Start by marking “A Forgotten Goddess (The Forgotten Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Forgotten Goddess (The Forgotten Book 1)

A Forgotten Goddess

(The Forgotten #1)

An abandoned Egyptian goddess follows her visions to Ireland, and finds more than she ever bargained for...

Bat Sitru used to be a goddess. Well, technically she still is. But with no followers, no temples, and only the overly mischievous cat-goddess Bastet as a fri
Published September 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Forgotten Goddess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forgotten Goddess

Tiera McMillian
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an entertaining read, if not a bit confusing. You can definitely tell the author has done a ton of research on Irish lore and mythology. Some of those names even I had not heard of, so it was a tad difficult to keep things straight at times but I am ecstatic when I feel like I learn something about the lore I have always loved.

Our FMC Bat, though not my usual sarcastic, sword wielding heroine, was incredibly interesting. A forgotten, diminished naive millennia old goddess. I found that
Jessica Robbins
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series sure starts with a bang as we meet Bat an Egyptian Goddess who has essentially been forgotten over time. She decides to go on vacation after she receives some vague visions but she is in for quite a few surprises when she arrives. Her landlords are three hot brothers with secrets that cannot decide if they want to allow her to stay or not. A murder puts a spin on things and they get closer as the investigation goes on. Full of intrigue, fantasy, and fun as the story pulls you taking ...more
Kayla Pipkin
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
This story is based on Irish and Egyptian mythology.
Something I'm not really familiar with and feel like it might have hindered me when reading
You can tell research was done on this subject.

Bat-our leading female character-is a naive dwindling goddess from Egypt.
And there are three male characters who find solace in different ways with her.
The premise of the story is Bat is diminished by her lack of followers and pushed aside by the other gods and goddesses in the Egyptian pantheon.
Because o
Cinnabelle
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been following Cecilia Randell since I read A Girl Named Blue a few months ago. I found her style simple and easily accessible. Sorry, no great work of literary fiction here, just simple storytelling. With the chaos that is the world today sometimes it is easier and more soothing to read something simple and uncomplicated to forget that life can be a s**t show.

The premise is that an early Egyptian goddess, Bat, who is diminished by her lack of worshipers and scorned by the rest of the Eg
CoullCat
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Forgotten Goddess is a glorious melding of Irish folklore and legends and Egyptian Mythology. Randell has managed to breath new life into the myths, even if she has moulded some of them to fit with the story.

Bat is sweet and at times her naivety about the world is downright hilarious but, as she says in the book, she is a Goddess and therefore should not be underestimated. The three brothers are the perfect counterpart to Bat’s inner strength and sweetness. All three have, or are, warriors wit
Krystyna
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it - Ireland needs Egypt!

What a great read! A goddess that is almost human decides to travel to Ireland from her native Egypt. Although liberties were taken there is still enough truth in the legends to meet most purists demands. Plus the characters are fabulous ranging from the hesitant but determined heroine to the larger than life heroes. The little notes she pens to her best friend, Bast, are another great touch.
Leaving Egypt was hard, now hours of travelling behind her she is in a co
Penny Ellen
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t usually read books on Gods as I tend to get bored easily but I found myself really enjoyng this story. The combination of Irish mythology and Gods and the Egyptian Gods was an intriguing concept and something different to the usual Gods we read about. Cecelia Randell has done a good job of mixing mythology while putting her on twist on things to better suit the story and the characters she has created. I am intrigued to find out where the story will go and what happens in the next couple ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Loved It

I've come across another Cecilia Randall series to get hooked on. Funny enough, I didn't recognize the author's name right off and almost passed this book up. I ended up deciding to try it because I wanted to see what happens when an Egyptian goddess goes to Ireland and gets caught up in things and finds a new life for herself. I loved it and that was mostly due to Bat. She is just so adorable. I fell in love with her instantly and rooted for her the entire book.

I loved Dub, Mell and Sha
lauren
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a pleasant surprise. I started reading this book hoping for a juicy RH read, but I what I got was a book of old deities, folklore and a murder mystery that a awesome Egyptian is ready to solve. Although I was hoping for sometime else entirely this book was just as good as any. It does have the opening of many lovers but also the story does not follow them as such, it is all wrapped around their past, the murder, and meeting of new friends. So if your looking for one of those kinda ...more
Lillium
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love mithology, so I understood most of the terms and got the gist of it when I didn't. Still, I would use 4.5 stars, but having to choose I will pick 5 instead of 4. I found the heroine refreshing, the men were awesome and the interaction between them felt real and not hurried or insta-fabricated although there is ovbiously something there from the start.
The only thing I didn't love is that the end was a bit anticlimatic? They resolve the situation so easily that I feel a b
R Hammann
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. The way the characters behaved, you could actually see them. The 4 main characters, Bat the goddess and the 3 brothers were nicely fleshed out for me and made the book believable. You could actually see this being real (and who is to say it wasn't). It was hard to have to put the book down. I will definitely be searching the other books.
Jenny Johnson
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME

It was great, my two favorite histories Egyptian and Irish. I couldn't ask for more. The story kept me interested and flowed well. I'm excited to read the next one to see where this new world leads. I would totally recommend this to anyone who enjoys the Far and stories of redemption and Love.
Liz Etnyre
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Really liked this one! Something rather appealing to the concept. Good introduction to the characters and I'm interested in how they move forward. (Main 'mystery' is resolved - more or less. Not a cliffhanger anyway.) 4.5 stars. Will read on in this series.
Rachel
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly surprised

When I downloaded this book on ku, I was just looking to kill time. I had no real expectations of it. I was so surprised, I enjoyed it very much. I look forward to reading more of Bat's adventures and her loves.
❤ Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
I read this and the other book in the trilogy as part of a blog tour with Rockstar Tours. To see my combined review on all three books, visit my blog Sometimes Leelynn Reads on Monday, July 15th.
Stormy Sparks
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful start

A great start to a series. I e enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading the second one. I cant wait to see more of the romantic side to appear with the main characters.
Danielle
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of This World

I didn't just give this book five stars, it earned it. If you want an exciting adventure filled with love, happiness and mystery than this is definitely the one you should pick up. I've always loved stories about gods and goddesses and this did not disappoint.
Samantha
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Read

I really enjoyed this one. Once I started, I got pulled into the story. Looking forward to the next book!
Michele Keeling
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Forgotten Goddess

Brilliant book, I had trouble putting it down. Already got the next in the series and will definitely look into more from this author
Sabrina Teixeira
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
A little bit confusing, but good.
Abi
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem
This book was incredible. I absolutely LOVED Bat. She was awesome! So were all of the other characters. The mythology was also very interesting and well executed. I absolutely need book 2! 5 stars.
Alex (Briennai)
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Full review coming soon!
ruth
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

After finishing the first book I immediately bought the next two. Loved Bat and her not men. Thank you for a great story.
Brittney Nicholson
May 08, 2019
Megan McCarl
Oct 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cecilia Randell is the pseudonym for a lady author that has not quite worked up the courage to give you all her real name. She loves a good story, and often finds herself thinking "what if...", so decided to put some of her 'what ifs' down in words for others to, hopefully, enjoy.

The Forgotten (3 books)
  • The Legends That Remain (The Forgotten Book 2)
  • The Final Melody (The Forgotten Book 3)