Start by marking “Medicine Man” as Want to Read:
Medicine Man

Medicine Man

(Heartstone Series)

Willow Taylor lives in a castle with large walls and iron fences. But this is no ordinary castle. It’s called Heartstone Psychiatric Hospital and it houses forty other patients. It has nurses with mean faces and techs with permanent frowns.

It has a man, as well. A man who is cold and distant. Whose voice drips with authority. And whose piercing gray eyes hide secrets, and
Published September 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Medicine Man, please sign up.
teddy It is psychological, and emotional. Yes, it is steamy, there is sex. But its quality lies in the well drawn, realistic and lovable characters. So it i…moreIt is psychological, and emotional. Yes, it is steamy, there is sex. But its quality lies in the well drawn, realistic and lovable characters. So it is also romantic, not only sex.(less)

Start your review of Medicine Man
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! Medicine Man (stand-alone). Ultra forbidden romance between two lonely souls with secrets!

“I wanted him to know the truth. Maybe because my feelings for him – crush, fascination, whatever -isn’t like my illness. It’s one pure thing, and I didn’t want to hide it.”

Medicine Man (stand-alone) opens up to high school student and heiress Willow Audrey Taylor, Lolo aka Snow Princess counting down the days until she completes her treatment in a psychiatric facility. M
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I don’t have my pride, Willow, because I feel like a man on death row. Begging for life. Begging to live one more day. Begging to fuck you one more time.”

description

If this book isn't proof that you should always give second chances then I don't know what is.
I'm so wonderfully speechless.
So fucking gobsmacked, someone needs to join me on release day to raise a glass... all the glasses to Ms. Kent.

_______________

An Explanation
Earlier this year, I received an ARC for Gods and Monsters. After read
Dilek VT
4,5 stars

If you have strong feelings about a relationship between “a patient & her doctor”, or “an 18-year-old virgin & 33-year-old adult”, then, this book might be a hard pill to swallow for you.

The book has all kinds of wrong in it and things they do can easily be judged if you are not flexible in your judgement. However, if you just let yourself feel what they feel, then the wrong can feel right because it is how they feel and they cannot help it.

I once read "Unrequited" from this writer an
Bibi
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: why
If you haven’t read Saffron’s The Unrequited, then you must. This otoh is both shallow and protracted, also, the protagonists have zero chemistry. It’s a no for me. DNF @23%
Isabella. R
5 Ice King Stars ⭐️

Just steal my breath, break my heart, punch me in the gut for good measure and then mercifully put me back together. Because once wasn’t enough to have read Medicine Man, I had to go back for seconds. And to me, if was just as breathtaking and glorious the second time around.

Eighteen year old Harry Potter enthusiast Willow is on the inside after ‘The Roof Incident.’ Her days are filled with many forms of therapy and medication. It’s tough to accept when it was just an ‘accid
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

MEDICINE MAN: Is a full length, a taboo romance novel by Saffron A. Kent. In this we meet Willow Taylor and Simon Blackward.

Release Date: September 27th, 2018
Genre: Romance
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Eighteen year old Willow is a patient at Heartstone Psychiatric hospital where it houses forty other patients within it’s private facility, thirty three year old Simon is her Psychiatrist.
Due to a roof incident she’s b
Olga therebelreader
*3.75 stars*
Loved it. Willow and Simon’s story was beautiful. Simon Blackwood is holding back from really living. He harbors great guilt because he failed to live up to his personal expectations and he blames himself for his parents’ unhappy lives…that is until the day he meets his patient Willow Taylor. Willow is beautiful and kind but she has not let herself open up to anyone since the diagnosis of her mental disorder that interferes with her daily life. Simon can see through her and her lies
☽•☾-Ari
2 stars

Probably the most disappointing book of this year for me. There was so much wrong with it I just can't even. I mean, if you're going to write a book based on mental health, make it a book based on mental health, and don't just use mental health as a ploy to make the reader root for the characters. And honestly, other than the first pages where it was mentioned that Willow suffered from depression, we never really see an instance where she exhibits symptoms of a depressed person. Unhinged?
Tia Louise
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart! Once again Saffron Kent has stolen a night's sleep from me, and I DON'T CARE. This book is SO GOOD.

It starts out really strong--great writing, an engaging heroine, lovable friends. When I was first reading, it reminded me of Poisonwood Bible... then Girl, Interrupted... Willow is a great heroine. I love her so much. "Warrior Willow" is sassy, analytical, magical, suicidal--only she believes she's special. She's adorable.

