Start by marking “Medicine Man” as Want to Read:
Medicine Man

Medicine Man

Willow Taylor lives in a castle with large walls and iron fences. But this is no ordinary castle. It’s called Heartstone Psychiatric Hospital and it houses forty other patients. It has nurses with mean faces and techs with permanent frowns.

It has a man, as well. A man who is cold and distant. Whose voice drips with authority. And whose piercing gray eyes hide secrets, and
Published September 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Medicine Man, please sign up.
Saffron Hi Babel,

Hi Babel,

Thanks for the question! I'd call it steamy (as all my books are) and of course, forbidden. Not sure if that's what you mean by drama, though. LOL. All I can say is that it's a slow burn forbidden romance on the side of angsty. Hope this answered your question <3

S(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Medicine Man (stand-alone). Ultra forbidden romance between two lonely souls with secrets!

“I wanted him to know the truth. Maybe because my feelings for him – crush, fascination, whatever -isn’t like my illness. It’s one pure thing, and I didn’t want to hide it.”

Medicine Man (stand-alone) opens up to high school student and heiress Willow Audrey Taylor, Lolo aka Snow Princess counting down the days until she completes her treatment in a psychiatric facility. More on why she is there
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I don’t have my pride, Willow, because I feel like a man on death row. Begging for life. Begging to live one more day. Begging to fuck you one more time.”

description

If this book isn't proof that you should always give second chances then I don't know what is.
I'm so wonderfully speechless.
So fucking gobsmacked, someone needs to join me on release day to raise a glass... all the glasses to Ms. Kent.

_______________

An Explanation
Earlier this year, I received an ARC for Gods and Monsters. After reading
Saffron
Jul 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sept-2018
Hi, guys!!

Medicine Man in LIVE!!!! I am so excited for you to read the delicious, slow burn, forbidden romance of Simon and Willow!! 💜

#OneClick your copy here: https://amzn.to/2xvtBZW
(FREE in KU!)

If you're into excerpts, here's a little taste...

“Can I go now?” I whisper.

“No.”

“W-why not?”

“Because I’m curious about something.”

I lick my lower lip. “About what?”

“I’m curious about,” he whispers, his breath wafting over my nose, drugging my senses. “Why do I want to kiss you?”

Bibi
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: why
If you haven’t read Saffron’s The Unrequited, then you must. This otoh is both shallow and protracted, also, the protagonists have zero chemistry. It’s a no for me. DNF @23%
Dilek VT
4,5 stars

If you have strong feelings about a relationship between “a patient & her doctor”, or “an 18-year-old virgin & 33-year-old adult”, then, this book might be a hard pill to swallow for you.

The book has all kinds of wrong in it and things they do can easily be judged if you are not flexible in your judgement. However, if you just let yourself feel what they feel, then the wrong can feel right because it is how they feel and they cannot help it.

I once read "Unrequited" from this w
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

MEDICINE MAN: Is a full length, a taboo romance novel by Saffron A. Kent. In this we meet Willow Taylor and Simon Blackward.

Release Date: September 27th, 2018
Genre: Romance
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Eighteen year old Willow is a patient at Heartstone Psychiatric hospital where it houses forty other patients within it’s private facility, thirty three year old Simon is her Psychiatrist.
Due to a roof incident she’s been ad
Olga therebelreader
*3.75 stars*
Loved it. Willow and Simon’s story was beautiful. Simon Blackwood is holding back from really living. He harbors great guilt because he failed to live up to his personal expectations and he blames himself for his parents’ unhappy lives…that is until the day he meets his patient Willow Taylor. Willow is beautiful and kind but she has not let herself open up to anyone since the diagnosis of her mental disorder that interferes with her daily life. Simon can see through her and her lies
Tia Louise
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart! Once again Saffron Kent has stolen a night's sleep from me, and I DON'T CARE. This book is SO GOOD.

It starts out really strong--great writing, an engaging heroine, lovable friends. When I was first reading, it reminded me of Poisonwood Bible... then Girl, Interrupted... Willow is a great heroine. I love her so much. "Warrior Willow" is sassy, analytical, magical, suicidal--only she believes she's special. She's adorable.

