Start by marking “Her Outback Protector (Second Chance Bay #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Outback Protector (Second Chance Bay #2)

Her Outback Protector

(Second Chance Bay #2)

When Don McDougal skippers an adventure cruise to the remote waterways of the Kimberleys, a new hostess joins the family charter boat.
But Clare Templeton is in jeopardy… and Don steps in to keep her safe.
Will his attraction to this beautiful woman break down the barriers Clare puts up at every turn?
Published December 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Her Outback Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Outback Protector

Start your review of Her Outback Protector (Second Chance Bay #2)
Jessica Rankin
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of this. It had me hooked from the moment I picked it up. I love how Don takes a chance on Claire without knowing any information about her. Set in Australia’s remote North, it gives readers an insight to this beautiful part of Australia and Annie brings it to life. A great summer read with a bit of romance another great read from Annie Seaton.
Shelagh
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Her Outback Protector, which pairs former TV presenter Claire Templeton with rugged charter operator Don McDougal.
Set in Australia’s remote top end, this book gives readers an insight into the rugged beauty of the Australian landscape from the Gulf of Carpentaria right across to the Western Australian Coast. Author Annie Seaton is clearly very familiar with this spectacular landscape and brings it to life in this story.
I liked Claire, the heroine of this story. I fe
Darlene Heaysman
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book made me nostalgic for my childhood.

I was about 10 years of age when my grandmother let me start reading her collection of Lucy Walker books. These books were stories of young women who went to the Outback of Australia, met a man, met an obstacle, overcame that obstacle and fell in love along the way. There may have been a kiss or two, but definitely no sex. This was the 60's after all.

Her Outback Protector reminded me of these books that I had read.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story w
Claire
A really enjoyable romance set in outback Qld, NT and WA as Claire and Don travel from Second Chance Bay to Wyndham to work on Don's boat. I really liked Don, he was such a nice guy and even not knowing anything about Claire was willing to give her a chance working on his boat. Claire was very secretive and paranoid and at times extremely moody but Don took most of this in his stride like the nice guy he was. I liked how they began to open up to each other slowly. Another good story by Annie Sea ...more
Kelly
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Annie Seaton does Australia wonders in this Second Chance Bay story. I loved the setting in Northern Australia and really enjoyed the descriptions of their travels to get to their departure point for the Adventure Cruise. Claire Templeton is obviously hiding something and Don offers her a job as hostess for his Adventure Cruise and feels the need to be protective of her. I loved the story and was glad to read the second Second Chance Bay book.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: annie-seaton
I thoroughly enjoyed this and read it in one sitting not wanting to put the story down. Annie does such a brilliant job with describing the Aussie outback and always makes me feel like I'm right there enjoying the scenery with a cold beer in hand. The storyline was good with a touch of mystery and a little romance and of course great characters.
Anne Blyth
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As the second book in the series this story lived up to expectation. Donny and Claire’s meeting and the adventures, dramas and intrigue that ensue kept my interest right to the end. Annie Seaton captures the essence of the outback and her descriptive writing makes you feel as though you are right there.
waz1234W
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

I love the Western Australian adventures they are all places I am waiting to visit and the story is also very good
Jane
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet. Just wish some of Annie's books were a little longer. You just get into them and they finish.
Debra
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clare Templeton is looking to escape the paparazzi. She rents a small house and fines a job as a hostess on Don McDougal’s adventure cruise ship. Don is instantly attracted to Clare but she has built a wall around her heart that Don may not be able to crack. Get ready to sail with Clare and Don and experience the beauty of the remote waterways of the Kimberleys. Can he protect her and win her love? A fabulous book, beautifully written by my Favorite Author, Annie Seaton. I highly recommend!
Dominique Bebbington
May 21, 2019
Michael Morris
Apr 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hard Road Home (Home to Lark Creek #2)
  • Turn Left for Home (Home to Lark Creek #3)
  • The Dairy Farmer's Daughter (Heart of the Hinterland #1)
  • Take Me Home (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #1)
  • Home to Lark Creek (Home to Lark Creek #1)
  • Born In The Outback
  • Home from the Hill (Home to Lark Creek #4)
  • Pearls and Green Beer: Bindarra Creek Short and Sweet
  • Girl Alone: An Australian Outback Romance
  • Legacy Of Hunters Ridge
  • The Cattleman's Promise (Hearts of the Outback Book 6)
  • Just One Kiss (Hearts of the Outback Book 1)
  • A Twist of Fate (Bindarra Creek A Town Reborn #7)
  • The River is Down
  • Matilda Next Door (Outback Brides Return to Wirralong Book 1)
  • A Nanny Called Alice (Outback Brides Return to Wirralong, #4)
  • Long Way Home (Hearts of the Outback Book 3)
  • The Call of the Pines
Annie Seaton lives near the beach on the mid-north coast of New South Wales. She is fulfilling her lifelong dream of writing and has been delighted to discover that readers love reading her stories as much as she loves writing them. Her career and studies spanned the education sector for most of her working life until she took up a full-time writing career. She is now published internationally in ...more

Second Chance Bay (3 books)
  • Her Outback Playboy (Second Chance Bay #1)
  • Her Outback Haven (Second Chance Bay #3)

News & Interviews