Then "Medicine Man" Simon shows up, and it starts to build...
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok

I didn't like this book, I didn't enjoy it at all. Don't get me wrong the blurb was very catchy but I didn't get into this story. :(

But still please don't mind my rating, go and give a shot this book! Who knows, maybe you'll love it. ;)

Ps.
I respect to my friends who gave this book 5 stars, and I'll never, ever judge them for this but it seems I'm the main problem in here... Well, sometimes I'm being the jerk one! Sorry! :-\
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Medicine Man is THE book that I have been waiting for the past few months. The forbidden aspect lured me in, the promise of something somewhat crazy and dark had me on pins and needles but do you know what did me in? This author. From the moment I read Unrequited , I knew that she was going to be the one to watch and I’ve been a fan of hers her ever since.

Do you know what’s it's like to have different thoughts throughout your childhood? To feel different? To have to look at your loved ones
K
4.5 Healing STARS!!!!!

‘Medicine is in his blood. Like illness is in mine. My blood is tainted with poison and his is laced with the antidote.’

Sensitive and thought-provoking, but a beautiful contemporary romance nonetheless is Medicine Man. Simply put, it’s about a psychiatrist and his patient. Hence the forbidden and unethical aspect in their relationship that turns into an intense and passionate romantic one. I’m a little obsessed with age-gap romances so this definitely contributes to why I a
Mandy
I had really high expectations for this book. I’ve loved the other books I’ve read by this author and when I first read the blurb for this book, I was so excited. I love a good forbidden romance! The fact that this is a psychiatrist and patient story really caught my interest. When I got an early copy of this book, I couldn’t wait to start it but I was a bit nervous. Could this book really live up to the high expectations I had? Let me tell you, this book exceeded those expectations. Fantastic w ...more
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was actually a pleasant surprise and better than I thought it'd be! I appreciated the fact that the story felt unique to me. Yes it had that familiar taboo/forbidden love type aspect, but it wasn't like anything I've read before. I liked the Girl Interrupted type setting in majority of the book, and I couldn't help but remember that movie and the bonds that the patients made just like in this book. I also appreciated the fact that the H wasn't perfect and that he wa
Wil Loves Books!
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
4.5 Stars for the Ice King and the Snow Queen!

“I think you’ll like how free the people are on the other side.”

“What side is that?” he asks at last, in a soft voice and awareness in his eyes.

“The side where craziness lives. And I’m not talking about the useless kind.”

I loved this book, truly, truly loved it. I was supposed to read it last week but had an overall crappy week so I had to put it off until now. But once I started reading, I just couldn’t stop. This book just gripped me
Melanie A. ~mostly on hiatus~
**A 2018 TOP PICK**

5 STARS!!
"A hero isn't someone who doesn't fall. A hero is someone who knows how to rise."
Loved it! Lots of depth, lots of heat; Medicine Man was exactly my jam!

The story in a nutshell: Willow has struggled with mental illness her entire life. After 'The Roof Incident' on her eighteenth birthday, she agrees to be institutionalized for 6 weeks at Heartstone Psychiatric Hospital . . . where she meets Dr. Simon Blackwood.

Oh, wow! Saffron Kent has written a rare gem.
Julia ☀
⭐️ 4.75 5 "Warrior Willow" Stars ⭐️

"[...] You make my sadness not so… sad.”

Initial Thoughts

This book. . .THIS BOOK. . .I. . .my mind has been blown. Truly. This is what my brain looks like right now -

It has been a full week since I finished Medicine Man and I'm still not sure what I want to say. This is one of those books where the more you sit with it the more you love it (ie. i bumped my rating up to 5 stars). MEDICINE MAN is a book that truly shouldn't work for me. It has a g
Syndi
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want something forbidden on the start of my weekend. And I am not disappointed with my choice of Medicine Man. Ir has that forbidden romance between the doctor and his patient. Plus the age gap.

This is my first read by Miss Kent. I like the story and the flow of the story. The relationship between Simon and Willow is slow and seductive. Not slow burn.

My only wish is less inner dialog. More seductive part.

Overall this is a wonderful read to start my weekend.

Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Forbidden. Tortured. Decadent. Delicious

These are just four words that come to mind after reading the amazingness that was Medicine Man. Good Lord Saffron Kent just owned me with this glorious story and I dont think I'll be able to move on in a very long time. Willow and Simon were EVERYTHING! This story was heartbreaking, epic, moving and so powerful. It was beyond sexy as these characters were emotionally damaged and tortured but so perfect for one another it was almost kismet. Hands down this
Arini
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
i dont have a point in saying what im about to say. or if i have, idk what that is. but im just going to say it anyway bcs this thing has kept me wondering.

i have read three books by this author, and im a little concerned with how she always seem to 'diagnose' her female protagonists with some unresolved mental health problems sprinkled with a tiny dose of dick syndrome. the line between them getting a proper treatment and them being 'recovered' bcs of their love and obsession for their men is a
Karla
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

Sigh! So I didn’t end up loving this one as I thought I would nor hate just somewhere in the middle. The blurb definitely caught my attention loved the concept of forbidden doctor/patient/age gap. The beginning was pretty good and my favorite part. There’s nothing better for me than the build up of the relationship between the MC, especially since it was forbidden.