Then "Medicine Man" Simon shows up, and it starts to build...
Ari
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars

Probably the most disappointing book of this year for me. There was so much wrong with it I just can't even. I mean, if you're going to write a book based on mental health, make it a book based on mental health, and don't just use mental health as a ploy to make the reader root for the characters. And honestly, other than the first pages where it was mentioned that Willow suffered from depression, we never really see an instance where she exhibits symptoms of a depressed person. Unhinged?
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok

I didn't like this book, I didn't enjoy it at all. Don't get me wrong the blurb was very catchy but I didn't get into this story. :(

But still please don't mind my rating, go and give a shot this book! Who knows, maybe you'll love it. ;)

Ps.
I respect to my friends who gave this book 5 stars, and I'll never, ever judge them for this but it seems I'm the main problem in here... Well, sometimes I'm being the jerk one! Sorry! :-\
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Medicine Man is THE book that I have been waiting for the past few months. The forbidden aspect lured me in, the promise of something somewhat crazy and dark had me on pins and needles but do you know what did me in? This author. From the moment I read Unrequited , I knew that she was going to be the one to watch and I’ve been a fan of hers her ever since.

Do you know what’s it's like to have different thoughts throughout your childhood? To feel different? To have to look at your loved ones an
Mandy
I had really high expectations for this book. I’ve loved the other books I’ve read by this author and when I first read the blurb for this book, I was so excited. I love a good forbidden romance! The fact that this is a psychiatrist and patient story really caught my interest. When I got an early copy of this book, I couldn’t wait to start it but I was a bit nervous. Could this book really live up to the high expectations I had? Let me tell you, this book exceeded those expectations. Fantastic w ...more
Wil Loves Books!
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
4.5 Stars for the Ice King and the Snow Queen!

“I think you’ll like how free the people are on the other side.”

“What side is that?” he asks at last, in a soft voice and awareness in his eyes.

“The side where craziness lives. And I’m not talking about the useless kind.”

I loved this book, truly, truly loved it. I was supposed to read it last week but had an overall crappy week so I had to put it off until now. But once I started reading, I just couldn’t stop. This book just gripped me from
Melanie A.
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**A 2018 TOP PICK**

5 STARS!!
"A hero isn't someone who doesn't fall. A hero is someone who knows how to rise."
Loved it! Lots of depth, lots of heat; Medicine Man was exactly my jam!

The story in a nutshell: Willow has struggled with mental illness her entire life. After 'The Roof Incident' on her eighteenth birthday, she agrees to be institutionalized for 6 weeks at Heartstone Psychiatric Hospital . . . where she meets Dr. Simon Blackwood.

Oh, wow! Saffron Kent has written a rare gem. She's s
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Forbidden. Tortured. Decadent. Delicious

These are just four words that come to mind after reading the amazingness that was Medicine Man. Good Lord Saffron Kent just owned me with this glorious story and I dont think I'll be able to move on in a very long time. Willow and Simon were EVERYTHING! This story was heartbreaking, epic, moving and so powerful. It was beyond sexy as these characters were emotionally damaged and tortured but so perfect for one another it was almost kismet. Hands down this
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was actually a pleasant surprise and better than I thought it'd be! I appreciated the fact that the story felt unique to me. Yes it had that familiar taboo/forbidden love type aspect, but it wasn't like anything I've read before. I liked the Girl Interrupted type setting in majority of the book, and I couldn't help but remember that movie and the bonds that the patients made just like in this book. I also appreciated the fact that the H wasn't perfect and that he wa
Isabella.R
5 Ice King Stars ⭐

Just steal my breath, break my heart, punch me in the gut for good measure and then mercifully put me back together. Because once wasn’t enough for me to have read Medicine Man, I had to go back for seconds. And to me, if was just as impactful and glorious the second time around.

Eighteen year old ‘Harry Potter enthusiast’ Willow is on the inside after ‘The Roof Incident.’ Her days are filled with many forms of therapy and medication. It’s tough to accept when it was just an ‘
Karla
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

Sigh! So I didn’t end up loving this one as I thought I would nor hate just somewhere in the middle. The blurb definitely caught my attention loved the concept of forbidden doctor/patient/age gap. The beginning was pretty good and my favorite part. There’s nothing better for me than the build up of the relationship between the MC, especially since it was forbidden.

I loved both characters, their chemistry, the connection they felt for each other. Our H was the kind of brooding aloof th
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬

“Do you know when I realized I fucked up?” He swallows. “When I woke up with your blood on my cock.”

This is one of the most beautifuly desperate scream of a man who is in love.

But No.

I didn't expect anything from this book (until one part I'm gonna tell you later). It was okay if it was not cool, not surreal, not enough to feed my malady. I loved her inner thoughts. Beginning was good. Really.
Like, cmon.

