Kit Frick in exchange for my honest review.***

The summer before starting college Anna gets a nanny job in The Hamptons. She soon discovers she bears an uncanny resemblance to missing girl Zoe Spanos, catching people off guard. Next door is Windmere, the home of Zoes fiancé Caden, whom Anna befriends while quietly seeking information about Zoe.

Near the beginning of I KILLED ZOE SPANOS,
    Janet
    When life for the entire globe turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book and many more today.

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they
    Jenn
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book was so fun to read! Frick kept me guessing the entire time.
    My friend @wonderfully_bookish was over when I was reading the last 150 pages, and I had to keep stopping after every chapter to explain my newest theory to her. Every time I thought I had it figured out, there was a new twist. I was so determined to figure it out myself before the reveal, but I couldnt do it!
    This book is told in two timeline: THEN, before we know the truth of what happened to Zoe, and NOW, when were piecing
    Julia ✨
    Mar 29, 2020 marked it as anticipated-june2020
    this book is in my most anticipated list for two reasons:

1) for fans of Sadie
    2) full cast recording audiobook
    Amber (Books of Amber)
    Ive not read anything by Kit Frick before, but from having read I Killed Zoe Spanos I can tell that shes going to be a thriller author for me! I Killed Zoe Spanos was a fast paced thriller (love), with Rich People Drama (double love), that was set during the summer in the Hamptons. There was a lot going on for such a short book, and I was truly engaged the entire time.

I really enjoyed the way that podcasts were incorporated within this story. After reading Sadie last year, Ive realised that I
    Sara (A Gingerly Review)

What a wild ride!! I was hooked from the start and couldn't get enough. Another smash hit.

Thanks to the author for trusting me with a copy! FRTC
    AJ
    Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
    This is honestly one of the most interesting YA mysteries I have read. From start to finish, I was hooked and desperate to find out the truth about what happened to Zoe Spanos. I loved how the main character was very rough around the edges, so even though I never quite trusted her, it was difficult not to feel sympathy for her either.

There are two things that led to this not being a five-star read:

First, because the reason why Anna had visions about what happened was...unsatisfactory and also
    Lauren
    Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A perfect beach read. June is the perfect release month for this book because it has the best summer vibes. I wish we werent all in isolation right now because I want to go to a local ice cream shoppe and explore a small town. Anna is trying her best to start fresh this summer and what is better for that than getting away from her friends and family and keeping busy working every day as a nanny for the summer? The dual timeline aspect of the story shows immediately that Anna doesnt get the fresh ...more
    Jenn
    Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book was so fun to read! Frick kept me guessing the entire time.
    Carina’s Bookshelf
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Edit: Time for the review
    I got a DRC to review from Edelweiss. My opinion is my own.

4,5 stars!

This was a great start for my 2020 reading year. I started in 2019, but since I was only 29% in at 30th of December I calculated to 2020.

The book starts a bit slow, but as soon if you are through the first chapters it get's really good. Anna moves to the Hamptons to start a new life, but what she's find is not what she expected. There is this girl who looks just like her, but is missing. Anna wants to
    Laura Namey
    Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: ya-stars
    This was a chilling delight, and simply masterful! The plotting, pacing, characters, and twists were riveting and I wish I could read this for the first time again and again. I have loved every Kit Frit book but this one is my new favorite. Well done!

Thank you to Simon and Schuster for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review.
    Alyson Kent
    Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Solid read. Based off the classic novel "Rebecca", this book has a lot going on. Time switches between the current timeline and the past, an unreliable narrator, and several twists along the way. 3.75 reads rounded up to 4. Thank you, Edelweiss and the publisher for this ARC.
    Divine
    Mar 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
    "Inspired by Daphne du Mauriers Rebecca, Kit Frick weaves a thrilling story of psychological suspense that twists and turns"

HELLO, DID YOU JUST SAY DAPHNE DU MAURIER?!??? Also the blurb gives me major Sharp Objects vibe and that cover!! *chef'skiss*
    Molly
    Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Full review to come. LOVED THIS BOOK.
    Christy
    Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Definitely a thrilling ride! Stayed up to 2:30 AM reading because I had to know what happened!! Definitely didnt see that ending coming. ...more
    Joanna Bennett
    Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Wasn't expecting that!

Review to Come.
    Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
    I did enjoy this one quite a bit. I figured out some of it, but not all of it. Fun mystery.
    Giulia Colma
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Kelsea
    Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Phew! Kit Frick is blessing us all with another brilliant, riveting YA thriller that'll keep you guessing and second-guessing throughout! Thriller readers are savvy as hell these days. It is HARD to pull off surprising plot twists and write a thriller without cheesy red herrings or severely overdone tropes. And yet, Kit has managed to do exactly that, three times in a row now!

I was incredibly fortunate in receiving a free early copy from the author and publisher in exchange for an honest review.
    Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
    I was immediately intrigued by this book. The premise that a girl confessed to a murder that she didnt believe she committed, and another girl set out to find the truth already had me hooked. I was ready to discover the truth.

Anna is such a troubled teen looking to right her past wrongs. Shes trying to grow up by settling her party side. But by taking steps to forget her past, memories start flooding her mind and now she has to decipher between truth and fiction.

I felt physically irritated while

• Today Tonight Tomorrow
    • Jane Anonymous
    • Wilder Girls
    • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
    • Deadly Little Scandals (Debutantes, #2)
    • The Girl from Widow Hills
    • Burn Our Bodies Down
    • Twice in a Blue Moon
    • Foul Is Fair (Foul Is Fair #1)
    • All Your Twisted Secrets
    • Echoes Between Us
    • Be Not Far From Me
    • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
    • A Galaxy of Sea Stars
    • Into the Tall, Tall Grass
    • Break the Fall
    Hi there! I don't accept GR friend requests because of Amazon's linked review policy. It's not personal! You can still follow me on GR for updates, and I'd love to connect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow from Pittsburgh, PA. She studied creative writing at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from