I loved both characters, their chemistry, the connection they felt for each other. Our H was the kind of brooding aloof th
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Well. I loved it. Surprisingly.
Because I also hated parts of it. I don't even know why I started it. I don't like it when either the hero or heroine are sick. And I hate it when a guy is more than eight years older than the girl and here we have a FIFTEEN year age difference!!!!
Plus he's a medical professional who should know better - especially because of his family history.
BUT ... I also really liked the story. I loved Simon and Willow and I loved their love story.
It's all a bit taboo and wei
Jessica
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read two Saffron A. Kent novels before this and I have loved how complex and unusual her characters are. Seeing that this is a romance between a patient and a doctor at a mental institution, I was definitely intrigued to see what Saffron could do!

After Willow tries to throw herself out a window, she finds herself as a patient in Heartstone Psychiatric hospital. Willow is trying to make it through each day until she finally gets to go home to her mom. The day Dr. Simon Blackwood walks thr
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬

“Do you know when I realized I fucked up?” He swallows. “When I woke up with your blood on my cock.”

This is one of the most beautifuly desperate scream of a man who is in love.

But No.

I didn't expect anything from this book (until one part I'm gonna tell you later). It was okay if it was not cool, not surreal, not enough to feed my malady. I loved her inner thoughts. Beginning was good. Really.
Like, cmon.

There’s a sun stuck in my head. It’s bright and glaring. It hurts my eyes, my skull,
The Book Bee
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4 bold stars
"She needs a true hero. I'm a broken one."

I feel like I need to stress that this book might not be for everyone. This one seems to have been written in the same mindset as The Unrequited, which was on my Favorites List for 2017. And once again, the intensity was there. I loved the mood, the pull, the uninhibited look at the psyche of one woman trying to prove something to...someone. This character was definitely one that didn't think like a lot of people. I loved being in
✩ Mira ✩
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ✩ Mira ✩ by: Rachel (LoverofTBR)
4 stars

I really enjoyed this book! I actually expected it to be a bit heavier than it was, because it is a forbidden romance, but everything was handled very well, in my opinion. It felt atmospheric, the portrayal of the mental hospital seemed very realistic and different to the clishe one we usually get from movies, there was some great commentary on mental health, I loved all the characters and the romance was very well done.

I found both Willow and Simon very intruguing as characters. Will
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Did I just pull an all-nighter because I couldn't put this book down until I finished it? Yeah. You bet I did.

I'm not even going to TRY to form coherent thoughts right now, I'm just going to say this was PHENOMENAL and angsty and swoon-y and steamy. Willow and Simon are precious beans, and the depression rep in this book meant so much to me I can't even describe it. I cried a million times. Worth it.

Full review coming soon!
MC The Bookaholic ♡
4 stars!!!!

Once again, Saffron has me addicted to the bit of angst in her plot. As I mentioned before, I really disliked any kind of angst in plots, but her angst make sense and are made a part of the book in the way that without it, the drama/heartbreak, the book would not be complete.

I read the Heartstone series all out if order. I started with Fallon/Dean’s story, then Violet/Graham before reading this one. And you know what? I don’t regret it one bit. Because by knowing how the other stori
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

It's not a secret that I love Saffron's writing, she has a way with her words that you immediately feel like you are a part of her story.This exactly happened to me and Medicine Man.

The story was intrigued and Willow is so unique and you like her from the beginning!I loved being in her head and know what she is thinking.Simon is interesting too, I loved the build up between them.They have some intense and really hot moments together.

I really enjoy it, and I can't wait to see more books fr

• Unconditional
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Love Unexpected
  • Misbehaved
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Him
  • Burnout
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Balance (Off Balance, #1)
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)
  • Twist (Off Balance, #4)
  • Dark Notes
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Credence
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
Writer of bad romances. Lana Del Rey of the Book World.

Saffron A. Kent is a USA Today Bestselling Author of Contemporary and New Adult romance.

She has an MFA in Creative Writing and she lives in New York City with her nerdy and supportive husband, along with a million and one books.

She also blogs. Her musings related to life, writing, books and everything in between can be found in her JOURNAL on

Heartstone Series (3 books)
  • Dreams of 18
  • California Dreamin'

News & Interviews

“That’s the worst part of being mentally ill: you don’t know the real you because the illness and the meds fuck with everything.” 4 likes
“I am calm. I’m cool. I’m a cucumber.” 3 likes