There’s a sun stuck in my head. It’s bright and glaring. It hurts my eyes, my skull,
The Book Bee
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4 bold stars
"She needs a true hero. I'm a broken one."

I feel like I need to stress that this book might not be for everyone. This one seems to have been written in the same mindset as The Unrequited, which was on my Favorites List for 2017. And once again, the intensity was there. I loved the mood, the pull, the uninhibited look at the psyche of one woman trying to prove something to...someone. This character was definitely one that didn't think like a lot of people. I loved being insi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

It's not a secret that I love Saffron's writing, she has a way with her words that you immediately feel like you are a part of her story.This exactly happened to me and Medicine Man.

The story was intrigued and Willow is so unique and you like her from the beginning!I loved being in her head and know what she is thinking.Simon is interesting too, I loved the build up between them.They have some intense and really hot moments together.

I really enjoy it, and I can't wait to see more books fr
Chloe reads
6 warrior stars

“My blood is tainted with poison and his is lace with the antidote.”

HOLY FUCK. What is happening?
I have no words. no fucking words.
What am I supposed to do with myself now?

Medicine Man has broken me. Like literally broken me. I felt so many feelings, I don't even know what to do with myself. I cried and laughed and swooned and cried again. I am utterly and completely speechless. This has to be Saffron A. Kent's best work yet. I didn't know it was possible to LOVE a book that
Jessica
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read two Saffron A. Kent novels before this and I have loved how complex and unusual her characters are. Seeing that this is a romance between a patient and a doctor at a mental institution, I was definitely intrigued to see what Saffron could do!

After Willow tries to throw herself out a window, she finds herself as a patient in Heartstone Psychiatric hospital. Willow is trying to make it through each day until she finally gets to go home to her mom. The day Dr. Simon Blackwood walks thr
Beneath The Covers Blog
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Elle's Book Blog
No Rating Coming back to this one in a few weeks as I am in a romance slump and not enjoying any romances that I pick up.
EscapeNBooks
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Medicine Man by Author Saffron A. Kent is a taboo, forbidden novel, featuring a doctor and his patient.

“... a hero isn’t someone who doesn’t fall. A hero is someone who knows how to rise.”

There are some books that you pick up and absorb. Ones with storylines that inextricably stay inside of you. Medicine Man was definitely one of those stories.

Willow Taylor is a young girl who
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
“Medicine is in his blood. Like illness is in mine. My blood is tainted with poison and his is laced with the antidote.”

Saffron Kent writes some of the very best emotional, sexy, forbidden romances and 'Medicine Man' is no exception. I read an early copy of this story and was completely taken in by the vulnerability and raw emotion of the story. There is nothing quite so taboo to me than a doctor-patient romance and while I was angry at first with Simon for taking advantage of his patient, I s
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
After giving birth to a baby it was almost impossible to read a book for me, specially first month. But I tried and finished this beautiful book. Im not sure how many days I spend to finish this but at least cost me more than three weeks. Why Im writing this irrelevent statue with you. Because I can be wronged to evaluate story or book

Just some irritated parts made me erase one star and my final stars are four this story.
Donna
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book left me with very mixed emotions. And very difficult to review. Some parts were beautiful, other parts dull. Sometimes dragged on. I did like Willow, she was a real warrior. Simon I had trouble connecting with for most of the book. He left me hot and cold, just like his personality. Some things worked, some not so much. 3-4 stars. Will try another from this author.
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
The setting of this book is probably what I'll remember for a while. Loved the heroine. Wished for a more developed hero with longer chapters from his pov. Girl gotta wish for something :D

• Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)
  • Shattered Poetry (Broken Lives, #2)
  • Heights of Desire (Heightsbound, #1)
  • Under His Control (Hybrid Heat #2)
  • When There is Hope
  • The Time Between Us (Between Us #1)
  • Teddy and His Bear (Oh My!, #1)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Alaska or Bust
  • Demanding Discipline (Love and Care #3)
  • The Protégé
  • Lawn Boys
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • No Holds Barred (In The Heart Of A Valentine #1)
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Hoops Holiday
Writer of bad romances. Aspiring Lana Del Rey of the Book World.

Saffron A. Kent is USA Today Bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romance. More often than not, her love stories are edgy, forbidden and passionate. Her work has been featured in Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, New York Daily News and USA Today’s Happy Ever After.

She has an MFA in creative writing and she lives in New York Cit
“Keeper of the black gates of Heartstone has a dick that makes me think of the white gates of heaven.” 0 likes
“I am calm. I’m cool. I’m a cucumber.” 0 likes